Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do I need to accept Christ as my Lord & Savior? Why?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Slydell said:
I'm having problems accepting the fundamental issues that make up the foundation of your message, and unless they can be addressed, I don't see us getting anywhere.

(Extra Deleted)

Yes, let's assume for the sake of argument that passive "rejection" does warrant you a death sentence in Hell. Can you honestly say if you were sitting in the ever activated electric chair of Hell, screaming, crying to Jesus for repentance, bowing with every muscle that still functioned, begging for repentance, that your own Father would stand by and watch? What, he doesn't have the key to shut the thing off? The creator of all Heavens has no method or will to save you from that eternal fire you've condemned yourself to?

You said that you have "problems accepting the fundamental issues that make up the foundation" of my message. Does that mean that I'm not being clear to you or that you don't understand fully what I'm saying or that I'm not giving you a big enough picture?

There will be no one in hell begging for repentance because repentance is what people reject because people do not want God to have a claim on their life. If you look at the Rich Man in the Gospel, he doesn't get it because he wants to order Lazarus to get water for him and nothing has changed in the Rich Man's life.

The argument "What about those who have never heard?" is no good because God has other fair ways of judging people and begs the question that we deserve anything in the first place. The argument ignores the fact that God is and can be merciful and He is just. God will care about the person who has never heard and will reveal Himself to those like Abraham who have never heard before.

Sothenes said:
There are a couple of scriptures.

John 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

I can't see that this one is relevant.

Sothenes said:
John 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

This doesn't say that the indivudal will judge himself.

DivineNames said:
Sothenes said:
There are a couple of scriptures.

John 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

I can't see that this one is relevant.

Sothenes said:
John 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

This doesn't say that the indivudal will judge himself.

Jesus said, 'whom do men say that I am"? How you judge Jesus affects your salvation so you are judging yourself based upon how you judge Jesus. If you accept Him, He accepts you but if you reject Him, He rejects you. It is based on your choice so what you do with Jesus determines where you spend eternity so when you judge Jesus what you are doing is judging yourself.

Sothenes said:
How you judge Jesus affects your salvation so you are judging yourself based upon how you judge Jesus. If you accept Him, He accepts you but if you reject Him, He rejects you. It is based on your choice so what you do with Jesus determines where you spend eternity so when you judge Jesus what you are doing is judging yourself.

Whether you choose to steal, or not to steal, affects how you are judged in this world. But that doesn't change the fact that it is a judge that sends you to prison. Of course, in a way, you could say, "the criminal sent themselves to prison". But anyway, is this example the same as with God sending people to hell? Yes/No? If not, what is the difference?

DivineNames said:
Sothenes said:
How you judge Jesus affects your salvation so you are judging yourself based upon how you judge Jesus. If you accept Him, He accepts you but if you reject Him, He rejects you. It is based on your choice so what you do with Jesus determines where you spend eternity so when you judge Jesus what you are doing is judging yourself.

Whether you choose to steal, or not to steal, affects how you are judged in this world. But that doesn't change the fact that it is a judge that sends you to prison. Of course, in a way, you could say, "the criminal sent themselves to prison". But anyway, is this example the same as with God sending people to hell? Yes/No? If not, what is the difference?

The difference is that a criminal could have entered Noah's ark and could have been saved. No one kept criminals or unbelievers out of the ark. Jesus says he judges no one and you are free to come to God and what you do with Jesus determines whether you enter into Jesus' ark or not. Enter in before the doors close because we told you what is going to happen and it is now your choice.

Sothenes said:
The difference is that a criminal could have entered Noah's ark and could have been saved. No one kept criminals or unbelievers out of the ark.

How is that a difference? Are you saying that people don't have a choice when it comes to stealing?

Looks like we've got two different discussions going on at once here. I'll continue with mine:

Sothenes said:
There will be no one in hell begging for repentance because repentance is what people reject because people do not want God to have a claim on their life.

So you're saying that people like me, who have every intention of letting God have a claim on our lives, but don't do it in the formal ways you speak of, will get to Hell and say "Ah, yeah, this is what I really wanted"?

I get the feeling it's a big problem of misunderstanding. There are many people in this world who do not understand the message you are preaching. But I do not get the feeling that many of them will actually go out of their way to "reject" God, and that if they got to Hell, that any of them would say "Yep, been lookin' forward to this… all Godless and everything. Yup, this sure is the life… *shriek*". I'm not trying to mock you or anything (I'm sorry if it comes across that way), but can you really say the poor souls who end up in Hell would want to stay there? That they would feel absolutely no motivation to change their mind? That God would have no motivation whatsoever to honor such a request?

I realize this is probably a difficult question to answer… especially since the implications behind what I'm saying threaten the very existence of the church, so I'm sure there must be a well-secured reason to explain why I'm wrong. But nobody seems to be able to tell me what that is.

Slydell,
After reading all of your posts, it really seems that we have a nomenclature issue here mixed with a tad of rebellion. Is this a correct statement on my part?

I say this because with a lot of your posts, it sounds like you have accepted Christ, but not in the “Normal†way as you have mentioned interpretation many times and in your last post you state that you are letting God have claim on your life. Is this right or am I reading to much into your words here? Please clarify.

That aside, you really are concerned about hell and the state of others in the afterlife. Know that what you hold is a great characteristic and I hope you never loose that inner hope and compassion for those around you.

But as far as your last statement, what do you know about sin and those headed for hell? Let me ask you. Do you know anyone that does not take responsibility for their own actions? Do you know anyone that thrives in chaos? How about somebody that holds anger as power in their back pocket waiting for an opportunity to pounce on an un expecting victim? Pride is a horrific stumbling block for many and sometimes that pride when manifest into pure sin can feed our anger, remorse, guilt etc. Sometimes all these things become false power for some and they really don’t want any other way of life because they have been mired in sin for so long as it feeds their never ending thirst. Now, I don’t think I’m making all this up and I could pull out example after example in the OT and the NT because everyone is guilty of sin. However, what really matters is how we respond. We have two choices, listen to the His calling or listen to our own. It really is that simple and sadly, there are many that enjoy their misery and as the old saying goes, misery loves company.

Don’t forget also that salvation comes in this lifetime as I believe that the kingdom of heaven starts from within. John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
If we look at this verse, take note of the word dwelt. You see, before the word was made flesh, He hovered above the mercy seat in the tabernacle starting with Moses after the Israelites built their golden calf and God decided he wouldn’t be among them any longer. So you see, God can turn his face from those that do not listen to him. (2 thess 1:9).
Or he can dwell within us at this very moment (Ephesians 3:17, Colossians 3:16, 1 John 4:13). So, that being the case, what is more important? How we live today or the consequences of our actions tomorrow? We can have pity of those that are blinded in sin and we should in my opinion, but we should focus on giving our lives to do Christ’s will and in doing so, perhaps we can change the lives of not only our wretched state, but we can impact those around us in a manner that enhances their current state which will in effect alter the state to come in the next life. My point to all this? Don’t focus so far forward that we loose the work we can do today. Know what I mean? I’m not saying to abandon your compassion for those heading for hell, what I’m saying is to use the light within you to redirect their lives to salvation right here on good ole earth as heaven knows there are enough troubles each and every day.

So you see, when you stated that you really don’t think that others would openly reject God, I think that the tenderness for others that you carry has the potential to blind you to the reality of those around you. Now, that’s not a bad thing; actually I think it’s a good thing. Personally, I don’t want to see anyone go to hell either but I don’t want to be blind to what scripture says either. It would be nice to believe that everyone would go to heaven, but sadly, I just can’t find supporting scripture as a whole to support this idea as I have looked.

Enough said and sorry for the book. I figure that I’ll just have time to check the board in Atlanta between flights and then that’s it for who knows how long before I’ll get time to get back online.

I hope that God will continue to reveal himself to you. You’re a smart kid and your parents should be proud.

Jeff

After reading all of your posts, it really seems that we have a nomenclature issue here mixed with a tad of rebellion. Is this a correct statement on my part?
G-uuh.... perhaps. I've never attributed this to rebellion before but there's a chance you're on to something. I think really it's just that I have difficulty accepting that which I don't understand, which makes me pretty stubborn.

I say this because with a lot of your posts, it sounds like you have accepted Christ, but not in the “Normal†way as you have mentioned interpretation many times and in your last post you state that you are letting God have claim on your life. Is this right or am I reading to much into your words here? Please clarify.

Well that sure is reassuring. The reason I'm here is because I feel by many definitions, I have "accepted Christ" (though there are different interpretations which, as I've said, make very dramatic differences). I've been wondering what the general consensus is on whether or not I "qualify" (which really is a horrible word). So far it's been mixed results.

Yes I feel I'm letting God have claim over my life - I have no disputes in that. But many Christians seem to interchange letting God have claim over your life and accepting Jesus as your personal savior and Lord - something I see as two very different things.

That aside, you really are concerned about hell and the state of others in the afterlife. Know that what you hold is a great characteristic and I hope you never loose that inner hope and compassion for those around you.

Thank you for the compliment. I'm going to debate this, though. I don't feel as though I am concerned about Hell or the state of others in Hell. The reason is that, as I've illustrated, I don't feel it can possibly exist as it is suggested in the bible. I believe that people who fear they are destined for Hell will experience Hell - but I cannot possibly accept that God would refuse us the chance to turn back from within there if we happened to end up there. I wrote about this topic much better in an earlier post, however, so I won't reiterate myself too deeply.

But as far as your last statement, what do you know about sin and those headed for hell?

You mean biblically? Well, I'm not sure. I've told you everything I think I know and I think it was Sothenes who basically told me I was flat out wrong (I'm curious what the correct answer is, though), but as far as I know I have a correct interpretation ;). I've expressed everything I believe about Hell in this topic already, so I think you're in a better position to judge whether my understanding is properly biblical or not.

Don’t forget also that salvation comes in this lifetime as I believe that the kingdom of heaven starts from within. John 1:14

Yes, I agree with you there. It's a beautiful verse. :)

So you see, God can turn his face from those that do not listen to him. (2 thess 1:9).

I wouldn't say he turns his face, rather that you need to accept a gift in order to receive, which I believe is the message here.

How we live today or the consequences of our actions tomorrow?

I would say the consequences of our actions tomorrow, by all means. "Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant." (Robert Louis Stevenson).

We should focus on giving our lives to do Christ’s will and in doing so, perhaps we can change the lives of not only our wretched state, but we can impact those around us in a manner that enhances their current state which will in effect alter the state to come in the next life.

Sounds good to me. That's my life goal.

My point to all this? Don’t focus so far forward that we loose the work we can do today. Know what I mean? I’m not saying to abandon your compassion for those heading for hell, what I’m saying is to use the light within you to redirect their lives to salvation right here on good ole earth as heaven knows there are enough troubles each and every day.

You mean living in the present? Yes - I'll agree with that. It's a delicate balance of looking towards the future without living solely in the future, and I believe I'm aware of that, which I feel is the first step to ensuring it happens.

I hope that God will continue to reveal himself to you. You’re a smart kid and your parents should be proud.

Thanks for all your help, Jeff. :)

Slydell said:
I would never go as far as to say that God is "unable" or "incompetent" to complete any task. I believe what it boils down to is that if he were to consistently intervene in our lives in Godly ways (I'm talking like having bibles fall out of the sky or something ridiculous) that that violates our free will. That Earth is a place built for humans, and God is going to let us do as we please. But I think most people here already agree with that, so I won't spend time discussing it (though if anyone disagrees, feel free to bring it up again).

First, you are assuming that "god intervenes in our lives" and "we have free will" are mutually exclusive statements. This is an entire debate on its own; I won't get into it here, but I will say that there are many who would disagree with you and state that these two are not mutually exclusive.

Secondly, even if we decide that these two statements are mutually exclusive, it is possible that god is not bound by the laws of logic. He could, were this the case, perform two mutually exclusive actions even though this is (by definition) impossible by the laws of logic. This is, again, another entire debate on its own.

I'm just attempting to point out some of the assumptions inherent in your argument. I see at least two here, and a closer reading may reveal more. :)

StoveBolts said:
Novum said:
Why do you say that it would be fruitless?

Perhaps that was the wrong attitude on my part? While some of your posts are thought prevoking, you seek an agenda that I have not had the desire to debate.

Well, now you've got me really intrigued. :) What agenda do you believe I am seeking?

DivineNames said:
Sothenes said:
The difference is that a criminal could have entered Noah's ark and could have been saved. No one kept criminals or unbelievers out of the ark.

How is that a difference? Are you saying that people don't have a choice when it comes to stealing?

No one is forced to steal unless their friends force them to and a person can still disobey.

Sothenes said:
DivineNames said:
Sothenes said:

No one is forced to steal unless their friends force them to and a person can still disobey.

Nonsense. Poverty is an enormous, widespread problem that certainly causes crime like stealing. No "friends" involved.

Novum said:
StoveBolts said:
Novum said:
Why do you say that it would be fruitless?

Perhaps that was the wrong attitude on my part? While some of your posts are thought prevoking, you seek an agenda that I have not had the desire to debate.

Well, now you've got me really intrigued. :) What agenda do you believe I am seeking?

Well Novum, we all have something we want to share with somebody else or we wouldn't be here now would we? The topic, motive and even the focus might vary but we all have a belief that we are trying to learn more about or interact with others to gain a better understanding of or some just even want to bully their opinion... I'm not saying your any of these, but I will say that I really would rather spend my time learning about what I want to learn about and I really don't want to defend myself to sombody that believes the opposite of what I believe.

I mean, c'mon, what do you expect from me? Are you really expecting me to try and convert you? I learned a long time ago that it isn't my job or my type to confront sombody that is on the other end of the spectrum and I'll just leave it at that and wish you the best.

I hope you don't take this badly. You sound like a pretty decent person, but if I started yacking about my car, would you really be interested in? Especially if you were a ford fan? :-D

Slydell said:
Looks like we've got two different discussions going on at once here. I'll continue with mine:

Sothenes said:
There will be no one in hell begging for repentance because repentance is what people reject because people do not want God to have a claim on their life.

So you're saying that people like me, who have every intention of letting God have a claim on our lives, but don't do it in the formal ways you speak of, will get to Hell and say "Ah, yeah, this is what I really wanted"?

I get the feeling it's a big problem of misunderstanding. There are many people in this world who do not understand the message you are preaching. But I do not get the feeling that many of them will actually go out of their way to "reject" God, and that if they got to Hell, that any of them would say "Yep, been lookin' forward to this… all Godless and everything. Yup, this sure is the life… *shriek*". I'm not trying to mock you or anything (I'm sorry if it comes across that way), but can you really say the poor souls who end up in Hell would want to stay there? That they would feel absolutely no motivation to change their mind? That God would have no motivation whatsoever to honor such a request?

I realize this is probably a difficult question to answer… especially since the implications behind what I'm saying threaten the very existence of the church, so I'm sure there must be a well-secured reason to explain why I'm wrong. But nobody seems to be able to tell me what that is.

I'm not threatened by anything you say.

The average person hears the gospel about eight times before they make a decision. The difficulty may be in the transmission which involves communication. Was the gospel message clear and understood? Did the evangelist understand the gospel him/herself?

I was given a Bible and I didn't know anything about the Bible at the time. I didn't know why I should read it or accept it. Church was a big mystery at the time and it was scarry for me as a Child.

People give different reasons why they don't accept God. One of my friends lost her mother who was Catholic and for some reason going to church was the excuse because she thought it would hurt too much because it would remind her of her mother or maybe it was just an excuse.

The Bible does say that man is at enmity with God and the Bible does teach that man is devoted to darkness which is evident in some but less evident in others.

I went door to door handing out tracts with a guy from church and a lady answered the door and one of the reasons she gave us was that she was too busy raising her family to think about God.

There was this rich man.

Luke 16:19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

I work for people who are well off and can afford to do things that I would never dream of because they are the heads of a multi-million dollar company.

Luke 16:20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

Luke 16:21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

Luke 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

Luke 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Luke 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

The fact that the Rich man said,"Father Abraham" tells me that the rich man was a Jew and should have known better. The second thing the passage tells me is that the Rich Man still doesn't get it. Lazarus had a human need in this life and the Rich Man didn't have compassion plus the dogs came to lick the sores of Lazarus and the Rich Man still didn't do anything. The Rich Man doesn't repent in hell but still thinks that he can order people around because he says,"send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water". There is no remorse there. There is no being sorry there. The Rich Man's response is bold and brazen.

Luke 16:25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

What people do in their life often tells others whether they believe in God or not.

Luke 16:26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that [would come] from thence.

There is a great gulf that people in hell cannot cross.

Luke 16:27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

Luke 16:28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

Did you notice that the man in hell doesn't ask for forgiveness?

Luke 16:29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

Luke 16:30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

Luke 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

I can show people many infallable proofs about the Bible but they won't believe.

Hey Slydell,

I'm going to zero in on a subtopic for a second. Hope you dont' mind. But before I do, I'm going to vent just a tad cause ... well, just cause LOL

I hate flying! My flight to Atlanta got pushed up to 9 pm because of the east coast storms which meant I lost my connectiong flight back to michigan and I had two choices, go to atlanta and sleep in the terminal or stay here and get a hotel and then get up at 5 am to catch a morning flight.

Well, I stayed here... took me over two hrs to get into the hotel (long frustrating story that I won't bore everyone with)and I'm starved! Havn't eaten since 11:30 adn I'm waiting for my pizza as we speak. Ok, now I feel better.

Back to a subtopic.

Slydell said:
StoveBolts said:
So you see, God can turn his face from those that do not listen to him. (2 thess 1:9).
I wouldn't say he turns his face, rather that you need to accept a gift in order to receive, which I believe is the message here.

Lets take a closer look at this verse can we? How about Youngs Literal translation? Is that ok for you?
2 Thessalonians 1:9 who shall suffer justice--destruction age-during--from the face of the Lord, and from the glory of his strength,

God most certainly does turn his face. It's actually a pretty common theme throughout the OT. It starts out in Genesis 4:14 with Cain and even David speaks about it when he knew he sinned greatly. (Psalm 13:1, psalm 27:9 etc) on and on and on.

So, in 2 thess 1:9, I don't think the theme is about accepting a gift, but rather.. well, lets just post it huh?
2 Thessalonians 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

We have two types of people here huh? The first group that doesn't know God for more reasons than we need to get into as it really doesn't pertain to your initial question and the others that simply don't obey Christ. Christ said that he was the way, the truth and the life right? Simply put, those that fall into these catagories will not have Christ's approval and he will let them wallow in their misery. Sound pretty cold right off the bat huh? It's not but again, I really don't want to go there either.

Slydell said:
Well that sure is reassuring. The reason I'm here is because I feel by many definitions, I have "accepted Christ" (though there are different interpretations which, as I've said, make very dramatic differences). I've been wondering what the general consensus is on whether or not I "qualify" (which really is a horrible word). So far it's been mixed results.

I agree, it's a horrible way to describe God's glory. So tell me, how is it that you feel you've accepted Christ and please outline the differences that you speak about so I don't have to guess. I'm lousy at guessing and I really try not to assume so sorry if this sounds anal.

Yes I feel I'm letting God have claim over my life - I have no disputes in that. But many Christians seem to interchange letting God have claim over your life and accepting Jesus as your personal savior and Lord - something I see as two very different things.

Would you grant me the privledge to understand how you see these to items so differently? FYI, I believe in the Trinity, but if you don't, that's ok as I really don't see it as a salvation issue like some may.

Other than that, I'll try to get back online around 8ish am.

Thanks for the conversation and listenign to me whine and putting up with my lousy spelling. I've enjoyed it.

StoveBolts said:
Well Novum, we all have something we want to share with somebody else or we wouldn't be here now would we?

I do not agree. I have stated publicly on these forums, many times, that my purpose for being here is to learn more about christianity. In that respect, I have been successful.

The topic, motive and even the focus might vary but we all have a belief that we are trying to learn more about or interact with others to gain a better understanding of or some just even want to bully their opinion... I'm not saying your any of these, but I will say that I really would rather spend my time learning about what I want to learn about and I really don't want to defend myself to sombody that believes the opposite of what I believe.

What do we gain from restricting ourselves to only discuss with those who we know believe as we do?

I mean, c'mon, what do you expect from me? Are you really expecting me to try and convert you?

No, but other forum members certainly have tried. It seems like you are expecting me to do the opposite - try and "deconvert" you - and that is not my desire.

Sothenes said:
I can show people many infallable proofs about the Bible but they won't believe.

Then they're hardly infallible now, aren't they?

Novum said:
Sothenes said:

Then they're hardly infallible now, aren't they?

I'm trying to say this politely but if someone has dark colored sunglasses on then what exactly are they going to see?

Novum said:
StoveBolts said:
Well Novum, we all have something we want to share with somebody else or we wouldn't be here now would we?

I do not agree. I have stated publicly on these forums, many times, that my purpose for being here is to learn more about christianity. In that respect, I have been successful.

Nice cut and paste, you should have taken a few more moments to read the rest of that paragraph before writing a contradicting reply. (I've underlined it for you :wink: )
BTW, you have an opinion to share; as you have been sharing. Just because that's a part of your agenda, doesn't mean it's bad and I dont' think I've ever said or emplied that it was.

The topic, motive and even the focus might vary but we all have a belief that we are trying to learn more about or interact with others to gain a better understanding of or some just even want to bully their opinion... I'm not saying your any of these, but I will say that I really would rather spend my time learning about what I want to learn about and I really don't want to defend myself to sombody that believes the opposite of what I believe.

What do we gain from restricting ourselves to only discuss with those who we know believe as we do?

Ohh boy, sorry, I'm not biting. I told you before that if I've got a choice between an apple and peas, I'd take the apple. I don't need to discuss my differences with you just so I can understand your point of view. You said that you like to learn about Christians, well, I'm a Christian and I hope you've learned something about me and my nature.

[quote:c525b]I mean, c'mon, what do you expect from me? Are you really expecting me to try and convert you?

No, but other forum members certainly have tried. It seems like you are expecting me to do the opposite - try and "deconvert" you - and that is not my desire.

Would you like to talk about cars? I've got a 1968 Camaro. If I get home tomorrow I'm going to put the headers back on, do a few other things and take her for a spin (knock on wood). Hopefully next week I can take it to the dyno as I'm looking for about 500 ponies! Ya know, that car sat on blocks for almost two years. I built the engine myself, would you like to see some pictures?
The block is a 350 4 bolt main. I'm running a set of forged .030 pistons, 7 quart oil pan with baffle, Dart heads (2.02 1.60 stainless valves) Wiend single plane high rise with an 850 double pump holly. I've got .540 lift with solid lifters, custom push rods with a set of ProMagnum Roller rockers. The entire ignition system is MSD from the 7AL to the distributor. Power is transfered through a turbo 350 with a coen rebuild kit including a manual valve body, reverse shift pattern, 10 inch 2800 stahl and applied to a set of 372 posi rear end.

Would you like to talk about cars some more? I don't think you should restrict your life to just an aspect of a Christians life. Yes, I'm a Christian, but I am also a father, a son, a friend and an aquantence depending on who you are and how you view me.

You see, I'm not really into debating, I simply like to talk, errr, write :bday:

[/quote:c525b]

It's bed time, I've got to get up in just over 4 hours... Man, I'm going to pay for this tomorrow...
Think I'm crazy yet? LOL :wink:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back