Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do I have to be a Calvinist to be one of the Elect?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
For Gods so had mercy on every single person that He gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in should have everlasting life.
But that is not what it says in the Greek.

ESV
Joh 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

New Living Translation
16 “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

That word "whosoever" and "everyone" is that little Greek word pas. It is translated 748 times in the KJV as ALL.

It is basically saying: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that all the believing ones shall not perish but have eternal life.

People jump on that translation "whosoever" as if it means "every single human being by free will" They make it look like this:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that every single human being by free will believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Not the Father of Jesus Christ. He loves the whole world and gave his one begotten son.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world (kosmos) that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 17:9 I pray for them. I am not praying for the world (kosmos), but for those you have given me, for they are yours.

Funny that Jesus would not pray for what the Father loves.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world (kosmos) that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 17:9 I pray for them. I am not praying for the world (kosmos), but for those you have given me, for they are yours.

Funny that Jesus would not pray for what the Father loves.
The world of people He didnt pray for, He didnt Love nor die for.

But that is not what it says in the Greek.

ESV
Joh 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

New Living Translation
16 “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

That word "whosoever" and "everyone" is that little Greek word pas. It is translated 748 times in the KJV as ALL.

It is basically saying: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that all the believing ones shall not perish but have eternal life.

People jump on that translation "whosoever" as if it means "every single human being by free will" They make it look like this:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that every single human being by free will believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
So your position is while God loved the whole world that He gave his only begotten son, he did not at the same time have mercy on these people when He did so?? Think about it

Last edited:
So your position is while God loved the whole world that He gave his only begotten son, he did not at the same time have mercy on these people when He did so?? Think about it
I don't have to think about it. It is simple.
Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

God so loved the creation, that He send His Son to redeem all those He desired to have mercy upon, and thus, the whole creation is redeemed.

Romans 8:19 For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

Back