Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Demonic or Biological?

Any possibility that those could be a spiritual issue?

I wonder what happens to the progeny.
(Scary nonsense)

neither those two cases look like a Photo-shop by the look of it.

However just because I think this case is a fake I know it dose happen. Polycephally
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Monstre-img_0573.jpg

There are two ways it happens First is a form of conjoined Twinning.

Or the other way is a mutation in the HOX (Homeobox) genes (Box genes are genes in early development that specify body compartmentalization) You can play around with them in flies and plants and make all number of funny looking ones.

View attachment 2286

Key for picture (Note plants are hermaphrodites so they possess male and female organs normally)

Se = Sepals (Leaf bud)
P = Petals (Modified brightly coloured leaf)
St = Stamens (Male Reproductive parts)
C = Carpels (Female reproductive parts)

A-B-C genes normally interact with each other
*A* expressed on it's own Makes Sepals
*A+B* At the same time makes the plan grow petals
*B+C* At the same time makes Male reproductive parts
*C* only makes Female reproductive parts.

I kinda think "Delta C" looks pretty as it's just an infinite amount of petals and buds growing inside itself
In this experiment they selectively deleted one or two of the genes.

With flies they've identified each of the HOX (Homeobox) genes
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/da/Hoxgenesoffruitfly.svg

Deletions or duplications of the Colour coded genes in this chart result results in the poor experimental fly requiring or loosing the coloured body part. I've seen flies with ANTp duplications before they have 4 wings and two torsos stacked ontop of one another.

DFD and SCR Duplications results in flies with multiple heads.

It dose happen of course happen sometimes naturally in humans. It's how you get people with 6 fingers and whatnot.

Thanks for the links.
There are two ways it happens First is a form of conjoined Twinning.
Or the other way is a mutation in the HOX (Homeobox) genes

The case of Siemens twins (humans) is a lot more scary.

'Assuming the pythons are real' I doubt there are snakes that naturally look like that, (talking about a specie with multiple heads - where the offspring would have multiple heads forever), and the only way it could be possible is through any of the cases 'quoted' above. Any other?

I don't know the level of success here: where mammals or animals could be 'manipulated on to become conjoined, and producing offsprings that resemble the original parent. (please, this is inhumane - i'm not supporting it). E.g is, a cow with one head is made to produce a generation with 10 heads, and the next generations would all have 10 heads.

-
If this happens naturally, then fine. The case of lab manipulations and illegal research is what I truly am against.

It dose happen of course happen sometimes naturally in humans. It's how you get people with 6 fingers and whatnot.
People with six fingers! Wow! They should be pianists! They are superior and would do wonders on pianos:lol
A friend of mine had 12 finger (six on each hand). The parents were quick to surgically remove them when he was very young. Scary? Foolish? Advantageous?

They have denied him a lot of possibilities.

But, if it has to do with, the case of a person with two heads or whatever(extreme cases), I suggest something be done (no need to leave the individual to grow up and take his/her own decisions).

very bazaar, but plausible as in co-joined twins having shared body parts or a baby having two heads at birth. I would have to say a biological phenomenon with the partially divided cells in the egg IMO.

Back