Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do girls want their boyfriends to smoosh spiders for them?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
D

Dave Slayer

Do girls want their boyfriends to kill spiders for them? Are guys wimps if they don't?

If they do, there out of luck with me! I won't do it. I been in animal rights /Welfair for 20 years. I won't even swat flys! I have a device that catches them and I just take them outside and release them.

You are NOT a "wimp" for not killing another living thing.

As a matter of fact, I'll go so far as to say your more of a man for catching them and releasing them, then to just take the easy way out and .. "smooshing" them. :naughty

Not to be rude, but are you serious or making a play off of the way PETA Responded to President Obama earlier this month?

No, I was serious . Like I said. I have been into animal rights for 20 years..... Now looking at what I said I can see what you were thinking LOL. But I didn't give that a thought. I don't swat flys.. or bees.. on anything else.
This is how I am. Now, I once was a PETA activist. I still support what PETA does, but I am not a member anymore. I still do belong to the ASPCA, Defenders of Wildlife, HSUS & the IFAW though.

John

If there happened to be a huge spider or cockroach in my bedroom, I would appreciate if a guy would take care of it (not necessarily smash it, just relocate it to the backyard.) If the guy refused, I wouldn't consider him a wimp, but I would be slightly annoyed because then I'd have to do it myself, and let's just say that, after an experience I had earlier this month, I wouldn't be too keen on that idea.

Actually I'm a girl and I would probably catch it and take it outside before any boy could smash it haha. It would hurt my feelings...I just have a soft spot for creatures and animals in general haha. When I was three I caught my first Tarantula ;p

Wow, and here I thought I was the only one who felt bad for the insects that get squished all the time.
I usually take spiders and insects outside when I see them...which is awful for me because I hate bugs, especially spiders.

Reido said:
Wow, and here I thought I was the only one who felt bad for the insects that get squished all the time.
I usually take spiders and insects outside when I see them...which is awful for me because I hate bugs, especially spiders.

haha yeah :tongue When I was little, I caught a lizard in my second grade class and they wanted me to throw it away...I couldn't believe that... lol. It made me pretty angry.

Darthvicky6 said:
haha yeah :tongue When I was little, I caught a lizard in my second grade class and they wanted me to throw it away...I couldn't believe that... lol. It made me pretty angry.

I love lizards! :)
I only wish they were more into cuddling and being pet. :shrug

Dave Slayer said:
Do girls want their boyfriends to kill spiders for them? Are guys wimps if they don't?

L O L xD I smash nasty bugs for myself if they're in my way. It's not like your boyfriend can come running to your house or wherever for every bug you find!

No, and no.... the only time I have given permission for some poor creature being killed by my man (ex-husband) was when we found a copperhead snake in our garden here in Australia. These snakes kill. There were children and dogs playing nearby, the wildlife catchers were unavailable and the animal sanctuaries were closed. We had no safe way of keeping the snake so it had to go... I felt terrible about it.

I am a grade-A pansy...
I can't do bugs, cockroaches, moths, anything...
So when I find the "right one" she will need to be OK with bugs, cause when the kids come running in the bedroom screaming about a moth on the wall, I'm grabbing the shotgun, and staying in bed, to defend myself against the evils of moths, and my wife will need to do the squishing...

I wish I were kidding....

Wow. This thread=wow. Haha.

Of course girls expect their boyfriends to smoosh bugs for them.
Personally, if a guy doesn't have the guts to smoosh a spider for his lady, then he shouldn't even be with her. Just my opinion is all.

Spartan_029 said:
I am a grade-A pansy...
I can't do bugs, cockroaches, moths, anything...
So when I find the "right one" she will need to be OK with bugs, cause when the kids come running in the bedroom screaming about a moth on the wall, I'm grabbing the shotgun, and staying in bed, to defend myself against the evils of moths, and my wife will need to do the squishing...

I wish I were kidding....

I think moths are cool. They're all fluffy and cute looking...

Anyway, the op is of the mindset that all women are afraid of bugs. The only bugs that get to me are centipedes, and when they bug me I don't get scared and ask my boyfriend to smoosh it, I go Rambo on it. XD

Blazin Bones said:
Silence, what about a guy with arachnipobia? Should they just not get married? :confused ;)

Yes! No marriage until you get cognitive therapy to dash the phobia! ;)

NoMoreSilence said:
Wow. This thread=wow. Haha.

Of course girls expect their boyfriends to smoosh bugs for them.
Personally, if a guy doesn't have the guts to smoosh a spider for his lady, then he shouldn't even be with her. Just my opinion is all.
you see, I have an irrational phobia of bugs, with Moths and Cock Roachs topping the list that I am afraid of.

I see this and treat it as any other phobia, where other men can pick up a roach and be fine, I can skip along a cliff, or be in enclosed space for an extended period of time. Some guys are afraid of other things, and some, like me, are afraid of bugs, that's just how it is.

i smash bugs as my wife will smash me if i fail to do so. I guess we should kill those maggots then either. ever seen the inside of garbage truck on a hot summer day and or after a few days rain.

You'll never look at rice the same. Those things bite.

I'm all for treating living things with respect... and I normally catch and release spiders if I have any choice in the matter.... except when I find brown recluses up here... those little boogers are WAY too fast and aggressive... soon as you have them on anything, they bolt RIGHT toward you... so they get flushed, and I do this: :lol (squinty eyes and all)

... however... honestly? extending "Animal rights" to bugs? We should respect all living things... but what was God's FIRST commandment after Noah got off the Ark? God said "See all those things you saved? They are for eating. I don't personally LIKE smooshing bugs... but if I smooshed a bug and someone threw a fit about it... I guarantee they're getting a wedgey.

And probably a slap to the face. Not a "hard slap" like an upset woman trying to inflict pain. No... just enough contact to be derogatory. :salute

Well I'll tell you the truth, if someone kills something in front of me, it really does bring tears to my eyes...I can't help it. I mean, unless the animal or bug is harmful or deadly, then at least try to save it before you have to kill it. Humans always should come first, but only in the matter of life or death. Bugs are living things too, and just because they are smaller, and cannot reason and speak like we can, doesn't mean they deserve to die. Spiders actually help your house, they make a wed in a corner or something and keep other more pesky bugs out of the house. Why would you want to kill something that's trying to help you? I think we've grown up in a society where kids are taught if it crawls, you have the right to stomp on it because it inflicts fear. Its a learned fear too, because not everyone is afraid of them. But what is really so frightening about them? I never understood that... and really, what gives us the right to kill bugs because they simply exist? I caught a tarantula at 3. I started catching bees and wasps in my hands at like 8 or 9. I'll pick up and play with just about anything...although I'm not idiotic, and I know when to stop.

All I'm saying is, God made bugs for a reason, and we really have no authority to treat a lesser species with no respect (unless of course they are harmful or deadly), is that what God would want?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back