Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do I have to be baptised and partake in the eucharist?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not go to hell, but we should be obedient to such commands and there is no reason to not do them.

Will I go to Hell if I transgress of these requirements?

The problem here is that in modern times there is an increasing move towards rewriting Christianity into a set of religious beliefs and practices (or lack thereof) that are foreign to its original foundations.

Whether or not one goes to Hell over such things is actually skirting what might be the bigger issue. Those practices you mentioned were ordained by the Lord for a specific purpose, as both teach exceedingly great truths in the Christian religion that needed to be lived out in real life.

Granted, if one observes the ceremonies but does not live out the spiritual realities, this is a prostitution of what God intended. But those who intend to live out the realities usually have no problems engaging in the practices they were to serve as reminders of.

Absolutely not! The only requirement is that you believe that Jesus died for your sins. Baptism and the eucharist are rituals only.
What about...

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day"

What about...

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day"
What about "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son."

and "Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?” Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.” John 6:28-29

and John 6:35-40, "Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

It is clear that Jesus is talking symbolically, but if you believe that you must partake of Jesus' symbolic body and blood by eating bread and drinking wine -- the eucharist -- to have eternal life then do so.

and John 6:53-59, "Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum."

Whether it is required for participation in Holy Communion, either way, as a proclaiming Christian, it is something that should be done. Even Jesus was baptized therefore so shall I. Jesus also said, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned."
Mark 16:15-16 NKJV

Whether it is required for participation in Holy Communion, either way, as a proclaiming Christian, it is something that should be done. Even Jesus was baptized therefore so shall I. Jesus also said, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned."
Mark 16:15-16 NKJV
Great. I'm going to Hell.

I'm worried I'll dissapoint God by participating in a pseudo-pagan blood drinking ritual
YOU'RE BREAKING TOS 1.5
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM FLAMING LANGUAGE.
USE LOVE IN DISCUSSION.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST IN THIS THREAD.
IF NECESSARY USE TALK WITH STAFF.

THANKS.

What about "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son."

Believing includes obeying.
Do you believe and obey Jesus when he said:
“This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me.”
“This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.”
(1 Cor 11:25 & 25)

It is clear that Jesus is talking symbolically

Not clear at all. This is following the pattern of Satan's querying of God's words in Eden (Gen 3)

Jesus didn't say this symbolically represents. He said is.
Paul wrote "Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of profaning the body and blood of the Lord."
Are you profaning symbols or is Paul referring to a symbolic profaning?

At some point in their progression as Christians they will choose to get baptized. It is just a step we take in pressing on to maturity. Only spirit anointed Christians are in the new covenant, and therefore are the only ones to partake of the bread and wine in obedience to Jesus' command.

Hell is a misunderstood word which is the same as grave, and everyone who dies goes there as did Jesus and await a resurrection. Would be happy to give more information on that if you desire maam.

At some point in their progression as Christians they will choose to get baptized. It is just a step we take in pressing on to maturity. Only spirit anointed Christians are in the new covenant, and therefore are the only ones to partake of the bread and wine in obedience to Jesus' command.

Not true - but to pursue this would just turn this thread in to another baptism thread.

Hell is a misunderstood word which is the same as grave, and everyone who dies goes there as did Jesus and await a resurrection. Would be happy to give more information on that if you desire maam.

Again not true. Hell is not another name for the grave.
Death is a separation of body and soul.
Bodies go into graves.
Souls (some) go to into hell.

Hell is a misunderstood word which is the same as grave

54, I would assume the Spirit of God has already warned you about this, possibly several times, but it deserves reminding you again: You will have blood on your hands in eternity for teaching this. The Jehovahs Witnesses teach a mountain of doctrinal error, but the above may be one of their most egregious. You will not be worthy of Heaven if you spent your lifetime sending people to Hell by teaching the lie that it didn't exist.

And no, I'm not anymore interested in getting into a debate with you on it in this thread than Mungo was about baptism. That's just another trick you guys are trained to employ in order to keep spreading more heresy. Just understand, I have seen the Jehovahs Witnesses corrupt and destroy Christian communities elsewhere, and if you keep peddling this nonsense here you are going to be met with greater and greater rebukes for it.

Hidden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back