Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Daily Verses

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Scripture Of The Day - ADVANCING IN THE DAY OF HIS POWER

"Arise, shine; for your light has come, And the glory of the LORD has risen upon you." - Isaiah 60:1 NASB

"Arise and Shine." He says to you, "What is your mountain? Where do you have to go to shine to be seen? What do you have to do? For there is a mobilization He is calling you to that is far greater than you've ever known before. You will advance in the day of His power, so stir yourself up, stir yourself up on your most holy faith and get on your boots and get ready to be a mountain climber.

He is calling His people together to go forward -- even now receive a new anointing of faith, receive a new revelation of His PURPOSE for your life, receive a new anointing of strength, receive a new anointing of grace, fear not for He with you. Resist the devil and he will flee, so it's time to "shine."

Scripture Of The Day - OUR BEST DAYS ARE YET TO COME

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them." - Ephesians 2:10

We were created to serve God. We were placed on this planet for a special assignment. The enemy's strategy tempts us to wear our own identities in a lesser role than what God desires for us (our DESTINY).

God has put something inside of us and He wants it to flow out. The more it flows out, the more life it's going to bring. If there's only a trickle at first, He wants it to become a mighty river. It affects lives.

Our best days are yet to come! God sent us to do a job and we're going to reap because He is the one who sent us to do it! When we launch out at His Word, we're going to catch what we need to catch, even in some instances where we've not labored. (John 4:38)

"As the Father has sent me, even so I send you." - John 20:21

Scripture Of The Day - Getting Your Hopes Up

"I have strength for anything through him who gives me power." - Philippians 4:13 NEB

The world says, "Don't get your hopes up!"
God is all about HOPE and FAITH, and if we don't get our hopes up, we cannot please Him.

"Hope deferred make the heart sick" (Proverbs 13:12). That is why we must encourage one another with words of faith and HOPE!!!

Many times when others share"words of encouragement" they can actually be discouraging. They do not mean to discourage , but their belief of what God will do for us and what we can accomplish through Christ are based on THEIR level of faith.

But believe -- "I can do ALL things through Christ" (Philippians 4:13)KJV -- That means ALL THINGS!!!

Scripture Of The Day - Soaring In His Presence

When the Lord Jesus was on the cross, He had authority to come down if He so wished. By the same token, those who are crucified with the Lord can let their old man come down from the cross if they so choose.

The best warfare to engage in against the devil is to magnify the Lord Jesus in your life. The Bible declares, "Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered..." Psalm 68:1.

Worship is the spiritual equivalent of the power of magnification. When you begin to worship, you ascend to join the Object of your adoration. If you are soaring in His presence, then you are looking down on your problems.

"Oh, magnify the Lord with me." - Psalm 34:3

If we would pray more for others, promote what God is doing through others rather than begging God for things that we want, then the Lord would begin to promote us and give us the revelation of His purpose for our life that would change our worldview.

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/9044588486?profile=original

Scripture Of The Day - Facing Our Need For Grace

Matthew 6:13 - "And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one."

There is no temptation or sin in heaven. This prayer does not imply that God wants to tempt us.
We know from James 1:13 that it is impossible for God to entice us to sin. This kind of praying is important because it requires us to face our need for grace. It helps us to align our heart with heaven -- one of absolute dependency on God.
The phrase "deliver us from evil", as it is traditionally rendered, actually means, "deliver us from the evil one." A heart modeled after heaven has great success in spiritual warfare. Jesus was able to say, "satan has nothing in me." The believer is to be completely free from all satanic influence and attachments. That is the cry voiced in this prayer.

James 4:7 - So be subject to God. Resist the devil (stand firm against him), and he will flee from you.

John 8:32 - If you abide in My word, you are truly My disciples. And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free.

Some have thought being nice was of the same essence as knowing the truth.
It is not.
We can thank our parents that we are nice but, if we would know the truth, we must seek God and be willing to obey Him.

Scripture Of The Day - The Voice Of One

In Luke 3:2 that the Word of God came to John the Baptist while he was alone in the wilderness? The programs of the "church" of that day were in full operation, yet John was called apart to be with the Lord alone.

So also today, there are those who are spiritually hungry and seeking something more, who likewise are being called apart to be alone with the Lord for a time of preparation. As a result of his being alone with the Lord, John came into a oneness with the Lord that could not have been accomplished in any other way.

When John was asked who he was, his response testifies to this experience. He said: "I am 'The voice of one crying in the wilderness: "Make straight the way of the Lord," as the prophet Isaiah said'" (John 1:23).

Each one of us should come to the place where we also could make this statement, "I am the voice of one." In 2021 there is an urgent need for this "voice" to cry out in the midst of the frustrations and perils of our present-day (see Isaiah 40:3-5). We live in a world that must have the grace and peace of God.

May it be stated of us, as it was of the disciples of old, that it is apparent that we have been with Jesus. This and only this will make the changes that must occur if we are to reach this hurting world with the message of God's redemptive, transforming grace. We must be radical reflectors of His life.

AFFIRMATIONS:

I am not designed to drift - I am designed for DESTINY.

God has called me with a holy calling, not according to my works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to me in Christ Jesus before the world began.

Since I am in Christ I am in another reality and another life altogether.

Scripture Of The Day - Making Room For Jesus

2 Corinthians 8:9 - "For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich."

Jesus never was poor. When the Bible says, Jesus became poor, it means He was poor in comparison to what He had in His heavenly home. Before Mary and Joseph went to the barn, they first went to the inn to get a room. Mary and Joseph had plenty of money to get a room at the inn. The problem was, the inn had no room for the Savior. Yes, Jesus was born in a manger, but not to teach us poverty. God was showing us that we were not making room for the Savior to be born in our lives.

Affirmations:
I MAKE ROOM FOR JESUS EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE.

THROUGH THE BLOOD THAT THE LORD JESUS SHED FOR ME, I AM ABUNDANCE.

Scripture Of The Day - Get Understanding

Exodus 16:4 - The the Lord said to Moses, "Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a day's portion every day, that I may test them, whether or not they will walk in My instruction."

This is the test of whether we will get up first thing every day and seek fresh "Manna" from heaven. This fresh daily word from heaven will help keep us fresh spiritually. When we stop gathering it every day, we will start to grow stale and often start to deteriorate.

But we need more than this to actually grow spiritually. Growth requires more than what is needed to just sustain us. We need the fresh manna from God, but we also need the meat of the word.

We will not grow unless we are pursuing more and more depth of understanding, and more increase in our vision.

1 Corinthians 2:10 - "But we know about these things because God has sent His Spirit to tell us, and His spirit searches out and shows us all of God's deepest secrets."

Proverbs 4:7 - "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding."

INTO ACTION:

What are you doing to pursue more depth of understanding?

Exodus 16:4 - The the Lord said to Moses, "Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a day's portion every day, that I may test them, whether or not they will walk in My instruction."

This is the test of whether we will get up first thing every day and seek fresh "Manna" from heaven. This fresh daily word from heaven will help keep us fresh spiritually. When we stop gathering it every day, we will start to grow stale and often start to deteriorate.

But we need more than this to actually grow spiritually. Growth requires more than what is needed to just sustain us. We need the fresh manna from God, but we also need the meat of the word.

We will not grow unless we are pursuing more and more depth of understanding, and more increase in our vision.

1 Corinthians 2:10 - "But we know about these things because God has sent His Spirit to tell us, and His spirit searches out and shows us all of God's deepest secrets."

Proverbs 4:7 - "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding."

INTO ACTION:

INTO ACTION:

Proverbs 3:5-6

I am not leaning on "my own" understanding, but I am trusting in the Lord with all my heart and acknowledging Him in my day to day affairs. I am praying with purpose by praying the Word of God and reminding myself if the promises of God. Repetition causes revelation. I just have to actively pursue the Word of God and acknowledge Him in all my ways, and He directs my path. He shows me what I need to know. Grateful for the Word of God.

Scriptures Of The Day - July 6, 2021 - Praying The Psalms

In Jesus, I take refuge and behold His face. (Psalm 11:1,7)

The Word of the Lord is as pure as silver tried in a furnace seven times. (Psalm 12:6)

I trust in Your loving kindness, my heart rejoices in Your salvation. (Psalm 13:5)

I sing to the Lord because He has dealt bountifully with me.
(Psalm 13:7)

I dwell on Your holy hill, Lord Jesus, and abide in Your tent, since You are my righteousness and I carry Your Word in my heart. (Psalm 15:1,2)

LORD, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing. You guard all that is mine. (Psalm 16:5)

The purpose you have given me is a pleasant calling, I have a most excellent heritage.
(Psalm 16:6)

I will bless the LORD who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me. (Psalm 16:7)

I know Jesus is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is dwelling in me. (Psalm 16:8)

Praise the Lord! Great is my Lord and abundant in strength; His understanding is infinite. (Psalm 147:1,5)

Scripture Of The Day - STAYING FRESH IN THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD

Philippians 4:13 says," I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ sufficiency."

As we advance forward in the glory in this season, we have to stay fresh in His strength. We can draw on and see increase in His might in our lives on a daily basis. In this flow, we will be empowered by the Holy Spirit (see Ephesians 3:16) and live in fresh strength, inspiration, joy, and confidence in the Lord.

We will be empowered by the Lord in supernatural strength in the inner person in order to believe the impossible is possible and to press through all obstacles. As we advance in our New Season we are blazing new trails in divine destiny for our lives that will impact our lives, our families, and people around us.

We must stay fresh in His strength and not become weary, giving-in to discouragement and disappointment. We must stay fresh in Him and sensitive to the Spirit of the Lord as He leads us into a new era of breakthrough that has the potential of touching the lives of others.

Scripture Of The Day - Watching Over My Land

Mark 4:26 - "So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground."

Affirmations:

I don't sit around waiting for God to produce my harvest. I find precious promises from the Word of God and plant them in my heart and in my life.

I start watching over my land (My heart and my mind) to keep it moist, watered with the Word, and free from weeds (unforgiveness doubt, fear, and discouragement).

2 Peter 1:4 - "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these you might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust."

Scripture Of The Day - Equipping The Saints

"Feed My Sheep." - John 21:17

If I love my Lord I have to FEED HIS SHEEP. There is no relief and no release from this commission. Beware of counterfeiting the love of God by working along the line of natural human sympathy.

The Spirit of wisdom gives you ability that is beyond your ability. It is the creative ability to flow in the thing He is asking you to do.

"That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him. - Ephesians 1:17

PRAYER:

Lord, make me a tabernacle for Your Spirit like the tabernacle of old. Fill me with Your Shekinah glory.

Scripture Of The Day - The Power Of Intercession

2 Corinthians 4:3,4 - “And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."

Since God doesn’t save anyone against their will, does it really do any good to pray for people who consciously refuse to receive Jesus as Lord? YES IT DOES!

Unbelievers who have purposely refused to receive Jesus as Lord think they’ve made that decision of their own free will – the truth is, they haven’t. The Word of God says they’ve been blinded by Satan. He’s Blocking their perception of the truth. So their decision hasn’t been freely made at all.

Through the prayer of intercession, you can interfere with the satanic forces and help take those blinders off! You can also change circumstances with your prayers and help create situations that will bring them in contact with the Lord. Believe when you pray and open their eyes to the glorious gospel of God.

Scripture Of The Day - Take No Thought

Matthew 6:31 - "Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?"

In order to not take thought about one thing, one has to fill his thoughts with something else. In verse 31, Jesus gave us the basic key to controlling our thought lives. He said " take no thought - saying."

By putting a thought in our mouth and then speaking it, we take that thought. Once the thought becomes spoken words, it has been activated -- especially when a born-again believer takes a thought and says it. We are the righteousness of God. We have the God-given right to speak and expect.

Scripture of The Day - TRANSFORMATIONAL POWER ENCOUNTER

Matthew 28:19 - "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations....teaching them to observe all things I have commanded you."

A young man told his pastor "I'll pursue signs and wonders when I know I have more of the character of Christ in me."

As good as that sounds, it comes from a religious mindset, not a heart abandoned to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Is it possible the reason there are so few miracles in North America is because too many before us thought they had to become better Christians before God could use them? Yes!

That single lie has kept us in perpetual immaturity because it protects us from the power encounter that transforms us. The result is we have converts trained and over trained until they have no life, vision, or ingenuity left.

Scripture Of The Day - CREATED FOR THE IMPOSSIBLE

Mark 11:13 - "And seeing in the distance a fig tree covered with leaves. He went to see if He could find any fruit on it. But when He came up to it, He found nothing but leaves for the fig season had not yet come. And He said to it, 'No one ever again shall eat fruit from you.'"

There is a message for us in the cursed fig tree. Jesus cursed it for not bearing fruit OUT OF SEASON. It died immediately.
Was He unreasonable?
Did He lose His temper?
Or was He showing us something about His expectations for our lives that we'd just as soon ignore?
He has the right to expect the fruit of the impossible from those He has created for the impossible.

Affirmations:
The Spirit of the resurrected Christ living in me has disqualified me from the mundane and ordinary.

I am qualified for the impossible, because I'm a believing Believer.

Faith qualifies me for the impossible.

Scripture Of The Day - CREATED FOR THE IMPOSSIBLE

Mark 11:13 - "And seeing in the distance a fig tree covered with leaves. He went to see if He could find any fruit on it. But when He came up to it, He found nothing but leaves for the fig season had not yet come. And He said to it, 'No one ever again shall eat fruit from you.'"

There is a message for us in the cursed fig tree. Jesus cursed it for not bearing fruit OUT OF SEASON. It died immediately.
Was He unreasonable?
Did He lose His temper?
Or was He showing us something about His expectations for our lives that we'd just as soon ignore?
He has the right to expect the fruit of the impossible from those He has created for the impossible.

Affirmations:
The Spirit of the resurrected Christ living in me has disqualified me from the mundane and ordinary.

I am qualified for the impossible, because I'm a believing Believer.

Faith qualifies me for the impossible.

Wow, what a food for thought.

Back