Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Do We Need to Keep the Sabbath (The LORD's Day) Holy?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Quote glorydaz: " plain there is little understanding of Romans among some professing Christians. Paul is speaking of the condition of mankind. I won't walk you through this portion of Scripture...if you can't see this isn't describing the church then there's no hope of your seeing anything else Paul is saying. "

glorydaz

First, this is a very bold statement by you.

Second, You have this tendancy not to give others credit where credit is due.

The book of Romans is written to the church, so who else could it be addressed too ?

Mysteryman said:
For a man in the OT to do good, was to follow God and the law. This of course would be the children of Israel who were given the law.

?
The children of Israel were given the law (ten commandments?) to do what with it? What was their primary commission? Walk around and say "look I'm hot and you're not?"

And while I'm asking ... who are the children of Israel or Israelites? Please make it short. Thank you.

No one in the OT knew right from wrong based upon what was in their mind, unless they learned it.

In the OT it was basically listen, and learn by experience. And as I said, "fear" was the motivating factor ---

Proverbs 3:7 - "fear the Lord, and depart from evil"

Proverbs 1:7 - "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction"

Verse 5 - " A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels"

God tried to teach Cain about when his countenance falls, that sin lies at the door. But Cain was a fool for not listening to the Lord. So he was unwise in his own conceits. And because he did not fear the words of the Lord, he did not accept the wise words of the Lord, thus became a fool.

God tried to teach Adam , for him not to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, that , for in that day, he would surely die. The lack of fear, is when one is motivated by their own conceits instead of the wisdom of the Lord, who tried to instruct him.

change said:
I believe we should, do you?

Please give your answers in no more than 3 small paragraphs. Please give your understanding of scriptures quoted.

May the creator continue to add true meaning to your search of the scripyures.

It ALL just depends on who one LOVES!

Heb. 10
[14] For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
[15] Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, (see Heb. 8:10 + 2 Cor. 3:3!)

[16] This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put [my laws] into [their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;]

Yes, surely this Is the NEW BIRTH! These ones are not STILL DEAD as most are that will die the SECOND DEATH! Obad. 1:16

For Rom. 2:13 states.. 'For [not the hearers] of the law [are just] before God, [but the doers of the law shall be justified].'

--Elijah

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back