Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] Creationist vs evolutionist, whos the fool?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
These are highschool texts in general biology. To get the information you are looking for, you should probably look in undergrad and grad level texts focused on evolution and population genetics. And, they have found the fossils you are saying you've never seen. Check them out at talkorigins...

keebs said:
These are highschool texts in general biology. To get the information you are looking for, you should probably look in undergrad and grad level texts focused on evolution and population genetics. And, they have found the fossils you are saying you've never seen. Check them out at talkorigins...

:oops: DO YOU NEVER LEARN!!! rmills Just gave you facts,and you
still refuse to listen!!!!!
I am not going to be soft shoe with you people. "blueeyeliner don't play
that!" A soul is a terrible thing to waste,and yours is not going down
without a fight first ,amen. You are going to admit what your agenda is,or
confess that you know evolution is total falsehood. If not,you walk away
showing that you are not interested in the truth at all.

8-) Be forewarned all who are interested,o.k?
Talkorigins is one of the number one websites to atheists slash
evolutionists and you'll see that site come up millions of times to
say the least. They adore that place with a passion. I've been on
many atheist/evolutionist websites and forums,and you can be sure
you'll see them run back to that site in many of their debate styles.

:biggrin rmills,you did an excellent job,amen.
To reach these individuals with the truth is worse than pulling
teeth,and you'd have to literally become a teacher,and even when
you do that,they still refuse to listen,yet that doesn't mean you have
to let the devil take their souls so easily.
You did an excellent job here,and it's a great honor to know you are
not letting them get to you. The future of America and the children
depends on the truth. Do everything to the Glory of God!

blueeyeliner said:
8-) Be forewarned all who are interested,o.k?
Talkorigins is one of the number one websites to atheists slash
evolutionists and you'll see that site come up millions of times to
say the least. They adore that place with a passion. I've been on
many atheist/evolutionist websites and forums,and you can be sure
you'll see them run back to that site in many of their debate styles.

Actually, I am quite familiar with Talkorigins, it’s where I sharpen myself regularly. There are worse forums when it comes to E/TE/C debates, folks at Talkorigins on the Atheistic and Theistic Evolution side of the fence are relatively soft by comparison. Most arguments there are intellectual muscle flexing competitions with no viable grounds to speak of.

keebs said:

It is rather unfortunate that you missed my point. The above arguments states quite clearly that the foundation for teaching evolution starts corrupt, (in High School Biology text books no less), and as is the case in all fields of study, ends corrupt. The antiquated arguments that Macro Evolution presents biologically, geologically, astronomically, and socially are based on a foundation of jello. But if you must go the route of intellectual superiority through text books that are the same as High School propaganda but unabridged, then that route we must go.

blueeyeliner said:
:biggrin rmills,you did an excellent job,amen.
To reach these individuals with the truth is worse than pulling
teeth,and you'd have to literally become a teacher,and even when
you do that,they still refuse to listen,yet that doesn't mean you have
to let the devil take their souls so easily.
You did an excellent job here,and it's a great honor to know you are
not letting them get to you. The future of America and the children
depends on the truth. Do everything to the Glory of God!

Despite the appearance of things, I love these debates! What I hate is the fact that cubedbee is correct in saying that every biology text book he has seen teaches evolution. This would be IMHO like being forced into buying a 13†B&W TV for the same price as a 42†wide screen color plasma TV.

So I am sorry cubedbee if I jumped on a little strong, but “biology textbooks†is a phrase that sends lightning bolts up my spine.

Your first and last posts dealt with nothing except for the problems with high school level biology texts. Your second post dealt with problems with things such as genetic engineering of fruit flys. You did not understand what John Easton wrote, as he was not talking about using genetic engineering and calling it evolution, but he was talking about using genetic engineering to discover evolutionary thresholds.

keebs said:
Really? You've called us atheists fools quite a few times...

8-) WRONG AGAIN! I told you what God's word says about those
who deny the existence of God. God's word,not Blueeyeliner's word.
Understand? God wrote the book,I believe what it says. I didn't call
anyone a fool,the holy word does to those who denie God.

keebs said:
Your first and last posts dealt with nothing except for the problems with high school level biology texts. Your second post dealt with problems with things such as genetic engineering of fruit flys. You did not understand what John Easton wrote, as he was not talking about using genetic engineering and calling it evolution, but he was talking about using genetic engineering to discover evolutionary thresholds.

"...dealt with nothing..." and so on.

John Easton has proven nothing but the fact that he can trace a Picaso, but he added a revolutionary twist to prove his primary field of study! His paper starts with the title...

"Changing one gene launches new fly species".

This is followed by...

In what has been described as the "perfect experiment," evolutionary biologists at the University of Chicago replaced a single gene in fruit flies and discovered a mechanism by which two different "races" begin to become different species, with one group adapted to life...

So I quite obviously have no idea what he is trying to prove. :roll: But the fact still stands that the Drosophila melanogaster is a dead horse that has been beaten for way way way too long. The problem I have with Mr. Fly is that he still manages to make every text book I have ever seen, Mr. Fly still manages to be the center peice argument for piles of redundant evolutionary scientists, and Mr. Fly is still the great hope for Macro Evolution proof.

Funny, but true, Mr. Fly is still Mr. Fly.

I guess I just had to add that. :lol: ;-)

rmills said:
Funny, but true, Mr. Fly is still Mr. Fly.

I guess I just had to add that. :lol: ;-)
shifting_goalposts.jpg

SyntaxVorlon said:

Wow! Have I attracted the attention of what I admire as the best (minus the diplomacy skills) evolutionary on the site?

:biggrin :smt041 Horray!

rmills said:
SyntaxVorlon said:

Wow! Have I attracted the attention of what I admire as the best (minus the diplomacy skills) evolutionary on the site?

:biggrin :smt041 Horray!
I'm flattered I assure you, but flattery does nothing to secure your argument. You are saying that you can't call evolution evolution, because you say so.

SyntaxVorlon said:
I'm flattered I assure you, but flattery does nothing to secure your argument. You are saying that you can't call evolution evolution, because you say so.

Ok. Back to high school. There are quite a few different sized and shaped dogs, quite a few different sized and shaped cats, quite a few sized and shaped fish, quite a few sized and shaped monkeys, quite a few sized and shaped horses, quite a few sized and shaped cows, ...

This is where you say Micro Evolution + Micro Evolution + Micro Evolution + Micro Evolution = Macro Evolution.

Then what?

rmills said:
SyntaxVorlon said:

Ok. Back to high school. There are quite a few different sized and shaped dogs, quite a few different sized and shaped cats, quite a few sized and shaped fish, quite a few sized and shaped monkeys, quite a few sized and shaped horses, quite a few sized and shaped cows, ...

This is where you say Micro Evolution + Micro Evolution + Micro Evolution + Micro Evolution = Macro Evolution.

Then what?
Speciation, geniation(probably not the right word), and further differentiation taxonomy wise. Oh please, come at me with a sorites argument, I dare you.
Go on, google it first.

SyntaxVorlon said:
Speciation, geniation(probably not the right word), and further differentiation taxonomy wise. Oh please, come at me with a sorites argument, I dare you.
Go on, google it first.

I'm sorry, did I miss something? When did Micro Evolution become invalid? Speciation does not prove Macro Evolution. Speciation proves Speciation. Let there be no mistake, I cannot deny environmental adaptation, as Mr. Fly tends proves this! But Mr. Fly never presented an increase in complexity, Mr. Fly never presented more than an astounding ability to prove common sense, Mr. Fly never spontaneously grew a sonar system, Mr. Fly never even became Mr. Bat even after our Eureka awe inspiring genetic manipulations on Mr. Fly time and time again. Mendel’s laws have only been refined, showing common sense time and time again; breeding shuffles genes, theoretical bounded variations still holds more water than Macro Evolution. Last I checked, a long haired cat mates with a short haired cat and creates a variety of hair length kittens. Last I checked, aliens had not landed yet so again…

What next?

rmills said:
SyntaxVorlon said:
Go on, google it first.

I'm sorry, did I miss something? When did Micro Evolution become invalid? Speciation does not prove Macro Evolution. Speciation proves Speciation. Let there be no mistake, I cannot deny environmental adaptation, as Mr. Fly tends proves this! But Mr. Fly never presented an increase in complexity, Mr. Fly never presented more than an astounding ability to prove common sense, Mr. Fly never spontaneously grew a sonar system, Mr. Fly never even became Mr. Bat even after our Eureka awe inspiring genetic manipulations on Mr. Fly time and time again. Mendel’s laws have only been refined, showing common sense time and time again; breeding shuffles genes, theoretical bounded variations still holds more water than Macro Evolution. Last I checked, a long haired cat mates with a short haired cat and creates a variety of hair length kittens. Last I checked, aliens had not landed yet so again…

What next?

:wink: rmills,great argument! I hand the Baton to you and place it in
your very capable hands. You can handle it from here on out. Nice Job.
Take care of all my babies for me o.k?
May God bless you mightily,in Jesus's great name,amen.
blueeyeliner

rmills said:
SyntaxVorlon said:
Go on, google it first.

I'm sorry, did I miss something? When did Micro Evolution become invalid? Speciation does not prove Macro Evolution. Speciation proves Speciation.

Speciation is macro-evolution. Macro-evolution is change at the species level or above.

Let there be no mistake, I cannot deny environmental adaptation, as Mr. Fly tends proves this! But Mr. Fly never presented an increase in complexity, Mr. Fly never presented more than an astounding ability to prove common sense, Mr. Fly never spontaneously grew a sonar system, Mr. Fly never even became Mr. Bat even after our Eureka awe inspiring genetic manipulations on Mr. Fly time and time again. Mendel’s laws have only been refined, showing common sense time and time again; breeding shuffles genes, theoretical bounded variations still holds more water than Macro Evolution. Last I checked, a long haired cat mates with a short haired cat and creates a variety of hair length kittens. Last I checked, aliens had not landed yet so again…

Aaaaaaaand this, boys and girls, is what is known as a straw man. Can you say straw man??

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back