Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Coexistent modalism...the true Trinity.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Status
Not open for further replies.

justbyfaith

Here is how I define the Trinity.

The Father is a Spirit without flesh inhabiting eternity (John 4:23-24, Isaiah 57:15).

The Son is the same Spirit come in flesh (John 4:24, Ephesians 4:4, 1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7).

The Holy Ghost is the same Spirit as He is released from the physical body of the Son at His crucifixion (Luke 23:46).

(For God is one Spirit (Ephesians 4:4, John 4:24).)

The Holy Ghost being distinct from the Father in that He has lived the human life of Christ and therefore has an experiential understanding of humanity.

The Son being distinct from the Father and the Holy Ghost in that He is come in flesh (while the Father and the Holy Ghost also dwell in the Person of the Son, Colossians 2:9).

I believe that the Son was begotten in the incarnation (Luke 1:35); which does not make it impossible that He is pre-existent.

For He ascended to fill all things (Ephesians 4:10); even to exist outside of time.

For in the Bible codes of Genesis 1 it can be determined that there are ten dimensions in reality. The risen and ascended Son fills all ten. So, He is far above the fourth dimension; which is time. Therefore Jesus exists outside of time.

And because He exists outside of time, His existence extends into eternity past.

Thus, the Father created the worlds through Jesus Christ; since Christ existed in the beginning;

While the beginning of His life (as the Son in flesh) happened at the juncture of Luke 1:35.

Some have tried to define this theology as not being the Trinity by giving it the label of "Coexistent Modalism".

I think that such is a slander on the doctrine.

I developed this doctrine as an emphasis on the Oneness of God in the Trinity, as a response to mormon theology; which has also infiltrated the minds of some who call themselves Trinitarians; that there are three beings who are God;

i.e. that the Father IS NOT the Son IS NOT the Holy Ghost.

I would declare that they are the same Spirit (John 4:24, Ephesians 4:4) and therefore, also, in a specific sense, the same Person.

While they are also three distinct Persons according to the beginning statements of this post.

Last edited:
When you say "there are three beings who are God", to whom or what are you referring by your phrase, "three beings"?
I say to you truly that this is the mormon concept of the Godhead; and that I, personally, do not say that "there are three beings who are God."

I googled "three Gods in mormonism"; and this came up:

Three distinct beings
The Church's first Article of Faith states, “We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.” We believe They are three distinct personages, not one singular being. We call Them the Godhead.

The beginning of gotquestions.org's answer to the question, Do mormons believe in the Trinity? says this:

Mormons say they believe in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. However, Mormon doctrine denies the Trinity, teaching that the Father, Son, and Spirit do not comprise one God.

Last edited:
According to you, Free and I are not Trinitarians, and believe that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit "are not distinct":
you appear to believe that they are not distinct
Whereas, you say Mormons believe that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit
are three distinct personages
So, you accuse us of believing something contrary to what you say the Mormons believe, yet you nevertheless keep saying we are Mormons!

Plus, you say that YOU believe what you say the Mormons believe:
Three distinct Persons; I will not dispute against that.
(But you don't say that YOU are a Mormon.)🤣

Last edited:
Since mockery is characteristic of Paul E. Michael's responses, I am not going to respond to him for the most part in this thread but am going to let the OP speak for itself.
Calling my posts "mockery" is not going to hide or whitewash the glaring fact that you cannot deal rationally with the questions/criticism I have levelled in them against your self-righteous, truth-despising, logic-despising, anti-Trinitarian ravings.

IOW:

Since failing to respond rationally to my criticism/questions of his anti-Trinitarian heresy is characteristic of justbyfaith's responses, he's just going keep doing it while letting his persecution complex speak for itself.

Last edited:
that you cannot deal rationally with the questions/criticism I have levelled in them against your self-righteous, truth-despising, logic-despising, anti-Trinitarian ravings.
Everything I am saying is rational; and my teaching is not anti-Trinitarian. It is anti-mormon.

It is also fully logical and according to the truth; and there is nothing self-righteous in it.

I could deal with your questions and criticisms very easily but the Bible tells me not to get involved in foolish discussions (Titus 3:9).

And your posts are intended to instigate me; but I am not taking the bait.

I will answer direct accusations like what you posted above; but I will not answer, for the most part, posts that are intended to mock and instigate.

Like when you say that I didn't answer you when I did in fact answer you.

All that will do is result in us going back and forth arguing over something that doesn't really matter: whether or not I answered one of your posts. You will say that I didn't; I will say that I did; you will say that I didn't; and on and on and on.

But it is obvious to me and everyone else that you are lying when you say that. So I don't even need to argue with you publicly over the issue. You aren't fooling anyone.

In the mormon statement of faith it says that the Godhead is three distinct beings...not a singular being.

God, in the Trinity, is one being in three distinct Persons.

Mormonism preaches three gods...

As does the diagram that I am contending against...

Which says that "the Father IS NOT the Son IS NOT the Holy Ghost".

I decided to answer all of your contentions because I had time on my hands and was bored...

Which does not mean that your posts were any less a foolish discussion.

When you say "there are three beings who are God", to whom or what are you referring by your phrase, "three beings"?
I think maybe I misunderstood your question, sorry.

By "three beings" in mormonism and in some circles that consider themselves to be Trinitarian,

I mean God as being three separate (rather than distinct) Persons.

The language of the mormon article of faith is deceptive. When they say that they believe that God is "three distinct beings", they mean that they believe that God is "three separate Persons."

Trinitarian, needs to be moved to another area, it is only made up for strife, why wont the forum be seen to have some rule against strife/debates.

Trinitarian, needs to be moved to another area, it is only made up for strife, why wont the forum be seen to have some rule against strife/debates.

There is no need for any strife to be exhibited in this thread.

All one needs to do is be obedient to the following.

1Co 1:10, Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

But of course if anyone has a disagreement, the verse posted above means that we ought to hash it out so that we can come to a place of mutual agreement on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back