Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Does being Christian equate to elitism today?

reconcile this verse.

i am the lord god and beside me there is no other.

that is the jewish. christian god is not saying that in isiah.

now then lets move to the idea of panthiesm. the idea of reincarnation.

in the bible it says that we are appointed once to die then unto the judgment, yet reincarnation preaches that we are continually comming back till we hit musksha.

so if the Lord wrote the bible indeed, then one of the religions is false. either its the bible is true or the holy writings of the hindu.

it cant be both,

if god wrote the bible why would he neglect to tell the other men the same message in india and others?

Off topic.

I just want to clear up a misconception here:
1 Corinthians 16:2 should help you. We are to tithe a percentage of our income. That percentage should be decided upon in prayer with God (James 1:5).

Don't let people hoodwink you into thinking tithes are no longer required, the New Testament is clear that they still are wanted. The 10% is just what many people have decided is the minimum to tithe. If we want to be truly Biblical you need to tithe so that you feel it. If you are tithing and are not feeling the impact of having less money, you are not tithing enough.
The definition of the word tithe means, literally, a tenth. Also, the word tithe is only mentioned twice in the NT. Neither instance refers to a commandment for the church and both verses speak of the same incident by two different authors. (Mat 23:23, Luke 11:42) So, in reality, it's only mentioned once.

However, we ARE taught to give generously. If 10% is your standard for generous giving, so be it. If it's more, great! :thumbsup Do it with a cheerful heart and you will be blessed.

The amount one gives is not a standard we should set for judging other believers. That would definitely fall into the category of elitism.

I ask a question; was Jesus an elitist?

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

That doesn't sound like the words of an elitist. :nod

As Jesus was, we should be.

reconcile this verse.

i am the lord god and beside me there is no other.

that is the jewish. christian god is not saying that in isiah.

now then lets move to the idea of panthiesm. the idea of reincarnation.

in the bible it says that we are appointed once to die then unto the judgment, yet reincarnation preaches that we are continually comming back till we hit musksha.

so if the Lord wrote the bible indeed, then one of the religions is false. either its the bible is true or the holy writings of the hindu.

it cant be both,

if god wrote the bible why would he neglect to tell the other men the same message in india and others?

I am not saying all religions are 100% correct in all ways. One or another may have things wrong? But do you know for fact what parts are and in what religions? No. The bible even contradicts itself in the accounts of Jesus' birth. Matthew and luke have differing accounts. This is not Gods fault but mans. God did not write the bible, men wrote the bible to preserve gods words. They also wrote their own books as in matthew and luke. Inspired by god but written by man.The bible contradicts itself due to the hands of man.

There is only one god but is he not capable of appearing as many forms such as a burning bush or a cloud of smoke among other forms?

I didnt mention pantheism or reincarnation at all.As far as multiple gods go, is it impossible for god to take multiple forms? I personally may not believe anything other than christianity but I cannot say god did not appear in other forms nor can you brother.

I do not believe your version of christianity as I am not pentacostal. But I believe in christ and his teachings all the same.

Re: Off topic.

I just want to clear up a misconception here:

The definition of the word tithe means, literally, a tenth. Also, the word tithe is only mentioned twice in the NT. Neither instance refers to a commandment for the church and both verses speak of the same incident by two different authors. (Mat 23:23, Luke 11:42) So, in reality, it's only mentioned once.

However, we ARE taught to give generously. If 10% is your standard for generous giving, so be it. If it's more, great! :thumbsup Do it with a cheerful heart and you will be blessed.

The amount one gives is not a standard we should set for judging other believers. That would definitely fall into the category of elitism.

I ask a question; was Jesus an elitist?

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

That doesn't sound like the words of an elitist. :nod

As Jesus was, we should be.

Wise words brother.:thumbsup

for the record, i am not judging you. did i condemn you.i merely stated the standard, its up to you to act and God to deal with this.

if i see my wife in danger should i not help her or just stand by and let her get injured.

guys I am humbled. but give glory to God.

I am saddened, however. I do not want to attack, but my soul is somewhat torn. I am not sure if you guys have ever heard of him, or hear him speak, but Alistair Begg is doing a series on Corinthians.

I overheard his last broadcast, I do not regularly listen, and it was on this very topic. Well, it was dealing with division in the church. But it had to do with the topic of "diversities" in other faiths.

It is amazing how people flock to other faiths. And a lot of it has to do with divisions in the church. He makes the point, a very good one, that the only diversity that should happen is within the spiritual gift arena.

Other than that we are supposed to be united. It is no wonder people flock to other faiths, they are inclusive. We are so divisive in the local church, even in our denominations, and because of what? Someone decides they do not like what the other guy says???

There is but one truth, only one. That is what truth is. Truth is truth because it does not compromise. It does exclude, but only on non-truth. Truth is not elitist, because it makes no claims...it is truth.

We have taken "truth", added what we wanted, and taken away other parts. It is no wonder that people see that as elitist. Until we can all come back to the unity of the faith....

Yes, sin does do this to us. We are "naturally" weak. But we forget the "truth" that we have been born again. We are no longer in the natural flesh, we live in the spirit. Does unity mean perfection? No. I think people unify when people become humble. Each values the other more than himself, and they all value Christ as Lord.

I can be regarded as an eternal "optimist" when it comes to these things, but I just think of it as the only thing that is truly real. We can say that one persons faith is not above another persons, and this is true...

What we so easily forget is the fact that as children born from the Father we have been given faith. It is not something we conjure up. It is a very real thing we posses. Is unity attainable while on this earth? I think that eventually we will be forced into it. It will come when we revert back to "The Faith", not our own. But that is another topic...

for the record, i am not judging you. did i condemn you.i merely stated the standard, its up to you to act and God to deal with this.

if i see my wife in danger should i not help her or just stand by and let her get injured.

You are judging me brother. You are saying over and over I am believing wrongly and that my soul may be in danger. I would call that judging brother.

If you see fire where there is none and you repeatedly throw water on it, is it being helpful or harmful?

You are judging me to be in danger because you feel my beliefs are wrong.This is quite evident and clear.

I do not believe your ways or in your way I should say. I believe the bible and adhere to it and the teachings of jesus and I accept jesus wholeheartedly as I do his teachings. How is my soul in danger brother?

I am strong in my faith and I love my neighbors as myself as I love you brother. But I assure you that I am well and need no saving and am in no danger.

I wish you well brother and have no hard feelings.

guys I am humbled. but give glory to God.

I am saddened, however. I do not want to attack, but my soul is somewhat torn. I am not sure if you guys have ever heard of him, or hear him speak, but Alistair Begg is doing a series on Corinthians.

I overheard his last broadcast, I do not regularly listen, and it was on this very topic. Well, it was dealing with division in the church. But it had to do with the topic of "diversities" in other faiths.

It is amazing how people flock to other faiths. And a lot of it has to do with divisions in the church. He makes the point, a very good one, that the only diversity that should happen is within the spiritual gift arena.

Other than that we are supposed to be united. It is no wonder people flock to other faiths, they are inclusive. We are so divisive in the local church, even in our denominations, and because of what? Someone decides they do not like what the other guy says???

There is but one truth, only one. That is what truth is. Truth is truth because it does not compromise. It does exclude, but only on non-truth. Truth is not elitist, because it makes no claims...it is truth.

We have taken "truth", added what we wanted, and taken away other parts. It is no wonder that people see that as elitist. Until we can all come back to the unity of the faith....

Yes, sin does do this to us. We are "naturally" weak. But we forget the "truth" that we have been born again. We are no longer in the natural flesh, we live in the spirit. Does unity mean perfection? No. I think people unify when people become humble. Each values the other more than himself, and they all value Christ as Lord.

I can be regarded as an eternal "optimist" when it comes to these things, but I just think of it as the only thing that is truly real. We can say that one persons faith is not above another persons, and this is true...

What we so easily forget is the fact that as children born from the Father we have been given faith. It is not something we conjure up. It is a very real thing we posses. Is unity attainable while on this earth? I think that eventually we will be forced into it. It will come when we revert back to "The Faith", not our own. But that is another topic...
i have attended many other christian faiths outside charismatism. i do call them brothers in christ. in fact i listen to more non charismatic teachers then i do charismatic ones(few of the real pentacostals that stay biblical broadcast on radio)

You are judging me brother. You are saying over and over I am believing wrongly and that my soul may be in danger. I would call that judging brother.

If you see fire where there is none and you repeatedly throw water on it, is it being helpful or harmful?

You are judging me to be in danger because you feel my beliefs are wrong.This is quite evident and clear.

I do not believe your ways or in your way I should say. I believe the bible and adhere to it and the teachings of jesus and I accept jesus wholeheartedly as I do his teachings. How is my soul in danger brother?

I am strong in my faith and I love my neighbors as myself as I love you brother. But I assure you that I am well and need no saving and am in no danger.

I wish you well brother and have no hard feelings.

because of this statement that DENIES what the lord says,

The bible even contradicts itself in the accounts of Jesus' birth. Matthew and luke have differing accounts. This is not Gods fault but mans. God did not write the bible, men wrote the bible to preserve gods words. They also wrote their own books as in matthew and luke. Inspired by god but written by man.The bible contradicts itself due to the hands of man.

so God can save you but cant keep his word pure, hmm odd, didnt jesus say that heaven and earth shall not pass till all be fulfiled, and that meant not one jot or tiltle of the law. so if God is attentative to his word ,one might think that he would preserve it.

if thats the case what part of the bible on jesus is actually true? How do you know that the Lord didnt or did say those things about heaven or hell? or the resurrection.

The bible clearly states that theres no other NAME whearby men can be SAVED. that would mean that only by the cross can men come to the lord, not krishna, not allah or his prophet, not by another way.

because of this statement that DENIES what the lord says,

The bible even contradicts itself in the accounts of Jesus' birth. Matthew and luke have differing accounts. This is not Gods fault but mans. God did not write the bible, men wrote the bible to preserve gods words. They also wrote their own books as in matthew and luke. Inspired by god but written by man.The bible contradicts itself due to the hands of man.

so God can save you but cant keep his word pure, hmm odd, didnt jesus say that heaven and earth shall not pass till all be fulfiled, and that meant not one jot or tiltle of the law. so if God is attentative to his word ,one might think that he would preserve it.

if thats the case what part of the bible on jesus is actually true? How do you know that the Lord didnt or did say those things about heaven or hell? or the resurrection.

The bible clearly states that theres no other NAME whearby men can be SAVED. that would mean that only by the cross can men come to the lord, not krishna, not allah or his prophet, not by another way.

That is your interpretation brother but it is fact. The accounts of the apostles differ. Read and see for yourself, I do not need to tell you what you can read and decide for yourself in regards to both apostle's accounts of the birth.

God gave us free will, to force man against his will would breach free will. He gave his words to men, men preserved them as they saw fit to. God has the power to preserve his word, however he gave man free will and gave men the task to write about what they saw and inspired them to preserve Jesus's and Gods words.

My statement does not deny the lord in any capacity nor what he says. This is your interpretation. Tell me brother does not Luke and Matthew have differing accounts of the birth of jesus?

The bible was written by men and over a substantial period of time. God is not at fault for this rather man is.

Thats the point, NO ONE knows what is true or not. We have FAITH that it is true. The task of the bible was given to men this is why there are things that are contradicting or off in the bible.

Luke and matthew observe two different things about the birth of jesus.Who is correct? If god wrote it, why does it differ? The answer is because men wrote it based on what they were inspired or called to do.

Jesus and God were called by many names...Which name can we be saved through?

This is a nicely compiled list:

Advocate (1 John 2:1)
Almighty (Rev. 1:8; Mt. 28:18)
Alpha and Omega (Rev. 1:8; 22:13)
Amen (Rev. 3:14)
Apostle of our Profession (Heb. 3:1)
Atoning Sacrifice for our Sins (1 John 2:2)
Author of Life (Acts 3:15)
Author and Perfecter of our Faith (Heb. 12:2)
Author of Salvation (Heb. 2:10)
Beginning and End (Rev. 22:13)
Blessed and only Ruler (1 Tim. 6:15)
Bread of God (John 6:33)
Bread of Life (John 6:35; 6:48)
Bridegroom (Mt. 9:15)
Capstone (Acts 4:11; 1 Pet. 2:7)
Chief Cornerstone (Eph. 2:20)
Chief Shepherd (1 Pet. 5:4)
Christ (1 John 2:22)
Creator (John 1:3)
Deliverer (Rom. 11:26)
Eternal Life
(1 John 1:2; 5:20)
Faithful and True (Rev. 19:11)
Faithful Witness (Rev. 1:5)
Faithful and True Witness (Rev. 3:14)
First and Last (Rev. 1:17; 2:8; 22:13)
Firstborn From the Dead (Rev. 1:5)
Firstborn over all creation (Col. 1:15)
Gate (John 10:9)
God (John 1:1; 20:28; Heb. 1:8; Rom. 9:5; 2 Pet. 1:1;1 John 5:20; etc.)
Good Shepherd (John 10:11,14)
Great Shepherd (Heb. 13:20)
Great High Priest (Heb. 4:14)
Head of the Church (Eph. 1:22; 4:15; 5:23)
Heir of all things (Heb. 1:2)
High Priest (Heb. 2:17)
Holy and True (Rev. 3:7)
Holy One (Acts 3:14)
Hope (1 Tim. 1:1)
Hope of Glory (Col. 1:27)
Horn of Salvation (Luke 1:69)
I Am (John 8:58)
Image of God (2 Cor. 4:4)
Immanuel (Mt. 1:23)
Judge of the living and the dead (Acts 10:42)
King Eternal (1 Tim. 1:17)
King of Israel (John 1:49)
King of the Jews (Mt. 27:11)
King of kings (1 Tim 6:15; Rev. 19:16)
King of the Ages (Rev. 15:3)
Lamb (Rev. 13:8)
Lamb of God (John 1:29)
Lamb Without Blemish (1 Pet. 1:19)
Last Adam (1 Cor. 15:45)
Life (John 14:6; Col. 3:4)
Light of the World (John 8:12)
Lion of the Tribe of Judah (Rev. 5:5)
Living One (Rev. 1:18)
Living Stone (1 Pet. 2:4)
Lord (2 Pet. 2:20)
Lord of All (Acts 10:36)
Lord of Glory (1 Cor. 2:8)
Lord of lords (Rev. 19:16)
Man from Heaven (1 Cor. 15:48)
Master (Lk. 5:5; 8:24; 9:33)
Mediator of the New Covenant (Heb. 9:15)
Mighty God (Isa. 9:6)
Morning Star (Rev. 22:16)
Offspring of David (Rev. 22:16)
Only Begotten Son of God (John 1:18; 1 John 4:9)
Our Great God and Savior (Titus 2:13)
Our Holiness (1 Cor. 1:30)
Our Husband (2 Cor. 11:2)
Our Peace(Eph 2:14)
Our Protection (2 Thess. 3:3)
Our Redemption (1 Cor. 1:30)
Our Righteousness (1 Cor. 1:30)
Our Sacrificed Passover Lamb (1 Cor. 5:7)
Power of God (1 Cor. 1:24)
Precious Cornerstone (1 Pet. 2:6)
Prophet (Acts 3:22)
Rabbi (Mt. 26:25)
Resurrection and Life (John 11:25)
Righteous Branch (Jer. 23:5)
Righteous One (Acts 7:52; 1 John 2:1)
Rock (1 Cor. 10:4)
Root of David (Rev. 5:5; 22:16)
Ruler of God’s Creation (Rev. 3:14)
Ruler of the Kings of the Earth (Rev. 1:5)
Savior (Eph. 5:23; Titus 1:4; 3:6; 2 Pet. 2:20)
Son of David (Lk. 18:39)
Son of God (John 1:49; Heb. 4:14)
Son of Man (Mt. 8:20)
Son of the Most High God (Lk. 1:32)
Source of Eternal Salvation for all who obey him (Heb. 5:9)
The One Mediator (1 Tim. 2:5)
The Stone the builders rejected (Acts 4:11)
The Teacher (John 11:28, NIV)
True Bread (John 6:32)
True Light (John 1:9)
True Vine (John 15:1)
Truth (John 1:14; 14:6)
Way (John 14:6)
Wisdom of God (1 Cor. 1:24)
Word (John 1:1)
Word of God (Rev. 19:13)

I assure you brother my faith is fine. :)

Eternal Life (1 John 1:2; 5:20)

Jesus also calls us His friends (John 15:15), which I don't see in this list. Great list though ! ... :thumbsup

The list is besides the point ....

When Jesus specifically states "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me (John 14:6) ...

and Romans 10:7-10 makes it even clearer - "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved" ....... we can understand that the name of Jesus is what truly saves.

The fact that Jesus is also characterized and identified by many other attributes and names due to His divine nature does not nullify the right name through which one can be saved. For there is no other person or being in this entire universe by the name of Jesus Christ, but there certainly are people who are called "advocates", "ruler", "rabbi" or others .....

:salute

Jesus also calls us His friends (John 15:15), which I don't see in this list. Great list though ! ... :thumbsup

The list is besides the point ....

When Jesus specifically states "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me (John 14:6) ...

and Romans 10:7-10 makes it even clearer - "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved" ....... we can understand that the name of Jesus is what truly saves.

The fact that Jesus is also characterized and identified by many other attributes and names due to His divine nature does not nullify the right name through which one can be saved. For there is no other person or being in this entire universe by the name of Jesus Christ, but there certainly are people who are called "advocates", "ruler", "rabbi" or others .....

:salute

The list is not definitive by any means and there are more but the list does demonstrate a point.

Feel free to research this but Jesus isnt the correct name. Its Yahshua. There is no J in hebrew. Another error of man is the translation of the saviour's name. It was translated from Yahshua (hebrew) to Iesous (greek/latin) to Jesus (english).

There was no J in any language until 14th century english, therefore his name cannot be Jesus.

Yet another point of the error of man and translation both. Which name is the name that shall be our salvation, again I ask? Few know that Jesus is an erroneous name and Yahshua (closer to english Joshua than jesus) is his true name. Study hebrew as Yahshua was hebrew and the bible was written in hebrew, all else will be prone to error. Why do I use Jesus and not Yahshua here? Because no one knows him as Yahshua in most places but erroneously as Jesus.

But I accept jesus and believe in him and his teachings so therefore according to you, Jason had no need to worry about my soul.

I however believe all actions weigh heavy upon our souls and that we will be judged by our deeds.

II Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that everyone may receive a reward of the deeds done in the body; things according to what he hath done, whether good or bad.

Matthew 7:31 For the day soon cometh, that men shall come before me to judgment, to be judged according to their works.

Revelations 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
· Revelations 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them; and they were judged every man according to their works.

The real name of Jesus is Yahushua :thumbsup

And Jason, that's why I'd never tithe at a UU church, I'm a bit worried where the money would go. I grew up in a UU church... shoot I never learned anything about God or Jesus. It took me 10 years and one heck of a revelation to get me on the right track (though my previous track was closer then most teenagers).

I'm sure plenty of UU churches have real honest Christians, but they also have a smorgasbord of other religions, like atheism, Hinduism, Buddhism, and such. I'm all for a unity thing, but not the universalist thing. The atheist sitting in the pew next to the Christian ain't gettin' to Heaven, no matter how hard he tithes. Unless he does a 180 and runs to Christ, he will never see the good side of them pearly gates.

That is sure a nice list of titles you go there, by the way. I love the plethora of names we can call our Lord with! I want to get this book at the store that has all the names of God and in Hebrew and English!

And Jason, that's why I'd never tithe at a UU church, I'm a bit worried where the money would go. I grew up in a UU church... shoot I never learned anything about God or Jesus. It took me 10 years and one heck of a revelation to get me on the right track (though my previous track was closer then most teenagers).

I'm sure plenty of UU churches have real honest Christians, but they also have a smorgasbord of other religions, like atheism, Hinduism, Buddhism, and such. I'm all for a unity thing, but not the universalist thing. The atheist sitting in the pew next to the Christian ain't gettin' to Heaven, no matter how hard he tithes. Unless he does a 180 and runs to Christ, he will never see the good side of them pearly gates.

That is sure a nice list of titles you go there, by the way. I love the plethora of names we can call our Lord with! I want to get this book at the store that has all the names of God and in Hebrew and English!

The list could be added to but is a good example.

I have seen great dispute between Yahshua, Yahushua and Yeshua the actual pronunciation is a source of great debate and argument among scholars. To me though I feel Yahshua is how it translates but accept all as reasonable possibilities since we cannot know which is precisely correct and all are far more reasonable than Jesus or Iesous.

Its amazing how many names he has and very interesting.

UU is great for me at least but I certainly would not recommend it to a beginning christian as it would be too easy for them to become lost in trying to decipher true christian teachings from that which are not.

As for myself I find it a wonderful medium with which to express my faith as I am well established in my faith and am able to share it with a wide variety of wonderful people.

shoot, i have uu martial art friends that deny the messiah and his atoning power and state that there isnt any universal truth. yet believe in the new age horse crap.

That is your interpretation brother but it is fact. The accounts of the apostles differ. Read and see for yourself, I do not need to tell you what you can read and decide for yourself in regards to both apostle's accounts of the birth.

God gave us free will, to force man against his will would breach free will. He gave his words to men, men preserved them as they saw fit to. God has the power to preserve his word, however he gave man free will and gave men the task to write about what they saw and inspired them to preserve Jesus's and Gods words.

My statement does not deny the lord in any capacity nor what he says. This is your interpretation. Tell me brother does not Luke and Matthew have differing accounts of the birth of jesus?

The bible was written by men and over a substantial period of time. God is not at fault for this rather man is.

Thats the point, NO ONE knows what is true or not. We have FAITH that it is true. The task of the bible was given to men this is why there are things that are contradicting or off in the bible.

Luke and matthew observe two different things about the birth of jesus.Who is correct? If god wrote it, why does it differ? The answer is because men wrote it based on what they were inspired or called to do.

Eternal Life
(1 John 1:2; 5:20)

I assure you brother my faith is fine. :)

uh but yet you say the God appeared as others, name them to me. those are found in the bible, any one in the bible is the same god, but you claim that others that arent christian are on the same path.

heres where you dont know about me, in my younger years when i got away from the jw's and into more and more new age and withcraft and eastern thought . i believed the bible wasnt complete and by divine revalation its what it should be.

what you call contradiction isnt.

if you and i watch an mma fight and you are boxer and i a grappler we will see what we are predisposed to see and comment on what could be done.
the same is with the gospel writers, they saw the lord from different angles and wrote from them. God does use personalities.

i respect ma a muslim as he claims the truth,but he is wrong based on what the bible says. He has convictions.Its possible to know what the lord wanted as he plainly stated what he wants.

btw i never said that any name other then jesus that is found to be in the bible cant be used. those are differing descriptions of the same God.

tell me this why wont a muslim make to heaven or a jew, or a hindu based on what the lord says? are you able to say that.

shoot, i have uu martial art friends that deny the messiah and his atoning power and state that there isnt any universal truth. yet believe in the new age horse crap.

I think one's actions and words should be diplomatic and an example unto others as an extension and example of their faith.

Calling someone else's beliefs "new age horse crap" is winning no one any points with anyone. Surely brother there was a more diplomatic way to say that you disagree with new age things. I may not be new age but one must show sensitivity to others.

uh but yet you say the God appeared as others, name them to me. those are found in the bible, any one in the bible is the same god, but you claim that others that arent christian are on the same path.

I say that it is possible. The bible is not the full account of god or even Jesus. Can you account for every year of Jesus' life in the bible? No. Many are missing. Many more are missing from God's eternal existence. Can you even being to claim to know everything there is to know about God? All his works and all his history? No. Then you must admit there are possibilities.

if the lord apeared elsewhere and it was written then it would have to be the same story, as we are told to share the gospel and if the lord came physically elsewhere , one might have some recording of it,as he would have done miracles.

he cant be any other god that he says he is, not allah, not buddha(not a god btw) not krishna, etc.

or he would be a liar.

the mormons believe that and yet they contradict what the bible says, men cant be a god!

Back