Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Dislike for popular church music

It means nothing to me!

We aren't discussing preaching!

I suppose you don't understand that we worship in spirit and in truth. We don't need to have a common tongue to worship together and be bonded in the love of God.

one corinthians 14:15-16 kjv

What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

1Cr 14:16 Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest?

you gotta be able to understand the guy and what he is saying. for all you know you assume that he is praising God when he could doing just the opposite.

the verses there defend that position.

sing so that they understand.

now then.

all i'm saying is this God uses personaliites and all of us are different. some dance others dont.

some clap , other dont

can you actually show me where it says all must dance, sing , clap and shout?at the same time?

thus that annoying reference to uniformity.

one corinthians 14:15-16 kjv

What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

1Cr 14:16 Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest?

you gotta be able to understand the guy and what he is saying. for all you know you assume that he is praising God when he could doing just the opposite.

the verses there defend that position.
Actually they don't.

sing so that they understand.

Paul shows us that we can sing in the spirit as well as singing with understanding. Both is wonderful! A much overlooked and misunderstood verse.

now then.

all i'm saying is this God uses personaliites and all of us are different. some dance others dont.

some clap , other dont

can you actually show me where it says all must dance, sing , clap and shout?at the same time?

thus that annoying reference to uniformity.

When our worship leaders call us to do these things, they are LEADING US. We need to FOLLOW. An independent spirit about worship is not healthy to us.

David's psalms and calls to worship are sufficient teaching scriptures for us--a man who God loved dearly and who knew all about worship is the man we need to learn from.

i think if we actually saw how david worshiped and what actual hebrew dance is(its still done today in hebraic culture)we would say he's too quiet

sing with the understanding?

lets go back to the that quickly.

my old church took two elvis songs and made them gospel songs(quite annoited as well)

and you hear them in french.

and are in church,

would you assume by default that they are singing a gospel song since you can recongnise the beat or think they were in the wrong?

you cant just assume that they are wrong since you know the french language, thus my whole point.

some churches are quiet.

stovebolt's demonation doesnt use any instruments.

now them according to you they are wrong.

if you went there what you do?

best church i had was in combat,

no distractions.

I understand that USA military groups (church service) are Chaplain led by Government restricted Ceasar law, of NO Sectarian Doctrinal View Taught. Just curious if you know about music arrangements being restricted as well?

Personally speaking & off subject, yet with same Godly REQUIREMENTS of Acts 5:27-29, there is NO way that I could be a USA Chaplain. And as another stated, the Spoken Word is above music. But again, bible Worship & music are many times seperate from 'cellerbration' & the Worship service of God.

--Elijah

some churches are quiet.

There's no reason for that.

stovebolt's demonation doesnt use any instruments.

now them according to you they are wrong.

if you went there what you do?

My friend's church denomination also rejects musical instruments. There is no reason for that. I wouldn't go there.

Sure there are reasons. The Lord has His reasons for everything. :yes

Please read Ecclesiastes 3.

When our worship leaders call us to do these things, they are LEADING US. We need to FOLLOW. An independent spirit about worship is not healthy to us.
Hmm, that all depends on where one is being led. I go where the Spirit leads me. If the Spirit leads me to go in a direction contrary to the direction of worship leaders, I go the way of the Spirit. I do not see a Biblical command that demands we follow a corporate system of worship.

I do not rebuke those who take a different approach, but I will not dismiss the fact that there are as many valid styles of worship out there than there are spiritual gifts... and if one favors a more quiet and conservative approach because they are being spiritually led, who are we to say there is no reason for it?

I personally find disharmony in a seeker friendly, rock concert and party atmosphere.

I personally find disharmony in a seeker friendly, rock concert and party atmosphere.
As do I...as a matter of fact, I'll admit to being wholly prejudiced about the concept of "seeker friendly" churches. I have some pretty strong feelings that the purpose of corporate worship is for...um...WORSHIPING GOD (duh) and the equipping of the saints. We should be taking the gospel out into the world and meeting the needs of the seekers "out there" at work, in our homes, over the back fence, at the grocery store, etc. etc. etc. But, divine worship is FAMILY time.

As for the whole "rock concert" approach...nope, not for me. I am rather suspicious of the need to whip up emotions and feelings. We are to worship in spirit and in truth, not in emotions and feelings. But, that's just me. Perhaps younger people are more equipped by the "rock concert" approach. If they are being adequately taught and equipped and God is being corporately worshiped, OK.

The one thing that I will never agree with though is the "coffee shop" approach where people are getting up to get coffee and snacks during the worship service. As Paul said, you can eat at home, or drink your coffee on the way to church. I absolutely will not believe that anyone is actually engaged in worship, when they are getting up and walking over to pour out a cuppa and munching on cookies.

[B said:
When our worship leaders call us to do these things, they are LEADING US. We need to FOLLOW. An independent spirit about worship is not healthy to us.[/B]

David's psalms and calls to worship are sufficient teaching scriptures for us--a man who God loved dearly and who knew all about worship is the man we need to learn from.

Hmm I agree with the need for an uniform spirit in corporate worship, but does that necessarily mean we follow in actions when the leader call us to do something such as dance? Before you begin to call heretic let me explain from an example in my life.

Many times when the worship leader at my church calls us to clap or jump I will at first, but once we begin singing I'll stop. I don't do this out of rebellion, but I have this small problem with coordination. You see, as I begin trying to sing and perform some other action simultaneously, the other action usually begins to have problems. For example, in the case of clapping, I begin to clap off beat. Now, it is not these problems alone which have caused me to stop trying to perform multiple tasks simultaneously; rather, it is the result of these problems. Once these problems begin to occur, I begin to notice them and become distracted. At this point, my heart is not fully on God because I am trying to concentrate on doing 2 tasks at the same time. I would like to be able to just not think about it and keep going with my heart fully on God despite the problems, but the perfectionist in me will not let my mind be at ease until the "problem" is fixed. I have come to the conclusion that it is better for me to stop tying to do 2 tasks simultaneously, because my heart can then be fully on God during worship. I believe in these instances, my failure to comply to the worship leaders commands are not out of a spirit of rebellion, but are out of a realization that doing so would hinder my worship of our glorious God because of my physical inability to comply.

Hmm I agree with the need for an uniform spirit in corporate worship, but does that necessarily mean we follow in actions when the leader call us to do something such as dance? Before you begin to call heretic let me explain from an example in my life.

Many times when the worship leader at my church calls us to clap or jump I will at first, but once we begin singing I'll stop. I don't do this out of rebellion, but I have this small problem with coordination. You see, as I begin trying to sing and perform some other action simultaneously, the other action usually begins to have problems. For example, in the case of clapping, I begin to clap off beat. Now, it is not these problems alone which have caused me to stop trying to perform multiple tasks simultaneously; rather, it is the result of these problems. Once these problems begin to occur, I begin to notice them and become distracted. At this point, my heart is not fully on God because I am trying to concentrate on doing 2 tasks at the same time. I would like to be able to just not think about it and keep going with my heart fully on God despite the problems, but the perfectionist in me will not let my mind be at ease until the "problem" is fixed. I have come to the conclusion that it is better for me to stop tying to do 2 tasks simultaneously, because my heart can then be fully on God during worship. I believe in these instances, my failure to comply to the worship leaders commands are not out of a spirit of rebellion, but are out of a realization that doing so would hinder my worship of our glorious God because of my physical inability to comply.

That's not a problem! Of course it isn't rebellion when one is physically challenged.

I understand that USA military groups (church service) are Chaplain led by Government restricted Ceasar law, of NO Sectarian Doctrinal View Taught. Just curious if you know about music arrangements being restricted as well?

Personally speaking & off subject, yet with same Godly REQUIREMENTS of Acts 5:27-29, there is NO way that I could be a USA Chaplain. And as another stated, the Spoken Word is above music. But again, bible Worship & music are many times seperate from 'cellerbration' & the Worship service of God.

--Elijah

were do you guys get this stuff?

i have on fire battalion bchaplain, and also have had full fledge charismata in combat.

sure you have that wordly chaplian who is there to make money. but that is no different then the churches we see in the rest of society.

There's no reason for that.

My friend's church denomination also rejects musical instruments. There is no reason for that. I wouldn't go there.

i wonder what the chinese who have no choice would say to that. and also like vic said.

i am not confined solo charismata. never was never will.

you may disagree but i see alot of crap in charismatic circles that aint the spirit!

i see no reason to go to the city of toronto for something that i can get at home and should have.

the spirit of joy.

one doenst just laugh all the time for each and every service and call that of God.

i wonder what the chinese who have no choice would say to that. and also like vic said.
If one has limited freedom due to oppression, don't you think God gets it?

i am not confined solo charismata. never was never will.
What does this mean?

you may disagree but i see alot of crap in charismatic circles that aint the spirit!
Wow. Nice.

i see no reason to go to the city of toronto for something that i can get at home and should have.
What does this mean?

one doenst just laugh all the time for each and every service and call that of God.
What does this mean?

charismatics here in the u.s. tend to be either way out there and have no order, all about the moolah(prosperty gospel types that teach you a sinin if you aint rich)

google the toronto blessing.

its a blessing that causes the holy laughter thing for hours uncontrobally in services thus no word just laughter

i am not confined to listening to only charismatics.'

in fact i only listen to one on the radio as all others are thieves or whacked on tbn.

kp yohanlon.

listening to him is like seeing the book of acts in action.

saints raising the dead, being martyred, and also souls saved.

charismatics here in the u.s. tend to be either way out there and have no order, all about the moolah(prosperty gospel types that teach you a sinin if you aint rich)
That's labeling.

google the toronto blessing.

its a blessing that causes the holy laughter thing for hours uncontrobally in services thus no word just laughter
That is old news. That church is a wonderful Spirit-led work today. It isn't wise to spread old gossip. Satan loves it.

i am not confined to listening to only charismatics.'

in fact i only listen to one on the radio as all others are thieves or whacked on tbn.

Wow. Negative.

give this a go Hillsong seems not to lame, its a fun church service when they use the music. I generally cant stand christian music from the book store its boring.(I'll admit it) in terms of worship music I do like Hillsong music and music like it, it saved us from boredom in church. All music no matter how old was new once too.

YouTube - Hillsong - Oceans Will Part - With Subtitles/Lyrics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tblpN1IJtZk

I ususlly hear really upbeat music at church as mine is pentecostal. more so than the ones I posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen videos and been to some churches where the music is intolerable for me (the guitar, drums, vocalist, that type of setup). I see people jumping and shouting to the music, but I cannot get into it.

Music seems to be the same in almost all of the churches, so I guess I can't really worship God in this way, is that a bad thing?

Yes, I do understand what you are saying. A lot of Pentecostal Churches are like that. I have been to one or two (against my desire when I was a child and was forced to attend by my mother) and most of what they did, did not appeal to me at all. It was more emotion and very little expression of the Spirit of God. When they are not in Church hooping and hollering their lives showed little to no evidence that they were converted.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

God never intended that we all love and act the same way......we are individuals and we should be the individual we were made to be. So not all Christian music appeal to me. In fact, not all Christian music is Biblical (some love the music because the tune is catchy) or reflect the reality of who I am in Jesus.

give this a go Hillsong seems not to lame, its a fun church service when they use the music. I generally cant stand christian music from the book store its boring.(I'll admit it) in terms of worship music I do like Hillsong music and music like it, it saved us from boredom in church. All music no matter how old was new once too.

YouTube - Hillsong - Oceans Will Part - With Subtitles/Lyrics

YouTube - Shout to the Lord

I ususlly hear really upbeat music at church as mine is pentecostal. more so than the ones I posted.

Great! Our church uses Hillsong music mostly! It is anointed music. Here is the newest one our worship team is working on:

[video=youtube;au3EGgISYMc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au3EGgISYMc[/video]

Forever Reign

(Verse 1)
You are good
You are good
When there's nothing good in me
You are love
You are love
On display for all to see
You are light
You are light
When the darkness closes in
You are hope
You are hope
You have covered all my sin

(Verse 2)
You are peace
You are peace
When my fear is crippling
You are true
You are true
Even in my wandering
You are joy
You are joy
You're the reason that I sing
You are life
You are life
In You death has lost its sting

(Chorus)
Oh I'm running to Your arms
I'm running to Your arms
The riches of Your love
Will always be enough
Nothing compares to Your embrace
Light of the world forever reign

(Verse 3)
You are more
You are more
Than my words will ever say
You are Lord
You are Lord
All creation will proclaim
You are here
You are here
In Your presence I'm made whole
You are God
You are God
Of all else I'm letting go

(Bridge)
Hallelujah forever
All the glory forever
All the praise to You

My heart will sing
No other name
Jesus Jesus

Last edited by a moderator:
That's labeling.

That is old news. That church is a wonderful Spirit-led work today. It isn't wise to spread old gossip. Satan loves it.

Wow. Negative.

Its still goes in america thats why.

there are services where that is nothing but the service. just laughing(is that productive).

i havent been to those.

so warning the brethren of false doctrine is a bad thing?

really. i wouldnt advise you challenge me on what charismatics do that isnt in the bible but they say it is.

find me a verse that supports being slain in the spirit?

hmm odd not there is it.

and i do believe in that.

so can i state that you believe that any charismatic church that truly is one doesnt have errs in theology.

that just because a man or women says the spirit tells me this in the bible and cherry pics a verse. its ok.

really?

hitch is challenging us on pre-trib/pre-millenialism

when i was a babe in christ, it was hard to get the answers i wanted.

it was like , dont read the bible just believe cause i say that doctrine is that way.

thats not the apostle pauls says to do , and i have seen in charmismatic and other churches.

So, is this thread a bash charismatic Christians thread, then?

So, is this thread a bash charismatic Christians thread, then?

no, i am honest enough to admit that i and others who mean well can be WRONG.

i have seen the other side of the non-charismatics and understand why they say what they say.

i have seen some things in my old church that i now , know that wasnt of the spirit that went for a while, until the pastor stopped it

why would God stop worship(i mean heavy, hard dancing etc) to say keep doing it?

that was done for sometime in my old church.

if i buy into a doctrine i try these days not to be so set because my pastor says it is. it must be.

pastors are human and make mistakes.

my pastor and elders know that i read the word and wont take their word for it unless they back it up with a good defense

for instance.

my pastor was talking about the end times and never even mentioned verses that supported isreal's return to a nation in the last days.

just talked about it ,the six day war, the rise of the anti-christ, the balfour act.

thats fine, but what of the scriptures to support them!
i know them but my prayer partner didnt!

i told him quickly where they were.

i love my pastor, bold,honest, and teaches the world but like us all he aint perfect.

Back