Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does anyone ever feel called to be single and a steward of the Lord?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I've always been a person who can do without the idea of falling in love. I have such a passion for engaging people and talking about our Lord Jesus Christ.

All throughout my teenage years when such things would be sought ought like dating, etc. I would want to remain single. As a woman in my late thirties now, that same inkling is still the same. I'm content being alone at home, though I do have a dog and she's my world.

I get fellowship from people and look to remain as such throughout my lifetime. I never actively searched out for a mate and I was just wondering if there was anybody out there that felt the same?

I'm certainly not Catholic, so I'm not a nun.

I know Paul the Apostle was all about his Father's business and likewise said if it were possible to remain single that would be the best option to make the Lord your primary focus but if anyone drowns in passion should find a partner you can spend your life with.

I never actively looked for the "one". I think if God happens to bring someone into my life and it's meant to happen it will but if it doesn't I'd be perfectly content just the same.

I know Paul the Apostle was all about his Father's business and likewise said if it were possible to remain single that would be the best option to make the Lord your primary focus but if anyone drowns in passion should find a partner you can spend your life with.

Yes, It becomes a matter of what the Lord ordains. Paul taught that he would that all men be as he was, but acknowledged that not all are called to the kind of life he was leading, according to the call of God.

People need to leave it up to the Lord how He will direct their lives.

Sometimes I think this but not as a desire but as a nightmare.
I understand that feeling, it's kind of overwhelming to consider an idea of solitude and going it alone.

The Lord has been gracious to me though, since I have many church activities I go to, work full time and have my blessed pup. God puts unsaved people in my path and I know he wants me to planet biblical seeds.

Yes, It becomes a matter of what the Lord ordains. Paul taught that he would that all men be as he was, but acknowledged that not all are called to the kind of life he was leading, according to the call of God.

People need to leave it up to the Lord how He will direct their lives.
I've never had a situation that came along that I felt the Lord's prompting to pursue that matter, so I stay single. I've gone places He's wanted me to go and am an active member of my church activities. I just don"t really have time. Though, who knows God could change that later on in life. I think where most young people get stuck today, is they want a mate so badly that they rush. I never wanted to do that.

Besides I'm pretty stuck in my ways living alone not sure I'd want anything to change. So, maybe that's what the Lord wants. For me to be content with Him and any people he has come my way keep it scriptural and tell them about Him. That's truly my passion, all about the Lord's business.

I love Paul's writings, he and David I relate with the most I think.

Though, who knows God could change that later on in life.

My wife was fully content being single when she met me, and was in her mid 40s and had been single her entire life. But she said the Lord told her to marry me, so she did.
I think where most young people get stuck today, is they want a mate so badly that they rush.

Yes.

Sister. Your on the right path. This isn't time for romance. Satan as antichrist will come near future. We don't want Christian people who lack faith or have subverted mind or compromised in foxhole with us. Ephesians chapter 6 to document. I know of distant cousin, who in 1980s got married. They weren't compadable. Myself, I wouldn't put myself in that position. I'm single. I'm focused on Jesus, and getting past antichrist. Be wary of who is in next foxholes. Peace.

Sister. Your on the right path. This isn't time for romance. Satan as antichrist will come near future. We don't want Christian people who lack faith or have subverted mind or compromised in foxhole with us. Ephesians chapter 6 to document. I know of distant cousin, who in 1980s got married. They weren't compadable. Myself, I wouldn't put myself in that position. I'm single. I'm focused on Jesus, and getting past antichrist. Be wary of who is in next foxholes. Peace.
What will you do when you get sick? We need people as much as they need us.

You could be aromantic - someone who doesn't experience romantic attraction/has no desire for romantic pursuit.

Or you could remain unlabeled if you like. Up to you.

I'm much the same, I am quite content to be single.

Back