Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Door-to-Door

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

Door-to-door evangelism, Street preaching etc. are dying every day as technology improves. I do not think it is the best. I don't mean to discourage the use of forums (like we have here), radio and tv means of communication to spread the gospel, the internet, books and E-books etc.
I have proved that you attract people more when you go directly to them and teach the word of God. This has greater impact - since you are physically with the person. The people see you, ask questions, and you have a better understanding of their every emotion and mood. You see their difficulties!
The advantages of the later are many:
* your broadcast goes across the world at the same time
* many people are affected
* it saves time
* you don't have a problem with the most repulsive and hardened man
* In areas where christianity is a crime your listeners could secretly tune to your station. etc

Yet they have their disadvantages:

- how many people care about your broadcast!
- How many paid attention!
- how many understood!
- how many could call you back!
- how many could ask questions!
- how many mails did you reply to!
- how many have access to electronic receivers!
- how many were at home!
- how many understood your language!
- how many can read!
- how many people have sight to read!
- how many are rich to afford any of those!

There is no end to the challenges. I therefore encourage us and suggest we use both. Most of us who refuse to physically preach are the ones who are not courageous enough to stand before a person and share the word. Some are just shy. Some are afraid no one Would listen. Some have their own difficulties, Some of which are justifiable, and some of which aren't.
The best way to improve is to keep trying, and eventually you Would improve, and God can heal your mouth which stammers. Does it consume your time? You could at least squeeze out 3 hours or more in a week. You Would enjoy it. At times you crack jokes with a family, have lunch with them, have some fun - in the course of your mission. The family could host you and make it more fun! Example:

Preacher: Did you witness the match? :)
Listener: Between FC Barcelona and Manu? :)
Preacher: Yep! :thumbsup
Listener: Barcelona demolished Manu. :) :)
Preacher: Messi was a monkey in the field.
Listener: He was a magic... :biglol
Both the Listener and Preacher now laughing idiotically - and excitedly. :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

Before you know what's happening you have won a soul. :readbible :study

Some people could be terrible and unfriendly - but the Holy Spirit will help you deal with a heart of stone. And it is even better to be with such a difficult heart physically than to use the tv and radio means when all he could do is change the station or walk away.
Example:

The door opens, and the owner of the house notices the bible, and knowing his mission puckers his face :sad :bigfrown into grimace. He is both Truculent and pugnacious. The preacher shivers. :salute

Man: Take a hick! :sad
Preacher: I am sorry sir. :shocked! :shame2 :o
Man: You son of a...! Idiot!
Just for the sake of Christ. But, try another man.

Door opens and the owner looks outside.
Man2: Who are you? :bigfrown
Preacher: I am a pastor, and I brought...
Man2: what! :grumpy
Preacher: I am sorry to disturb.
Man2 slams the door and clatters back upstairs, cursing and barking.

The Preacher leaves and suddenly notices children playing outside. He says in his heart: they'd listen.

Preacher: Hello my friends! :salute
They have already noticed him from afar off.
Child: A mad man!
Preacher: :o :sad
Children: He is insane! Maaaaaad!
They took to their heels. The Preacher watches them disappear. :sad

you can't run away from situations like this.
Keep trying. God is building your courage and you will eventually have one man to talk to.

YOUR HUNT IS EASIER AND YOUR GOAL MORE LIKELY POSSIBLE IF YOU WALKS STRAIGHT TO SOMEONE AND PREACH.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh, i have had some interesting conversations with my coworker(one in particular).

i shall list two of the most recent ones.

1) While on the way to the transmission repair shop(we dont rebuild them) we passed the unity church, and he informed me of what they teach. i know of it as i have looked into that church. and he was suprised that i know of that.he knows i was into the new age and occult things so i must use wisdom with him as he is into that, and also this topic came up with church that had bad example
2) coworkers number 2 sons and dad were talking about sin, and i mean sexual sins. i have struggle in that area(not that i am an adulterer) but men well are visual. so those two are talking about how good a certain lifestyle is(women bisexuals). i was asked if i liked that. NO , No its disgusts me. they looked at me wierd. the dad told his son that i am a chrstian. the sick thing is to me. they would probably assault me if i went and said oh yeah, what about male bisexuals? ever like that? i was one. i almost said that just to make a point on their hyprocisy.

oh, i have had some interesting conversations with my coworker(one in particular).

i shall list two of the most recent ones.

1) While on the way to the transmission repair shop(we dont rebuild them) we passed the unity church, and he informed me of what they teach. i know of it as i have looked into that church. and he was suprised that i know of that.he knows i was into the new age and occult things so i must use wisdom with him as he is into that, and also this topic came up with church that had bad example
2) coworkers number 2 sons and dad were talking about sin, and i mean sexual sins. i have struggle in that area(not that i am an adulterer) but men well are visual. so those two are talking about how good a certain lifestyle is(women bisexuals). i was asked if i liked that. NO , No its disgusts me. they looked at me wierd. the dad told his son that i am a chrstian. the sick thing is to me. they would probably assault me if i went and said oh yeah, what about male bisexuals? ever like that? i was one. i almost said that just to make a point on their hyprocisy.

we kind of find it hard to persuade people that certain sexual acts are abominations. I remember when one of our teachers in the church thought something about sexual sins. It was during a youth program. He was struggling with the topic and kind of spoke in figurative or unclear terms.

I am glad, friend, that you were able to say your mind. Once you disagree with what people believe (in attempt to defend christianity) they simply avoid you. They call you a deviant!

I like brother Paul's courage! He was always strong and direct.

I like the quote by Rageprophet:

I cannot preach a watered downversion of the bible so nonbelievers can digest it.

Why do you judge? I don't feel it is necessary to "preach" in order to witness for Christ or share the gospel or even reach people. There are many ways to do this as Paul explains here.

Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant. Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led. Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will. For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. For the body is not one member, but many. 1 Corinthians 12:1-14 KJV

Why do you judge? I don't feel it is necessary to "preach" in order to witness for Christ or share the gospel or even reach people.
No Judgment.
(NKJV)
Mark16:15
And He said to them, ¡°Go into all the world and Preach the gospel to every creature.

Acts1:8
8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.¡±

(unless I didn't understand your intention) Witnessing Christ is one of the most important things we do as christians. It is an instruction from Christ Himself.

There are many ways to do this as Paul explains here.
We all mustn't be pastors - we all should witness Christ. I do not see Preaching Christ as a gift - where a person has the gift and another doesn't...Or maybe I did not understand your original intention.

No Judgment.
(NKJV)
Mark16:15
And He said to them, ¡°Go into all the world and Preach the gospel to every creature.

This is more of a theology question and I don't want to take this thread off topic but I've often wondered about this verse and whether or not we are taking it out of context. Every time I hear this verse quoted I never hear verse 14 quoted with it.

"Afterward He appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen." Mark 16:14 KJV

Likewise in Matthew we read:
Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Matthew 28:16-19

Was He speaking to the eleven or to all believers when He said to go unto the world and preach?

Acts1:8
8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.¡±

(unless I didn't understand your intention) Witnessing Christ is one of the most important things we do as christians. It is an instruction from Christ Himself.

We all mustn't be pastors - we all should witness Christ. I do not see Preaching Christ as a gift - where a person has the gift and another doesn't...Or maybe I did not understand your original intention.
Maybe our definition of "preach" is different. I agree that it is our calling to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ and witness to others that they too might come into the joy and peace of Christ. But I'm not so sure that we are commanded to "preach" the gospel. Some of us just don't have the skill or the confidence to preach. Me for example. I wouldn't do well at all to stand up before a crowd and preach. It is much easier for me to put things in writing. It allows me to write it once...walk away...come back and rephrase things...walk away...come back, etc. until I think I've expressed my views the way I intend.

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back