Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do Seventh Day Adventists Preach Error?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

The following is a quote from a site published by Bible Baptist Church in Canada. Your thoughts.
http://www.baptistpillar.com/bd0154.htm

Seventh Day Adventist Error

Do Seventh Day Adventists Preach The Truth Or A Combination Of Truth And Error?

Because Seventh Day Adventists do proclaim many precious truths from the Word of God, some believers do not realize how much error is also included in their teachings. It is not only a matter of the false teaching which makes supposed Sabbath keeping a condition for or evidence of salvation; but, by accepting writings of Seventh Day Adventist founder, Ellen G. White, as inspired. The following quotations from a Seventh Day Adventist publication called Jesus Is Coming published by Morning Star Publishers is further evidence of their dangerous editions to the Word of God. The following is quoted verbatim from the above publication and is taken from the book "Dreams and Visions" by Jeanine Sautron which is described by morning Star Publishers as "A powerful set of instructions, specifically provided for God's children living world wide in these last days. This God-inspired hard cover book of 255 pages is available for $20."..."The events of the End are preparing themselves rapidly. The Angel told me, 'Be ready morally because the mark of the beast will be put in operation in America, and that will come suddenly. Each one who wishes to be faithful will loose his or her liberty. This temptation of the mark of the beast will take the whole world by surprise and will trample under feet liberty of conscience. That country will compel free, slave, rich or poor, small and great to take that mark; each of us will have to make our choice, either for or against God.' The angel showed me that that mark is invisible, and its code is 666." It must be kept in mind that it has always been a key distinctive of Adventist teaching that all who were non-Sabbath keepers would be those who would accept the "mark of the beast". There is a vast difference between Seventh Day Adventists and Biblical Christianity which makes a clear distinction between Israel and the Church; between Law and Grace; between a works salvation and salvation through faith alone in the shed Blood of the Lamb.
~ Foundation

An institutional organization that claims to represent a divine reality will always be in error. In the case of the Adventists, a legalistic viewpoint concerning what sabbath means is entrenched in it's very name. This is typical of any denomination that champions what it perceives as a truth in response to what it preceives as a lack in other denominations. Look, they'll say, we do this that no one else does.

Of course, the sabbath is the rest of the Holy Spirit and the ceasing of walking in our own strength....to be empowered through God who lives in us. The spirit of the law goes much further than the written words of the law. To get hung up on the physical part of a law shows a legalism that denies a greater truth.

yes they teach error, not only the sabbath thing, and the mark of the beast thing, but all their end time belief is pretty much wrong but more importantly then that they teach doctrines of demons that the word warned about teaching us to obstain from meats.

they do this because they teach fear instead of faith and they teach beleivers to be under the curses of this world isntead of instructing in faith to be released from the curses of this world.

Every one begins with the form of thought before God moves them into the spiritual understanding and utlimately the dynamic purpose that God purposed in Christ Jesus in his grace, before the world began.

As the apostle Paul wrote in Romans 11, for we who are Gentile based worshipers of the Lord Jesus, for us to not be wise in our conceits toward the legalistic worshipers of the Lord. And in Romans 14 for we who observe any or every day and eat any and all foods, for us not to despise those who are bound under herbs and days.

Rom 6:17
17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. KJV

2 Tim 1:13
13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. KJV

Job was a legalistic/self-justifying worshiper of the Lord. Then he was reproved through Elihu and God spoke to him and Job repented. There is hope for all. Job's friends who had remonstrated with him but without understanding, were given to start at the beginning, where Job had been.

Joe

TheCatholic said:

The following is a quote from a site published by Bible Baptist Church in Canada. Your thoughts.
http://www.baptistpillar.com/bd0154.htm

Seventh Day Adventist Error

Do Seventh Day Adventists Preach The Truth Or A Combination Of Truth And Error?

Because Seventh Day Adventists do proclaim many precious truths from the Word of God, some believers do not realize how much error is also included in their teachings. It is not only a matter of the false teaching which makes supposed Sabbath keeping a condition for or evidence of salvation; but, by accepting writings of Seventh Day Adventist founder, Ellen G. White, as inspired. The following quotations from a Seventh Day Adventist publication called Jesus Is Coming published by Morning Star Publishers is further evidence of their dangerous editions to the Word of God. The following is quoted verbatim from the above publication and is taken from the book "Dreams and Visions" by Jeanine Sautron which is described by morning Star Publishers as "A powerful set of instructions, specifically provided for God's children living world wide in these last days. This God-inspired hard cover book of 255 pages is available for $20."..."The events of the End are preparing themselves rapidly. The Angel told me, 'Be ready morally because the mark of the beast will be put in operation in America, and that will come suddenly. Each one who wishes to be faithful will loose his or her liberty. This temptation of the mark of the beast will take the whole world by surprise and will trample under feet liberty of conscience. That country will compel free, slave, rich or poor, small and great to take that mark; each of us will have to make our choice, either for or against God.' The angel showed me that that mark is invisible, and its code is 666." It must be kept in mind that it has always been a key distinctive of Adventist teaching that all who were non-Sabbath keepers would be those who would accept the "mark of the beast". There is a vast difference between Seventh Day Adventists and Biblical Christianity which makes a clear distinction between Israel and the Church; between Law and Grace; between a works salvation and salvation through faith alone in the shed Blood of the Lamb.
~ Foundation

Most likely some of them.....

DO catholics preach error?????? Most likely some of them and the list goes on.....

I dont know what she means by keeping the sabbath,,,but I keep it ,,,, and we are suppose to......

Hey guys!

I am a practicing Seventh Day Adventist. I would be more than happy to share my beliefs to all those who have questions. Keep in mind that our creed is...The Bible. It is not main stream but we believe in what the bible says from Genesis to Revelation. So, if you have questions or want me to explain my beliefs from a biblical perspective, please by all means. Let me know. :biggrin

Brother Lionel said:
Hey guys!

I am a practicing Seventh Day Adventist. I would be more than happy to share my beliefs to all those who have questions. Keep in mind that our creed is...The Bible. It is not main stream but we believe in what the bible says from Genesis to Revelation. So, if you have questions or want me to explain my beliefs from a biblical perspective, please by all means. Let me know. :biggrin

Can you also share according to the Holy Spirit perspective? I found so many sincere Christians from all different denoms, the key is sincerity.

MMarc said:
Can you also share according to the Holy Spirit perspective? I found so many sincere Christians from all different denoms, the key is sincerity.

Eph 6:17 "And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God"

Of course my friend. When we discuss things from a biblical perspective, we by nature dialogue from spirtual perspective becasue we see here that the Word of God of the Spirit. We receive further clarification in Hebrews 4:12 where is says "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." ;)

It is also interesting to note that this thread was created by someone who is obviously a Roman Catholic. Could this thread be posted in response to our doctrine that identifies this organization as the anti-Christ? Just a question...

Brother Lionel said:
It is also interesting to note that this thread was created by someone who is obviously a Roman Catholic. Could this thread be posted in response to our doctrine that identifies this organization as the anti-Christ? Just a question...

Why would you do that?????FOr that antichrist is of no denomination/orginazation....

The antichrist is satan himself on earth pretending to be Christ,,,If you really wanna know where he comes from,,,,,He gets booted out of heaven (WOE to the inhabitors of the earth) where he comes down here performing miracles in the sight of men shewing himself as God/Christ.....

Brother Lionel said:
I am a practicing Seventh Day Adventist. I would be more than happy to share my beliefs to all those who have questions. Keep in mind that our creed is...The Bible. It is not main stream but we believe in what the bible says from Genesis to Revelation. So, if you have questions or want me to explain my beliefs from a biblical perspective, please by all means. Let me know.

What is the connection between Sabbath breaking and the 666 mark of the beast ?

Brother Lionel said:
Hey guys!

I am a practicing Seventh Day Adventist. I would be more than happy to share my beliefs to all those who have questions. Keep in mind that our creed is...The Bible.......

The Bible is not what's in question.
Its your sect's interpretion of the Bible which is in question.

Here is another quote from yet another website:

Adventist Propaganda

White claimed to receive the first of several hundred visions in December of 1844. She gained recognition in Adventist circles as a prophetess and became the church’s leader. Over the next few decades, she provided guidance on almost every.aspect of belief and worship, writing over fifty books commenting on health, education, finance, and other topics. Her works are held by her followers to be inerrant on matters of doctrine, as is the Bible, though they are on a slightly lower plane of honor than the Bible.

Her most important books, especially The Desire of the Ages and The Great Controversy, are frequently reprinted by Seventh-Day Adventist publishing houses in a variety of formats. They often appear with different covers and titles. For example, The Great Controversy is often marketed as America in Prophecy. They are printed whole or in excerpted form. Sometimes Ellen Gould White’s name appears on the cover, sometimes a less well-known form of her name appears (e.g., E. G. White), and sometimes her name does not appear on the outside of the book at all.

This allows Adventists to put White’s works in the hands of non-Adventists without alerting them that they are reading an Adventist publication until they are well into the work.

Adventist publishing houses also keep the terms "Seventh-Day" and "Adventist" out of their names. Typical Adventist and Adventist-related publishing houses have names including Inspiration Books, Amazing Truth Publications, Review & Herald Publishing Association, and Pilgrims’ Press.

This is because Adventists have always been regarded suspiciously by Evangelicals and have often been viewed as a fanatical cult (as have some of their offshoots, such as the Branch Davidians). Many Evangelical leaders even have assertedâ€â€incorrectlyâ€â€that Adventists are not Christians, even though they believe in Christ’s divinity and use a valid Trinitarian form of baptism.

Often Adventist-related publishing houses conduct mass mailings of their literature to every home and post office box in a community. This has been done regularly with Amazing Truth Publications’ anti-Catholic volume, National Sunday Law.

Adventist Beliefs

Seventh-Day Adventists agree with many [Christian] doctrines, including the Trinity, Christ’s divinity, the virgin birth, the atonement, a physical resurrection of the dead, and Christ’s Second Coming. They use a valid form of baptism. They believe in original sin and reject the Evangelical teaching that one can never lose one’s salvation no matter what one does (i.e., they correctly reject "once saved, always saved").

Unfortunately, they also hold many false and strange doctrines. Among these are the following: (a) the Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon; (b) the pope is the Antichrist; (c) in the last days, Sunday worship will be "the mark of the beast"; (d) there is a future millennium in which the devil will roam the earth while Christians are with Christ in heaven; (e) the soul sleeps between death and resurrection; and (f) on the last day, after a limited period of punishment in hell, the wicked will be annihilated and cease to exist rather than be eternally damned........

........Many Adventists insist that, as a matter of discipline (not doctrine), one must not eat meats considered unclean under the Mosaic Law (many endorse total vegetarianism), and one must avoid "worldly entertainments" (card-playing, dancing, smoking, drinking, reading non-religious books, listening to non-religious music, watching non-religious television, going to the movies, etc.).

Adventists also subscribe to the two Protestant shibboleths, sola scriptura (the Bible is the sole rule of faith) and sola fide (justification is by faith alone). Other Protestants, especially conservative Evangelicals and Fundamentalists, often attack Adventists on these points, claiming they do not really hold them, which is often used as "proof" that they are "a cult." However, along the spectrum of Protestantism (from high-church Lutherans and Anglicans to low-church Pentecostals and Baptists), there is little agreement about the meaning of these two phrases or about the doctrines they are supposed to represent.........

source: http://www.catholic.com/library/Seventh ... entism.asp

No problems with their teachings as 'i' see it. It is like Christ COMMANDED in Matt. 23:1-2 'for they say, and do not'. You know that they are now calling the Rev. 17:5 ones (both mother & daughters) Christian folds instead of THE ABOMINATION OF THE EARTH. (compilars capps) But that was not the TEACHING of Protestants at the start or Adventism's doctrines even yet.

And what toped it off?? Was the ABOMINATION THAT MADE ADVENTISM DESOLATE in 1990. Robert Faulkinburg was elected President of the World leadership in the Hoosier Dome in Indiana. And it was the World Conferance of SDA where Christ was supposed to be present, huh? (Adventists teaching) And behold!! who was standing behind the pulpit to deliver the message hand & hand with Christ??? Romes priest.

One might look up what Adventist have documented about catholic priests?? Maybe later if not censored out?? Whatever??? But one can clearly read what is daily in the News about many of these & God Words of Rev. 18:4. And surely Adventist are even by far the worse as seen by Christ's Own Words of Luke 12:47-48!

And NO, it is not adventist Truth that is the issue, but that their HOUSE is also DESOLATE OF CHRIST! Rev. 3:9

--Elijah

Elijah674 said:
......One might look up what Adventist have documented about catholic priests??.....

Why does everyone try to make everything about Catholicism? It seems some people are obsessed with it.

The fact is that SDA's see both Catholics AND protestants as having "the mark of the beast" for their Sunday worship

This is not the forum to discuss Catholicism not to mention it has nothing to do with the topic.

Just passing through guy! :wave (PS: You can have your moderated to DEATH site!)
--Elijah

Tina said:
What is the connection between Sabbath breaking and the 666 mark of the beast ?

Hey Tina!!!
Well, before I start, I want to say that we believe that there will be millions of God-fearing Christians in heaven who worshipped God on Sunday. God judges people according to the light that they have and He will not hold someone accountable for something that they did not know was outside the will of God. I would also like to clarify that the mark of the beast is not 666. The bible says that this is the number of the man, the anti-christ. The beast at which this anti-christ controls will cause all to recieve this mark. So it is a mark, not a number.

With that being said, let's get started shall we??
Now the bible says that the beast will cause all to receive the mark on their right or their forehead. Did you know that God also wants us to place something on our hands and our foreheads? And the Word says:

Deu 11:13, 18 - And it shall come to pass, if ye shall hearken diligently unto my commandments which I command you this day, to love the LORD your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul...Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes.

So here we see that the commandments of God must be placed on our hand and in our foreheads. Now the beast also will cause a mark to be placed on the right hand or on the forehead. Many good people would see this and assume that God was referring to an outward sign but this is not the case. The "sign upon our hand" means to act accordingly, and the"frontlets between the eyes" means to think accordingly being that we worship God with our actions and with our cognitive thinking. Here is another verse to clarify:

Exodus 13:9 - And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the LORD'S law may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt.

So, God's commandments are to be on our hands and our foreheads. Included in these commandments is, of course, the Sabbath commandment. The Sabbath is the commandment that identifies who the Lord is (the Creator), what He made (the world), why He made it holy (because He rested), and what He wants us to do on it (to rest). God calls this commandment a "sign" to be observed forever:

Exodus 31:13, 17 - Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you. It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Now a "sign" is defined as the following:

sign-
1. a token; indication.
2. any object, action, event, pattern, etc., that conveys a meaning.
3. a conventional or arbitrary mark, figure, or symbol used as an abbreviation for the word or words it represents.

So, as we see here, according to the bible we can conclude that God has a mark or sign which is the Sabbath Day. We also have to keep in mind that Satan hates this. Psalm 119:151 says that all of the Lord's commandments are truth. And so naturally, Satan has hated the Sabbath truth and has been attacking the Sabbath truth for millennia after millennia because the central theme of the fourth commandment is the one thing that Satan wants - WORSHIP!! Satan wants what God receives, and that is worship. This is why Satan has a counterfeit for everything that God has established. God has a kingdom, Satan has a kingdom; God has angels, Satan has angels; God has a worship system, Satan has a worship system. So if God has chosen a day for His creation to rest, worship, and commune with Him as a sign or a mark, would it make sense for Satan to also have a day for men to worship and have his sign or mark?? I would say yes but let's dig further...

Now that we've seen what the bible has to say about the Sabbath, lets see what the denomination we identified as the anti-christ says about the Sabbath and Sunday:

"Not the Creator of Universe, in Genesis 2:1-3,-but the Catholic Church can claim the honor of having granted man a pause to his work every seven days."-S. C. Mosna, Storia della Domenica, 1969, pp. 366-367.

"The Pope is of great authority and power that he can modify, explain, or interpret even divine laws... The Pope can modify divine law, since his power is not of man, but of God, and he acts as vicegerent of God upon earth." -Lucius Ferraris, Prompta Ribliotheca, "Papa," art. 2, translated.

"The Pope has the power to change times, to abrogate laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ." "The Pope has the authority and often exercised it, to dispense with the command of Christ." Decretal, de Tranlatic Episcop. Cap. (The Pope can modify divine law.) Ferraris' Ecclesiastical Dictionary.

"Is not every Christian obliged to sanctify Sunday and to abstain on that day from unnecessary servile work? Is not the observance of this law among the most prominent of our sacred duties? But you may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single line authorizing the sanctification of Sunday. The Scriptures enforce the religious observance of Saturday, a day which we never sanctify." -James Cardinal Gibbons, The Faith of Our Fathers (1917 ed.), pp. 72, 73.

"The Bible says, Remember that thou keep holy the Sabbath day. The Catholic church says, No! By my divine power I abolish the Sabbath day, and command you to keep the first day of the week. And lo, the entire civilized world bows down in reverent obedience to the command of the holy Catholic church!" Father Enright, C.S.S.R. of the Redemptoral College, Kansas City, Mo., History of the Sabbath, p. 802

"The Adventists are the only body of Christians with the Bible as their teacher, who could find no warrant in its pages for the change of day from the seventh to the first. Hence their appellation," Seventh-day Adventists. "They're cardinal principle consists in setting apart Saturday for the exclusive worship of God, in conformity with the positive command of God Himself, repeatedly reiterated in the sacred books of the Old and New testaments, literally kept by the children of Israel for thousands of years to this day, and endorsed by the teaching and practice of the Son of God while on earth." -Rome's Challenge, page two

"Is not yet too late for Protestants to redeem themselves. Will they do it?... will they indeed take the written word only, the Scripture alone, as their sole authority and their sole standard? Or will they still hold the indefensible, self contradictory, and suicidal doctrine and practice of following the authority of the Catholic church and wear the SIGN of her authority? Will they keep the Sabbath of the Lord, the seventh day, according to Scripture? Or will they keep the Sunday according to the tradition of the Catholic church, -Rome's Challenge, page 31

“Sunday is our mark or authority...the church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact.† Catholic Record of London, Ontario, September 1, 1923.

“Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change (Saturday Sabbath to Sunday) was her act...And the act is a mark of her ecclesiastical authority in religious things.† H.F. Thomas, Chancellor of Cardinal Gibbons.

Here we see two things; blasphemy being that RCC (Roman Catholic Church) claims that the pope can "play God", and pompous words in that they show utter arrogance in how they claim that they can change this or that. Now, Daniel identifies the little horn power which will be diverse from the first four kingdoms (Babylon, Persia, Greece, and pagan Rome), and he shall subdue three kings. And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. Dan 7:24, 25

Now this fits the RCC like a glove because 1.) during the fall of the pagan Roman Empire and the rise of the papal Roman Empire, they abolished three kingdoms which stood in their way of achieving world-wide domination - the Ostrogoths, Vandals, and the Heruli; 2.) they speak great words against the Most High in terms of blasphemy being that they claim that they can forgive sins and that they make the pope God (which is why they call him "Father" and "His Holiness"); 3.) the time, times, and the dividing of time is the 1,260 year period where the RCC ruled Europe with an iron fist from 538 a.d. to 1798 a.d. (which is documented in history). This is why they call this period "The Dark Ages". It is estimated that the RCC was resposible for the deaths of millions of Jews and Christians who refused to bow to the pope. These deaths were so horrible, the pope had to officially apologize for it. If you dont believe it see for yourself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apologies_ ... hn_Paul_II

So, this is the connection between Sabbath breaking and the mark of the beast:

The Sabbath is Gods sign or mark, The Catholic Church says their mark is Sunday.
According to the bible, the beast is a kingdom - what we commonly called a country today. The bible says that this beast would persecute Gods people for 1260 years and would think to change times and laws.

No other entity on this planet qualifies to be the beast other than the RCC. They are a kingdom, they came from Rome, they were a persecuting power for 1260 years, they changed times because the whole world today is under the Gregorian calendar who was a pope (Pope Gregory XIII), and they presume to change God's law from Sabbath to Sunday. So the mark of beast (the RCC) is Sunday. But they will use the USA to speak through legislation (Rev 13:15) to cause all to receive this mark of her authority.

NIGHTMARE said:
Brother Lionel said:

Why would you do that?????FOr that antichrist is of no denomination/orginazation....

The antichrist is satan himself on earth pretending to be Christ,,,If you really wanna know where he comes from,,,,,He gets booted out of heaven (WOE to the inhabitors of the earth) where he comes down here performing miracles in the sight of men shewing himself as God/Christ.....

Really??? The bible that the dragon gave him his seat and his power...

And the term anti-christ means "In the place of Christ". Now find our what "Vicar of Christ" means and who is it attributed to...

Back