Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Confessions of the Teenaged Driver

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
So we had this 1967GTX 440 loved that car... dont know the name of the transmission but you could use it like a 4 speed or automatic.. i was putting rubber on the road in the lower gears... having a blast... pulled up in front of my brothers house.. taking suitcases out and the kids when the cop went by .. my guess he was looking for a kid not a mom.. :missyou

I've found defensive driving is a learned skill, not only to avoid collisions with bad drivers, but also to avoid tickets. Being the fastest car on your stretch of the highway is not being a defensive driver. I may exceed the speed limit, but I'm always careful to ensure there's someone else around me raising a higher flag.

In Michigan, they've passed legislation to raise the speed limit from 70 to 75 in rural areas. This makes it all the more hard to believe we used to be held down to 55 everywhere. I feel like I'm crawling at that speed out on the highway. I'm cautious and patient on city and suburban streets, but I'm all about cruising at a safe steady high speed on the freeway. I just avoid being the fastest one out there. :yes

I had to take a special driving course when I worked for the phone company. They taught you to pay attention to everything. And they tested you on your awareness. You couldn't drive the company vehicle unless you took and passed the course. I still use the skills they taught me.

So we had this 1967GTX 440 loved that car... dont know the name of the transmission but you could use it like a 4 speed or automatic.. i was putting rubber on the road in the lower gears... having a blast... pulled up in front of my brothers house.. taking suitcases out and the kids when the cop went by .. my guess he was looking for a kid not a mom.. :missyou
That is still done.you can up shift or down shift .

I been driving for 20 years and never even put a dent in any of my vehicles or anyone elses. And I only have only ever had one speeding ticket. Not bad for 20 years driving near every day. Apart from one speeding ticket my driving history is pretty good.
My driving history is the same as yours, only one moving vehicle violation for speeding. That does not mean I was not guilty of doing stupid illegal stuff.

My driving history is the same as yours, only one moving vehicle violation for speeding. That does not mean I was not guilty of doing stupid illegal stuff.

I never been a stupid driver. I like to chill when driving.I dont even like to do the limit on the highway. It's 110 and I drive 100 in the slower lane. I do it everyday for work. I dont even overtake. If a truck is doing 80 in the slow lane I will just sit behind it when everyone else driven past doing 110.

Im never in a rush. If i get to work late my life is more important than getting to work on time. In fact over the last year and a half I have never once turned up to work on time. Surprised the boss has never said anything to me. Im always at least anywhere beteen 10 mins and one hour late for work everyday. Lol. But I'm reliable at least I turn up everyday not like half the other's.

Last edited:
I never been a stupid driver. I like to chill when driving.I dont even like to do the limit on the highway. It's 110 and I drive 100 in the slower lane. I do it everyday for work. I dont even overtake. If a truck is doing 80 in the slow lane I will just sit behind it when everyone else driven past doing 110.

Im never in a rush. If i get to work late my life is more important than getting to work on time. In fact over the last year and a half I have never once turned up to work on time. Surprised the boss has never said anything to me. Im always at least anywhere beteen 10 mins and one hour late for work everyday. Lol. But I'm reliable at least I turn up everyday not like half the other's.
Kilometers lol,110 is about 65mph. Don't drive on our interstates as going that slow will get you killed.

Driving too slow can be hazardous, too. At least, in the U.S. it can be. Go with the flow. Usually a good decision.

Thats why its 4 lanes. Slower vehicles use the slower lanes. I do go with the flow, I just follow in the slower lanes and do 80 if following the slower vehicles like trucks rather overtaking, if no slow I do 100 not 110 speed limit.

Thats why its 4 lanes. Slower vehicles use the slower lanes. I do go with the flow, I just follow in the slower lanes and do 80 if following the slower vehicles like trucks rather overtaking, if no slow I do 100 not 110 speed limit.
110 is still slow ,our speed limit in the slow lane is faster then that.about 120.

I had to take a special driving course when I worked for the phone company. They taught you to pay attention to everything. And they tested you on your awareness. You couldn't drive the company vehicle unless you took and passed the course. I still use the skills they taught me.

When my youngest offspring became a law enforcement officer, there wasn't any special training for driving the SUVs. However, in order to be able to ride a bicycle on patrol (during warm weather, that's encouraged), special classes had to be attended, with a certification of satisfactory course completion had to be received & turned in to the chief. Go figure!

Driving too slow can be hazardous, too. At least, in the U.S. it can be. Go with the flow. Usually a good decision.

There are some metro areas where a slow (speed limit) driver will be pulled over & ticketed for being a 'traffic hazard'.

Going with the flow is the way to go.

Back