Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Did Fallen Angels Have Sex with Earthly Women?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Watching the videos.

The Paluxy tracks are not found to be credible by the science community, and even may creation scientist.

The guy in the video uses a communication technique to make him sound authoritative, but he is using a lot of supposition and [pardon the comparison] "used car salesmen" type of speech to "sell what he's wanting them to buy".

The "Italy coal mine skeleton" picture, bone of Noah, and other large skeleton are stated to be real by such speakers, but when asked to show where these skeletons ARE, . . . they have to resort to "conspiriacy theories" of them "being hidden away and out of the public eye because their reveal would prove the bible to be true and evolution wrong".

I trust you can see the problem with that sort of answer . . . as it is the same answer given by those who claim alien abduction.

Finally, for argument sake, . . . let's say that there WERE giants at one time. That in no way could ever automatically mean that angels somehow "had sex" with human women. Furthermore, just because an ancient writing states the existence of "giants", that doesn't automatically make the rest of it correct, by default.

That guy makes Billy Mays sound like a whisperer! ahahaHa

Giants are mentioned in the Bible. Would you like me to post the scripture for you?

As for angels mating with women, I have repeatedly said I am not sure about whether or not the Nephilim were men or angels. I would like some more info myself. If you're not here to add some substance to the discussion why come in here? Let's help each other learn.

" That in no way could ever automatically mean that angels somehow "had sex" with human women."

What is your interpretation then? Show us which passages have convinced you that angels definitely did not mate with the daughters of men....

I don't use scripture. . . but common sense. Unless someone would like to explain how angels have sperm that will penetrate an egg. :shrug

Last edited by a moderator:
This all being the case, Rashi, a respected Rabbi comments as such.

The Nephilim: [They were called נְפִילִים because they fell (נָפְלוּ) and caused the world to fall (הִפִּילוּ) (Gen. Rabbah 26:7), and in the Hebrew language it means giants (Pirkei d’Rabbi Eliezer , ch.22). and Targum Jonathan. הנפלים: על שם שנפלו והפילו את העולם, ובלשון עברית לשון ענקים הוא:in those days: in the days of the generation of Enosh and the children of Cain. בימים ההם: בימי דור אנוש ובני קין:and also afterward: Although they had seen the destruction of the generation of Enosh, when the ocean rose up and inundated a third of the world, the generation of the Flood did not humble themselves to learn from them. — [from Mechilta Yithro, Massechta Bachodesh 6; Sifrei Ekev \'a743] וגם אחרי כן: אף על פי שראו באבדן של דור אנוש שעלה אוקיינוס והציף שליש העולם, לא נכנע דור המבול ללמוד מהם:when…would come: They [the mothers] would bear giants like them ectly, the rebel against the Omnipresent. — [Yelammednu, Batei Midrashoth, p. 148] הגבורים: למרוד במקום:the men of renown: Heb. אַנְשֵׁי הַשֵׁם Those who were called by name: Irad, Mechuiael, Methushael, who were so named because of their destruction, for they were wiped out (מְחוּיָאֵל from נִמוֹחוּ) and uprooted (מְתוּשָׁאֵל from הוּתָּשׁוּ). Another explanation: men of desolation (שִׁמָמוֹן), who made the world desolate. — [from Gen. Rabbah 26:7]
Jeff, I don't want to get y'all off topic but have you got a link for this? I tried to google it and didn't have any luck. If I read the quote above correctly, Rashi believes in a localized flood, I personally believe in a worldwide flood and would like to read what he says.
Thanks, Westtexas :topictotopic

Aren't angels supposed to be genderless?

I mean, thus inherently unable to mate with women....
I know of no scripture that claims angels are genderless.

In fact, scripture always refers to them as "men", never "women".

Sissy, it would be UNBELIEVABLY and comically silly if they had male reproductive parts [including the daily production of sperm]. It is even unbelievable to think such a thing, would you say?

It wasn't unbelievable to the men who wanted to have sex with them at Sodom.

In fact, Jude tells us that certain angels were bound because their actions were similar to those men of Sodom ---- going after strange flesh.

Jude 1
(6) And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
(7) Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

"Unbelievable" is something many think to discredit what scripture actually says.
virgin birth - unbelievable
world wide flood - unbelievable
living 3 days in the belly of fish - unbelievable
etc.

"Unbelievable" is not in my vocabulary when reading scripture.

And then there's this:

Hebrews 13
(2) Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
Apparently, there are times we cannot tell the difference between angels and mere men.

So, to blatantly proclaim that you have knowledge of the physical limitations between angels and men is a bit presumptuous.

I know of no scripture that claims angels are genderless.

In fact, scripture always refers to them as "men", never "women".

Matthew 22.30:

For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

:o Did farouk, Alabaster, and I agree on something? :o

:waving

faint3.gif

Alabaster:

So does the thing about angels not being strictly male, make sense?

What thing? Did I miss a comment?

Angels have no gender.
Most appear as male-looking beings, but feminine-looking angels have appeared and there is an instance in scripture also, although I cannot remember where at the moment.

What thing? Did I miss a comment?

Angels have no gender.
Most appear as male-looking beings, but feminine-looking angels have appeared and there is an instance in scripture also, although I cannot remember where at the moment.

Alabaster:

What you say is what I was meaning, yes.

Matthew 22.30:

For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Nothing in this passage makes the claim that unfaithful angels which left their habitation are INCAPABLE of having offspring with earthly women.
The faithful angels in heaven do not leave their habitation to marry earthly women.
But the unfaithful angels mentioned in Jude did leave their habitation to marry earthly women.

More than likely Jude was referring to the incident based on his knowledge of the book of Enoch, which Jude mentions and even quotes from (Jude 1:14-15).

To briefly tell the story from the book of Enoch …..

Some angels were jealous that God made mates for men, but not for them.
God explained that since they were eternal and not subject to death, it was not necessary that they “replenish†by having offspring.
The earthly women were for earthly men only, because they did need to “replenish†because they were subject to death.
But the lure of woman was too great for them and they lusted after them. So, some left their heavenly habitation to take wives of the earthly women.

Compare:

1 Corinthians 15
(40) There are also celestial (heavenly) bodies, and bodies terrestrial (earthly): but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another (heteros).
Jude 1
(6) And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
(7) Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange (hetros), flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

This is what these angels (sons of God) in Genesis 6 were accused of.

feminine-looking angels have appeared and there is an instance in scripture also, although I cannot remember where at the moment.
Are you speaking of Zechariah's vision in chapter 5?

Zechariah 5
(9) Then lifted I up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork: and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heaven.

Zechariah 5
(9) Then lifted I up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork: and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heaven.

Yes, I think that may be it.

Zechariah 5

S:

Well, this is interesting...

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back