Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Decision Making and the Will of God

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
In laymen terms "We are to stupid to hold a conversation with you"? Is that what you are saying there?
I make a distinction between intelligence and education. Intelligence is difficult to assess even with formal tests. Thus, I am not making any judgment on the intelligence of anyone. Education level is much easier to assess. And it's quite clear most of the people engaging in discussion on this message board are not highly educated. I can tell some, like Theofilus, have attended and probably graduated from university. I can tell most have not. Thus, I would choose "ignorant" rather than stupid.

As for the rest of the discussion in the thread, I have already stated my boredom. Hence, I will not respond to the rest of your response.

Proverbs 16:4 NLT
The Lord has made everything for his own purposes,even the wicked for a day of disaster.

Proverbs 19:21 NLT
You can make many plans,but the Lord’s purpose will prevail.

Romans 8:28 NLT
And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

Romans 9:11 NLT
But before they were born, before they had done anything good or bad, she received a message from God. (This message shows that God chooses people according to his own purposes;

I make a distinction between intelligence and education. Intelligence is difficult to assess even with formal tests. Thus, I am not making any judgment on the intelligence of anyone. Education level is much easier to assess. And it's quite clear most of the people engaging in discussion on this message board are not highly educated. I can tell some, like Theofilus, have attended and probably graduated from university. I can tell most have not. Thus, I would choose "ignorant" rather than stupid.

As for the rest of the discussion in the thread, I have already stated my boredom. Hence, I will not respond to the rest of your response.

An attitude adjustment would be in order, here.

Psalm 138:6 NLT
Though the Lord is great, he cares for the humble,
but he keeps his distance from the proud.

An attitude adjustment would be in order, here.
Not really. Take a high school ballplayer. Few will go on to be major leaguers, and those who are good enough rarely go straight from high school ball to pitching the big leagues. They need time to develop in the minors before they can play at the competitive level of the majors. It's the similar when it comes to discussion.

Not really. Take a high school ballplayer. Few will go on to be major leaguers, and those who are good enough rarely go straight from high school ball to pitching the big leagues. They need time to develop in the minors before they can play at the competitive level of the majors. It's the similar when it comes to discussion.

It is a well-balanced, open person who can converse with anyone, without arrogance getting in the way.

It is a well-balanced, open person who can converse with anyone, without arrogance getting in the way.
Agreed, but I had a specific goal coming into this particular discussion. I wanted to critique and refine my own perspective on the issue of decision making and the will of God. I have covered the surface issues. I do not wish to review them. I want to move beyond and look at the deeper issues. If those engaging in the discussion are not capable or willing to function beyond the surface, then I am not progressing towards my goal. I am wasting my time, and I might as well move on.

I do not believe God provides a special calling to all believers. I believe there is a general calling provided through the Scriptures that all believers should follow, but I consider believers with a special calling to be the exception rather than the rule. For the rest of us, I believe God expects us to participant in His general calling by applying wisdom.

To make some applications, I do not believe we need to request "God's will" on which career path we will seek. I do not believe we need "the Holy Spirit's guidance" on which church to attend. I do not believe "God speaks" to "His people" as often as His people claim to be so. I generally don't buy into the "small still voice" idea, either. I believe Christians should proceed through life with wisdom rather than seeking a special calling.

That said, I'm sure many feathers have been ruffled. Thus, respond at your leisure.

I do not think God will reveal his special will for peaple, until they have established a pattern of following Gods general will. IE you wont be called to the mission field if you still are not tithing, serving, etc.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back