Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does God love everyone in the world, and want them to be saved?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

JLB

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life
Supporter
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

• For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved

Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

• For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved

Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
No, He hates the workers of Iniquity, the vessels of wrath and He desires not their Salvation but their destruction in torment for their sins.

The "All men" here includes ALL kings, ALL those in authority. These ALL, which cannot only refer to "the elect", Paul says, God DESIRES them to be saved.

In Paul's time of writing, this would include the extremely WICKED Nero, for whom Jesus also died! ALL WITHOUT EXCEPTION.

Only those who cannot accept what the Bible CLEARLY Teaches, will try to find a way around Paul's words here!

The "All men" here includes ALL kings, ALL those in authority. These ALL, which cannot only refer to "the elect", Paul says, God DESIRES them to be saved.

In Paul's time of writing, this would include the extremely WICKED Nero, for whom Jesus also died! ALL WITHOUT EXCEPTION.

Only those who cannot accept what the Bible CLEARLY Teaches, will try to find a way around Paul's words here!
It does only apply to the elect. God has chosen and saved people from all stations of life

No, He hates the workers of Iniquity, the vessels of wrath and He desires not their Salvation but their destruction in torment for their sins.

Spoken like a Calvinist, but not like a follower of Jesus Christ.

Thankfully we have Gods word to teach us the truth, and expose your man made doctrine.

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
1Timothy 2:3-4

• God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved

JLB

Spoken like a Calvinist, but not like a follower of Jesus Christ.

Thankfully we have Gods word to teach us the truth, and expose your man made doctrine.

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

• God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved

JLB
Again the True God hates the workers of iniquity Ps 5:5 , the vessels of wrath whom He created to demonstrate His Wrath on in their eternal destruction for their sins. He does not desire their salvation, but their damnation

God bless you OP.

not sure how to feel about the guy above me. is True God above God, dark instead of light?

Again the True God hates the workers of iniquity Ps 5:5 , the vessels of wrath whom He created to demonstrate His Wrath on in their eternal destruction for their sins. He does not desire their salvation, but their damnation

There are a lot of things in the Old Testament that were relevant then, but are no longer relevant today.

Example: Words of Christ in red.

Under the Old Covenant hating your enemy was relevant.

• You have heard that it was said, You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’

“You have heard that it was said, You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
Matthew 5:43-48

But now under the New Covenant hating is forbidden because we see God does not hate.

• Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

The Lord expects us to love as He loves, therefore being perfect as our Heavenly Father is perfect.

JLB

There are a lot of things in the Old Testament that were relevant then, but are no longer relevant today.

Example: Words of Christ in red.

Under the Old Covenant hating your enemy was relevant.

• You have heard that it was said, You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’

“You have heard that it was said, You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
Matthew 5:43-48

But now under the New Covenant hating is forbidden because we see God does not hate.

• Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

The Lord expects us to love as He loves, therefore being perfect as our Heavenly Father is perfect.

JLB
Stop trying to explain away truth. God hates the workers of iniquity Ps 5:5 and He hated Esau, these were and are part of mankind.

Stop trying to explain away truth. God hates the workers of iniquity Ps 5:5 and He hated Esau, these were and are part of mankind.

I know you hate the scriptures because the truth of the scriptures exposes your doctrine as a doctrine of man.

Please show us a New Testament Scripture that teaches God hates anyone.

My Bible says God loves the world.

God loves the unsaved people of the world.

JLB

I know you hate the scriptures because the truth of the scriptures exposes your doctrine as a doctrine of man.

Please show us a New Testament Scripture that teaches God hates anyone.

My Bible says God loves the world.

God loves the unsaved people of the world.

JLB
Esau was part of humanity and the workers of iniquity Did God love Esau according to scripture Rom 9:13-14

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

Isa 46:9 remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me,
Isa 46:10 declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,’
Isa 46:11 calling a bird of prey from the east, the man of my counsel from a far country. I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass; I have purposed, and I will do it.

That word "purpose" is the Hebrew word chêphets and is equivalent to desire. God says He will accomplish all His desire. If God desired the salvation of all men then He will accomplish it.

Isa 55:11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

So, what does the Bible tell us that God actually accomplishes in the end? Revelation tells that all kinds of men are saved, from every tribe, nation, language and so forth.

The word "all" doesn't always mean all without exception, but sometimes "all without distinction." The Lord desires all kinds of men from every tribe, nation, language and so forth.

Otherwise you have God not accomplishing what He desires.

Isa 46:9 remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me,
Isa 46:10 declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,’
Isa 46:11 calling a bird of prey from the east, the man of my counsel from a far country. I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass; I have purposed, and I will do it.

That word "purpose" is the Hebrew word chêphets and is equivalent to desire. God says He will accomplish all His desire. If God desired the salvation of all men then He will accomplish it.

Isa 55:11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

So, what does the Bible tell us that God actually accomplishes in the end? Revelation tells that all kinds of men are saved, from every tribe, nation, language and so forth.

The word "all" doesn't always mean all without exception, but sometimes "all without distinction." The Lord desires all kinds of men from every tribe, nation, language and so forth.

Otherwise you have God not accomplishing what He desires.

God desires all men in the world to be saved.

God loves the world, all people in the world, and desires them to be saved. Unfortunately many will chose their own way, and not The Way, The Truth, and The Eternal Life, that Jesus paid the price for them to have.

JLB

The tanakh never taught that one should hate your enemies .

If your enemy loses his ass ,and you find it you shall not fail to return it to him .

That is not in the new testament.

Any command to kill the enemies of Israel was on God as they resisted God by being at enemity to isreal.

Isreal was told not to meddle with edom or Moab or they are kin .

Moab and also edom were into sodomy ,child sacrifice . Love that culture ? If God hates sin well draw the conclusion but his way of dealing with the enemies of him are his way .

1 John 2:19

Perseverance of the saints. It’s the P in TULIP and its a big part of why I personally lean Reformed…

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.
1 John 2:19

What does this have to do with perseverance of the saints?

What does this have to do with Christians today?

Many Christians leave churches everyday for different reasons;
some good reasons and some not good.

Do you understand the difference in leaving a congregation lead by the Apostle John in the first century and leaving a modern day congregation today?

Could you explain how 1 John 2:19 causes you to lean toward following a man made doctrine, rather than just following scripture, and the doctrine of Christ?

“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
John 15:5-6

Those who remain in Christ will produce fruit, that is the evidence of Christ in them.

Here is how the scriptures instruct us to remain in Christ

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24

JLB

JLB

Could you explain how 1 John 2:19 causes you to lean toward following a man made doctrine, rather than just following scripture, and the doctrine of Christ?

That Christ died for all mankind , as in every individual is a man made doctrine and not the doctrine of Christ. Now if a person says they are believing a gospel that set forth Christ as dying for all without exception, and not that He died exclusively for the Elect and thereby accomplished their Salvation, they are believing a false gospel, they believe in a false christ.

God desires all men in the world to be saved.
But you do not compare scripture with Scripture. The "all" in Paul's text can mean "all kinds."

Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying, 'My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure,'

The word pleasure there from Strongs = pleasure; hence (abstractly) desire; concretely a valuable thing; hence (by extension) a matter (as something in mind): - acceptable, delight (-some), desire, things desired, matter, pleasant (-ure), purpose, willingly.

God is telling that He will do all his desire. You say He desires all men to be saved

Isa 46:11 Calling a bird of prey from the east, The man who executes My counsel, from a far country. Indeed I have spoken it; I will also bring it to pass. I have purposed it; I will also do it.

Again He tells us that He will do all His purpose.

You need to explain why Gods desire of all men being saved does not come to pass. Free will is no excuse. God says He will bring it to pass. God either fails to accomplish what He wants, or else all He really desires is for all kinds of men from every tribe, language and nation to be saved.

I say God's purpose, desire, pleasure was to bring many sons to Glory.

Heb 2:10 For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

In Acts 10:12 talking about Peter and the sheet coming down, it literally says

In it were all the four-footed animals and reptiles of the earth, and the birds of the sky.
So basically every animal in the world, all the billions of them were in or on that sheet.

The majority of translations have it as:
In it were all kinds of animals and reptiles and birds of the air.

Again that little Greek word "pas". Translated as all and all kinds of. Context dictates the use.

To keep God from looking like a looser, I believe God desires what actually comes to pass, all kinds of people are saved like the book of Revelation tells us

Back