Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Critical Race Theory and Generational Sin

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

ezrider

Ah, those good old woke Californians, so they want to ban the Bible do they. Have they managed to put forth any legislation for this? Have they voted on it?

Hey, but let's hear for those woke Floridians, they just don't fantasize about banning books, why they can create a need out of thin air, pass the legislation in lightning speed, and then proceed with their agenda by actually removing the books. Does that make Floridians more woke than Californians?

The war on Christianity has been being waged since day one and it is only getting worse by the day. You do see that don't you ?

The war on Christians? What war? How is it getting worse?

See? What do you see? If you could see it, could you tell us what the Judgement of God should look like?

In the law it is written that you shall not make to yourself graven images. So when a picture of Jesus whom you call God is removed, who's hand is at work? Is it the hand of the Lord removing the graven images? Or some enemy waging war on Christians? Shall you defend the graven image?

It is also written in the law that he would visit the sins of the fathers upon the sons, even unto the third and fourth generations. So to the fourth generation now in the land, how do you suppose the Lord might visit upon you the sins of your fathers. For our fathers sins of slavery, and the generation of racism that followed, how might the Lord visit those sins upon this generation?

What is Critical Race Theory? An advanced college curriculum that studied the effects of systematic racism. But then it got hijacked for a political wedge issue making everyone aware of CRT. For some, the topic of CRT softened their hearts, reacting with compassion and empathy towards their neighbor; But for others the topic of CRT hardened their hearts, even to the point of actually banning books. Of the two, which is the wheat, and which be the tare?

If the judgements of God can be taken as a war on Christians, then who is it these Christians are at war with?

Ah, those good old woke Californians, so they want to ban the Bible do they. Have they managed to put forth any legislation for this? Have they voted on it?

Hey, but let's hear for those woke Floridians, they just don't fantasize about banning books, why they can create a need out of thin air, pass the legislation in lightning speed, and then proceed with their agenda by actually removing the books. Does that make Floridians more woke than Californians?
I see that Mark Dice touched a nerve , good we can work from there :) .
The war on Christians? What war? How is it getting worse?
I remember this " No services in your church building". For our "safety " we were told in the USA even . But what about the world as a whole ?

Open your eyes .
See? What do you see? If you could see it, could you tell us what the Judgement of God should look like?
Mark 8:18 Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not? and do ye not remember?
In the law it is written that you shall not make to yourself graven images. So when a picture of Jesus whom you call God is removed, who's hand is at work? Is it the hand of the Lord removing the graven images? Or some enemy waging war on Christians? Shall you defend the graven image?
When I worship God I look to the heavens of his creation . I think of his handiwork just for us , what an awesome God we serve .

If you like you could pray the prayer I did , it turned my world upside down and inside out but God was with me !

I prayed , " Lord I repent of the things I am doing wrong in my life , please give me something to do for the Kingdom of God ."

I was living a life on the sidelines , safe from conflict . But after I said the prayer things changed .

I found the war was all around me in places I did not suspect . You do know who the enemy is ? After I fought on the battlefield I was paid a visit and I believe my death was what was wanted but God was there to protect me . The helmet of salvation is what protected me .

Are you calling a bible a graven image ?

I see that Mark Dice touched a nerve , good we can work from there :) .

I did not watch the video, therefore he has touched no nerve.

I remember this " No services in your church building". For our "safety " we were told in the USA even . But what about the world as a whole ?

Open your eyes .

Again, I ask, do you have any concept of what the judgements of God might look like? Maybe you should re-read my post.

When I worship God I look to the heavens of his creation . I think of his handiwork just for us , what an awesome God we serve .

If you like you could pray the prayer I did , it turned my world upside down and inside out but God was with me !

I prayed , " Lord I repent of the things I am doing wrong in my life , please give me something to do for the Kingdom of God ."

Wow, If you think you feel the need to try and evangelize me, then you sorely missed the point of my post. Maybe you should re-read my post. Do you have any concept of what the judgement of God might look like?

Do you know about the sign of Jonah?

Are you calling a bible a graven image ?

No. I called the pictures of Jesus whom you call God a graven image. The bible on the other hand, many make an idol out of it. I see that must have touched a nerve. Good, we can work from there. 😉

I did not watch the video, therefore he has touched no nerve.
:hips
Again, I ask, do you have any concept of what the judgements of God might look like? Maybe you should re-read my post.
Well ok I will re-read your post after you re-watch the Mark Dice video , OH wait a minute you did not watch it the first time yet ! I asked one question with the video , can you answer that after you watch his video ?
Wow, If you think you feel the need to try and evangelize me, then you sorely missed the point of my post. Maybe you should re-read my post. Do you have any concept of what the judgement of God might look like?

Do you know about the sign of Jonah?
I think it all started when you missed the point of my post which was your opinion of Mark Dice and his video . That you DID NOT watch yet .
No. I called the pictures of Jesus whom you call God a graven image. The bible on the other hand, many make an idol out of it. I see that must have touched a nerve. Good, we can work from there. 😉
I can not fathom why you think what I put in bold above .

Is a lot of what you wrote have to do with Mark Dice shooting his video in California and you take that as a slight against Californians ? Did the "woke" word trigger you ?

Well ok I will re-read your post after you re-watch the Mark Dice video , OH wait a minute you did not watch it the first time yet ! I asked one question with the video , can you answer that after you watch his video ?

Am I a fan of Mark Dice. No. Who is Mark Dice? Is he a pastor? Does he have a ministry? Is he a comedian? A politician? After watching the video, that is 8 minutes I'll never get back. But it was quite revealing at the end when he started hocking Let's go Brandon T-shits: what a class act!

So to answer you question, after watching the video, am I a fan remains a firm NO.

Now let's see where you get when re-reading my post.

I think it all started when you missed the point of my post which was your opinion of Mark Dice and his video . That you DID NOT watch yet .

Now that I have watched the video, like Milk-Drops said, it was no different than when Jay Leno or now Jimmy Kimmel go out in the street and do skits asking people questions and such; Only this wasn't very funny.

Woke? What was woke about the video? It's not like we saw students at one of the California universities demanding the bible be banned from Amazon. No, it was your hero trying to play someone as being woke, and did a real poor job at it in the process.

I can not fathom why you think what I put in bold above .

Why, do you not understand what a graven image is?

Is a lot of what you wrote have to do with Mark Dice shooting his video in California and you take that as a slight against Californians ? Did the "woke" word trigger you ?

Nothing of what I wrote had anything to do with Mark Dice or where he shot the video. Now that I have watched the video, I realized that I was duped by the title of the OP, and responded to that, although that does not diminish the context of my response, but instead enhances it. There is no threat to ban the bible for hate speech other than his own hyperbole that you were more than happy to share with everyone here. But those woke Floridians, along with those woke Texans have already passed and signed laws empowering themselves to ban books, in Florida, they have even banned math books; and that is no exaggeration.

Now that I have watched the video and have given you my opinion on it, I look forward to you answering the questions that I posed in my post as you re-read them.

And God spake all these words, saying, I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Am I a fan of Mark Dice. No. Who is Mark Dice? Is he a pastor? Does he have a ministry? Is he a comedian? A politician? After watching the video, that is 8 minutes I'll never get back. But it was quite revealing at the end when he started hocking Let's go Brandon T-shits: what a class act!
I take it you did not like Monty Python either ? What size t-shirt did you order ? You have to ask Mark if it is a ministry .
So to answer you question, after watching the video, am I a fan remains a firm NO
This was a fact finding post I made and the fact is you and others do not like Mark Dice so I will probably not post anymore of his videos .
Why, do you not understand what a graven image is?
Yes I do understand . But where does it apply to this post ? When I said I am a fan of Mark Dice did you take that to mean I worship him or even want others to worship him ? Humor for some is waste of time for others , I am sorry I wasted your time ezrider .
Now that I have watched the video and have given you my opinion on it, I look forward to you answering the questions that I posed in my post as you re-read them.

And God spake all these words, saying, I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
If I built a church house to worship God in I would not even have a cross on the building or in the building , I take the graven image thing serious .

I still can't figure this out ezrider . What on earth are you talking about ?

What pictures of Jesus have I called God ?:?
Yes I do understand . But where does it apply to this post ?

It was in reference to the supposed war on Christians. Removing pictures of Jesus, prayer in school, crosses and other religious symbols, etc.... Many take the removing of these things as some sort of a war against Christians. If the Lord goes about removing that idolatry, then who are you at war with.

The children of Israel were made to wander in the wildness for 40 years. You were only asked to sit home for a season, with no public gatherings. A war on Christians? It seemed to have the effects of hardening the hearts of some. Maybe the time would have been better spent meditating on what is written in the book of Revelation when the Lord said come out of her my people.

Is CRT another war against Christians? Would you care to answer what I asked in my post? How do you think the Lord might visit the sins of the fathers upon the third and fourth generation. How do you think the sins of the fathers might be visited upon this generation?

It was in reference to the supposed war on Christians. Removing pictures of Jesus, prayer in school, crosses and other religious symbols, etc.... Many take the removing of these things as some sort of a war against Christians. If the Lord goes about removing that idolatry, then who are you at war with.
OH ! I understand finally what you are saying . But are you saying prayer in school is idolatry ? Of course no one can stop you from praying unless they kill you .
The children of Israel were made to wander in the wildness for 40 years. You were only asked to sit home for a season, with no public gatherings. A war on Christians? It seemed to have the effects of hardening the hearts of some. Maybe the time would have been better spent meditating on what is written in the book of Revelation when the Lord said come out of her my people.
When I talk about a war on Christians I am talking about the big picture . Satan is the supreme commander in this war on Christians and he is pulling strings of the leaders we have now and in the past .
Is CRT another war against Christians? Would you care to answer what I asked in my post? How do you think the Lord might visit the sins of the fathers upon the third and fourth generation. How do you think the sins of the fathers might be visited upon this generation?
I don't see CRT as a way forward in race relations .

You do understand that the "generational curse " you are speaking about is Old Testament doctrine .

UNDERSTANDING THE “GENERATIONAL CURSE” OF EXODUS 34:7

ezrider Aren't you glad we are born again :clap !

You do understand that the "generational curse " you are speaking about is Old Testament doctrine .

Hi Hawkman,
I know we’re straying from your original topic, and I can split this thread into a new topic if you want me to.
That being said, and as my site reflects, I value the thoughts and ideals from Focus on the Family. In no way do so wish to belittle or undermine them.

The article was written in a very simplistic manner geared to help those who are struggling now. Yes, we are set free from the generational curse through Christ, and I am a living testimony to this.

However, those who are not in Christ remain within those generational curses. Addiction is an effect of said generational curses, which is why Focus on the Family is reaching out to that group within the article. Simply put, saying the sinners prayer and being baptized does not break every generational curse. We have to understand our broken parts and allow God to transform our lives. And sometimes this takes time.

I actually saw something in ezrider post in regard to slavery. My wife has legacy in the southern church for over a century and her great grandfather owned slaves. She does ancestry and dna work and guess what? She found a dna relative that is black from her great grandfathers line. Did I mention he was a prominent figure in the church? What is hidden will be revealed.

Sin, especially systemic sin has a ripple effect that can continue to ripple through the generations. This is why doctrine is so important. If Christians support the oppression of other ethnic groups for their personal and financial gain, that sin will, and has rippled through the generations and it has left a scar. Again, what is hidden will be revealed.

The question is always this, and I think it’s the point ezrider is trying to make. When that generational sin is revealed, either through critical race theory or Black Lives Matter, how do we deal with it? And I need to say this just to clear things up. We don’t have to agree with the cause of others, but when we see pain and hurt coming from a community, we should at least try and understand their pain and meet them where they are at. If we can do that, then the bonds of generational sin from both sides of the fence can begin to be lifted as healing takes place…. By His stripes we are healed.

Amen

Hi Hawkman,
I know we’re straying from your original topic, and I can split this thread into a new topic if you want me to.
That being said, and as my site reflects, I value the thoughts and ideals from Focus on the Family. In no way do so wish to belittle or undermine them.

The article was written in a very simplistic manner geared to help those who are struggling now. Yes, we are set free from the generational curse through Christ, and I am a living testimony to this.

However, those who are not in Christ remain within those generational curses. Addiction is an effect of said generational curses, which is why Focus on the Family is reaching out to that group within the article. Simply put, saying the sinners prayer and being baptized does not break every generational curse. We have to understand our broken parts and allow God to transform our lives. And sometimes this takes time.

I actually saw something in ezrider post in regard to slavery. My wife has legacy in the southern church for over a century and her great grandfather owned slaves. She does ancestry and dna work and guess what? She found a dna relative that is black from her great grandfathers line. Did I mention he was a prominent figure in the church? What is hidden will be revealed.

Sin, especially systemic sin has a ripple effect that can continue to ripple through the generations. This is why doctrine is so important. If Christians support the oppression of other ethnic groups for their personal and financial gain, that sin will, and has rippled through the generations and it has left a scar. Again, what is hidden will be revealed.

The question is always this, and I think it’s the point ezrider is trying to make. When that generational sin is revealed, either through critical race theory or Black Lives Matter, how do we deal with it? And I need to say this just to clear things up. We don’t have to agree with the cause of others, but when we see pain and hurt coming from a community, we should at least try and understand their pain and meet them where they are at. If we can do that, then the bonds of generational sin from both sides of the fence can begin to be lifted as healing takes place…. By His stripes we are healed.

Amen
Jeff ,the schools simply in former segregated areas have them meet those that were in that .

I have .I will have to post the photos and sayings of old teachers I had when I went to the old Gifford black high school memorial dedication .

I explore this often .it's that easy to find .yet now I can't say if they even mention that the Gifford middle school was the old Gifford high before integration.it was told to me

Jeff ,the schools simply in former segregated areas have them meet those that were in that .

I have .I will have to post the photos and sayings of old teachers I had when I went to the old Gifford black high school memorial dedication .

I explore this often .it's that easy to find .yet now I can't say if they even mention that the Gifford middle school was the old Gifford high before integration.it was told to me
So are you saying they ( not sure who they are) are are having them(gad I hate pronouns sometimes) meet those ( is this they or them) that’s were that (who’s on first base).

Can you try that again, but without so many pronouns?

So are you saying they ( not sure who they are) are are having them(gad I hate pronouns sometimes) meet those ( is this they or them) that’s were that (who’s on first base).

Can you try that again, but without so many pronouns?
Lol. Jeff there are old people who were born near the schools I mentioned and will gladly talk about their lives.its how I found out about a park I seemed to sense a story about .it was where the old schools for blacks were in Gifford .

A dear man mentioned it to me .I ran into people who have license tags that say Gifford Tigger and I know they went to that school.i have talked to them about it.

I easily learned about wabasso's Douglass fir elementary from hunting Gifford history as that too was the case and much more .

OH ! I understand finally what you are saying . But are you saying prayer in school is idolatry ? Of course no one can stop you from praying unless they kill you .

When it comes to prayer in school, I keep in mind the words of Jesus about those who pray in public to be seen of men.

Matthew 6:5
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

I don't see CRT as a way forward in race relations .

I think stovebolts answered this quite nicely in his post.

As part of the New Covenant, the promise was he would take away the stony heart and give you a heart of flesh that he might write his laws into your heart. With CRT and Black Lives Matters, if our hearts are moved to understand with grace and mercy, then we allow the law to be written on out hearts. But if our reaction is otherwise, such that we pass laws to forbid it, and then proceed to ban books that mention it, then surely our hearts have been hardened. As Jesus said in the parables, the word that falls on the stoney heart does not take root. By their fruits you shall know them.

Lol. Jeff there are old people who were born near the schools I mentioned and will gladly talk about their lives.its how I found out about a park I seemed to sense a story about .it was where the old schools for blacks were in Gifford .

A dear man mentioned it to me .I ran into people who have license tags that say Gifford Tigger and I know they went to that school.i have talked to them about it.

I easily learned about wabasso's Douglass fir elementary from hunting Gifford history as that too was the case and much more .
That’s pretty cool. I hope it drives a lot of healthy conversation.

When it comes to prayer in school, I keep in mind the words of Jesus about those who pray in public to be seen of men.

Matthew 6:5
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Of course ! We are on the same page about prayer in school . When I talk about prayer in school it is of the silent variety :) . Maybe even before that critical test :study .
I think @stovebolts answered this quite nicely in his post.

As part of the New Covenant, the promise was he would take away the stony heart and give you a heart of flesh that he might write his laws into your heart. With CRT and Black Lives Matters, if our hearts are moved to understand with grace and mercy, then we allow the law to be written on out hearts. But if our reaction is otherwise, such that we pass laws to forbid it, and then proceed to ban books that mention it, then surely our hearts have been hardened. As Jesus said in the parables, the word that falls on the stoney heart does not take root. By their fruits you shall know them.
Yes he did .

ezrider would you like to start a thread on CRT since you are the on that brought it up ?
I am open to learn :) .

Hi Hawkman,
The talk of CRT was brought up by ezrider and If that would be a new topic of discussion that is alright by me .
It does hit the highlights well .
The change has to take place in the mind and the heart .
I actually saw something in @ezrider post in regard to slavery. My wife has legacy in the southern church for over a century and her great grandfather owned slaves. She does ancestry and dna work and guess what? She found a dna relative that is black from her great grandfathers line. Did I mention he was a prominent figure in the church? What is hidden will be revealed.
Hidden . My great great grandfather was fighting for the south during the civil war and sent word to my great great grandmother . He told her to hide their bull calf in a cave so the Yankee's would not find it . When my G-G grandfather returned home from the war that calf was what they started back farming with .
The question is always this, and I think it’s the point @ezrider is trying to make. When that generational sin is revealed, either through critical race theory or Black Lives Matter, how do we deal with it?
Maybe ezrider would like to be the one to lead a discussion about CRT ? I am open to increase my knowledge :study .

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back