Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does the Bible say that this is the only world that God created?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Riverwolf

And if so, please point me to the verse(s).
I have not posted here in quite some time, so was not sure where to ask this question.
I am not at this time speaking for or against this idea.
Most of us have read Genesis and how it explains the beginning.
But, after God rested, then what did he do?

I have not posted here in quite some time, so was not sure where to ask this question.

Good question!!! Sadly, I have no idea. Hope someone else knows!!!

if there are aliens , once again they will be either sinful like us since the bible says the WHOLE CREATION CRIES FOR THE REDEMPTION.

You all have become even funnier in my absence, that is good. Humor is sorely missing these days.
So biblically speaking it is certainly possible that while we think that we are the center of our God's universe, we are only one among many.
And no, I have not become a alien believer, non-believer, follower or even give a hoot about any aliens.

Aliens are real, and the government knows all about it. They even make them carry special ID cards that say "Resident Alien" on them.

But seriously... As far as I know, there isn't a verse that says one way or another whether there is life on other planets. If there is, it won't affect us, since interplanetary communication is, and always will be impossible, or at the very least, impractical. No communication can travel faster than the speed of light, and conversations would go very slowly with a lag time of thousands if not millions of years.

The TOG

Hi Riverwolf. I will attempt to use the bible as the basis of God’s dealing with my thinking on creation. As far as God resting it is in the complete and finished work He began told us in Genesis. His work at this time as Sister Reba said is in us. I quote Philippians 2:13, For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Genesis Chapter Twenty-four is an example of God the Father sending His servant (The Holy Spirit) into His own people (Believers) searching for a bride for His Son. I hope I'm not getting too far away for what you're searching for.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Since the beginning is the starting point I would reckon we could say the heaven and earth are first. Does the heaven mentioned here include the universe?

Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. Is this the sun, moon and stars? I wouldn’t think so because that is brought forth in Gen 1:14-16 and Gen 1:16 says Gen 1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth.

I reckon what I’m attempting to say is that it appears God’s whole purpose is mankind in His creation and its provision for us. Eternity may reveal the intention of other worlds that seems to be ever expanding as we take our place ruling and reigning with Christ.

Blessings in Christ Jesus.

Eugene. You are a champion. I just totally understood that.

My favourite verse is now....... "And God said, "Let there be light!"
Why thank you Brother Dan; I'll get your check in the mail for that great commendation, and I do hope you know I'm kidding.
:hysterical

I would have to check the Greek tense and even then could not say because:

1 Corinthians 2:9
http://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/1%20Corinthians%202%3A9

For since the beginning of the world [men] have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, [what] he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him. [Isa 64:4 KJV]

Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into. [1Pe 1:12 KJV]

[Oh] how great [is] thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; [which] thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men! [Psa 31:19 KJV]

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: [Mat 25:34 KJV]

But now they desire a better [country], that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city. [Hbr 11:16 KJV]​

Some may take out their magnifying glass and examine those words with care. They could point to where the Word of Truth speaks of things "prepared from the foundation of the world."

View attachment 3831
The Lord has indeed prepared a place for us. Jesus told us, "My Father's house has many mansions," and "I go to prepare a place for you."
Even though we know that we have not yet seen we also are assured that God has revealed to us that which is prepared:

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed [them] unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
[1Cr 2:9-10 KJV]​

I remember a buddy of mine telling me that he thought there was something in the bible saying "beings came down from the skies and had sex with our women"....but he doesn't know where in the bible it is. Or if its actually in there. He said he remembered hearing it somewhere. Anyone know anything about that?

I remember a buddy of mine telling me that he thought there was something in the bible saying "beings came down from the skies and had sex with our women"....but he doesn't know where in the bible it is. Or if its actually in there. He said he remembered hearing it somewhere. Anyone know anything about that?
that is a forbidden doctrine. one can take the serpent seed and discuss in the one on one debate forum or in private. its found in the book of enoch which isn't cannon and some say genesis 6 with the idea of the son's of god mating with women. that is unsupportable

Has anyone ever watched the show called "Ancient Aliens" on the History Channel? The show is mostly about crazy theories of Aliens coming down to earth and visiting ancient civilizations of Indians. The aliens supposedly taught them things about technology and artifacts from the tribes seem to show that they considered the Aliens be gods. What's interesting is some scholars on the show say that the Aliens are actually Angels and even use the Bible to back up their claims.

Oh, I wanted to point to some faulty logic going on here.
Concerning the question of the topic title:
Does the Bible say that this is the only world that God created?

Take that logic and apply it to anything else. Literally anything. Like:
Does the Bible say [Insert Questionable Thought HERE]?

For instance:
Does the Bible say that you don't have cucumbers in your ears? If it does show me the verse.

that is a forbidden doctrine. one can take the serpent seed and discuss in the one on one debate forum or in private. its found in the book of enoch which isn't cannon and some say genesis 6 with the idea of the son's of god mating with women. that is unsupportable

That's pretty wild. I never knew such a thing existed. Creepy. I guess I should inform him of this then.

I think you need to clarify what you mean by "world." If you mean "planet," then no, obviously there are other planets. If you mean "universe," then here's my answer:
The Bible doesn't say that this is the only universe God created, but it didn't say otherwise as well. But, if God did create another universe other than our own, I'm sure He would have told us in the Word. But since there is no mentioning about other universes, I think we should take it that this is the only universe that God created.

In case of possible confusion, don't confuse "universe" and "galaxy."

Back