Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Daily Verses

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$900.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Scripture Of The Day - Truth And Reality

Ephesians 3:19 - "That you may really come to know through experience for yourselves the love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge (without experience): that you may be filled (through your whole being) unto all the fullness of God (may have the richest measure of the divine Presence, and become a body wholly filled and flooded with God himself)."

The ancient Greeks had no word for “reality.” To the “truth” and “reality.” In essence, were the same, indeed, the Holy Spirit’s purpose is to lead into all the truth, that is, into the fulness of the reality of God.

Peter did not succumb under the convicting power of “religious knowledge” – He met the reality of Jesus Christ!

On the road to Damascus, Paul was not blinded and devastated by a “new doctrine” – he met the reality of Jesus Christ!

When John beheld our glorified Lord on Patmos, it was not a “new spiritual insight” that left him slain as a dead man – he beheld Jesus Christ!

It is this explosive revelation of Christ Himself that we need to understand the grace of God.

Scripture Of The Day - Attaining With Perseverance

When Jesus came, He proclaimed, "The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand" (Matthew 4:17). "At hand" means that God's kingdom is close enough to touch from where we are. Yet it must be fought for aggressively and attained with perseverance.

"The Kingdom of Heaven suffers violence," Jesus taught, "and violent men take it by force" (Matthew 11:12)

The violence of taking the Kingdom by force is not physical violence, but rather focused earnestness, a deeply passionate pursuit of God that enables Christ's followers never to give up regardless of the conflicts and trials they face.

If we want God's Kingdom, we will face tribulation, and we will need perseverance. We must persist until the substance of God's Kingdom is not merely a doctrine but a functional reality in our lives.

True disciples "bear fruit with perseverance" (Luke 8:15)

Scripture Of The Day - Catalysts Of The Glory

We can see the oneness of the Holy Spirit with the glory in this passage:

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord." - 2 Corinthians 3:17-18

It is the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of the Lord, that brings transformation from "glory to glory" into the image of God. As we spend time in the "presence of God" or the "glory" we are being changed into His likeness. This is the place of encounter where God's world enters into our natural world making eternal deposits into our hearts concerning advancing His Kingdom in the earth.

Understanding that we need the glory of God in our lives how do we access the glory? What gets us into that place?
Just pray for "the wave" of God's glory to come. What a great confession! Have you ever thought about believing for a "wave" of His glory?

It is the glory that will awaken the hearts of the people, bring many to know the Lord and His purpose for their life, and bring people into a place of real encounter with God. We are called to be "catalysts" of the glory of His presence. That means we are not waiting for an event to happen, but we are carriers of His glory – we are the event!

Scripture Of The Day - Departing From The Natural

"The Lord said, "I am Jesus whom you are persecuting.......for this purpose I have appeared to you, to appoint you...to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in Me." - Acts:26:15,16,18

HIS LIFE FLOWING AS A RIVER

When we have altogether parted with our own plans, as it were, then there is a possibility of God's likeness, being made manifest in us, of the water of life filling us, and not only enriching our own life but FLOWING FROM US AS A RIVER that will touch others; and no one can tell what a river can do when it is set aflow by God, because when God is in the plan, everything works mightily and harmoniously.

The living touch of the river of the life of God is that which brings a celestial glory into the human heart, and speech that meets the kindled desire therein.

RECEIVING OUR CALLING IN CHRIST

When we are filled with the Holy Spirit we go forth to see things accomplished that we could never see otherwise. We get ready for God to move us out of the confines and limitations of what we have experienced in the past:

First of all Paul had a CALLING.

But CALLINGS (the Kingdom elevating assignment that God is giving you) are no good to us unless we make them real.

Except We claim them as they come,

Except we make them our own,

And your whole desire is to carry out what the Spirit has revealed to you in regards to your CALLING -- it will surely come to pass.

A CONTINUOUS BURNING ON THE ALTAR

Many believers lack the power because they do not keep their CALLING in the forefront of their life -- they do not allow the fire which has come to infuse into them to continue to burn.

There must be a continuous burning on the altar. Holy Spirit power in a man is meant to be an increasing force, an enlargement. God has never anything of a diminishing type. He is always moving forward.

QUESTIONS TO ASK MYSELF:

Am I moving forward?

Am I stopping in the plains when there are greater things waiting for me on the hilltops?

Scripture Of The Day - Dependence On God

Isaiah 66:2 - "To this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.".

The Hebrew word for “look” is “nabat” which means to regard, pay attention to, or to esteem.

The one who gets God’s favorable attention is poor or humble. Humility is not being weak, wimpy, or spineless. In fact, often the truly humble are mistaken for acting arrogant. David was accused of being arrogant and full of pride by His older brother Eliab, who had been rejected by God for the very thing He accused David of (1 Samuel 17:26,28). But God called David a man after His own heart.

A humble person is utterly dependant on God. They can’t do anything without Him. Thus, they seek His desire and will in everything.

Contriteness is likened to brokenness. To be broken has nothing to do with weakness, but with submission to authority.

Psalm 51:16,17 - " For you do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it; You do not delight in burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, a broken and a contrite heart - These, O God, You will not despise."

DEFENDING OURSELVES

Romans 8:33 -- "Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies."

Mark 15:3 -- "And the chief priest accused Him of many things, but He answered nothing."

Why didn't Jesus defend Himself?

The reason: to remain under His Father's judgment and thus His protection.

When we refuse to defend ourselves we are hidden under the hand of God's grace and judgment. There is no safer place.
I contrast, those who defend themselves come under the jurisdiction of their accusers and their judgment, and thus they forfeit divine intervention.
The moment I justify and defend myself I yield to my accuser as judge. I forfeit my spiritual right of protection, for He (my accuser) rises above me in the realm of the spirit as I answer His criticism. His influence is elevated by my self-defense. By attempting to prove my innocence, I am at the mercy of my accuser.

1 Peter 2:23 -- "He (Jesus) did not retaliate when He was insulted. When He suffered, He did not threaten to get even. He left His case in the hands of God, who always judges fairly."

Scripture Of The Day - PURSUING GOD’S VISION FOR YOUR LIFE

Matthew 15:14 - "If the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch."

When you start pursuing God's vision for your life, sometimes you have to change who your close friends are because you're not speaking the same language anymore.

Priority requires that there are people and places that you are going to have to disassociate yourself from if you're going to make it to your dream.

Some people say that it doesn't really matter with whom they associate, that they wouldn't want to hurt anybody by disassociating from them. Yet Jesus was telling us not to be foolish by following those who are spiritually blind.

Some people literally sacrifice their dreams and their lives because they are afraid of having conflict and disagreement with others.

Affirmations:

I CHOOSE PEOPLE TO ASSOCIATE WITH WHO WANT ME TO GO WHERE I WANT TO GO. I LET THEM BE MY ENCOURAGEMENT.

I IGNORE THE CRITICS AND KEEP ON ACTING IN ACCORDANCE WITH MY VISION.

Scripture Of The Day - Salvation From Lesser Things

Philippians 3:7-9 - "But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake fo Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him."

Observation :

AT SOME POINT I HAVE TO CEASE BEING A SPIRITUAL ENCYCLOPEDIA (THAT IS, COLLECTING MORE FACTS, OPINIONS, ILLUSTRATIONS, AND INTERPRETATIONS, AND THEN PRESENTING THEM AS MY FAITH).

I MAKE A QUALITY DECISION TODAY TO TURN MYSELF OVER TO GOD, SUBMIT TO HIS TRAINING AND BREAKING SO THAT HE CAN DISCARD ALL THAT HINDERS ME FROM SEEING CHRIST AS HE IS ......IN GOD'S EYES. MY ONLY HOPE FOR SALVATION FROM LESSER THINGS IS CHRIST ......A GREATER CHRIST THAN THE ONE I HAVE BEEN CONTENT WITH UNTIL NOW.

Hebrews 1:2,3 - " Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds. Who being the brightness of His glory, and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high."

Jeremiah 29:11-14

New International Version

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord,​

Scripture Of The Day - Don't Stop After You Pray

Luke 11:9 - “And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.”

Jesus tells us not to stop after we pray. Get up and look for what you asked for. You will find it if you seek it. It may be behind some closed doors. If that is the case, then knock. When the devil tries to hold it back, just keep persisting until the door falls down. According to the Word of God, if you knock, it will come to pass. This is the meaning of active prayer.

2 Timothy 3:17 - “That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.”

Affirmations:

I CONFESS AND MEDITATE ON GOD'S WORD DAY BY DAY. THAT WORD DECKS ME OUT - EQUIPPING, OUTFITTING, AND FURNISHING ME WITH ALL THE SPIRITUAL GEAR I NEED TO TAKE THE ADVENTUROUS TRIP GOD HAS PLANNED FOR MY LIFE.

WITH GOD'S WORD FITTED TIGHTLY IN PLACE, I AM READY TO SET SAIL AND FOLLOW WHEREVER THE HOLY SPIRIT LEADS! I DECLARE THIS BY FAITH IN JESUS' NAME!

Scripture Of The Day - Ascending From Our Comfort Zone

“that the sharing of your faith may become effective by the acknowledgment of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus”.- Philemon 6

We can sit there forever in our comfort zone or we can rise up and say, "I'm going to go for it. I'm going to be all I can be in God."

You can't aim at what you can't see. By faith we have to ask, knock, and seek until we understand and implement God’s purpose for our life.. We don't have to wander around and around the mountain, wondering where we are supposed to be going and doing a kind of "hit and miss" attempt at fulfilling the will of God.

God will show you what He has for you if you start to see by faith and believe YOU CAN HEAR FROM GOD.
By faith He can release a word to you if you need confirmation – but He also puts His desires in your heart so that when you fulfill the will of God, it's delightful to you because it's in your heart.

https://albertfinch.tumblr.com/

Scripture Of The Day - September 13, 2021

Malachi 3:6 - "I am the Lord, and I do not change..."

Even if we become faithless, God remains faithful. As humans, we often change toward people when they change toward us, but God does not do that. He is who He is, and nothing we do (or don't do) changes that fact.
It is awesome to think about how Jesus abides in us, and therefore, we are never alone -- we are never without hope and strength. As we repent from our sins, His forgiveness for past, present, and future sins has already been established in His blood.

If you are hanging on to the guilt of old sins, you need to stop remembering what God has forgotten. He has promised to love you with an everlasting love. (Jeremiah 31:3).

Attachments

• V - 768.jpg
    V - 768.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1
Scripture Of The Day -- New Creature In Christ

2 Corinthians 5:17 - "If any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come."

Everything, even our intelligence, and physical appearance is now subject to change for the better. Old failures, prejudices, and attitudes are destined to go.

New faith and hope should be growing within us daily.

HOW DO I ATTAIN SUCH A WONDERFUL NEW BEGINNING?

AFFIRMATIONS:

I receive the spirit of Christ into my heart to empower me with His love and I study the words of Christ to direct me.

Whatever I find in me that is not like Jesus, -- I crucify.

Attachments

• ZZ - 1204.png
    ZZ - 1204.png
    463.5 KB · Views: 1
Scripture Of The Day - September 16, 2021

John 3:13 - "No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven."

He was describing a lifestyle with the Father -- even though He was standing on earth He had ascended into heavenly realms in His relationship with God. That is an invitation for every believer. Colossians 3:1 - "If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God."

We are as raised from the dead as Jesus because it is actually His resurrection. By consideration of that biblical truth, the Lord invites us into an encounter where we start thinking and seeking according to the biblical reality. It comes from the fact that when Jesus was raised from the dead (as you) He defeated every enemy of humanity -- His victory is your victory.

Attachments

• V - 770.jpg
    V - 770.jpg
    428.9 KB · Views: 1

Scripture Of The Day - September 20, 2021

Exodus 3:8 - "And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey."

Observation: .

The Jews were called, not just to know about the promised land but to “dwell” in it and make it their home.

So also, I am called to dwell in Christ, where God in His Kingdom becomes my abiding place.

2 Timothy 4:2 - "Preach the Word with great haste at all times, whenever you get the chance, in season and out, when it is convenient and when it is not. Correct and rebuke your people when they need it, encourage them to do right, and all the time be feeding them patiently with God's Word."

Affirmation:

I CONFESS THAT I AM NOT MOVING FROM THE CALLING FOR WHICH I WAS PREDESTINED. THE DEVIL AND VARIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES HAVE TRIED HARD TO MOVE ME, BUT I HAVE MADE UP MY MIND THAT I AM NOT MOVING FROM THE PLACE WHERE JESUS CALLED ME TO GIVE MY HEART!

Attachments

• ZZ - 1022.jpg
    ZZ - 1022.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 0
Back