Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Class 2 Quizzzzz

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Jim Parker

Lesson 2 Quizzzzzz

1. The Name of God changed from Elohiym to Yahweh Elohiym at Genesis 2:4.
In your own words, how did the first part (up to Gen 2:3) sound different from the second part? (Gen 2:4 and forward.)

2. How were Adam and eve different from everything else that God created?

3. What temptation did the devil use to entice Eve to eat the forbidden fruit?

4. How did Eve’s position compared to Adam change after their sin?

5. What were the curses that Adam received?

6. How did God curse Cain?

7. How did God protect Cain?

8. In the genealogies of Cain and Seth, how was the personality of Lamech, the descendant of Cain, different from the personality of Enosh, the descendant of Seth as suggested by the scriptures?

9. Why did God decide to destroy mankind?

10. What was the reason for the flood in the Mesopotamian flood epics?

11. While there was only one flood, there are strong indications that the Bible contains two separate traditions in the flood; the Yahwist and the Elohist.
What are two of the differences between the two traditions’ stories?

12. What is the name of this literary structure?
Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 7.35.46 PM.png

13. After the flood, in what ways did the people who decided to build the tower in violation of God’s will?

14. How many nations from the sons of Noah were scattered over the world?

Alright like before I will just do my best and answers the ones I can answer. :yes

1. (Is it alright if I take a guess on this one?) After studying them both I think in Genesis 2:3 is speaking in present terms while Genesis 2:4 is speaking in past terms. Is that correct?

2. Again, this is sort of a guess but I think they were different because God never created living beings that were capable of serving Him before.

3. By challenging the authority of God's Word.

4. I know that one for sure! He grew higher authority over her.

5. Death, struggling for food, lack of innocence, multiplying.

6. He wasn't able to farm the land anymore.

7. He took vengeance on anybody who tried to hurt him.

9. Because He found that they were disobedient to Him.

Can you explain the question to number thirteen please because I'm sure that I can answer this one and all of these were in my own words since I didn't remember a lot of what you posted but I know the story of Adam and Eve really well. I think. :chin

1. (Is it alright if I take a guess on this one?) After studying them both I think in Genesis 2:3 is speaking in present terms while Genesis 2:4 is speaking in past terms. Is that correct?
no. :cries
Try this: Read Gen 1:1-2:3 out loud and then read Gen 2:4 - 25 out loud.
See if you hear the difference.
2. Again, this is sort of a guess but I think they were different because God never created living beings that were capable of serving Him before.
Only Adam and Eve were created in the image and likeness of God.
[QUOTE="HeIsRisen2018, post: 1479319, member: 11808"]3. By challenging the authority of God's Word.[/QUOTE]
That's part of it.
The actual enticement was that they would be "like God."
They were already created in God's likeness.
4. I know that one for sure! He grew higher authority over her.
Right.
Yes except, only Eve would have pain in childbirth (multiplying) not Adam.
6. He wasn't able to farm the land anymore.
Yes
7. He took vengeance on anybody who tried to hurt him.
Right. God put a sign on Cain that everyone would recognize and would leave him alone. (We don't know what that sign was." Gen 4:15)

You skipped 8

9. Because He found that they were disobedient to Him.
Sort of....
Gen 6:5-7 Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
And the LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.
So the LORD said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.”
Can you explain the question to number thirteen please because I'm sure that I can answer this one and all of these were in my own words since I didn't remember a lot of what you posted but I know the story of Adam and Eve really well. I think. :chin
First, go back and read what I wrote in the lesson.

Good!

no. :cries
Try this: Read Gen 1:1-2:3 out loud and then read Gen 2:4 - 25 out loud.
See if you hear the difference.

Only Adam and Eve were created in the image and likeness of God.
[QUOTE="HeIsRisen2018, post: 1479319, member: 11808"]3. By challenging the authority of God's Word.
That's part of it.
The actual enticement was that they would be "like God."
They were already created in God's likeness.

Right.

Yes except, only Eve would have pain in childbirth (multiplying) not Adam.

Yes

Right. God put a sign on Cain that everyone would recognize and would leave him alone. (We don't know what that sign was." Gen 4:15)

You skipped 8

Sort of....
Gen 6:5-7 Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
And the LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.
So the LORD said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.”

First, go back and read what I wrote in the lesson.

Good![/QUOTE]

I must admit, I was sort of rushing last night to get this finished since I went to go see my fiancée in prison yesterday and after the news report it was getting so late so I just wrote what I remembered and in my own words. Which lesson can I find answer thirteen to? I skipped number eight for the reason I told you about and I'll try reading those two aloud and see what I get. Oh yeah and I forgot the part about man being created in God's image, I mean I knew it, but also the other thing I said was true too I do believe since plants and animals don't have the knowledge of sin and how to be saved.

Alright let me try this again. Does question number one refer to the creation of the universe verses the creation of man and the Garden of Eden?

Alright let me try this again. Does question number one refer to the creation of the universe verses the creation of man and the Garden of Eden?
That's a better answer but not quite what I was looking for.
The first chapter is very formal. It sounds like someone reading a declaration from the king.
The second chapter sounds more personal. God gets His hands dirty making man out of dust. He talks with Adam and walks with him in the cool of the evening. God is much more approachable here than in the 6 days of creation.

So the three parts that I wrote down that are in violation to God's will are:

1. Building a city. (Although I'm not quite sure how this goes against being fruitful)

2. Trying to earn your way to Heaven.

3. Trying to create a name for themselves. (Not completely sure I understand this one a hundred percent either.)

So the three parts that I wrote down that are in violation to God's will are:

1. Building a city. (Although I'm not quite sure how this goes against being fruitful)

2. Trying to earn your way to Heaven.

3. Trying to create a name for themselves. (Not completely sure I understand this one a hundred percent either.)
1. If you build a city you cannot be fruitful and multiply and fill the whole earth. Pretty soon you fill the whole city and don't want to be fruitful and multiply anymore.
2. Pretty much. Get there without God. (good luck with that)
3. It's correct. Names in those days would be something like "Joshua the son of Nun." The "Son of" part told what family you belonged to.
The best "son of" is "the son of God". You want HIS name as your family name and God wants to give it to you.
They wanted to make their own name instead of God's.

I hope I don't get kicked out of class for being the class clown, but this is just too funny, plus I know the teacher has a sense of humor:

This question is "how was Adam cursed."

So the answer is he was cursed by multiplying; he thought there would be no math.:angry3

The next question you got right, and it's something I'd somehow never noticed in my own reading, that Cain's sin sorta started with farming (he wanted the work of his hands to be accepted just like his brother's was) and his punishment included being deprived of ... farming.

So simple!

I hope I don't get kicked out of class for being the class clown, but this is just too funny, plus I know the teacher has a sense of humor:

This question is "how was Adam cursed."

So the answer is he was cursed by multiplying; he thought there would be no math.:angry3

The next question you got right, and it's something I'd somehow never noticed in my own reading, that Cain's sin sorta started with farming (he wanted the work of his hands to be accepted just like his brother's was) and his punishment included being deprived of ... farming.

So simple!

Lol! If I could like this comment I would. :biggrin

Back