Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Did Jesus expect God to save him?

You say there is only "one" will but Jesus says "NOT MY WILL" so how can The Will of God be divided?

If someone says "Not MY Will", "BUT YOURS" that is not 1 but 2

bodhitharta said:
You say there is only "one" will but Jesus says "NOT MY WILL" so how can The Will of God be divided?

Jesus has two natures, one divine and one human. We call this the Hypostatic Union. Jesus thus had two wills, a human and a divine will. The later was also the Father's will, since there can only be one divine will - there is only one God. But the "composite" we call Jesus also had a human will. His human will naturally recoiled against what His divine knowledge was telling Him - that He must die for the sake of mankind in a cruel manner to show the love of God for man. Jesus' actions in the Garden are perfectly human and normal - and they do not contradict the Divine Will. His human will complied with His divine will in each and every case - and thus, He was glorified at the right hand of the Father.

The will of God is not divided. It is Jesus' human will that recoils at the thought of dying in such a manner.

Regards

francisdesales said:
bodhitharta said:

Jesus has two natures, one divine and one human. We call this the Hypostatic Union. Jesus thus had two wills, a human and a divine will. The later was also the Father's will, since there can only be one divine will - there is only one God. But the "composite" we call Jesus also had a human will. His human will naturally recoiled against what His divine knowledge was telling Him - that He must die for the sake of mankind in a cruel manner to show the love of God for man. Jesus' actions in the Garden are perfectly human and normal - and they do not contradict the Divine Will. His human will complied with His divine will in each and every case - and thus, He was glorified at the right hand of the Father.

The will of God is not divided. It is Jesus' human will that recoils at the thought of dying in such a manner.

Regards

So did the 100% fully Human side of Jesus expect to be saved?

bodhitharta said:
francisdesales said:
bodhitharta said:

Regards

So did the 100% fully Human side of Jesus expect to be saved?

Saved from what? Death? Of course not. He predicted His death and subsequent resurrection several times (at least) before His death. Mark's Gospel mentions it at least three times before they get to Jerusalem. No, Jesus knew He was going to die - and gave Himself up to death willingly out of love for mankind. Why would He "expect to be saved" if He willingly chose that?

As I said before, His humanity recoiled from the pain coming, but that doesn't mean He was expecting God the Father to "save" Him from that.

Regards

bodhitharta said:
francisdesales said:
bodhitharta said:
Why did Jesus ask to be saved and why did he ask why he was forsaken?

Already been covered, please read past posts.

Regards

So you believe that Jesus was simply asking amis

Asking amiss?

Have I not already detailed that Jesus foresaw His crucifixion? But when the moment came, wouldn't it be a perfectly human desire to wish for a less painful outcome? Jesus was not a masochist.

Regards

francisdesales said:
bodhitharta said:
francisdesales said:
Already been covered, please read past posts.

Regards

So you believe that Jesus was simply asking amis

Asking amiss?

Have I not already detailed that Jesus foresaw His crucifixion? But when the moment came, wouldn't it be a perfectly human desire to wish for a less painful outcome? Jesus was not a masochist.

Regards

Yes, but you said you believe that Jesus is 100% Fully Man and 100% Fully God

[

No christ wasnt trippin about the physical pain,,,it was the pain of a broken heart.....So no he did not wish for a less painful outcome.....

bodhitharta said:
NIGHTMARE said:
[

No christ wasnt trippin about the physical pain,,,it was the pain of a broken heart.....So no he did not wish for a less painful outcome.....

Who was breaking his heart?

In short,,,,the world

NIGHTMARE said:
bodhitharta said:
NIGHTMARE said:
[

Who was breaking his heart?

In short,,,,the world

Why was the world breaking his heart and how could they? Did he not know that some would reject him?

Why was he not rejoicing?

You answered your first question with your second,,,,,as for the second question,,,,yes of course Christ knew he would be rejected,,,but knowing beforehand does not take the pain away......

Rejoicing????????,,,that will come at the end of this age........

bodhitharta said:

I am getting the distinct feeling that no matter what I say, you have already decided what to think, as you ignore the vast majority of what I have written.

My patience is not endless. Try reading what i have already written and ask God to help you understand.

Regards

francisdesales said:
bodhitharta said:

I am getting the distinct feeling that no matter what I say, you have already decided what to think, as you ignore the vast majority of what I have written.

My patience is not endless. Try reading what i have already written and ask God to help you understand.

Regards

I have asked God to help me understand and you seem to want to not admit that Jesus asked to be saved and if he was God there would have been no reason to do so nor would have even asked knowing it was "his plan" Would God really forget what he himself had planned from the foundation of the world?

bodhitharta said:
I have asked God to help me understand and you seem to want to not admit that Jesus asked to be saved and if he was God there would have been no reason to do so nor would have even asked knowing it was "his plan" Would God really forget what he himself had planned from the foundation of the world?

As fully human, Jesus asked to be spared from the physical pain he was subjected to. NO, He did NOT asked to be "saved" from the Cross ! ... How many times do we have to tell you this. We are not obligated to admit to what your carnal mind cannot understand.

:naughty

Tina said:
bodhitharta said:

As fully human, Jesus asked to be spared from the physical pain he was subjected to. NO, He did NOT asked to be "saved" from the Cross ! ... How many times do we have to tell you this. We are not obligated to admit to what your carnal mind cannot understand.

:naughty

Tina,

He did ask to be saved and that was not even the question because we already know from his own words that he asked to be saved, the question was did he expect to be saved after he asked? :study :yes

bodhitharta said:
He did ask to be saved and that was not even the question because we already know from his own words that he asked to be saved, the question was did he expect to be saved after he asked? :study :yes

Whether He "expected" to be saved or not , what difference does it make , really ?
What's your point in delving on this issue over and over again ? ... If we do assume that Jesus expected to be saved , so what ? ... How exactly are you planning to use this against the authenticity of Christianity , if that is your hidden agenda ?

:shrug

bodhitharta said:

Please show me where the Scriptures say that Jesus desired to be saved from His destiny of saving mankind. I have already on several occasions told you that Jesus predicted His death AND RESURRECTION. Why would Jesus beg to be saved from THIS if He already predicted and foresaw that God would raise the Messiah from the dead? I have not heard any comment from you regarding Jesus' knowing He would rise again, nor any comment on Jesus' ENEMIES hearing that Jesus claimed He would rise again. You ignore this and keep returning to Jesus' moment in the Garden, as if this one event is supposed to disprove the rest of Christ's life and teachings...

In Matthew's Gospel, Matthew 16-17, follow the sequence. Jesus asks "who do people say that I am?" Peter answers, Jesus tells him that only the Father could tell Peter this. Than, Jesus immediately tells them He must suffer and die - only to have Peter chastise Jesus. Jesus responds by telling Peter not to think in the ways of men, but in the ways of God. Next, Jesus takes Peter to the top of the mountain and is transfigured. Jesus KNOWS He will be vindicated upon His death. He is not asking to be saved from the means by which God has chosen to show mankind His love for us.

Now, if Mohemmed had risen from the dead, then we could presume that God vindicated Mohemmed's message. However, that has not happened. Thus, we remain bound to THE Messiah sent to save mankind. We listen to HIS teachings, not Mohemmed's reversion back to the ways of man.

Regards

Back