Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do animals go to Heaven?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Lewis

Okay folks it is time again, I have some new articles on this Animals going to heaven thing. I know people personally that seem to think that they do. And I know some people who will flat out tell you no. Now over the years we have talked about this here, but you know me, now I have found some new articles on the subject.

Do animals go to Heaven?
http://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions/do-animals-go-heaven

Do Animals Have Souls?
Will We See Our Pets in Heaven?
http://christianity.about.com/od/whatdoesthebiblesay/f/animalsinheaven.htm

Clarifying Christianity

Do Pets Go To Heaven?
http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/pets.shtml

Last edited:
Isaiah 11:6 suggests that maybe animals will be on the new earth. I'm not sure about heaven though.

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. Isaiah 11:6 KJV

Isaiah 11:6 suggests that maybe animals will be on the new earth. I'm not sure about heaven though.

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. Isaiah 11:6 KJV
Yup don't you see my signature up there with the star of David the lion is laying down with the lamb.

So when a snake dies, it goes to heaven ? What use would we have for a snake to be up in heaven ?

No, I don't believe animals go to heaven. It sure would be nice if they did, but unfortunately I don't believe that that's the case.

TRINITY>GOD>SATAN>MAN>WOMAN>ANIMALS

No where in the Bible are Animals found as pets. Caring for an animal is one thing, bowing down and treating it like a human member of your family is another.

Farmers "care" about their livestock. This is evidenced in the parable of the 99 sheep.

There are zero cats in the Bible and dogs are usually spoken of in a negative light and not a positive. Even a dog has a use to a man - to protect sheep from wolves. Or to bark an alert the owner of intruders?

I notice that all animals in the Bible (when domesticated) seem to have a purpose that serves man. Usually Livestock, but even the Lions in the lion's den of Daniel had a purpose.

When a man domesticates an animal he takes responsibility for the animal as its owner.

Proverbs 12:10 "A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel" (Ever heard of cow tipping?)

But according to Jesus in Mathew 6:26 the heavenly father feeds the birds (animals). Suggesting that wild animals are taken care of by God, but when one enslaves an animal into bondage they become the owner and assume responsibility. Dog on a chain, fish in a bowl, bird in a cage, etc.

The Bible says man has dominion over all the animals -

Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

Elevating animals to human status is the perversion of the modern world. And it is inordinate affection. (colossians 3:5) Which could also be applied to many other things of this world like gadgets or "stuff"

1 John 2:15 "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him."

The modern world perverts the status of animals, in much the same way as it perverts women over men.

In heaven I imagine that animals are the last of our concerns. And they do not play into earthly or heavenly salvation.

No where in the Bible are Animals found as pets. Caring for an animal is one thing, bowing down and treating it like a human member of your family is another.

Farmers "care" about their livestock. This is evidenced in the parable of the 99 sheep.

There are zero cats in the Bible and dogs are usually spoken of in a negative light and not a positive. Even a dog has a use to a man - to protect sheep from wolves. Or to bark an alert the owner of intruders?

I notice that all animals in the Bible (when domesticated) seem to have a purpose that serves man. Usually Livestock, but even the Lions in the lion's den of Daniel had a purpose.

When a man domesticates an animal he takes responsibility for the animal as its owner.

Proverbs 12:10 "A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel" (Ever heard of cow tipping?)

But according to Jesus in Mathew 6:26 the heavenly father feeds the birds (animals). Suggesting that wild animals are taken care of by God, but when one enslaves an animal into bondage they become the owner and assume responsibility. Dog on a chain, fish in a bowl, bird in a cage, etc.

Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

Elevating animals to human status is the perversion of the modern world. And it is inordinate affection. (colossians 3:5) Which could also be applied to many other things of this world like gadgets or "stuff"

1 John 2:15 "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him."

The modern world perverts the status of animals, in much the same way as it perverts women over men.

In heaven I imagine that animals are the last of our concerns. And they do not play into earthly or heavenly salvation.
Good stuff :thumbsup

I agree with Lewis , Good post. :yes

http://christianity.about.com/od/whatdoesthebiblesay/f/animalsinheaven.htm
n the past few decades, scientists have proven beyond any doubt that some species of animals possess intelligence. Porpoises and whales can communicate with other members of their species through audible language. Dogs can be trained to do relatively complex tasks. Gorillas have even been taught to form simple sentences using sign language.

Animal rights activists point to this intelligence to claim that all creatures have equal rights to life and to certain treatment. Some activists even bristle when someone says they own a pet. They prefer the term "caretaker.

Nope not snakes nope nope... nor spiders most assuredly not spiders... Just kitties and puppies not even dogs and cats...

Animal rights activists point to this intelligence to claim that all creatures have equal rights to life and to certain treatment. Some activists even bristle when someone says they own a pet. They prefer the term "caretaker.
Wow they don't even want you to call them a pet anymore. Now that is pure lunacy

Lewis, I think your first link is the best.

But this from your second link is profound:

"Parson," she said, tears streaming down her cheeks, "the vicar said animals have no souls. My darling little dog Fluffy has died. Does that mean I won’t see her again in heaven?"

"Madam," said the old priest, "God, in his great love and wisdom has created heaven to be a place of perfect happiness. I am sure that if you need your little dog to complete your happiness, you will find her there."

If you read it slowly, you will see my point.

:tongue frogs are fun

That's 1 frog.

125476376393212925001101197_ThreeHeadedFrog.jpg

Are there animals in Heaven?

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. Rev 19:11

John saw Jesus riding on a horse.

And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. Rev 19:14

And he saw us riding on white horses too.

Do animals have a soul, the Word says they have a spirit and my cat definitely has a soul with which she shows her emotions.

Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth? Ecc 3:21

:twocents

Lewis, I think your first link is the best.

But this from your second link is profound:

"Parson," she said, tears streaming down her cheeks, "the vicar said animals have no souls. My darling little dog Fluffy has died. Does that mean I won’t see her again in heaven?"

"Madam," said the old priest, "God, in his great love and wisdom has created heaven to be a place of perfect happiness. I am sure that if you need your little dog to complete your happiness, you will find her there."

If you read it slowly, you will see my point.
Dogs have souls, they don't have a spirit

Nope not snakes nope nope... nor spiders most assuredly not spiders... Just kitties and puppies not even dogs and cats...
But, until I married I loved to play with snakes, it freaked my mother out but so did the Daddy Long Legs, the Wolf Spider on my shoulder and the day I walked in with the teeth of two lizards, one on each side, clamped on to my ears for man ear rings. Reptiles and snakes are fun.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back