Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Does the earth move?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Pizzaguy

Ok, the midevil church insisted that the earth is stationary and everything in the universe orbits around it. Of course, we know this to be false, and no one has believed this in generations.

Oh, wait... some people still do:

ht tp://fixedearth.com

Without alleged billions of years there would be no evolution "theory". Period.
NASA and its global Space Agency Clones now supply those billions of years.
Obesity, Madonna, and UFO’s are examples of the boundless Evolution Promoting Circus.

and it gets WORSE:

ht tp://fixedearth.com/geosynchronous_sa.htm

(As always, remove the space between ht and tp)

From my second link above...

Now, About Electromagnetism, etc, and Geostationary Satellites….
As mentioned, both the moving and non-moving satellite models stay overhead at the precise altitude of 22,236 miles. They basically do not stray up or down or east or west.

One thing is certain regarding both models: Some force or combination of forces which no one really understands is keeping those particular satellites—unlike thousands of others!!—overhead at all times.

From Newton till today the standard mathematics which attempt to explain all space phenomena centers on the concept of “gravity”. The apple and all else falls to the ground and this observed fact needs a name. Call it “gravity”. No problem.

But to attribute the formation of the earth and all else in the universe to gravitational forces pulling and shaping and rotating and orbiting Big Bang debris into its present mind-blowing order and function and precision is more than a bit off the wall when you think about it, isn’t it? Take one quick example, viz., the matter of tides on the earth. Here we are told that the scientific explanation is that the Moon’s weak gravity stretches the earth like a rubber ball and thus controls tides on both sides of the earth. This utterly sappy, contra-scientific nonsense has become a scientific “fact” that is in all the books (HERE). How can we have been brought to believe such pseudo-scientific balderdash?!

Well, Kabbalic “science” (“falsely so called”: I Tim. 6:20,21) rules over the world’s “knowledge” today (HERE), that’s how. This “knowledge” must have a non-Biblical, naturalistic “explanation” for the tidal phenomena; so “gravity” got the job.

It’s the same with the geosynchronous satellite concept. “Gravity” gets the job of explaining how this could work. I submit to you that this explanation—even when coupled with centrifugal force is fundamentally incapable of sustaining this concept. There is, however, another explanation for what is going on.

But first, the alleged gravity-enabled geosynchronous model: Consider what is required to make this particular satellite geosynchronous after it is placed in this unique slot in space where it remains day in and day out for decades:

a) It must attain and maintain an exact speed of 6865 MPH throughout those decades. To be off by even 1 MPH would throw it out of pocket by over 700 miles in one month. Off 10 MPH = 7000 miles out of position in one month. This is a serious problem. No other satellites retain an unassisted, unvarying speed; why should this one??

b)
It must perform a perfectly circular orbit with absolutely no apogee or perigee. This is something no other satellite has done.

c)
It must stay confined top and bottom and on both sides within this small invisible circular space tunnel at all times. Breaking out of this 4-way confinement in any direction would of necessity affect the required speed and direction and hence bollix everything up…including the location where your satellite dish points.

d)
The ring of geostationary satellites now over the equator has very nearly the maximum permitted number of vacancies filled, i.e., 180 at 2 degrees apart. Because of this limited capacity, the rush is on to get “virtual geostationary satellites” with orbital apogees of 13-16000 miles along certain latitudes no closer than 15 degrees N and S (so as not to interfere with the geostationary ring). These are needed in order to overcome the 2 degree limitation and to augment the amount of information traffic that can be handled through the geostationary satellites.

This technologically exciting operation employs multiple satellites in highly eccentric orbits which are arrayed so that they only power-on when in their apogee arc that is closest to the geostats…. One of the characteristics of the orbits of this new “virtual geostationary satellite” invention actually contains proof that the geosynchronous concept is wrong!

What characteristic?! This: Their orbits can be clockwise OR counterclockwise… while all geostat orbits must be counterclockwise to match the alleged counterclockwise rotation of the earth.

I know what you are thinking, "Ok, now THIS is the weirdest thread you have started, Pizza!"

Last edited by a moderator:
The only reason why this thread might be "weird" is in the Medieval ideology of the quite you posted. I mean, WOW, . . . is this person for real?

I find it amusing when people refuse to see reality in lue of fantasy. There is no question in today's time. The earth revolves. It is tilted, thus we have seasons. It moves around the sun along with the other planets.

What is weird is that the posted quote has an "appearance of an intelligent person", in the way he writes. But what is being stated shows a lack of understanding of the physical world and how it operates.

So, . . does the earth move? Oh yeah! :yes

What is weird is that the posted quote has an "appearance of an intelligent person", in the way he writes. But what is being stated shows a lack of understanding of the physical world and how it operates.

A friend said to me:

That site should go onto the "ten visually worse websites of the years" awards. Ugh.

All nonsense. A superficial understanding of physics and the universe, along with being warped into nonsense using voluminous turgid spew.

"Voluminous turgis spew" - sounds like the name of a grunge band!

A friend said to me:

That site should go onto the "ten visually worse websites of the years" awards. Ugh.

All nonsense. A superficial understanding of physics and the universe, along with being warped into nonsense using voluminous turgid spew.

"Voluminous turgis spew" - sounds like the name of a grunge band!

hehehe, I'll start one up.

Ok, the midevil church insisted that the earth is stationary and everything in the universe orbits around it. Of course, we know this to be false, and no one has believed this in generations.

Oh, wait... some people still do:

ht tp://fixedearth.com

Without alleged billions of years there would be no evolution "theory". Period.
NASA and its global Space Agency Clones now supply those billions of years.
Obesity, Madonna, and UFO’s are examples of the boundless Evolution Promoting Circus.

and it gets WORSE:

ht tp://fixedearth.com/geosynchronous_sa.htm

(As always, remove the space between ht and tp)
Quite bizarre, indeed, PG. You may get some entertainment out of this thread:

http://www.christianforums.net/f22/sun-orbits-earth-31070/

Quite bizarre, indeed, PG. You may get some entertainment out of this thread:

http://www.christianforums.net/f22/sun-orbits-earth-31070/

WOW! There are some who still believe this?

But how? If you hold that the earth is stationary at the center of the universe, you'd not be able to join in any discussion of astronomy at any dinner party I've been to. :screwloose

But then, if you want to believe that the earth is 6,000 years old, then you'd not be able to enter geology or astronomy as a career. In fact, most of science is closed to you. How sad.

But how? If you hold that the earth is stationary at the center of the universe, you'd not be able to join in any discussion of astronomy at any dinner party I've been to. :screwloose

But then, if you want to believe that the earth is 6,000 years old, then you'd not be able to enter geology or astronomy as a career. In fact, most of science is closed to you. How sad.

i understand that you are an old earth creationist. why then isnt science closed to you?pm me on this so as not to derail this thread.

honestly, i thought pizzaguy asked free to reopen this.

strangelove must run that site.
Whatever, for some time now Strangelove appears to have abandoned the Christianity & Science forum entirely. I am not even sure that he has posted very much anywhere at all recently.

It seems to be the case.
How? Who knows?
I suppose if you're prepared to put up with a great deal of cognitive dissonance and hypocrisy in most of your professional work, it would be possible. Steve Austin and Marcus Ross, for example, manage to accomplish this feat, I believe.

I suppose if you're prepared to put up with a great deal of cognitive dissonance and hypocrisy in most of your professional work, it would be possible. Steve Austin and Marcus Ross, for example, manage to accomplish this feat, I believe.
I don't know who those guys are, but "a great deal of cognitive dissonance and hypocrisy" is no way to under-gird a career!

I don't know who those guys are, but "a great deal of cognitive dissonance and hypocrisy" is no way to under-gird a career!
You may find this interesting IRO Ross:
Marcus Ross is a young-earth creationist who was recently awarded a Ph.D. in vertebrate paleontology by the University of Rhode Island. He now teaches at Liberty University, which (IIRC, according to the acknowledgments in his dissertation) partly supported his doctoral work. Ross claims that he can both be a YEC, using his credential to bolster his teaching of Flood geology, and also work honestly in the framework of orthodox geology simply by switching “paradigms†according to (audience) context.

Ross presents work at standard geological conferences, and Joe Meert, a geologist at the University of Florida and a long-time creationism watcher, recently attended a presentation by Ross on correlating Cretaceous ammonite fossils in order to more firmly date the mosasaur fossils that were the topic of his dissertation research.

At the end of the presentation Meert asked Ross how he squared his YEC beliefs with a presentation that dated fossils to millions of years ago. According to Meert, Ross answered, “My talk had nothing to do with a global flood or a 6000 year old earth so your question is irrelevant.†When Meert pressed, Ross replied (Meert’s paraphrase)

Ok, for everyone in the audience who doesn’t know it, yes I am a young earth creationist who believes the Earth is 6000 years old and a global flood took place. However, I am not speaking as a young earth creationist here. When I speak at young earth creationist meetings I use a different framework than when I speak at the Geological Society of America meeting.

Source: LGF Pages - YEC paleontologist plumbs the depth of hypocrisy at scientific meeting

Wow. . . . . lordkalvan, . . . that really sounds like a made up quote if it wasn't for a source for it. It is just hard to believe that someone would actually state that. :confused:

I just sounds like an unethical politician who states differing opinions based upon the crowd. Funny how I seem to have a higher level of morals than people who claim to be christian. :shame

Back