Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

David Copperfield

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Firstly you say not all stage magic is based on the power of demons, then you contradict yourself by saying "that kind of magic is satans primary tool also" Secondly you make numerous connections with practicing the occult and performing magic tricks as a door to the satanic. But you seem to forget that one is for communicating with the dead or evil spirits exclusively and the other is for entertainment and fun exclusively. Thirdly you make the claim that all other religions are similar to Christianity (sorry I don't agree) if anything is similar to Christianity it's the 30 thousand different christian sect's "that have been tweaked a little bit" Fourthly you make some weird connections with magicans, occultism and adultery? Then claim those things are a detraction from real Christianity. Lastly you say that magicians don't glorify God when they do their performances. I'll just reply to that comment and say "You certainly know little about magician's"

Sorry if I was a little unclear. I said
...not all stage magic is based on the power of demons...
because it's an illusion perpetrated by deception. (it's not real magic). It's no contradiction that deception is Satan's primary tool.

...you make numerous connections with practicing the occult and performing magic tricks as a door to the satanic. But you seem to forget that one is for communicating with the dead or evil spirits exclusively and the other is for entertainment and fun exclusively...

Exactly right, and therein lies the beauty of the deception. It seems so harmless. It's just for fun & entertainment for cryin' out loud! None of it is even real magic, the real magic is probably done in secret by the devil worshipers in their secret rituals.

The harmless magic show is just tricks for the most part, but sometimes they'll (pretend) to cast a spell on a girl or audience member (ringer) for a more involved show etc., which demonstrates a distinct veer off of the path to God, into the occult. We're supposed to be being led of the Spirit and whatsoever we do, we are to do unto God.

We know very little about the spiritual realm. Only that we are to live as spiritual beings and for the Spirit. For all we know, going to a magic show opens the door into ones heart and spirit man for an evil spirit to come mess with you. Do you believe in evil spirits? I know the two extremes are worlds apart, (fun/real satanism), but I think it may just work in the same manner that Marijuana is a "gateway drug" to later use of harder drugs or whatever, the interest in magic for fun could be a gateway to the occult. It's dark themed entertainment any way you slice it so too close for comfort for me. You do what you like. I feel as if it may open doors for evil spirits.

...you make some weird connections with magicans, occultism and adultery? Then claim those things are a detraction from real Christianity. Lastly you say that magicians don't glorify God when they do their performances. I'll just reply to that comment and say "You certainly know little about magician's

Sorry if you couldn't follow my train of thought there. We are to guard our hearts with all diligence (Proverbs 4:23). We wrestle not against flesh & blood, but spirits (Ephesians 6:12). I don't think God likes magic shows (Leviticus 20:6)

^^^Cyril-san wa Jouzu desu, neh! Yoku dekimashita. Jitsu wa, watashi mo teriyaki-baaga ga dai-suki desu.

Oh, yes, how that one is done. If you look closely you can clearly see the demonic entity that inhabits the Ouijaburger board and produces food items out of thin air. 100% real. I'll bet you didn't know that demonic entities wore glasses, did you?

Oh, yes, how that one is done. If you look closely you can clearly see the demonic entity that inhabits the Ouijaburger board and produces food items out of thin air. 100% real. I'll bet you didn't know that demonic entities wore glasses, did you?

It was really nice of that restaurant to put a hole in their wall just so he could do that trick.

CrystalBallFortuneTellerSmileyHand.gif

INSANE! Demons Behind Famous Magic Tricks?
I was actually waiting for someone to bring something like this up. Here's my take...I strongly believe that demons (including Satan himself) channel through or possess many in the entertainment field, including professional magicians. But it's not peculiar to magicians; it's a cursed phenomenon that trickles in and about this particular industry (entertainment). Evil beings innervate many types of performances- dance, singing, acting (how is that not channeling?), and yes, magic. In most cases, the normal laws of physics are not being broken- the magic is still accomplished using standard sleight-of-hand methodology.

In severe cases, I even believe that Satanic contracts are involved. Any entertainer who really made it big, only to be taken before their time, would be suspect. I hate to drop names, but contractural Illumnati stuff has been suggested for some rather big names- Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Selena, Elvis Presley. A lot of passed celebs have been seen in Hell during NDEs. No way to be absolutely sure, of course, but it should make you wonder.

Are you sure your font's big enough?

Not all?
You know, I'm going to concede you a little bit here, if not for anything else other than I hate using absolutes. There were "real" magicians in the Bible, so why not today? I mean people who actually do use paranormal abilities. I don't personally know of any "real" magicians (Uri Gellar, for example, was/is a fake), but I won't come out and say they don't exist at all. There are things in this universe we don't yet understand.

You know, I'm going to concede you a little bit here, if not for anything else other than I hate using absolutes. There were "real" magicians in the Bible, so why not today? I mean people who actually do use paranormal abilities. I don't personally know of any "real" magicians (Uri Gellar, for example, was/is a fake), but I won't come out and say they don't exist at all. There are things in this universe we don't yet understand.

Okay Kevin,

I've searched You Tube and watched the explanation of the Great Wall of China, ...my question is, if Copperfield was hidden in the stairs, then how did they transport the stairs to the other side, ...you mean the Chinese built a door in the Wall to let their enemies come in, ...I kinda doubt that?

As to your explanation about the screens and the jet, maybe, maybe not, personally I doubt it is feasible in real life, the other side of the coin is it would take a lot of people to pull it off and just one disgruntled helper could blackmail Copperfield for his millions.

Here is one for you to try and explain, ...I live in Tahiti and one of the most popular tourist attractions is fire walking, the warlock builds a raging fire on top of lava stones, when the fire has burned down to just coals he leads the tourists across the glowing red coals, the bed is easily 20-25 feet long six to eight feet wide, adults and children both participate, there have been thousands upon thousands that have participated in this ritual over the years.

While I have never been to watch I know people that have and they say they couldn't stand next to the bed of rocks because of the intense heat, ...also there was a Baptist missionary pastor here that took his family to watch, he was praying against the demonic power, ...the warlock kept beating the coals with his leaves, but could not walk across, finally he stepped backed and started searching the audience, my friend said his eyes locked on his, the warlock had found the reason why he could not perform his magic.

Karl:

Great Wall: I haven't watched Copperfield's original performance in a while, so can't recall how he made it to the other side (in fact I had the same question after reviewing Valentino's explanation). If I get a chance, I'll watch the video again and see if I can come up with a theory. You can see how all the other elements add up to a reasonable scientific explanation, though, yes?

Plane: Oh, he has been ratted out, but people don't listen to the real explanation as the visual performance is all they remember. Search the internet, there's explanations of how he made the Statue of Liberty disappear also, complete with diagrams.

Fire-walking: This one also has a simple scientific explanantion. It comes down to the difference between temperature and heat. To put it into everyday terms, temperature is the degree of thermal energy, while heat is the amount. The coals they use for fire-walking are a very light, porous type. They heat up to a very high temperature, which can be measured with a thermometer, but as they have a very low density, the amount of actual heat is relatively small. It is quite possible for a human to walk barefoot quickly across such a substrate without pulling enough heat for damage to the skin.

The friend locking his eyes thing is unfortunately a rather standard "insurance" procedure. If something goes amiss and prevents the illusion from being performed, standard practice is to zero in on an outsider and claim there is a non-believer in the crowd blocking the supernatural powers.

A few years ago a rather famous "motivational speaker" experienced a notable mishap with fire-walking, an activity he featured at his seminars, I gather to promote an "I can do anything" attitude amongst his followers. His technical crew supplied the wrong type of coal for the event, more like the regular dense coal used for cooking. As I recall, several people wound up with serious burns to their feet, and I believe there was a settlement of some kind.

Karl:

Great Wall: I haven't watched Copperfield's original performance in a while, so can't recall how he made it to the other side (in fact I had the same question after reviewing Valentino's explanation). If I get a chance, I'll watch the video again and see if I can come up with a theory. You can see how all the other elements add up to a reasonable scientific explanation, though, yes?

Plane: Oh, he has been ratted out, but people don't listen to the real explanation as the visual performance is all they remember. Search the internet, there's explanations of how he made the Statue of Liberty disappear also, complete with diagrams.

Fire-walking: This one also has a simple scientific explanantion. It comes down to the difference between temperature and heat. To put it into everyday terms, temperature is the degree of thermal energy, while heat is the amount. The coals they use for fire-walking are a very light, porous type. They heat up to a very high temperature, which can be measured with a thermometer, but as they have a very low density, the amount of actual heat is relatively small. It is quite possible for a human to walk barefoot quickly across such a substrate without pulling enough heat for damage to the skin.

The friend locking his eyes thing is unfortunately a rather standard "insurance" procedure. If something goes amiss and prevents the illusion from being performed, standard practice is to zero in on an outsider and claim there is a non-believer in the crowd blocking the supernatural powers.

A few years ago a rather famous "motivational speaker" experienced a notable mishap with fire-walking, an activity he featured at his seminars, I gather to promote an "I can do anything" attitude amongst his followers. His technical crew supplied the wrong type of coal for the event, more like the regular dense coal used for cooking. As I recall, several people wound up with serious burns to their feet, and I believe there was a settlement of some kind.

Okay...., but I said they placed lava rocks in the bottom of the bed, the fire burned down to glowing red coals which settled around the rocks, leaving the hot rocks exposed, the people walked across on the hot rocks, ...no way they could of cooled down enough for people to not be burned, also the heat from the rocks and coals ignited dried leaves and coconut hulks when thrown in the bed, ...part of the act.

Okay...., but I said they placed lava rocks in the bottom of the bed, the fire burned down to glowing red coals which settled around the rocks, leaving the hot rocks exposed, the people walked across on the hot rocks, ...no way they could of cooled down enough for people to not be burned, also the heat from the rocks and coals ignited dried leaves and coconut hulks when thrown in the bed, ...part of the act.
Fine, then the underlying rocks provide the porous, low-density substrate, and the coals are the heat source. The same principle is being used, namely it's exploiting the difference between heat and temperature. As far as igniting leaves and such, these are light, flammable materials that do not need much heat to reach ignition temperature. Again, this setup provides high temp, but low heat.

It should also be noted that human bodies are composed mostly of water, a substance known to have a very high heat capacity (that's why you use it on your radiator). The water in the tissues of the volunteers actually soaks up most of the heat. The tissue cannot reach temperature higher than 100C until all the water has evaporated. They quickly walk through the burning area before that can happen.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back