Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Don't neglect yourself

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Riven

So, over the past few months since the accident, I've been going through some changes. One of those changes is recognizing that this life has value. There is more than just a job or just a relationship. There's you.

For years, I neglected my own will being. If it wasn't the booze, it was toxic relationships. If it wasn't that, it was neglecting my health in favor of making money. When things would get real bad, I would always tell myself that this life didn't really matter because we all die someday anyway, and that this is just a stop gap on the way to greater things.

This was the source of my discontent. By not putting value on myself and taking control of my own life, I was routinely falling into and out of depression. I wouldn't understand why certain things were happening in my life and I would often blame God or other people. It was like being in a constant state of melancholy.

I never could get on with that Jesus take the wheel stuff. No. It never worked for me. You know what did? Me taking control and making a conscious effort to improve my life. Not accepting that this is how it has to be.

So, if you're going through something similar, don't be afraid to take the wheel. At the end of the day, it's you and the car. You're the one that has to decide where you want to go.

Back