Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Dinosaurs still roam the Earth?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Birds are basically living dinosaurs. :) Also, Crocodiles and alligators didn't evolve from dinosaurs. Reptiles arose around the carboniferous period. Dinosaurs appeared around the Triassic. :)

So, you're saying that modern alligators and crocodiles didn't descend from this?

This is the dinosaur Sarcosuchus:

Sarcosuchus_BW.jpg

Do you have a more likely candidate?

The TOG​

So, you're saying that modern alligators and crocodiles didn't descend from this?
They did descend from that species. That species however is not a dinosaur.The difference between reptilians and dinosaurs is that reptiles have one or two synapses and their leg and arm placements are on the side of the body. In dinosaurs, they usually have one or no synapses and their legs and arms are under the body.

My theory is that after Genesis 9 where man could eat meat, which did not happen until after the flood. Something like a Brontosaurus or some other terrible lizard would have become harmful to us and hunted us. So God rapidly buried them in the flood not calling them back nor letting them enter the Ark, which God bought all the animals that He wanted saved to Noah.

Sarcosuchus is not a crocodile or alligator, but is close to the line that did give rise to modern crocodiles and their kin.

Academic bum, actually. Mostly biology. I have a bachelor's in bacteriology, but enough hours in anatomy, physiology, histology, etc for a pre-med degree. I've got a master's in systems, mostly concentrating in chaotic systems and biological systems.

Nearly completed enough history for a degree. Some work in fire protection technology, haz mat, and fire investigation.

Whatever was interesting at the time. Eventually, I got married, and had to do something useful to support a family. The jobs people said "you're an ergonomist." And so I was, for about 18 years before I decided teaching was more interesting.

I've continued to study long after leaving the university. Most of what I know about biology, I've learned since then.

I'm not sure which was scarier, the T-Rex or the hairdo on the third victim (starts at 1:44).

The TOG​

i had listened in school. but i had kept my opinons to myself. and here lately lookin into things i understand the school thought view but i understand more now, and the higher power type creation makes more since to me, even, if i dont get explainations fully explained or fugured out. some things are best unsaid. some dino therorys i understand but the question i have is if Noah was to add 2 of every kind why dont we have dinos like T Rex?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back