Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do you make ubelievers angry?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I think Jethro should do something about that, really. Christ and His disciples didn't quit. We will always face persecution.

Was this directed to me? I get plenty out of coming here. A chance to talk and think about ideas with people who have different ideas than me. I don't find it all that appealing to visit with people who think just like me. Where would the challenge to my own thoughts come from in that environment? I prefer a chance to rethink ideas than to simply have them confirmed by like-minded prejudices.

If you don't believe that Jesus was God in the flesh and God, Jesus and The Holy Spirit are one person working in unity then our teachings will never match..what's the point of discussing anything that has to do with God. You might as well be a Jehovah Witness knocking on my front door.

'And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth' (John 1.14).

I wish I made unbelievers angry, or at least uncomfortable, more often. Truth is, right now I'm only angering gay dudes, and that's largely because I"m no longer "one of the girls," and I've lost my "queer sensibility."

I wish I made unbelievers angry, or at least uncomfortable, more often. Truth is, right now I'm only angering gay dudes, and that's largely because I"m no longer "one of the girls," and I've lost my "queer sensibility."
Why do you have a drive to make Non Christians "angry"? What will it help to accomplish? If what you do makes non Christians happy? Isn't that a better outcome then?

Christ and His disciples didn't quit. We will always face persecution.

:amen

John 15:18 "If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you"

1 Peter 4:12 "Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you;"

2 Corinthians 12:10 : "Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

:amen

John 15:18 "If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you"

1 Peter 4:12 "Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you;"

2 Corinthians 12:10 : "Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

Agape:

Great verses, suitable selected. Blessings.

All you have to do is start talking about the requirements of God to make people mad at you. It doesn't matter how polite or careful you talk they will most likely get offended and angry.
I think that is probably true. It likely won't matter how nicely you tell people their lifestyle is an abomination, they will still likely take offense.

If you don't believe that Jesus was God in the flesh and God, Jesus and The Holy Spirit are one person working in unity then our teachings will never match..what's the point of discussing anything that has to do with God. You might as well be a Jehovah Witness knocking on my front door.
I have found there to be enough points of convergence that discussion still remains possible. Why, I've got 73 prior posts to prove it.

I think that is probably true. It likely won't matter how nicely you tell people their lifestyle is an abomination, they will still likely take offense.

:lol Is that what your parents told you when you were old enough? Son we really love you but you see God he thinks your an abomination. Yes that probably wouldn't be a very effective approach to share the gospel.

If you watch what they do in the way of the master they explain why a holy God can't tolerate sin. How we have all lied lusted stole. People weren't getting offended. They had an effective approach. In the US at least most people claim to be Christian but many don't go to church, read the bible, or stopped thinking about God. More common than die hard atheists and stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a scenario for you, The Unbeliever: Several years ago, I wore a silver pin in the shape of a Celtic cross... very ornate while simple at the same time. I was verbally attacked because of the pin, and the attacks were focused on my faith. The language was quite colorful. When the rant concluded, I simply said "God bless you" and walked away.

I was a grandmother-to-be at the time, and was going about my own business. I wasn't getting into the face of anyone; I wasn't trying to 'convert' anyone ... instead, I was trying to do some shopping so I could return home (and those who know me know I reallydon't like to shop!)

As you can see, I did nothing other than wear a Celtic cross pin. However, a non-believer decided to take issue with a piece of jewelry and attacked my faith. My thinking was and continues to be that there are rude people in all walks of life; bad behavior doesn't descriminate - it's equal opportunity.

PS: Yes, the Celtic shape is very recognizable.

It's also the basis for other designs, not only jewelry.

Blessings.

:lol Is that what your parents told you when you were old enough? Son we really love you but you see God he thinks your an abomination. Yes that probably wouldn't be a very effective approach to share the gospel.
No, usually people use nicer words, but once you are old enough to understand the implications of those nicer words, you realize you are still being told your lifestyle is an abomination, no matter how it is phrased.

My main take away is God died for me and he wants me to live forever and have a relationship with him. I thought you said your faith failed you and you made no choice? Were you trying to follow an unjust God? Are we worthy to ignore God's hand reaching out to us and live forever?

My main take away is God died for me and he wants me to live forever and have a relationship with him. I thought you said your faith failed you and you made no choice? Were you trying to follow an unjust God? Are we worthy to ignore God's hand reaching out to us and live forever?
That was how I operated as well. I was putting myself more in the position of someone who's lifestyle didn't match Christianities teachings (like homosexuals). I never experienced this myself, mostly because my own inclinations fit within the Christian paradigm fairly well. You are correct that in my case, it was my faith that failed, not my desire. It was a failure contrary to my own wishes.

Careful those thoughts don't become your own. We don't really need you to be the advocate of every unbeliever here man. I was trying to encourage the guy to share his faith and you were trying to discourage him.

Careful those thoughts don't become your own. We don't really need you to be the advocate of every unbeliever here man. I was trying to encourage the guy to share his faith and you were trying to discourage him.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to discourage him. Rather, I was trying to agree that there were certain truths about Christianity that were going to dissatisfy some no matter how well they may be worded. I would not suggest that this in itself was reason to then not utter these truths. There is always a need at some point in everyone's lives for the hearing of some hard truth which we would not choose for ourselves. I recognize this even as I disagree with much of Christian doctrine. I apologize if this became a means of discouragement.

Yhea you're a real thoughtful guy. I wouldn't want to see you get sucked up into feeling you have to represent all divergent thought being The Unbeliever ;)

Back