Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Do you feel we are in the last days?

Last days?

• Yes, because it just seems that way

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Without a doubt!! I believe there's been plenty of proof from scripture cited here. I'll take another path: (today's headlines from around the globe:

1-The mark of the beast:
NJM/CLI releases system to apply RFID tag to bottles
Developed in pilot projects with drugmakers Purdue and Pfizer last year, NJM/CLI’s RFID label applicator is now commercially available to a range of industries
â€â€RFID Journal
New technology uses human body for broadband networking
'As more and more implants go into bodies, the need for a good Internet Protocol connection increases'
â€â€Guardian
Iris recognition deployment in a Middle Eastern nation
'Iris recognition is uniquely suited to large-scale applications such as this, delivering superb accuracy at a very competitive cost'
â€â€Contactless News

2-Our faltering planet (for the "scientists" out there :-? )

No stopping global warming, studies predict
Sea levels will rise ... droughts, heat waves and storms will become more severe, the climate experts predict
â€â€Reuters

3-World government:
UN: Abortion a key 'Development Goal'
'Reproductive health and rights are at the core of life for every human being' and 'include...the means to avoid unwanted pregnancies'
â€â€C-FAM

UN peacekeeping patrols seize weapons in Congo
About 500 peacekeepers from four companies, comprising troops from the Bangladeshi, Pakistani, South African, Moroccan and Nepalese contingents, carried out Operation Djugu VI
â€â€UN News

Chiefs of UN peacekeeping missions meet this week at annual New York retreat
The heads of the 18 UN peacekeeping missions will hold their annual meeting to exchange experiences and opinions on integrating ...
â€â€UN News

U.S. to focus on Cuba, N. Korea at UN human rights meeting
Officials noted the imbalance of resolutions regarding the Israeli/Palestinian situation and said they hoped recent events in the region would lead to positive developments regarding the issue
â€â€News Max

Annan's proposed deal for better world is 'bold and achievable'
... tackling climate change, elaborating a comprehensive anti-terrorism treaty, creating a UN peacebuilding commission and a UN human rights council, establishing a democracy fund ...
â€â€UN News

Naval Institute fires a salvo at the Law of the Sea Treaty
The Naval Institute's prestigious publication Proceedings published an article strongly urging the Senate to vote against ratification of the Law of the Sea Treaty
â€â€New American

4- The 6th Trumpet watch:
U.S. must take a firm stance
The U.S. cannot allow a democracy like Taiwan to fall into the control of a backward autocracy like China
â€â€Taipei Times

U.S. still concerned about Pakistani nuke black market
Rice said the Khan network represents a threat to the entire world, and said everything possible must be done to uproot any illegal nuclear proliferation
â€â€VOA News

Russian-Chinese military excercise is quite legitimate and transparent
The forthcoming Russo-Chinese military exercise is not directed against any third parties, Russian General of the Army Yury Baluyevsky said
â€â€RIA Novosti

China firmly opposes U.S. act on Anti-Secession Law
China is strongly unsatisfied with and firmly opposes the act adopted by the U.S. House of Representatives on China's Anti-Secession Law, said Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Liu Jianchao
â€â€Peoples Daily

Want more? Just pick up your paper or watch the news....the evidence is right in front of you and the GuideBook lays it all out....... :-D

Let's see, people choose to argue with God's Word...but choose to avoid media headlines....hhmmmmmm :-D

My Two Cents

Personally....I don't mind the open discussion of this...but I've known some people to become obsessed over this topic, and are trying to find out when the end of their worldly pleasure will come. The life we are in is a vapor in eternity...I see no point in trying to analyze it or figure it out, because as we know, in Romans 8:28, all things will work for the good of the ones God has called. Accept the events that seem to be of the end times and embrace them as wonderful peices to the puzzle of the salvation of the elect.

This is just my opinion, not based on scripture at all.

Okay. Everyone in the middle east HATES Israel but cannot attack because the euphrates and tigris rivers are in the way. Until now, very few countries have had nuclear weapons. It's a problem that North Korea is developing them. it's bigger problem that Iran is as well. If Iran gets nuclear weapons, they can bomb whoever they want - including israel, thus resulting in armageddon. :-?

I don't think it's going to happen within the next few years. though some things in revelation are more vague than others, it clearly states that there will be 7 years of tribulation, though we don't know whether the rapture will happen before or after.

anyway. I don't know mch about the end-times, but it's like the most incredibly interesting thing in the bible to me. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back