Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Darwin vs God Joke

jay55

One day a group of Darwinian scientists had a meeting and decided that man had come such a long way that he no longer needed God. So they picked one Darwinian to go and tell Him that they were done with Him.

The Darwinian walked up to God and said, “God, we’ve decided that we no longer need you. We’re to the point that we can clone people and do many miraculous things on our own.”

God listened very patiently and kindly to the man. After the Darwinian was done talking, God said, “Very well, how about this? Let’s say we have a man-making contest.” To which the Darwinian happily agreed.

God added, “Now, we’re going to do this just like I did back in the old days with Adam.”

The Darwinian said, “Sure, no problem” and bent down and grabbed himself a handful of dirt.

God looked at him and said, “No, no, no. You go get your own dirt!!!!”

I've read this somewhere :

"God is dead" - Nietschze

"Nietschze is dead" - God

I've heard that before, and it was meant to be humorous, but it has some serious implications if you think about it. I haven't read anything by Nietzsche, so I don't know exactly what he meant by it, but when I've heard people quote him and say that "God is dead", they invariably have meant the same thing - all the things that have been attributed to God and all the things He is supposed to have said are irrelevant to us today, because God is dead. But if we use that same logic on Nietzsche, then we see that everything he said is irrelevant, because Nietzsche is dead, and that would include the statement "God is dead". So, when people quote Nietzsche in that way, they are actually implying that the statement they are quoting is irrelevant, along with everything else Nietzsche ever said.

The TOG​

There are probably many who know nothing about him except that he said "God is dead". For some people, that's enough to make him a great man.

The TOG​

Back