Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Daily Verses

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Scripture Of The Day - BEING DEDICATED TO HIS PRESENCE

"If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." - 2 Chronicles 7:14

DESIRING HIS PRESENCE

It is certainly a time of calling upon the name of the Lord and praying but we don't want to forget the rest of the Scripture...it is also a time to seek His face.
To seek means to desire, to seek to secure oneself to, and to require. The word "face" in this Scripture means to seek His presence, to turn toward Him, and to make a clear path to God.

We are to desire God, to secure ourselves to Him. We are to desire His presence, to turn toward Him and to remove anything that would stop us from being in His presence. That is what God means by seeking His face.

It is easy to pray a short prayer and go about your day. Often, it is much more difficult to pray from a place of seeking God and seeking His face. The latter takes time, it takes focus and it takes setting your own agenda aside and surrendering entirely to God alone; but when you do this, the reward is great. It will take putting God and His presence first – before work, family, ministry and anything else that may demand your attention.

THE TIME IS NOW

In Psalm 27:8 David said, "When You said, 'Seek My face' my heart said, 'Thy face, Lord, I will seek.'"
God is saying to you, "Seek My face." What is your response? Is it like David's? Are you saying, "Thy face God, I will seek." Or are you saying, "When I get caught up at work, or when things slow down a bit..."? The time is NOW and by next month "this time" may have passed. Seek Him now, while He can be found, as the Scripture says (Isaiah 55:6).

Acting in the spirit of sacrifice He will come to you and His reward will be with Him:
Wherever His presence is, healing is.
Wherever His presence is, restoration is.
Wherever His presence is, peace is.
Wherever His presence is, prosperity is.
We WILL See the Goodness of God

Psalm 27 ends with "I would have lost heart if I had not believed I would see the goodness of God in the land of the living." Psalm 27:13
Seeing the goodness of God – here, in our life – is the fruit of intimacy with God; it is part of the reward. Seek Him now. Seek His face and see His Goodness.
Can you sense His desire for time with you?

Scripture Of The Day - Let Him Declare His Own Glory Through You

"Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God." - 1 Corinthians 2:12

God is ready to bring you new understanding of the knowledge -- His Spirit desires that you would call out, you would decree His awesomeness, you would claim, and then revelation will come – with knowledge.

By meditating and declaring how awesome He is in your place, and know that wherever you go so does He. Wherever He leads you, He goes before you, and He goes behind you.
Know that you cannot escape His presence but you carry His presence.

He wants you not only transformed, but wants you to be performing the fruit-bearing good works that He has set before you (your CALLING in Christ), and it will be through the power of the Gospel coming through you. And as you let the power of the Gospel come through you, then you will be the Gospel spilling out, good news spilled, for it will come spilling out of you; for it has been placed in you, not only for yourself but for others.

Ask for revelation -- give Him a platform for manifestation, for He chooses to declare His own glory through you. And in this, a hungry, dying world will come to the revelation that not only is He alive and well, but that they are His, and He longs to be theirs.

"And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:" - 1 Corinthians 2:4

Hi. Wanted to share the verse of greatest encouragement to me through my childhood.....Psalm 50:15. "And call upon me in the day of trouble. I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify Me!" It was one of the verses we had to memorize through Bible Camp, and I found that it kept coming to mind time and again through the entire year, and I still remembered it for the following camp, though I couldn't remember the others like this one. I love the continual promise of being delivered from trouble, and that we can then share in the joy of glorifying God!! Learning more and more that HE INHABITS His praise!!! As we draw near to Him in praise.....it draws Him closer to us! It blesses HIM!! I DO want to bless our Saviour!! Thank you Lord for that opportunity!!!

Scripture Of the Day - Moving In The Impossible

Hebrews 11:1 - "You need to see your miracle in your spirit before it will manifest. You need to see it as finished."

There is something in the heart of God that likes to move in the impossible. There is something about the heart of God that likes to move when something is dead. There is something about breakthrough and the dawning of a new day that comes when you are so dead and hopeless you do not know if anything is going to be able to happen. That is when God is going to come. "Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead. And I am glad for your sakes that I was not there, to the intent you may believe; nevertheless, let us go unto him." (John 11:14-15)

We must see it in our spirit. We must catch a vision and revelation of what Jesus has already done. We must see ourselves healed. When Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, He did not have to lay hands on the dead. There was authority in the Word of God.

What is dead? Maybe your faith is dead. Maybe your relationship with God, your marriage, your children, your body, your church or even your ministry is dead. See the situation and command resurrection power to be released. Let your hope rise again and your faith be resurrected. Contend for miracles as your vision is restored. See the power of His life come. He is the Resurrection and Life!

Good morning, and while I was taking my vitamins for today, and reading this: In my morning devotions I am running across some very excellent Verses I'd like to share. Let this thread be about that. Share your daily verse or verses (in context). Just one per day and not a whole list of them. Make a pithy comment and let the Spirit speak to the reader.

I thought of: A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. John 13:34

Scripture Of The Day - The Might Of His Spirit

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." - Ephesians 6:10,12

What would you do with the might of His Spirit? Would you allow it to flow out of you? Would you allow it to change you, and raise you up in His own glory?

Do not let man cause you to fall, to slumber, or to come halfheartedly before His throne. But press forward, and come in BOLDLY, for you have an appointment through His Blood.

Let His Blood come and transfuse back to you the might of His Spirit, so you too can do signs and wonders, and come to the understanding of who you are, and who He is.

Come boldly. Come, allow Him to let His hand rest upon you, and give peace to your mind, peace to your heart, multiplication to your finances, answers if you need answers, and healing if you need healing. Come unto Him all that are heavily laden. Let Him alone be the one that gives you rest.

My prayers are changing!! He is teaching me to do this! I pray I can learn quickly, to be properly equipped!! There is so much to learn and so little time now!!!

Scripture Of The Day - Becoming As Little Children

"And said, Verily I say to you, Except you be converted, and become as little children, you shall not enter into the Kingdom of Heaven." - Matthew 18:3

It is very important that the foundation upon which we stand is "The Rock," our Lord Jesus Christ, and that our life is hidden "in Christ." If our spiritual experience is resting on sand, that is, if we are trusting our own abilities, we will fail when the pressures of life increase.

We can walk in stability and confidence with Him if we hold to the potential that rests within us before the Lord in simple child-like trust -- we will be enabled to rise above the limitations that we place upon ourselves, and enter into all that He has made available for us.

When difficulties affect us and we begin to lose our spiritual direction, if we will become quiet and look to the Lord, we will recognize that beneath our vacillations is a layer of spiritual strength and hope that had been deposited within us through our identification with Jesus in His death and resurrection -- which was confirmed in the peace that came when He took up His abode within us.

We need only to realize that we are a new creation - that old things have passed away and our life is hidden in Jesus, and that our strength comes from Him. With David, we should be able to say, "The Lord is my light and my salvation..." (Psalm 27:1). If we will meditate on the past victories that we gained by placing our lives in His hands, this will become personally real to us.

Paul said, "I press toward the mark..." (Philippians 3:14). This "mark" is our CALLING in Christ. We look past our vacillations to see there is within us a deep inner determination to press through to the place where our responses no longer emerge from our Adamic nature, but from the new creation that we have become.

Scripture Of The Day - From Darkness Into Life

"Therefore, prophesy and say unto them, thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O My people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel." - Ezekiel 37:12

Here God makes us a promise that He will bring us out of the darkness, opening our graves and allowing us to live again! We just have to listen and obey God's Word.

Are there areas of your life that need a touch of Heaven? Ezekiel promises us that God is always watching, always ready to breathe new life into these dead and lifeless areas of our lives.

To be resurrected means far more than just bringing someone back to life. To be resurrected by the power of God makes us stronger, more mature and more powerful than we were before! And God always makes good on His promise of resurrection to anyone who belongs to Him. He alone can inject new life into dead places. All we have to do is ask, obey, wait, and receive.

There is no situation too hard for God to overcome—not physical death, not spiritual death, not emotional death. This same gift of the resurrection already resides in each and every one of us, as God's children, when His Spirit lives inside us.

"But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you." - Romans 8:11

The term resurrection means to stand up again. This can be taken literally, to mean reviving an individual to a living state of consciousness, or it can be taken figuratively, as in reviving profound spiritual truths so we can experience God's tangible peace, joy, and love. And this can be applied to any area.

There is no situation too hard for God to overcome—not physical death, not spiritual death, not emotional death. This same gift of the resurrection already resides in each and every one of us, as God's children, when His Spirit lives inside us.

Scripture Of The Day - LETTING THE SEEDS OF OUR DREAMS GROW

"But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you." - Romans 8:11

Our dreams are like planted seeds. In order to sprout, they must first fall lifeless from the tree, be planted in the ground, and wait for springtime to arrive when they will begin to bloom and grow. And just as the sun rises every morning, we can depend on God's love to shine down to bring life to our dreams. Just as the sunshine impacts all living things, God promises us an abundant and fruitful life as we respond to His call to live again.

Have your dreams died? Perhaps you're holding them too tightly for God to do anything. We need to learn how to hold our dreams loosely, opening our hands and giving them to Him, understanding that sometimes dreams must die lest they consume us or become like idols—the driving force of our lives. In order for those dead dreams to actually live again, we must allow Him to make something from nothing.

According to Isaiah 61:1-3, God is more than able to make beauty from ashes. But what if we ourselves lit the match that burned them to the ground? Will God still help us? Will He resurrect our dreams if we are the ones who caused them to die? Absolutely! Because God is a God of the second chance. He takes joy and great delight in making all things new to bless us!

Perhaps you feel unworthy of God's resurrection power because of something you've done. Well, take heart, because if you humble yourself and repent, He will give beauty for ashes. Answer this question: Do you reject your precious children when they make mistakes? Of course not, and neither does God! He will lovingly correct you and then restore you back to health, making all things new!

The first step is to embrace the power of God, believing He will restore you. Ask Him to breathe new life into the dark and lifeless areas of your life. Be patient and wait in faith. Don't quit before the miracle happens! Hold on to the promise as if your life depended on it, because it does. And never take no for an answer!

Scripture Of The Day - RESURRECTION LIFE

If God the Father was able to breathe new life into the lifeless body of His Son, then you and I are also beneficiaries of this great gift – given to us when Jesus died and was raised from the dead. But it's up to us to grab hold of this gift in faith and believe it as if it were so, because it only comes alive for us as we apply it and say, "It's mine, and I'm not taking no for an answer!" Once we do that we are supernaturally empowered and energized by the mighty power of God—unstoppable!

Psalm 84:11 says, "No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly." That means that He will never refuse to restore to those who ask for help. No one is too far gone if they're still alive and breathing air. In fact, Psalm 116:2 puts it this way: "Because He bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath!"

Jesus was raised from the dead by the power of God the Father, and that very same power already resides in us because His Holy Spirit lives inside us. With this inborn power, God can resurrect our dreams, our godly ambitions, and our passions. Every good thing that's been lost can be restored to even greater heights through the miraculous power of God.

"being confident of this very thing....that GOD who has started a good work in you (salvation and eternal life) will be FAITHFUL to COMPLETE IT, till the day of Jesus The Christ, (2nd Advent)."""

Philip 1:6
HALLELUJAH!!! Praise His HOLY name!!! :biggrin THANK YOU LORD!!! Your mercy and grace is too great for me to understand, but I am THANKFUL for all of it!!!

Scripture Of The Day - Pressing Forward In The Run Of Faith

"You will also be [considered] a crown of glory and splendor in the hand of the Lord, And a royal diadem [exceedingly beautiful] in the hand of your God." - AMP

Wear the crown of glory that He would have you wear uprightly. Lay down any identity that man would come with. Man would come and try to push His crown off your head, and put upon it a counterfeit identity.

Lay down all these things that rush into your mind – to where you cannot even come into His presence, because your mind, your spirit, is somewhere else. Press it aside. Press forward in the run of faith. And know, as you run in faith, you will meet Him, face to face, for in His Presence are the answers for every circumstance you are in. You do not understand what is available to you. He brings forth that which would birth life around you.

Call everything that would command you to die – to give up dreams and visions and hope – command it to be cast behind you, for it is of satan. Tell him to get behind you. Tell him that he cannot hinder the CALLING that He has placed upon you. Understand who He calls you to be. You are more than a conqueror in Him, and by His Spirit -- through you.

Scripture Of The Day - DEVELOPING A NEW MINDSET

"'The Kingdom of Heaven is near.' Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give." - Matthew 10:7-9 NIV

Will we, today, remain stuck in an old pattern of thinking, or an old pattern of religious performance?
We can no longer remain lukewarm concerning co-laboring with Him and promoting the Kingdom of God. Many Believers have a mindset that we are simply holding on until Jesus comes. No! We are not on the defense, we are on the offense. Get a mindset today that we are advancing! We are moving forward as a mighty army taking ground for Kingdom advancement!

Today, shift into Kingdom reality. Develop an advancing attitude. Determine that you are not retreating but rather advancing! As we pursue this type of Kingdom mentality, know this for a fact: in Kingdom reality, disease cannot stay; poverty cannot stay; devastation cannot stay and shame cannot stay!

To co-labor effectively with God, there must be a complete dependence on His grace.
The mindset that we must hold onto what we have will rob potential Kingdom seed from being sown. Only true multiplication can come from sacrifice of giving in all areas of life.
Remain determined that you are contending for this now!

Scripture Of The Day - Stepping In

"He that dweleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." - Psalm 91:1

Freedom is found in "stepping in" -- your intimacy with Jesus is your greatest weapon.

The Lord is always calling us to live outside our comfort zones; to live in a place of total dependence upon Him. Many Believers are wrestling with the question, "How do I take steps out in the natural to GET FREE AND RECEIVE BREAKTHROUGH?" It is in facing the fear, the wrong beliefs, the hurt, pain, trauma, and fear in the secret place with Him that is going to set you free!

The enemy is wanting many warriors to step back onto the battlefield. Through some ways, these battles have been fought in the past with the intention to get free and overcome, but the past STEPPING OUT hasn't brought freedom but pain, trauma and wounding because of the uncovering of the heart (which is the enemy's strategy again) but there is a new strategy upon the warriors.

Focus on STEPPING INTO THE SECRET PLACE more than ever before. Position yourself before Jesus and He is going to meet you and overwhelm you with His love. Many warriors are being called to rest, and move into a hidden place before the Lord, so He can heal their hearts and souls.

REST IS THE KEY RIGHT NOW

The reason the Lord is focusing upon the stepping in rather than stepping out right now, is because there are cracks in foundations that He sees. These "cracks" in foundations need to be healed by the revelation of His love and kindness so you can be strengthened, healed, filled again and then sent out again.

Don't allow the enemy to tell you that by focusing on the STEPPING IN that you are losing ground. The opposite is true. You are gaining ground by stepping in. Don't let the enemy tell you that you won't get your breakthrough by stepping in. Right now for many, your breakthrough will come in double portions in the secret place.

The scariest place right now is allowing Him into those wounded, fear-filled, hurting places of your heart—the real broken places. In some ways, it would be easier to do what you have done in the past to overcome, but there's a new strategy upon you. It's to open up those parts of your heart to Him and let Him in, and watch and see the resurrection life that will burst forth and the healing that will come.

Many have held it together for so long "fighting the good fight" when their hearts have been breaking inside and you have been so wounded. Let Him come, soothe your hurting heart and soul and make you whole. His plans for you are good, to prosper you, and not to harm you (see Jeremiah 29:11).

Scripture Of The Day - Breaking Loose

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." - Romans 12:2

Break loose of the earth's gravitational pull! Change your mind (Romans 12:2)! Don't get seduced down into the lower, base, everyday thought processes of life. Think on higher things (Phil. 4:8-9). Make going up higher in Christ your top priority! Breathe life back into your prayer life!

Spend time with God! Go with Him to the places that He longs to take you, to show you all things He wants to do with you. He wants to lead you and guide you into all truth (John 16:13). He wants to show you your destiny!

"And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:7

Scripture Of The Day - Pursuing Healing

"Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers." - 3 John 2

The emotions that come with trauma such as cynicism, distrust, bitterness, shame, and envy, to name a few, will be a major deterrent to our vision and we could miss having the ability to see with the accuracy that we all want. To see as He sees, shouldn't we be healed from those things that cause us to "see dimly"?

There is a grace right now in 2019 to partner with Heaven and be healed in every area and take part in ushering in the year 2020, seeing things in the light of Heaven and seeing fruit bearing from the things that God has purposed for us.

The should'ves, could'ves, and would'ves will be a thing of the past as we live with pristine vision and foresight. We will indeed be "forgetting what lies behind and pressing forward to our higher calling" (see Philippians 3:13) and become more familiar with where we are going than where we have been. We will have a fresh anointing and will see, through crystal clear eyes, the path before us and be much more familiar with WHERE WE ARE GOING, not where we have been. When we do our part toward healing in our minds and emotions, our physical bodies, and our spirits, he will do far above and beyond on our behalf and those whose lives we will touch!

Back