Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Cooking In The End Times...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Edward

2024 Supporter
That other thread made me think some about what is good to eat or not. That issue aside a good point was raised about processed food.

When the economy collapses and the mark of the beast is being issued, you can say goodbye to your favorite frozen pizzas! Everyone will have to eat plain food again.

How about when the grid goes down? How will you cook dinner for yourself or family? Can you cook over an open fire? Don't try it. Cooking is done over coals. We always made a keyhole campfire when we went camping in the Rocky Mountains, the big part for the fire and the small part is to scrape coals into so you can cook!

All you really need is an assortment of camp cooking utensils and implements. I have a decent collection of cast iron cookery including a dutch oven, mainly for baking bread. I like bread. I havent actually successfully baked a loaf yet (Lol) but I hav been trying. y wife could bake perfect bread and made it look easy. The videos on youtube make it look easy too. I'll figure it out eventually.

So Members, what are your preperations for off grid cooking?

First learn what you can eat as far as vegetation from the forest whether it is healthy or poisonous as you can eat it raw or cooked and know how to kill, skin and gut an animal to roast over an open pit fire. Learn how to purify water for consuming and cooking. There are many survival books out there that will teach you how to live off the grid and even produce your own electricity. By the time the mark of the beast comes there will be very little resources out there and those who are not prepared will have a very difficult time surviving. I know God will take care of His own providing for them, but it's always a good thing to learn how to survive on your own.

First learn what you can eat as far as vegetation from the forest whether it is healthy or poisonous as you can eat it raw or cooked and know how to kill, skin and gut an animal to roast over an open pit fire. Learn how to purify water for consuming and cooking. There are many survival books out there that will teach you how to live off the grid and even produce your own electricity. By the time the mark of the beast comes there will be very little resources out there and those who are not prepared will have a very difficult time surviving. I know God will take care of His own providing for them, but it's always a good thing to learn how to survive on your own.

Yeah, but do you know how to cook Manna?!

I bet it's like mashed postato flakes! easy.

I have a charcoal grill because it can run on sticks too. I also have a Coleman camp stove from the 70's (!!) that I converted to LP gas. Plus a regular grill.

I have a charcoal grill because it can run on sticks too. I also have a Coleman camp stove from the 70's (!!) that I converted to LP gas. Plus a regular grill.
And how long before those things expire and you can not go buy anymore. During those 3 1/2 years of the reign of this beast there are not going to be any stores where we can go buy perishable food items or gas/propane for grills. It's like the Israelites who wondered in the desert for 40 years and ran out of food they brought with them and complained they were going to die in the desert. One needs to learn how to ruffly live of the land with bare essentials to survive as God gave them manna and quails, but they had to know how to skin and gut the quails in preparation to cook them. It's not as easy as you think as we consider all that it takes to live off the grid, especially after the first six trumpets have sounded, but I don't want to get into that as it would probably derail this thread.

Can I go to John 4:32 without being off OP?

Mississippi redneck
eddif

That other thread made me think some about what is good to eat or not. That issue aside a good point was raised about processed food.

When the economy collapses and the mark of the beast is being issued, you can say goodbye to your favorite frozen pizzas! Everyone will have to eat plain food again.

How about when the grid goes down? How will you cook dinner for yourself or family? Can you cook over an open fire? Don't try it. Cooking is done over coals. We always made a keyhole campfire when we went camping in the Rocky Mountains, the big part for the fire and the small part is to scrape coals into so you can cook!

All you really need is an assortment of camp cooking utensils and implements. I have a decent collection of cast iron cookery including a dutch oven, mainly for baking bread. I like bread. I havent actually successfully baked a loaf yet (Lol) but I hav been trying. y wife could bake perfect bread and made it look easy. The videos on youtube make it look easy too. I'll figure it out eventually.

So Members, what are your preperations for off grid cooking?

If I have to hunt, I may be in trouble. I'd feel too sorry for Bambi.

And this is about as much fishing as I do right here:

List of canned tuna brands.jpg

I think the birds may have to fly it in, or maybe I can go full-on "hakuna matata" and just eat grubs.

And how long before those things expire and you can not go buy anymore. During those 3 1/2 years of the reign of this beast there are not going to be any stores where we can go buy perishable food items or gas/propane for grills. It's like the Israelites who wondered in the desert for 40 years and ran out of food they brought with them and complained they were going to die in the desert. One needs to learn how to ruffly live of the land with bare essentials to survive as God gave them manna and quails, but they had to know how to skin and gut the quails in preparation to cook them. It's not as easy as you think as we consider all that it takes to live off the grid, especially after the first six trumpets have sounded, but I don't want to get into that as it would probably derail this thread.
I don't think we'll be alive during that time. We will be killed when forced to take the mark, or starve to death avoiding it. I think you can expect to be martyred during this time.

Copy cat!

Ha! I've had mine since 1974? 75? Something like that. So you copied me, lol. Did you get the adaptor fitting so tou can refill the 16 oz cans from the grill tank? I did.

I hope I don't have to eat locusts. Now if he drowned them in honey then I can see that. You pour honey all over anything and it's good, lol.

I don't think we'll be alive during that time. We will be killed when forced to take the mark, or starve to death avoiding it. I think you can expect to be martyred during this time.
Really do not want to get into that as this is not what the OP is about and don't want to derail it. But if you would like to start a thread on that feel free to tag me.

Back