Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do we receive whatever things we ask in prayer, believing?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I believe God will answer all prayers of the believer and to say God will not answer such prayers accuses God a liar. Maybe I've missed something?

There is the possibility that we are misunderstanding each other in that I am suggesting that God always gives an answer to prayer, even if the answer is to not answer. Suggesting that God "ignores" a prayer request implies that he does not care. I do not believe this at all. I believe God deeply cares about our desires and feelings, but it is precisely because he knows what is best for us far more than we ourselves that he chooses not to answer some prayers. However, since the end result is the same, it becomes a distinction without a difference to ask, "did god just not answer the prayer or did he ignore it".

I believe that to invoke the name of Jesus is more than just uttering the name. It involves a trust and faith in Him. Have you any Scripture references that record God not answering prayers from a believer? And by "not answering prayers" I'm talking about God ignoring or turning His back to the petitioner.

Before I get to the example you asked for, I'd like to comment on your very interesting phrasing of "turning his back on the petitioner" because I believe it encapsulates exactly a point which I feel is significant about prayer. Your question, the way you've phrased it, is basically asking, if God, a loving God, dared not to answer a prayer request would it equate to God becoming unloving by "turning his back" on the poor petitioner? The implication seems to be that, yes, he would not only become unloving, but a liar if he chose not to answer a prayer. In other words, God is not allowed to say no without becoming the bad guy.

But is that really consistent with what Jesus said? Is God a liar if he doesn't answer every single prayer? Perhaps there is some confusion because there are two seperate (yet similar) issues here. There is the "belief" part and then there is the question of whether or not God has the right to not answer a prayer request (despite the petitioners belief). First, the belief issue. If we're asking for something which is not consistent with what God wants then it will not matter how strong our faith. I have more to share about possible exceptions to this conclusion but I won't go into that right now.

Next, the "right to say no" issue. More than one person on this thread has already made mention of the clause "according to thy will" in the context of prayer but you don't reference it at all in your questions and conclusions. Instead, you talk of throwing mountains into the sea and withering trees. I'm fine to consider the possibility that God could allow an individual the opportunity to excercise their own wisdom in deciding when such drastic measures may be necessary, but by the time someone reaches the point when they have the wisdom to decide when it's necessary to throw a mountain into the sea they would have learned that God is the boss and he has a right to say no.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, but one wonders if it really is a godly, wisdom-creating fear which causes a person to conclude that God would be a liar if he chose to say no to one of his creations. It is part of "counting the cost" (Luke 14:28) to understand that God is the boss. As Christians we really need to get this clear; before he is a loving God he is a sovreign God. He has the right to tell us to kill our own children and we would be wrong to disobey (Gen 22:2).

Now, for the example you asked for. "Let this cup pass from me, but not my will, your will". Regarding his sacrificial death on the cross Jesus prayed this three times (matthew 26:39-42). In the end we know that Jesus' prayer was not answered but that's okay because he was willing to hear "no". He told the disciples that he could call down legions of angels to save himself if he wanted, but again he chose to hear "no" despite having the faith to make it happen. He understood that his prayer was not consistent with God's will for him.

Personally, I don't think Jesus was upset about the physical torture so much as he was about the prospect of taking on sin, which meant God would, indeed, "turn his back" on him, which is why Jesus cried out, "my God why have you forsaken me". That severed connection is what caused him so much anxiety that he sweat blood (Luke 22:44).

I have had to go to the Lord many times and ask, why is this not working? What am I doing wrong here? You would be amazed at things You have to change, and get in line you were ignorant about.

Hi BM. I agree with your assessment that we need to be willing to ask "what am I doing wrong". I don't see what it is that we are actually disagreeing on. Perhaps it is because I am suggesting that even if we have mighty faith and even if what we are asking for really is good (e.g. healing a cancer patient) that God could still say no, not because of our lack of faith or that we are "asking amiss" but that the prayer request may not be consistent with what God wants. We have thoughts and desires, but God has those things, too.

I am only suggesting that we need to be willing to hear no even if it's not our fault.

I always kinda wonder how it is that people see a worldly job as an answer to prayer, especially when the answer to the prayer seems to point to greater dependence on the worldly system of love for wages.

And I always kinda wonder how someone can judge another as being to dependent on the world we must live in. Some people like their jobs because they like to eat, and anyone here that says they don't have some dependency on the world is very likely not being truthful.

Not a thing wrong with praying for a better Job and if you use a single dollar bill, you are at least somewhat dependent on the worldly system of love for wages but, I'd guess all of us are much more dependent than just that.

Live in the world but don't be of the world..

JMT, on, you didn't have enough faith...we don't know that.
"Everything I pray, comes to pass". don't you believe it and don't feel as if you are doing something wrong or all yours would come to pass too.
You asked the wrong thing? if so, I don't see it.
Are you living right? no, don't compare your sins to others, just take care of yourself in that regard, you have a Bible, you know how to act and only you know if you are falling short, if so, fix it as it needs to be fixed anyway, if not and you live well within reason of what is expected, don't worry about it.

Why weren't your prayers answered....I don't know.

Use the good advice here and weed out the bad and maybe ask God why your prayers weren't answered and what you need to do to get them answered. He is after all where the buck stops and as I understand it, he'll listen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi BM. I agree with your assessment that we need to be willing to ask "what am I doing wrong". I don't see what it is that we are actually disagreeing on. Perhaps it is because I am suggesting that even if we have mighty faith and even if what we are asking for really is good (e.g. healing a cancer patient) that God could still say no, not because of our lack of faith or that we are "asking amiss" but that the prayer request may not be consistent with what God wants. We have thoughts and desires, but God has those things, too.

I am only suggesting that we need to be willing to hear no even if it's not our fault.

First your right, Wisdom is the Principle thing. Seeking this before asking can save a whole lot of frustration and disappointment. Our answer does not often involve a miracle, but just direction to do this or go talk to that person. Even stop eating that.
(Pro 4:7)
(Pro 3:5)

Read this scripture for me please.
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
(1Jn 5:14-15)

There is a whole lot of answer here as to why prayers are not answered and why they are answered.

I won't take the time to prove, God most certainly does not want us to have cancer, in fact it's a byproduct of the curse of the law through disobedience. (Deut 28)

How do you have confidence in God? (Baring that you have not condemned your own heart through sin and/or disobedience)
(knowing his will on something)

What happens if we pray according to God's will?
(We know God heard what we prayed)

What if we pray, and don't know his will?
(No confidence that God even heard) "this is why be thy will prayers don't work out so well"

What happens if we know his will, Know God heard?
(What you asked for is done, and better than you asked, according to the Love, faith, and obedience you walk in "God's Grace on your life: (Eph 3:20)

Asking Amiss:
(I posted what James meant by this on top. There is scripture above and below also that James said connected to this. Murder, and Adultery are a couple things James mentioned as to why we ask amiss. Nothing to do with wanting healed, or a car to drive, read my post)

So, by the scripture, it's not about God saying NO. It's never about God, or His fault. It's about knowing the Will of God and where we don't know God's will, we seek until we find it out. If we don't Know God's will about Cancer, it's not time to pray, it's time to ask and seek, get it settled. if God healed one, He will heal you, He is no respecter of persons, he never changes,Jesus never changed.

If your wanting someone else healed, that brings a whole other dynamic into the picture. Faith, their heart not wanting to change on something they know to change, all kinds of things.

The laborers (for the kingdom of Heaven) are few because they are too busy working for another master (Matthew 6:24).

JD, you add the Matthew 6:24 to your comment, as if you are citing that verse:

"The laborers (for the kingdom of Heaven) are few because they are too busy working for another master(Matthew 6:24)"

That strongly indicates what "you" say is, at the very least, the meaning of Matthew 6:24 when it is not. What you say is what you mean and what the verse says is what it means.

Now, on your comment itself, you, by far more than simple implication, say we are working for Satan if we work any worldly job. First the person you were referring to never said what their job was so do you assume we all work a worldly job, hence we all work for the other master...Satan?

Or, to help clear up the same, instead of my asking what you consider to be a "worldly" Job because it's implied the list would be very long, I will instead ask you what a non worldly Job is?

Hi Kenny. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the topic. I'm happy to hear from you. :)

And I always kinda wonder how someone can judge another as being to dependent on the world we must live in.

We all judge. It's quite impossible to know right from wrong without judgment. In the Bible I believe there is some warning about making absolute judgments (like who will be saved and who won't be) and some warning about making unfair judgments, but surely nothing against fair judgment. Even a comment that we should not judge is a judgment in itself.

Now, on your comment itself, you, by far more than simple implication, say we are working for Satan if we work any worldly job. First the person you were referring to never said what their job was so do you assume we all work a worldly job, hence we all work for the other master...Satan?

I think you've had a fairly significant misunderstanding of what Matthew 6:24 says. Satan is not mentioned at all. The two masters are described as God and Mammon (money and the things money can buy). Jesus explains that we cannot work for both at the same time without cheating on one or the other. He says we will love one and despise the other.

The obvious question is, which do we hate? And if it's mammon that we hate, the question becomes, "why do we work for what we hate"? Jesus followed this teaching up with commands that we should consider the birds and flowers precisely because they do not work for money and yet God takes care of them. He said we should not allow anxiety about material needs stop us from stepping out in faith and seeking his kingdom first. These teachings can be found in Matthew 6:24-34. I'd like to hear your thoughts on them.

Nice John Darling. Thank you for letting me know that this scripture has no relevance.
1Ti 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Hi Deborah. With all these topics there will always be some verses which, at least appear to, contradict one another, though I don't see them as contradictory or that they should compete with one another. So when you say, "what about this or that verse!", I think there must either be some way to reconcile the two, or one must be more right than the other, especially if you make it a competition between Jesus and Paul.

However, in the case you've suggested, I don't think it's a competition. I think they reconcile just fine. For example, I was suggesting that God is able to provide for his laborers. You posted a counter argument about people who need to provide for their family (presumably by working for money) or they will be worse than infidels. But do you think God is an infidel? He made a promise to provide for those who work for him rather than for the systems of man. Do you think he keeps his promises? He even gave us an example via his son and his followers by sending them out without any material provision. They declared that they lacked nothing; they were provided for. I posted these scriptures for you but you didn't address them specifically. Did you see them?

The early church in acts was made up of thousands of believers who sold all they had and lived together communally. They "shared all things in common" and "everyone was cared for according to their need" (Acts 2:44-45, Acts 4:34-35). They trusted God enough to forsake all and work for him. Were they infidels?

Last edited:
The obvious question is, which do we hate? And if it's mammon that we hate, the question becomes, "why do we work for what we hate"?
Why would we hate what the Lord has blessed us with to care for our family and share with others?
I would imagine that by interpreting this verse the way you do...you believe the Lord was telling us to hate our parents. :confused2

Why would we hate what the Lord has blessed us with to care for our family and share with others?
I would imagine that by interpreting this verse the way you do...you believe the Lord was telling us to hate our parents. :confused2

Hi Deborah. Isn't it just a matter of looking at what Jesus actually said? Is that really so crazy?

MT 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

The early church in acts was made up of thousands of believers who sold all they had and lived together communally. They "shared all things in common" and "everyone was cared for according to their need" (Acts 2:44-45, Acts 4:34-35). They trusted God enough to forsake all and work for him. Were they infidels?
Where does it say that the people in the church quit the jobs? Paul, Priscella and Ananias were tentmakers.

Hi Deborah. Isn't it just a matter of looking at what Jesus actually said? Is that really so crazy?

MT 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
And so look at the actual words that Paul said and reconcile the two. I don't have an issue with it, you seem to be the one who can't. If you have, just spit it out. If not, there is no point to keep repeating the same scriptures.
If you have never worked a job, other than in the ministry, I am happy for you. Praise God!

We all judge. It's quite impossible to know right from wrong without judgment. In the Bible I believe there is some warning about making absolute judgments (like who will be saved and who won't be) and some warning about making unfair judgments, but surely nothing against fair judgment. Even a comment that we should not judge is a judgment in itself.

You skirt the issue. The point wasn't judgment in general, it was about getting on to, judging, whatever you want to call it...someone as being to dependent on the world we must live in. To be clear, my point, this particular subject, is in bold

I think you've had a fairly significant misunderstanding of what Matthew 6:24 says. Satan is not mentioned at all. The two masters are described as God and Mammon (money and the things money can buy). Jesus explains that we cannot work for both at the same time without cheating on one or the other. He says we will love one and despise the other.

You are correct but really, my oversight means little when it comes to my point as I am talking about money and some of the odd ball posts as I see them, that you have made.

Where exactly does Jesus say this? "Jesus explains that we cannot work for both at the same time without cheating on one or the other."

And you really need to answer the following. See, for the sake of this probable disagreement, I need to know what is non worldly work or work that doesn't put us in the position of working for mammon.

Or, to help clear up the same, instead of my asking what you consider to be a "worldly" Job because it's implied the list would be very long, I will instead ask you what a non worldly Job is?

You also need to answer why you assume Deb, in this case is working for mammon and not your idea of non worldly work.

To pick and choose what to answer and what not too, tells a story and doesn't give me the info I need to continue here.

There is the possibility that we are misunderstanding each other in that I am suggesting that God always gives an answer to prayer, even if the answer is to not answer. Suggesting that God "ignores" a prayer request implies that he does not care. I do not believe this at all. I believe God deeply cares about our desires and feelings, but it is precisely because he knows what is best for us far more than we ourselves that he chooses not to answer some prayers. However, since the end result is the same, it becomes a distinction without a difference to ask, "did god just not answer the prayer or did he ignore it".

Before I get to the example you asked for, I'd like to comment on your very interesting phrasing of "turning his back on the petitioner" because I believe it encapsulates exactly a point which I feel is significant about prayer. Your question, the way you've phrased it, is basically asking, if God, a loving God, dared not to answer a prayer request would it equate to God becoming unloving by "turning his back" on the poor petitioner? The implication seems to be that, yes, he would not only become unloving, but a liar if he chose not to answer a prayer. In other words, God is not allowed to say no without becoming the bad guy.

But is that really consistent with what Jesus said? Is God a liar if he doesn't answer every single prayer? Perhaps there is some confusion because there are two seperate (yet similar) issues here. There is the "belief" part and then there is the question of whether or not God has the right to not answer a prayer request (despite the petitioners belief). First, the belief issue. If we're asking for something which is not consistent with what God wants then it will not matter how strong our faith. I have more to share about possible exceptions to this conclusion but I won't go into that right now.

Next, the "right to say no" issue. More than one person on this thread has already made mention of the clause "according to thy will" in the context of prayer but you don't reference it at all in your questions and conclusions. Instead, you talk of throwing mountains into the sea and withering trees. I'm fine to consider the possibility that God could allow an individual the opportunity to excercise their own wisdom in deciding when such drastic measures may be necessary, but by the time someone reaches the point when they have the wisdom to decide when it's necessary to throw a mountain into the sea they would have learned that God is the boss and he has a right to say no.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, but one wonders if it really is a godly, wisdom-creating fear which causes a person to conclude that God would be a liar if he chose to say no to one of his creations. It is part of "counting the cost" (Luke 14:28) to understand that God is the boss. As Christians we really need to get this clear; before he is a loving God he is a sovreign God. He has the right to tell us to kill our own children and we would be wrong to disobey (Gen 22:2).

Now, for the example you asked for. "Let this cup pass from me, but not my will, your will". Regarding his sacrificial death on the cross Jesus prayed this three times (matthew 26:39-42). In the end we know that Jesus' prayer was not answered but that's okay because he was willing to hear "no". He told the disciples that he could call down legions of angels to save himself if he wanted, but again he chose to hear "no" despite having the faith to make it happen. He understood that his prayer was not consistent with God's will for him.

Personally, I don't think Jesus was upset about the physical torture so much as he was about the prospect of taking on sin, which meant God would, indeed, "turn his back" on him, which is why Jesus cried out, "my God why have you forsaken me". That severed connection is what caused him so much anxiety that he sweat blood (Luke 22:44).
I feel like we are not getting on the same page. The distinction I'm trying to make is between "not answering a prayer" verses saying "No." I see these as two different things and I get the impression maybe you are equating them?

I think there a four possible responses that God can make to prayer.
1. "Yes."
2. "No."
3. "Not now."
4. no answer.

I do not believe that God will apply #4 because I believe He answers all prayer from believers. This is expressed in Matthew 21:21-22, Mark 11:22-24, and 1 John 5:14-15 NKJV

Another important distinction I'm trying to make is when I use the word "believer". John 9:31 NKJV Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him.

I asked God to take away my pride, and God said "NO".
He said it was not for Him to take away, but for me to give up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole, and God said "NO".
He said her spirit is whole, her body is only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience, and God said "NO".
He said that patience is a by-product of tribulation,
it isn't granted, it's earned.

I asked God to give me happiness, and God said "NO".
He said He gives blessings, happiness is up to me.

I asked God to spare me pain, and God said "NO".
He said suffering draws you apart from worldly cares
and brings yo closer to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow, and He said "NO".
He said I must grow on my own, but He will prune me to make me fruitful.

I asked God to help me love others as much as He loves me,
And God said "Ah, finally you have the idea"!

I feel like we are not getting on the same page. The distinction I'm trying to make is between "not answering a prayer" verses saying "No." I see these as two different things and I get the impression maybe you are equating them?

I think there a four possible responses that God can make to prayer.
1. "Yes."
2. "No."
3. "Not now."
4. no answer.

I do not believe that God will apply #4 because I believe He answers all prayer from believers. This is expressed in Matthew 21:21-22, Mark 11:22-24, and 1 John 5:14-15 NKJV

Another important distinction I'm trying to make is when I use the word "believer". John 9:31 NKJV Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him.

You have the scriptures to back up the "NO" and "NOT NOW" answers?

If Jesus said to believe you receive, God would never say "NOT NOW" that would violate what Jesus said.
If you ask according to his will, then the answer would never be NO.
Are we suppose to ask Amiss, as James said for murder, fighting, adultery? NO

Just the scriptures with the "NO" answer and the "NOT NOW" answer. Even God spoke calling those things that were not as though they were.

Psa_2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
(Mar 11:24)

So if God would ever say, NOT NOW, then Jesus was wrong.

Can you explain this WIP so I can understand better? With scripture I must have missed.

Matthew 6:24-34

No John, those verses do not say the following as you state it does Jesus explains that we cannot work for both at the same time without cheating on one or the other.

It says as you quoted here, but interestingly enough, chose not to bold the "serve" part as you did other major words:

It says we cannot "serve" both God and mammon and again, does not say we cannot "work" for money and still serve God. There is a big difference and I'd be very careful passing around my own version as you did here and other places on this thread:

john darling said:

The laborers (for the kingdom of Heaven) are few because they are too busy working for another master (Matthew 6:24).

Many that you accuse are not working for or serving that other master by working for a wage as you say they are.

On the questions I asked a couple of times, but you chose not to answer, I'm beginning to see why now and will assume, you yourself know there is something wrong with your distinguishing between making our money in service of the Church as OK and in whatever other occupation you feel is working for money as not so good because they, no doubt work for, hence, serve Mammon. I hope that's the reason anyway, but if I'm wrong on that and you decide to answer them/explain at some point, we can still discuss it.

A tad more to drive the point home. :)

If you get paid in money in service to the Church, you are doing precisely the same thing as any of us that are paid in money, you are working for it, you are getting wages for your work. Your work makes you no better than those that, for instance, feed you by growing food for you to spend your wages on. Where would you be without the farmer? ...one of the very people you suddenly got shy about saying they work for/serve mammon because they aren't in service of the Church. The farmer works for a wage but that in itself doesn't mean they "work for" as you put it or "serve" mammon.

On the other hand, there are those who actually do serve mammon in the Church and elsewhere. Whatever Master you choose to serve, is up to you/them, whether you work in the service of the Church or not, but again, that has absolutely nothing to do with working for a living whether that be in service to the Church or in service to mankind in general with a non Church job.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have the scriptures to back up the "NO" and "NOT NOW" answers?

If Jesus said to believe you receive, God would never say "NOT NOW" that would violate what Jesus said.
If you ask according to his will, then the answer would never be NO.
Are we suppose to ask Amiss, as James said for murder, fighting, adultery? NO

Just the scriptures with the "NO" answer and the "NOT NOW" answer. Even God spoke calling those things that were not as though they were.

Psa_2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Can you explain this WIP so I can understand better? With scripture I must have missed.
I rarely get involved in discussions like this so my apologies ahead of time if I drop out. I must admit that your challenge was fun.

To the question of when God says no I found these. Oh, by the way, I agree with you that if you ask "according to His will" the answer is not going to be no. My point all along has been that He always answers the believer. You seem to be saying he sometimes doesn't answer a believer.

But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he became angry. So he prayed to the Lord, and said, “Ah, Lord, was not this what I said when I was still in my country? Therefore I fled previously to Tarshish; for I know that You are a gracious and merciful God, slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness, One who relents from doing harm. Therefore now, O Lord, please take my life from me, for it is better for me to die than to live!” Then the Lord said, “Is it right for you to be angry?” So Jonah went out of the city and sat on the east side of the city. There he made himself a shelter and sat under it in the shade, till he might see what would become of the city.
Jonah 4:1-5 NKJV

God did not grant Jonah’s request.

From the Gospels I found this from the prayer in the garden.
He went a little farther, and fell on the ground, and prayed that if it were possible, the hour might pass from Him. And He said, “Abba, Father, all things are possible for You. Take this cup away from Me.
Mark 14:35-36 NKJV

God did not grant Jesus’ request.

To the question of when God says not now I found these.

God’s promise to Abraham took 25 years to come to fruition.
But Abram said, “Lord God, what will You give me, seeing I go childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?” Then Abram said, “Look, You have given me no offspring; indeed one born in my house is my heir!” And behold, the word of the Lord came to him, saying, “This one shall not be your heir, but one who will come from your own body shall be your heir.”
Genesis 15:2-4 NKJV

24 years later…
When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am Almighty God; walk before Me and be blameless. And I will make My covenant between Me and you, and will multiply you exceedingly.”
Genesis 17:1-2 NKJV

Then God said to Abraham, “As for Sarai your wife, you shall not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall be her name. And I will bless her and also give you a son by her; then I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of peoples shall be from her.” Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed, and said in his heart, “Shall a child be born to a man who is one hundred years old? And shall Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child?” Then God said: “No, Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his descendants after him.
Genesis 17:15-17, 19 NKJV

One more year later…
And the Lord visited Sarah as He had said, and the Lord did for Sarah as He had spoken. For Sarah conceived and bore Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him. And Abraham called the name of his son who was born to him—whom Sarah bore to him—Isaac. Then Abraham circumcised his son Isaac when he was eight days old, as God had commanded him. Now Abraham was one hundred years old when his son Isaac was born to him.
Genesis 21:1-5 NKJV

Here we read about how we are to be patient with God.
Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart, saying: “There was in a certain city a judge who did not fear God nor regard man. Now there was a widow in that city; and she came to him, saying, ‘Get justice for me from my adversary.’ And he would not for a while; but afterward he said within himself, ‘Though I do not fear God nor regard man, yet because this widow troubles me I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.’”

Then the Lord said, “Hear what the unjust judge said. And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?”
Luke 18:1-8 NKJV

Every time we recite The Lord’s Prayer we ask that God’s kingdom come. We are still waiting.

Also in Psalm 69 NKJV we read about David waiting for answered prayer.
1 Save me, O God!
For the waters have come up to my neck.
2 I sink in deep mire,
Where there is no standing;
I have come into deep waters,
Where the floods overflow me.
3 I am weary with my crying;
My throat is dry;
My eyes fail while I wait for my God.

Maybe I can help. If (and correct me if I misunderstand) you are referring to Mar 11:24 when saying Jesus would have to be wrong if God said "not now", not so. The verse, in part, states "and ye shall have them".....doesn't say when so a "not now" could easily be a possibility there.

Back