Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

does anyone here actually like me

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Honestly, aside from being kinda inactive, this is prob the best Christian forum I've been on. Last year when stuff happened, I left this forum for a time and tried others. One I settled on for a while, turned out to be poorly moderated. I had multiple threads deleted without any warning or notice, and I had the hardest time tracking down any staff members to inquire about it. Once I finally did, they weren't very helpful and just gave me very generalized answers. They said one of my threads "might have been" removed because it was "offensive", and wouldn't specify further. Gimme a break.

Anyways. Idk. One of my recent threads here rocked the boat a lot, and I just feel like I'm no longer in good standing with the site. But I know feelings aren't accurate, and I'm prone to feeling things that may or may not be true due to anxiety issues.

Honestly, aside from being kinda inactive, this is prob the best Christian forum I've been on. Last year when stuff happened, I left this forum for a time and tried others. One I settled on for a while, turned out to be poorly moderated. I had multiple threads deleted without any warning or notice, and I had the hardest time tracking down any staff members to inquire about it. Once I finally did, they weren't very helpful and just gave me very generalized answers. They said one of my threads "might have been" removed because it was "offensive", and wouldn't specify further. Gimme a break.

Anyways. Idk. One of my recent threads here rocked the boat a lot, and I just feel like I'm no longer in good standing with the site. But I know feelings aren't accurate, and I'm prone to feeling things that may or may not be true due to anxiety issues.
Try to stop thinking like this. No matter where any of us go we will find people who disagree with us. That doesn't mean they don't like us. Feeling as you do will make your anxiety worse.
You are part of the Cf.net family and have been here a long time, much longer than I have. You have friends here, brothers and sisters that I have seen talk to you and say good things about you.
Relax and enjoy yourself.

Scripture says As a man thinks in his heart, so is he (Prov. 23:7) So I suggest for you to stop thinking like that. In another place in scripture it says Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind (Rom 12:2)...

What we think about and dwell on in our mind goes into our heart and so becomes who we are. Be ye transformed, it says. The Greek word for Transformed is metamorphoō and is the root word for where we get the word metamorphosis from. Like a butterfly, right? From a worm into a butterfly.

So if you want to transfigure like is the natural thing to do (lol), you must renew your mind and to do that is simple. You just stick your nose in to that Bible and learn and read and read and reread and read some more. Don't come up for air very often and you can almost watch it happen right before your eyes, Lol! These things are true. The wisdom contained in that book we call the Bible will soak into your mind and begin to make sense. Then it soaks into your heart and becomes who you are.

Romans 12:2
2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. :wink

What's making you feel like you're no longer in good standing with the site? Did something happen?

there are -definite- limitations to what internet-based fellowship can accomplish. I don't write this as a criticism of this forum, other people here, you, or...blah blah blah...point is, ideally, internet-based fellowship should/would -supplement- some sort real time Christian-on-Christian interaction. thing is...

-sigh- I don't know if its the current age we all live in or if its just...well, always been this way...but there are lots and lots of people who just cannot do church. I am one of them. something of a permanent outcast in my community (and, really, society at large...not a pity party, just...thems the facts, OK?), and..yeah. yeah.

rambling...I get where you are coming from, to a point. everyone wants to be well-liked, everyone wants to have positive, good, meaningful interactions with others, especially other Christians. I'm just trying to caution you that an internet-based forum has definite pros and cons, which may be somewhat different, in different individuals' situations, but...

overall, the ideal use of this or any other Christian forum would be to 'top off' real time church stuff, I would think. does anyone here like you? I do, yes. But I'm also a recently 'recovered Schizophrenic' who only 'knows you' thru this forum and even then, its only the posts and such that I've actually read. ideally, you would have real time Christian friends. then again, so would I, ideally. so...no 'judgment' there, per se...just a practical suggestion. :)

What's making you feel like you're no longer in good standing with the site? Did something happen?
Not recently, no. Mostly just how one of my threads went and it felt like the staff isn't happy with me. But that perception is probably inaccurate.

Some stuff did happen about a year ago, but that's all done and over with and resolved, so I won't go into details.

I guess I will explain a bit about where my mental state has been the past year.

So a little over a year ago, a few different things happened around the same time that really took a toll on my mental health, and it mixed into the perfect storm that activated my anxiety and sent me into a depressive episode for well over a month. Ever since then, anything that feels similar to those events triggers the same sort of emotional response.

I guess I will explain a bit about where my mental state has been the past year.

So a little over a year ago, a few different things happened around the same time that really took a toll on my mental health, and it mixed into the perfect storm that activated my anxiety and sent me into a depressive episode for well over a month. Ever since then, anything that feels similar to those events triggers the same sort of emotional response.

Emotional responses can be good or bad and while having ones emotions and feelings on an even keel certainly will contribute to one's spiritual and fleshy health, But it's still feelings and so generally speaking will inhibit our spiritual growth. You are born again. A new spirit. Christ is literally within you. This is a spiritual matter so be encouraged to remain conscious that your have been renewed and are being renewed and it it all starts inside. It's an easy mistake to make to unconsciously identify with ones flesh body as us rather than the temporary dwelling that it is. And the temporary dwelling also contains the carnal mind and has a voice. And that guy is stupid, Lol. Mine is at least.

I've listened to you talk in your posts for quite awhile now. You're reasonably intelligent and you certainly have a strong spirit. But I feel as if you need to try to be able to control your triggers of heavy emotions. And this is a job for your spirit to do. I *think* that when something is said or happens which trigger the response of...negativity within you, you feel it in your flesh.

But you are not your flesh and I think if you can remember that at those times it would allow you to gain a perspective that will give you control over a negative response. Essentially, it is your spirit has to be dominant over the fleshy carnal mind. It's easier than it sounds because all you really have to do is go introspective to listen to what your conscience is saying to you. Get used to listening to your conscience because your conscience always knows the right thing to do.

The Holy Spirit speaks to us through our conscience, that much is clear. Peace comes into your spirit when you ponder what the best response would be. And do it. Grab that strong girl spirit and stand her up on her feet in opposition to the flesh and all of it's negative energy and you can do it. You can overcome those difficult things.

I believe that the Lord allows these sorts of things to happen as a test for us. And scripture says He will not put more on you than you can bear, and also that He'll always provide a way back out of it (passing the test!), and for us to, (Isaiah 60) Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.../

So all that funky gobbledygoop situations that this earthly existence gives us, that we'd like to do without, is just a test so when trying situations come upon me, I wind up looking at it sort of third party. Which is spiritually. I don't always pass the tests, but I have some of them and it's a good feeling. It's also obedience, and the Lord rewards obedience. I'd assume there'd be spiritual growth too and perhaps even spiritual promotion so to speak.

Hope that's not too Twilight Zone or anything, lol. I'm just voicing my thoughts from what it seems like to me.

The way I deal with tough situations is that I think of Job and tell myself "it could be a lot worse." I've done this many times to stay positive. And then there's the idea that God is with us. Jesus was called Immanuel which meant "God with us." The apostle Paul wrote "if God is for us, who is against us? God is the one who justifies, who is he who condemns?" The way to stabilize fears and other emotional feelings is to know who you are in Christ. Establish your identity as a child of God. Let God and His word tell you who you are, and tell you that you are accepted in the beloved of God. I recommend memorizing Romans 8:28-39.

It's amazing to me how many times the very thing that I was thinking about last night, comes up in some way in the morning's message. I like this Brother, Andrew Wommack. He sure packs a lot into 28 minutes and even though he's teaching on how to hear God's voice, it just kept popping into my head how much what he is saying applies to this topic. Enjoy.

me, yet again. part of what's been helping me is...

for my -personal understanding of myself- , ditch the labels/diagnosis. as in...anxiety leading to depression. fairly common for people in the 21st century -- especially those of us who have been thru mental health, inc. -- to speak that way. personally, what helps me is ditching the labels and being a little more real with it, so I would think it'd be more like "I had intense fear for a long time, then my mood hit rock bottom and I felt miserable." of course, I don't -know you- , so I don't know what you mean when you say "I am depressed," right? Right. :)

just...take it from me: there is a -definite- limit to what mental health, inc. can really do for any individual...and there's even more of a limitation on how much they really -want- to do for most people, truth be told. :)

other than that...a cousin, he's solidly born again, etc...he emails me now and then with a reminder: 'eyes on Christ, and Him Crucified." that's...sinking in, more and more, with me, now...

it isn't that feelings/emotions are not important, its that...well, to be perfectly, abundantly honest (and this is for me, too, so don't think I'm trying to talk down to you, OK?)...no one can live your life for you. and all of us human beings are limited in how well we really know and/or connect with any other human being, at any given time. and...and...

from a Christian perspective, 'cast your cares upon Him, for He cares for you' pops up in my mind, 1st thing. not because I'm a pro at it, but because....well, lately, I've been making it more and more of a point to do that, and...it isn't that I always feel 110% top notch and/or amazingly well-adjusted or..whatever, anyway...

He has already overcome the world. that much is clear, based on Scripture. Christians belong to Him, come what may. personally, as I've shifted gears to thinking on that...and, by extension, on Him...things are getting...

more...real, maybe? easier, in some respects. At long last, I find that I'm actually able to ditch the labels and psych jibber jabber, (self)delusions, etc...and just deal with my lil corner of the world, my own life in Christ. 'wise as serpents, innocent as doves...' and of course: play the hand you're dealt.

final, final, (no really...) -final- thought: feelings are not disorders. thoughts are not diseases. :)

I find them helpful in understanding what's going on and why.
I think we are not going to agree on this tbh. Like, ever. I'd prefer not to get into it. If your way genuinely works for you, cool. I'm not you.

Last edited:
I'm feeling better now. I think whatever episode I was having finished it's course for now.
I've described my thoughts as sometimes resembling horses locked in their starting cages at a horse track itching to run. So I let them run till they wear themselves out. Then I might get some sleep that night.

I've described my thoughts as sometimes resembling horses locked in their starting cages at a horse track itching to run. So I let them run till they wear themselves out. Then I might get some sleep that night.
It's so weird to me how my brain can impress thoughts on me that I don't necessarily belief when in my right mind. Like. All those negative feelings and thoughts about myself, and then suddenly yesterday.....poof, brain out of anxiety mode and self esteem has returned.

It's so weird to me how my brain can impress thoughts on me that I don't necessarily belief when in my right mind. Like. All those negative feelings and thoughts about myself, and then suddenly yesterday.....poof, brain out of anxiety mode and self esteem has returned.
Yes. I experience that as well. I search high and low for the triggers. Some, I have found while others still elude me. Some I found were diet related. I can now lower my blood pressure significantly just by taking magnesium and potassium supplements. Memories of the massive abuse though.......ugh. Those come flooding in as pieces of the puzzle line up and fall into place. Too many questions. Too many close calls. Too many WHYs.

Yes. I experience that as well. I search high and low for the triggers. Some, I have found while others still elude me. Some I found were diet related. I can now lower my blood pressure significantly just by taking magnesium and potassium supplements. Memories of the massive abuse though.......ugh. Those come flooding in as pieces of the puzzle line up and fall into place. Too many questions. Too many close calls. Too many WHYs.
Yeah, my new therapist was asking me about my diet.

Good therapist.
Yup. I've only had one session with her so far, but I like her. She asked if I just want to talk or if I want to be given informative papers and stuff to work on between sessions, and like....... none of my previous therapists gave me that option. (My first one did give me a paper to write down my good traits on once, but that was once.)

Back