Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do You Go to Church?

Do You Go to Church?

• Yes

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • I enjoy going I just don't go there every week

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

HeIsRisen2018

Dramione love 3333
Alright I am making this thread to prove to some people on here that I'm sure that I'm not the only occasional church goer on here that enjoys going from time to time but definitely isn't hardcore about it. (Also for the record I still read and study the scriptures daily) So this is strictly in confidant, (unless you want to give a written response of what you chose and anything more about it) and who chose what won't be revealed, but please go ahead and vote because I'm really curious on what the results are going to be.

I've gotten back to going. There was a period of time I didn't have a car, it was difficult to catch the bus with myself and two kids, cause hubby was working, and I didn't like going "on my own" - without hubby to help me feel more comfortable wading through all the unknown people of a big church...

I use to be better about going, but since my wife and I moved we haven't put the time to finding a new church until recently. (Haven't put the time for other things too, but that'shopefully still temporary new home new routines and settling in sort of thing.)

Either way, we're out of the habit now a days, but still go occasionally.

Alright I am making this thread to prove to some people on here that I'm sure that I'm not the only occasional church goer on here that enjoys going from time to time but definitely isn't hardcore about it. (Also for the record I still read and study the scriptures daily) So this is strictly in confidant, (unless you want to give a written response of what you chose and anything more about it) and who chose what won't be revealed, but please go ahead and vote because I'm really curious on what the results are going to be.
So what purpose is there to prove that there are other occasional church goers? Even if the results indicated that only 10% are church goers, does that support the idea that we should not attend worship services? Christianity is not and never should be a popularity contest.

We are also in the age of Grace, not works. Going to church every single time the church is open does not make us more Godly or Godlike. :) Only Jesus's blood can do that. We claim the relationship with him. Jesus just wanted to be in the Temple and elsewhere helping others learn about and worship the Father. We are doing that here as well as in church.

Over the past two years, my church attendance has been very poor. I have such a heavy work schedule at the moment that I'm working from home when I'm not at the office; this has caused my attendance to be lacking.

With that being said, I still spend a lot of time with God; He's there with every decision I make and every word I type.

I'm there every Sunday. My small group class is family at this point. Their kids know me and I them.
I don't like sitting to hear sermons... don't mind the music though. Actually it's the only reason I go to regular services.

My wife usually has lunch at least once a week with someone from our small group class.

When I do decide to go to church I like both the sermons and the music, and you can't beat the dress code. I go to the contemporary service so I get to just go in my jeans. :) I go there because I want to and I enjoy it and the people there are extremely nice and loving,.. but it isn't something that I feel like I have to do. It never was for me and it never will be.

We are also in the age of Grace, not works. Going to church every single time the church is open does not make us more Godly or Godlike.
I agree and at the same time disagree. I believe being in close fellowship with other Christians goes a lot farther toward helping us become more like Jesus than you're giving credit for. I believe that is why Scripture tells us to not avoid assembling together. It is an important part of our Christian walk and helps us remain strong and true to the faith. The phrase, "Out of sight, out of mind" comes to my attention.

I even expressed this in our own church when we chose to disassociate from the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. I expressed a concern that when we become an independent congregation it should be temporary and that we should eventually seek out another church association. I see a single independent congregation to be vulnerable just as I see an independent person as vulnerable.

We as Christians need each other, not just some but the whole. We are part of something much bigger than ourselves. Like Paul described it in 1 Corinthians 12, we all play a role and none of us is able to stand alone.

If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. And if they were all one member, where would the body be? But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”; nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty, but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.
1 Corinthians 12:15-26 NKJV

I didn't vote in order to prove a point to anyone, but that right now I do not attend any church unless a good word church would come back to my area. My husband and I have gone to some in our area, but never led Spiritually to be a part of them as there was no sound doctrine of Christ being taught.

Ephesians 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) 11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: 16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

That Jesus might fill all things as vs. 11 is what Jesus gave as in vs 12 for the perfecting of the saints, for what? For the work of the ministry, for edifying of the body of Christ.

For how long? Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ.

What is the fulness of Christ? The whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, 1 Corinthians Chapter 12, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part as we are assembled face to face, Hebrews 10:25.

I would rather go than not go. This newest church of mine is halfway across the city, so I have to find someone to give me a ride, or try to take the bus, or taxi is expensive, and right now it's too far to walk. BUT they have a "satellite service" at the Neighborhood Resource center our church helped make come alive so Christ could "move into the neighborhood" through us. They wanted some people to help out with it, plus they needed help with the singing, so I'm almost always there except when the bigger church's choir is singing. They have 2 services each Sunday.
I don't know what full effect on my opening up to them will have, but I know I'm not bound by anything I was holding back anymore. I hope to be a blessing on a continual basis.

lol Not sure how clear I have been here, sorry. I do attend every Sunday now. I help to lead the singing we do. I help set up, and clean up. I have been helping make the things to teach the kids the lessons from the Bible. We have a set of triplets who are 5 and they still need the support of having things cut out for them, or things might not be going out in one piece........ lol :biggrin

Oh yes and I couldn't always go even if I wanted to. I'm just not a huge religious person that's all. I believe (most) everything that everybody else on here believes but I'm more of a spiritual person than a religious person.

I should also point out to WIP, that there are no hard feelings between us. Just because we disagree about certain things doesn't mean that we're not brothers in Christ or friends anymore.

You'd hate the services at my local churches...to sum them up in one word 'dull'. I actually saw someone drop to sleep on the second pew from the front; and boy, did they snore! :sleep
The Apostle Paul had something similar happen...but the guy was sitting in a window sill high up...and when he fell asleep he fell to his death...but Paul worked a miracle and brought him back to life.

Back