Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Do you ever wonder??

Now I believe in Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior, but have you ever had a moment when you questioned God's existence? Any moment in time where you thought "Is he real" and " How do I know he is"? How did you come to know for a fact that he is real??

Absolutely I have. There was a period in my life when I did not believe at all. For me however, I cannot recall any one moment in time when I had a eureka moment. My conversion has been gradual and began some time around 20 years ago in the mid-nineties. God revealed things to me when I was ready to have them revealed. This is partly why I chose my username, WIP. The name is an acronym for Work In Progress. This is also why I believe it is not necessary to completely grasp all of scripture at one time. I believe God provides us with what we need to know when we need to know it. In order for Him to do this however, we need to ask, seek, and knock.

Absolutely I have. There was a period in my life when I did not believe at all. For me however, I cannot recall any one moment in time when I had a eureka moment. My conversion has been gradual and began some time around 20 years ago in the mid-nineties. God revealed things to me when I was ready to have them revealed. This is partly why I chose my username, WIP. The name is an acronym for Work In Progress. This is also why I believe it is not necessary to completely grasp all of scripture at one time. I believe God provides us with what we need to know when we need to know it. In order for Him to do this however, we need to ask, seek, and knock.
I agree. He says to seek him. I guess I just feel kinda guilty. But I'm getting better.

Doubt is not unusual and one doesn't have to feel alone. We all encounter doubt on occasion. It's what we do with it that is important. Even Jesus' disciples who spent three years in direct relationship with him, watching as he healed the sick, restored deformities, gave the blind sight, restored hearing to the deaf, restored speech to the mute, walked on water, commanded wind and waves to calm, withered fig trees with but a word, and raised the dead back to life had doubts. Peter while actually walking on water began to have doubts and fell in as a result. Thomas refused to believe Jesus had risen from the dead until he saw him in person.

Satan will use these times as opportunities to poke us all the more so it is at these times when we need to really focus our eyes upon Jesus.

Now I believe in Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior, but have you ever had a moment when you questioned God's existence? Any moment in time where you thought "Is he real" and " How do I know he is"? How did you come to know for a fact that he is real??
Yes,I think alot of Christian have.That is when you say "satan get behind me".

I used to in the beginning.

Today I know He's real because of the things I've witnessed.

I remember those days. my life was falling apart and now its not like that but its a lot better that I have believed.

Doubt is not unusual and one doesn't have to feel alone. We all encounter doubt on occasion. It's what we do with it that is important. Even Jesus' disciples who spent three years in direct relationship with him, watching as he healed the sick, restored deformities, gave the blind sight, restored hearing to the deaf, restored speech to the mute, walked on water, commanded wind and waves to calm, withered fig trees with but a word, and raised the dead back to life had doubts. Peter while actually walking on water began to have doubts and fell in as a result. Thomas refused to believe Jesus had risen from the dead until he saw him in person.

Satan will use these times as opportunities to poke us all the more so it is at these times when we need to really focus our eyes upon Jesus.
That's exactly what my friend said. The devil goes after the strongest Christians, but we have to resist him and trust Christ.

That's exactly what my friend said. The devil goes after the strongest Christians, but we have to resist him and trust Christ.
Satan does not like my love and faith for God.I sometimes feel that.But you need not be afraid of the evil one because God is much more powerful.

Satan loves to plant doubt in our mind especially when we take our focus off of Christ, even for a brief moment, as all he can do is try and steal our faith, which is Christ Jesus. There have been many times I questioned of Gods existence then just as quick as I question allowing myself a moment in the flesh I also am quick to know the things He has done for me.

2Co 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2Co 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Satan loves to plant doubt in our mind especially when we take our focus off of Christ, even for a brief moment, as all he can do is try and steal our faith, which is Christ Jesus. There have been many times I questioned of Gods existence then just as quick as I question allowing myself a moment in the flesh I also am quick to know the things He has done for me.

2Co 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2Co 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
Exactly. I just hate having those moments. Thank you very much. I will always look to my personal Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for answers.

Dear Sister Eboni Gray, you might associate with Mar 9:24 . . . Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

Christians have battles. Have you fought bad thoughts, thought stupidly, and wonder if you're saved; how can these things be even in prayer if you're really in Christ?

John Bunyan had similar thinking. The following is an excerpt from his book "Pilgrim's Progress". Wicked ones whispered to Christian (The main character) on his trip from the city of destruction to the celestial city.

One thing I would not let slip; I took notice that now poor CHRISTIAN was so confounded, that he did not know his own voice. And thus I perceived it: just when he was come over against the mouth of the burning pit, one of the wicked ones got behind him, and stept up softly to him; and whisperingly suggested many grievous blasphemies to him--which he verily thought had proceeded from his own mind. This put CHRISTIAN more to it than anything that he met with before, even to think that he should now blaspheme him that he loved so much before! Yet could he have helped it, he would not have done it; but he had not the discretion neither to stop his ears, nor to know from whence those blasphemies came.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said? . .

Blessings in Christ Jesus. :wave2

Dear Sister Eboni Gray, you might associate with Mar 9:24 . . . Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

Christians have battles. Have you fought bad thoughts, thought stupidly, and wonder if you're saved; how can these things be even in prayer if you're really in Christ?

John Bunyan had similar thinking. The following is an excerpt from his book "Pilgrim's Progress". Wicked ones whispered to Christian (The main character) on his trip from the city of destruction to the celestial city.

One thing I would not let slip; I took notice that now poor CHRISTIAN was so confounded, that he did not know his own voice. And thus I perceived it: just when he was come over against the mouth of the burning pit, one of the wicked ones got behind him, and stept up softly to him; and whisperingly suggested many grievous blasphemies to him--which he verily thought had proceeded from his own mind. This put CHRISTIAN more to it than anything that he met with before, even to think that he should now blaspheme him that he loved so much before! Yet could he have helped it, he would not have done it; but he had not the discretion neither to stop his ears, nor to know from whence those blasphemies came.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said? . .

Blessings in Christ Jesus. :wave2
Thank you!! Just bookmarked those scriptures. They really helped! The Lord Jesus Christ will get me out of this.

Back