Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do the dead visit us.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
All the time people and Christians talk about how they talk to their dead relatives, and see them. Why is this belief so prevalent? The scriptures do not uphold this popular belief.
People bring attention to themselves when they say these things.
We should instead be bringing attention to Jesus wherever we go, whatever we do.
However, that Madoff sighting might be true.
I wouldn't rule it out.

I was 17 When my dad died, I saw him, I was playing with him in a room with others sitting and he had a computer in front of him. I felt so comfortable playing around in his leg that I did not want to leave him as I thought he was still alive until a bell rang like it's children break time in school and everyone of them wants to go. I knew it and I was crying, I did not want to go I was so stubborn that he took me out of a door. Immediately he closed the door against me, I woke up.

In John 20:17 Jesus saith to her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended unto the Father: but go unto my brethren, and say to them, I ascend unto my Father and your Father, and my God and your God.

There is possibility that familiar spirits of dead relatives still play their role around us and we can see them in our dreams. Human being is complex in making. In Genesis 1:26 God said let us make man in our own image after our likeness. This shows that man does not only consist of body and soul but spirit. The spirit of man contains two type image and likeness. The image is the one that exist in man and the likeness is the resemblance spirit that dwells in memory and mind of others. If our lost relative have any opportunity, they will reflect through their likeness in our deep sleep but most times their likeness may be manipulated by being camouflaged by other Spirits called familiar spirits to send message or nightmare.

Matthew 17:3 Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.

How did they know it was Moses and Elijah because they have appeared in their likeness which witnessed in those who see them that they are the one.

In order words when we see our dead relatives in the dream, there is a witness in our hearts when we wake up that will confirm if they are the real ones or their likeness were being used by familiar spirits. Jesus gives us peace, the devil causes fear.

Last edited:
I understand that we have mental images in our mind of loved ones from memory. I am talking about those that see apparitions and interact with them. These apparitions can physically touch you, and move things. How can these be of God if we following are in scriptures: 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. This doesn't happen to the 2nd coming of Christ.

Can We Contact the Dead after They Are Gone?​

The answer is no. Any attempt to dabble in spirit contact is strictly forbidden in the Bible. It is sometimes called necromancy or sorcery or dealing with familiar spirits. Remember, demons can masquerade as the dead. They can even mimic the voices of our loved ones and give information that only the dead person would have known (for more on this subject, see Leviticus 19:31; Deuteronomy 18:9-14; Galatians 5:20). In case this isn’t clear, let me make it plain. Do not attempt to contact the dead through any means at all—séances, parlor games, crystal balls, psychic readers, channelers, or mediums. You are involving yourself in that which God forbids. Leave the dead alone.

For the living know* that they will die ,a but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward,* because all memory of them is forgotten. 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they no longer have any share in what is done under the sun. Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, 10

I understand that we have mental images in our mind of loved ones from memory. I am talking about those that see apparitions and interact with them. These apparitions can physically touch you, and move things. How can these be of God if we following are in scriptures: 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. This doesn't happen to the 2nd coming of Christ.

The answer is no. Any attempt to dabble in spirit contact is strictly forbidden in the Bible. It is sometimes called necromancy or sorcery or dealing with familiar spirits. Remember, demons can masquerade as the dead. They can even mimic the voices of our loved ones and give information that only the dead person would have known (for more on this subject, see Leviticus 19:31; Deuteronomy 18:9-14; Galatians 5:20). In case this isn’t clear, let me make it plain. Do not attempt to contact the dead through any means at all—séances, parlor games, crystal balls, psychic readers, channelers, or mediums. You are involving yourself in that which God forbids. Leave the dead alone.

For the living know* that they will die ,a but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward,* because all memory of them is forgotten. 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they no longer have any share in what is done under the sun. Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, 10

That is an important message Frances. Many people believe they can contact loved ones who have died. They are actually contacting demons. I re.member when ouji boatds became popular. Young people were addicted to then, a lot of them committed suicide. They didn't know who they were dealing with.
Why do people say 'rest In peace' and then try to wake them up, which is impossible anyhow.
The deadknow nothing and have no part on the earth.

My favorite aunt died when I was 9 years old. I was told to sleep on the couch after the funeral that night. I saw her at the front door standing there in her burial gown. I screamed until my mother finally showed up to calm me down. I saw her plain as day. I know it was a demon. Not her. I don't believe in ghosts, but I believe if a person had a demon, that demon knows very well how to imitate the human harboring them.

My favorite aunt died when I was 9 years old. I was told to sleep on the couch after the funeral that night. I saw her at the front door standing there in her burial gown. I screamed until my mother finally showed up to calm me down. I saw her plain as day. I know it was a demon. Not her. I don't believe in ghosts, but I believe if a person had a demon, that demon knows very well how to imitate the human harboring them.
I totally disagree. Not all are demon. Moses and Elijah appeared to Jesus on the mount of transfiguration and they. Matthew 17:1-8

What about the dead people hat came back to life after many days. I believe these people are somehow strong to appeal if they could force their way back to life and get disappointed when their loved ones get scared of them if they try to send a message. I believe in ressurection after death.

Some people came back to life after being dead because they have grim persistence in hope that they can still return to life. After death is judgement but when a death process is not fully complete, the person still remain hopeful and tries to force their way back to life. There are some who remain at coma for many years but refused to die because they have hope and show tenacity of returning to life but somehow their spirit is almost gone out of their body.

Have you heard about people who were dead but reportedly seen living in other places where they were not known?

In Act 9:39-40 When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Philip away, and the eunuch did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing.

Meanwhile, Philip found himself farther north at the town of Azotus. He preached the Good News there and in every town along the way until he came to Caesarea. Act 9:39-40

I have heard many stories about dead people living among the living. A lady told me he met a man and when he checked the mirror he could not see his head but in reality his head was there but she kept cool as if shd didn't see anything. So I believe there is
ressurrection of life. Like Philip in the Bible some people may not have the opportunity to live before they disappear to other place but could do so after death provided their death process is no not complete they still have chance to live.

Last edited:
Obviously they were not dead.
Moses was dead

Deuteronomy 34:7 Moses was one hundred and twenty years old when he died; his sight was unimpaired and his vigour had not abated

But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, "The Lord rebuke you!" Jude 1:9

Last edited:

:clap could not add any more to this. Excellent answer :readbible

No, the dead are dead and do not come to us. The story of Saul is a good example.

1 Samuel 28:12-20 this women used a familiar spirit that took on the form of Samuel as this is why the scripture says Samuel spoke. Look closely at vs. 14, Saul ask what form is he of and the women describe the form and Saul stooped with his face to the ground and bowed himself before the form, not actually seeing it, but only perceiving it was Samuel. The familiar spirit only spoke of things that Saul already knew about God being quiet and why He was quiet toward Saul. The familiar spirit never gave Saul an answer of what he should do. Then the familiar spirit proceeded to tell Saul what was about to happen to him and his sons that they would be in the ground from whence the familiar spirit came from.

Saul is now in his grave waiting that of the lake of fire as his name is not written in the Lambs book of life, but will face Gods judgement for being an abomination to God. God rejected Saul for his disobedience against Him.

1 Chronicles 10:13 So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to enquire of it;
1 Chronicles 10:14 And enquired not of the LORD: therefore he slew him, and turned the kingdom unto David the son of Jesse.

Leviticus 19:31 Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.

Deuteronomy 18:9 When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.
Deuteronomy 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
Deuteronomy 18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
Deuteronomy 18:12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

Ephesians 4:9 Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
1 Peter 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
1 Peter 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Jesus was put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit, which means, angels are spirit with no form. Jesus was made a quickening Spirit and it is that Spirit that went and preached to those spirits in prison. Notice the capital S and small s. Jesus' proclamation was to the fallen angels, not to human beings as this is a reference to the fallen angels who are symbolically in chains that left their first estate that was heaven, Jude 1:6. If you notice it says prison, not hell, Hades, Tartarus or even the lake of fire. What Jesus preached to them was the fact that He now had the victory over death and the demons could no longer have any victory over those who are in Christ.

It was only when Jesus ascended to the Father that he had the power and authority to speak to those angels that were captive and bound and let them know (preached) that they are subject to Him now. It's that same power and authority that Jesus has now that he has given some apostles, prophets, Evangelist, pastors and teachers, Matthew 28:18. Lower parts of the earth only means that of the earth under our feet as in grave/ground. Ephesians 4:8-13

Noah suffered for well doing as he did preach God to others well after the sons of God had taken them wives and had children with them. Noah was the only one who found favor in the Lord. In Gods longsuffering, even though it repented God that he created man because of the evil found in their hearts he found favor in just one man and that was Noah. It wasn't Jesus that physically preached in the times of Noah, but that of Gods very Spirit, the same Spirit that is Jesus as God come in the flesh/word made flesh and spoke through Noah. These angels that are spoken of in 1 Peter 3:19, 20 are the sons (angels) of God that had fallen, but different then the ones who fell with Satan.

It is those angels we see imprisoned and bound in chains (not literal chains only metaphorically and no one knows where they are bound) that Jesus, after he ascended to the Father revealed his power and authority that they are now subject until him. The word prison takes on different meanings for how we use this word. It's like when we say we are imprisoned by how we feel trapped at times as we feel the world crashing down around us. The world isn't literally crashing down and prison is only a state of mind.

The familiar spirit taking on the form of Samuel was not the real Samuel as we read in John 3:13 that no one is in heaven other than God, his holy angels and Jesus. The women saw gods come up from the ground and Saul asked what form he was of and the women described the form and Saul only perceived it was Samuel by the description, but never looked up to see if it was Samuel. Remember, Saul had his face bowed down to the ground and never looked up, but only perceived it to be Samuel by the way the women described what she saw.

The familiar spirit took on the form of Samuel and spoke using the voice of Samuel as this is why Saul recognized his voice and believed it was actually Samuel that spoke. The familiar spirit spoke to Saul and asked why he was asking Samuel what to do seeing that God had already departed from Saul and had become Saul's enemy and then the familiar spirit explained to Saul what would happen and that Saul and his sons would be killed and put into the ground/grave. Just as the familiar spirit who will be cast into the lake of fire so will Saul and his sons as he went against God and God shut himself off from Saul for his disobedience. This is why the familiar spirit told Saul that he and his sons would be with him after they die, meaning they to will be cast into the lake of fire as their names are not written in the Lambs book of life and will face the judgement of God. 1 Samuel 28:15-20.

When we read scripture word for word and not sentence by sentence or chapter by chapter then we find the meat of the message that leads to all truth of Gods word.

1 Samuel 25:15 The familiar spirit only repeated that of what Saul told him except his prediction of Saul's death as IMO the familiar spirit knew what happens to those who have familiar spirits and those who pursue after them and that Saul would probably go into battles the next day as the Philistines were ready to attack. Leviticus 19:31; 20:6, 27; 1Chronicles 10:13 are Gods warnings about those with familiar spirits.

Moses was dead

Deuteronomy 34:7 Moses was one hundred and twenty years old when he died; his sight was unimpaired and his vigour had not abated

But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, "The Lord rebuke you!" Jude 1:9

Not quite dead.

Mark 12:27
27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.../

John 3:16b... Whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life.

Brothers in the Lord those who have their name written in the book of life do not die and whoever is not dead is still alive because everlasting life does not have two name it is a life that never die.

When Saul consulted Medium, She saw the real Samuel because Samuel was only sleeping, People like Prophet Samuel can not die because he has the Holy Spirit in Him. The woman answered, (she saw) “An old man wearing a mantle is coming up.” The familiar Spirit was used to bring Saul to Samuel which is why Samuel asked Saul, “Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?” 1 Samuel 28:15. The image of Samuel is pictured as an old man because He was an old man in the mind of Saul. However let's not twist it, it is Samuel.

1 Thessalonians 4:14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.

Death has different phase.

This is one type of death...

but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die." Genesis 2:17

this is Another type of death...

But cowards, unbelievers, the corrupt, murderers, the immoral, those who practice witchcraft, idol worshipers, and all liars—their fate is in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death Revelation 21:8

Another one
Get out!” he told them. “The girl isn’t dead; she’s only asleep.” But the crowd laughed at him. Matthew 9:24

After he had said this, he went on to tell them, "Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep; but I am going there to wake him up." John 11:11

Brethren if Samuel is asleep, He could be woken up so far God approves it.

Our loved ones who knows Christ too can fall asleep and God can wake them up to pass important message to us without being interfered by demons. This is why it is important to Accept Jesus and Confess Him as our Lord and Savior and believe strongly in eternal life. Eternal life on its own is real.

How does demon operates? A demon can operate in a man who sees an angel but is sore afraid. Demon becomes conscious of ordinary person who does not have the Spirit of God because it is demon that trembles at sight of Holy angel. God hath not given us the spirit of fear or timidity but of power love and sound mind.. When you are afraid of the dead then their demon will hunt you with their likeness/ familiar spirits. If you are not afraid at all, a sleeping relatives who Cherish you in their heart may appear to you and will pass the right message. It depends on what is stored behind your eyes

The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness! Matthew 6:22-23

Work on the eye you use to see and read the Bible. Make it a healthy eye and have faith in eternal life. Because the way God create man in the beginning, he is not supposed to die and that is the purpose of the Gospel of Christ.

Last edited:
That is an important message Frances. Many people believe they can contact loved ones who have died. They are actually contacting demons. I re.member when ouji boatds became popular. Young people were addicted to then, a lot of them committed suicide. They didn't know who they were dealing with.
Why do people say 'rest In peace' and then try to wake them up, which is impossible anyhow.
The deadknow nothing and have no part on the earth.
I think so too. Confusing to me that many churches support those who somehow believe it even though the scriptures say the opposite. The most people that express this belief are Christians. Your last sentence makes it clear, "The dead know nothing and have "no part" on the earth.

I was 17 When my dad died, I saw him, I was playing with him in a room with others sitting and he had a computer in front of him. I felt so comfortable playing around in his leg that I did not want to leave him as I thought he was still alive until a bell rang like it's children break time in school and everyone of them wants to go. I knew it and I was crying, I did not want to go I was so stubborn that he took me out of a door. Immediately he closed the door against me, I woke up.

In John 20:17 Jesus saith to her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended unto the Father: but go unto my brethren, and say to them, I ascend unto my Father and your Father, and my God and your God.

There is possibility that familiar spirits of dead relatives still play their role around us and we can see them in our dreams. Human being is complex in making. In Genesis 1:26 God said let us make man in our own image after our likeness. This shows that man does not only consist of body and soul but spirit. The spirit of man contains two type image and likeness. The image is the one that exist in man and the likeness is the resemblance spirit that dwells in memory and mind of others. If our lost relative have any opportunity, they will reflect through their likeness in our deep sleep but most times their likeness may be manipulated by being camouflaged by other Spirits called familiar spirits to send message or nightmare.

Matthew 17:3 Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.

How did they know it was Moses and Elijah because they have appeared in their likeness which witnessed in those who see them that they are the one.

In order words when we see our dead relatives in the dream, there is a witness in our hearts when we wake up that will confirm if they are the real ones or their likeness were being used by familiar spirits. Jesus gives us peace, the devil causes fear.
Thank you for your wonderful and thoughtful response. Dreaming, and even day dreaming is of our mind, not a supernatural event. Even when we are thinking of a loved one, we can see them in our mind. I hope the ministries that do not remind their flock they are wrong would start doing so..... in the gentlest way possible. Every time I hear that "our loved ones are looking down upon us" I feel sad that God's words have been twisted.

Even thou, like you that know this, for some it is less frightening to believe it is their loved ones. I have never had that experience, thank God. It really breaks my heart for those that do believe.

I totally disagree. Not all are demon. Moses and Elijah appeared to Jesus on the mount of transfiguration and they. Matthew 17:1-8

What about the dead people hat came back to life after many days. I believe these people are somehow strong to appeal if they could force their way back to life and get disappointed when their loved ones get scared of them if they try to send a message. I believe in ressurection after death.

Some people came back to life after being dead because they have grim persistence in hope that they can still return to life. After death is judgement but when a death process is not fully complete, the person still remain hopeful and tries to force their way back to life. There are some who remain at coma for many years but refused to die because they have hope and show tenacity of returning to life but somehow their spirit is almost gone out of their body.

Have you heard about people who were dead but reportedly seen living in other places where they were not known?

In Act 9:39-40 When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Philip away, and the eunuch did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing.

Meanwhile, Philip found himself farther north at the town of Azotus. He preached the Good News there and in every town along the way until he came to Caesarea. Act 9:39-40

I have heard many stories about dead people living among the living. A lady told me he met a man and when he checked the mirror he could not see his head but in reality his head was there but she kept cool as if shd didn't see anything. So I believe there is
ressurrection of life. Like Philip in the Bible some people may not have the opportunity to live before they disappear to other place but could do so after death provided their death process is no not complete they still have chance to live.
Your answer is quite full, I will try to take one of your responses at a time. People in the days of God's interaction made possible for those that he chose to be with him. Not just anybody, but chosen ones. Christ, the new covenant made very clear what the dead have in this world.

Ecclesiastes 9:5 NIV

5 For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten.
A coma is a medical condition, and yes people have revived. What goes on in a patient A patient who is in a coma or persistent vegetative state typically has some brain stem function (which controls breathing). Yes, there are quite a few that feel they were going a tunnel to heaven and Christ was waiting for them. Others are as you said. As the Bible lets us know we will know nothing until the 2nd coming of Christ, I disagree that you think we die and go straight to heaven. Many explicit verses declare that the resurrection will not occur until the end of the age when Christ returns.

In Daniel 12:13 an angel looks ahead to the resurrection as occurring at the end of the age: "But as for you, go your way to the end; then you will enter into rest and rise again for your allotted portion at the end of the age."

In John 6:40 Christ declares that the resurrection will happen on the last day: "For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him, may have eternal life; and I Myself will raise him up on the last day." (See also John 6:39, 44, 54; cf. 11:24).

As far as the headless person and other paranormal events, the Bible tells me they are demons. We disagree on quite a few scriptures. Perhaps both of us should read and pray about these discrepancies.

Back