Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Critical Race Theory and Generational Sin

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I need to do my historical hunt on Gifford .I found things using the county tax page , references to the school .let me see if I can. Find the plat mat for Mr. Geoffrey.it references the school and mentions the fec,dated to 1901 irc.

Within line of sight of the school ,and was once on Geoffrey's homestead .lies this house .Jackson,Hudson family house.geoffrey gave much of his homestead away. There are a few homestead families .
Brown ,Jackson ,Geoffrey ,jt.gray,and espy.the last I researched and located it in a ww2 photo using the Jackson house .he lost his homestead as did Jackson to the navy to a degree

When I talk about a war on Christians I am talking about the big picture . Satan is the supreme commander in this war on Christians and he is pulling strings of the leaders we have now and in the past .

No, no and again NO! Satan is not the supreme commander. I find this kind of comment troubling, because it insinuates that Christ has not been given all authority, and in a sense, it is a denial of Christ.

When a believer empowers Satan as the supreme commander, then their faith is no longer entrusted in Christ, as they have given his authority to Satan. The results of this is for the believer to see God's judgement as something evil and from the enemy in their eyes.

Maybe @ezrider would like to be the one to lead a discussion about CRT ? I am open to increase my knowledge :study .

This was not meant to be a political debate about CRT. What I am asking is that we as Christians begin looking at these things from a different perspective, which is why I have asked repeatedly: What do you suppose the judgement of God might look like? This is something that you and others ought to consider. What is God's role in it?

As I wrote before, in the law it is written that the Lord would visit the sins of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generations. How do you think the Lord might visit the sins of the fathers upon this generation?

The original sin of this country, of our father's, was slavery. It has left a legacy of racism throughout the history of our country. The election to the presidency of a black man seemingly lit a fuse of latent hatred that was soon exploited and magnified.

So with the current political, secular and religious debates that surround topics such as CRT, the 1619 project, Black Lives Matters, etc... I would like to hear your thought on how the Lord might visit the sins of the fathers upon the children? In Georgia, a Father and his son sit in prison for murdering an unarmed black jogger. In state legislatures, republicans are passing laws trying to ban CRT and the 1619 project. Why? I think they have made it known, they do not wish to hear about the sins of the fathers. They consider it to be evil. But as Christians and followers of Christ, we must consider how the Lord might visit this evil upon this generation.

The children of Israel were made to serve in bondage 430 years in the land of Egypt before they were delivered from their hand by the Lord. I'm sure from the perspective of the Egyptians, they considered the plagues that befell them as something evil too.

Satan is the supreme commander in this war on Christians and he is pulling strings of the leaders we have now and in the past .
Please notice what I said " in the war on Christians " .
No, no and again NO! Satan is not the supreme commander. I find this kind of comment troubling, because it insinuates that Christ has not been given all authority, and in a sense, it is a denial of Christ.
Read my message above .
When a believer empowers Satan as the supreme commander, then their faith is no longer entrusted in Christ, as they have given his authority to Satan. The results of this is for the believer to see God's judgement as something evil and from the enemy in their eyes.
If you decide to join in the battle and not stand on the sidelines . It is not judgement from God coming for you it is Satan or his cohorts that will pay you a visit . Don't get me wrong God has a hedge around you but this does not stop Satan or his cohorts from trying to put the fear in you . It can get very interesting ,I know .
This was not meant to be a political debate about CRT. What I am asking is that we as Christians begin looking at these things from a different perspective, which is why I have asked repeatedly: What do you suppose the judgement of God might look like? This is something that you and others ought to consider. What is God's role in it?
The reason I have not answered you is I have no idea .
As I wrote before, in the law it is written that the Lord would visit the sins of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generations. How do you think the Lord might visit the sins of the fathers upon this generation?
It is all going to depend , have they repented of their sins ?
The original sin of this country, of our father's, was slavery. It has left a legacy of racism throughout the history of our country. The election to the presidency of a black man seemingly lit a fuse of latent hatred that was soon exploited and magnified.
As a Christian we are not to hate and I do not hate on anyone .
So with the current political, secular and religious debates that surround topics such as CRT, the 1619 project, Black Lives Matters, etc... I would like to hear your thought on how the Lord might visit the sins of the fathers upon the children? In Georgia, a Father and his son sit in prison for murdering an unarmed black jogger. In state legislatures, republicans are passing laws trying to ban CRT and the 1619 project. Why? I think they have made it known, they do not wish to hear about the sins of the fathers. They consider it to be evil. But as Christians and followers of Christ, we must consider how the Lord might visit this evil upon this generation.

The children of Israel were made to serve in bondage 430 years in the land of Egypt before they were delivered from their hand by the Lord. I'm sure from the perspective of the Egyptians, they considered the plagues that befell them as something evil too.
What CRT and the 1619 project is selling I am not buying . Politicians do what they do to put their name out there so they can be reelected it is simple as that . Politicos want power , money and fame . CRT and the 1619 project would go away anyway with out any help from politicos IMO .

If you decide to join in the battle and not stand on the sidelines . It is not judgement from God coming for you it is Satan or his cohorts that will pay you a visit . Don't get me wrong God has a hedge around you but this does not stop Satan or his cohorts from trying to put the fear in you . It can get very interesting ,I know .

I was told to enter into my rest. Why would I go to battle? You may be dressed in your gospel armor ready for battle. But the bride in her gown is dressed for a wedding!

The reason I have not answered you is I have no idea .

How can you or other Christians go about warning people if the impending judgement of God and their need to repent and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, but when I ask what the judgement of God might look like, you tell me you have no idea. Instead you want to keep telling me of Satan.

It is all going to depend , have they repented of their sins ?

Apparently not. Those that run around protesting CRT and the 1619 project, those that pass laws trying to outlaw them, those who would try and ban books they deem contain these materials, doesn't seem to me like they have a repentant heart. Rather it shows evidence of the their hearts become hardened as the sins of the fathers are visit upon this generation.

As a Christian we are not to hate and I do not hate on anyone .

Sorry, but thats dodging the spirit of the my question. We're not talking about you personally. We're looking at the bigger corporate body. For years I listened to evangelicals preach the need for a spiritual revival in this land. We've been told because of abortion and gay marriage that God would bring his judgment upon this country. Yet you can't fathom what that judgement might look like. Maybe they are right and God will judge this country for its sins, and if he did, surely he would visit the sins of the fathers upon their children unto the fourth generation. CRT and the 1619 project then are simply in the spirit of a visitation of the sins of the fathers upon this generation.

What CRT and the 1619 project is selling I am not buying . Politicians do what they do to put their name out there so they can be reelected it is simple as that . Politicos want power , money and fame . CRT and the 1619 project would go away anyway with out any help from politicos IMO .

No. CRT has been around for decades. It was an advanced college curriculum that studied the effects of systemic racism in the legal system. It will not go away until true equality is achieved. What will go away is the republican political theatrics over the subject. After all, they do have one trans swimmer competing against women to fret about, and then there's Mickey Mouse and Goofy too! There's always a newer cause to feign outrage over; keeping your eye's focused on the flesh!

Seek ye first the kingdom of God. If you're a follower of Christ, shouldn't you be telling me of His kingdom instead?

I was told to enter into my rest. Why would I go to battle?
I have not been told to enter into my rest , so battle on I will .
You may be dressed in your gospel armor ready for battle.
If I had not had on the helmet of salvation I would not be talking to you now . Satan's attack was from above and my head was the first thing hit .
But the bride in her gown is dressed for a wedding!
I look forward to the day :) .
How can you or other Christians go about warning people if the impending judgement of God and their need to repent and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, but when I ask what the judgement of God might look like, you tell me you have no idea.
I think hell fire and brimstone preaching is not as prevalent as once was .
Instead you want to keep telling me of Satan.
Just because he does not lower the boom on you in person does not mean he has been told to enter into his rest .
Sorry, but thats dodging the spirit of the my question. We're not talking about you personally. We're looking at the bigger corporate body. For years I listened to evangelicals preach the need for a spiritual revival in this land. We've been told because of abortion and gay marriage that God would bring his judgment upon this country. Yet you can't fathom what that judgement might look like. Maybe they are right and God will judge this country for its sins, and if he did, surely he would visit the sins of the fathers upon their children unto the fourth generation. CRT and the 1619 project then are simply in the spirit of a visitation of the sins of the fathers upon this generation.
You are just barely scratching the surface of the sins of this country :crying .

No. CRT has been around for decades. It was an advanced college curriculum that studied the effects of systemic racism in the legal system. It will not go away until true equality is achieved. What will go away is the republican political theatrics over the subject. After all, they do have one trans swimmer competing against women to fret about, and then there's Mickey Mouse and Goofy too! There's always a newer cause to feign outrage over; keeping your eye's focused on the flesh!
And the things I missed by not going to college . Basically ALL politics is theatre . Dems and GOP two wings of the same bird and that bird does not fly well .
Wow, If you think you feel the need to try and evangelize me, then you sorely missed the point of my post.
Ok , but then you said this .....
Seek ye first the kingdom of God. If you're a follower of Christ, shouldn't you be telling me of His kingdom instead?
At this time we seem to be plowing in circles and our crops will never grow right , so I see no more I can add to this thread .

And the things I missed by not going to college . Basically ALL politics is theatre . Dems and GOP two wings of the same bird and that bird does not fly well .
The interesting thing about Critical Race Theory is that it keeps getting bolstered by results in legal system. Instead of using buzz words ill be straight forward. Crt studies and Pplues how the legal system effects and affects people of color and white people. It's both a historical study of how sundown laws, slavery, segregation, and various court cases and legislation has caused a massive rift between racial groups in the US. It's very interesting, especially when you find out that the south managed to keep slavery going on into the 1950s under new names and how until the cival rights movement black people could be arrested and forced into labor under crimes that would make us double take today.

Like needing proof you are employed at all times.

Yes we should ban the Bible because it promotes wokeness: Ephesians 6:5 says, "Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling," which could remind young white students about civilization's sordid past.

(I'm being satirical)

I have not been told to enter into my rest , so battle on I will .

If I had not had on the helmet of salvation I would not be talking to you now . Satan's attack was from above and my head was the first thing hit .

I look forward to the day :) .

I think hell fire and brimstone preaching is not as prevalent as once was .

Just because he does not lower the boom on you in person does not mean he has been told to enter into his rest .

You are just barely scratching the surface of the sins of this country :crying .

"Sorry, but thats dodging the spirit of the my question. We're not talking about you personally. We're looking at the bigger corporate body. For years I listened to evangelicals preach the need for a spiritual revival in this land. We've been told because of abortion and gay marriage that God would bring his judgment upon this country. Yet you can't fathom what that judgement might look like. Maybe they are right and God will judge this country for its sins, and if he did, surely he would visit the sins of the fathers upon their children unto the fourth generation. CRT and the 1619 project then are simply in the spirit of a visitation of the sins of the fathers upon this generation."

I think we are already being judged

BPPLEE The band I once worked with in the early 80's played gigs in Selma . Sadly I saw racism being practiced within a few minutes walking distance of the Edmund Pettus Bridge . The bar we played in would not allow African Americans in the club . They told them at the door when they tried to come in it was a private club when It was not .

I rejected the Christian idea of original sin long ago, even when I was still a Christian. This CRT stuff sounds a lot like that old religion I gave up, and a lot like those dated concepts of children responsible for their parents' actions.

BPPLEE The band I once worked with in the early 80's played gigs in Selma . Sadly I saw racism being practiced within a few minutes walking distance of the Edmund Pettus Bridge . The bar we played in would not allow African Americans in the club . They told them at the door when they tried to come in it was a private club when It was not .
Sadly when I was in Jr. High School my Church voted closed doors to blacks. It was 1979 I don't know how they got away with it. Things have really changed since then. You were probably at a club called The Warehouse.

Sadly when I was in Jr. High School my Church voted closed doors to blacks. It was 1979 I don't know how they got away with it. Things have really changed since then. You were probably at a club called The Warehouse.
Religious liberty exemptions I'm sure. Ha. Religion has often been and still is a shield for bigotry.

The interesting thing about Critical Race Theory is that it keeps getting bolstered by results in legal system. Instead of using buzz words ill be straight forward. Crt studies and Pplues how the legal system effects and affects people of color and white people. It's both a historical study of how sundown laws, slavery, segregation, and various court cases and legislation has caused a massive rift between racial groups in the US. It's very interesting, especially when you find out that the south managed to keep slavery going on into the 1950s under new names and how until the cival rights movement black people could be arrested and forced into labor under crimes that would make us double take today.

Like needing proof you are employed at all times.
Yes education of history is most important , even when the history is painful for some to hear .

But should our children be indoctrinated ?

How do schools indoctrinate?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back