Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Evolution is discredited by Typology

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I've countered that you, of all people, must concede that one error in judgment with regard to conclusions that have absolutely nothing to do with Typology (Shem Ham and Japeth and Doctrine of Race is neither Type nor Anti-Type to the best of my knowledge) - and so this error can not be asserted as a general statement about typology at all.

It is. In fact, as you see, the most accomplished advocate of typology recognized that, if true, it meant human races were not related to each other. Agassiz was a polygenetist, a person who thought each human "race" (there really are no biological human races now) was independently created.

If I understand Asyncritus correctly, he would like a chance to continue the point of the thread without further diversion (his word, not mine). As such, I would suggest that the whole issue about Racism (as you have so far presented it) fails to qualify as a type and may not be rightly used in a conversation about typology. But perhaps I am wrong about this? Are you able to find a source to quote showing this special flavor of typology you allege exists, please?

Yet the prophecy again has its obverse side. Somehow they have only gone so far and no farther. The Japhethites and Semites have, sooner or later, taken over their territories, and their inventions, and then developed them and utilized them for their own enlargement. Often the Hamites, especially the Negroes, have become actual personal servants or even slaves to the others. Possessed of a genetic character concerned mainly with mundane matters, they have eventually been displaced by the intellectual and philosophical acumen of the Japhethites and the religious zeal of the Semites.
Henry Morris The Beginning of the World

And this nonsense:
http://tinyurl.com/bs2fo4b

Of course, the point is not that typology has evil consequences when used by Nazis or other racists. The point is that it's hooey.

There are no essential types; only particular organisms, many of which are transitional between two forms considered to be "types."

If you doubt this, take any two major groups, said to be connected evolutionarily and see if intermediates exist. At one time, we knew of none; now hardly any two such groups exist without known intermediates.

There are no essential types; only particular organisms, many of which are transitional between two forms considered to be "types."

If you doubt this,

One thing that I do not doubt is my understanding of Biblical Typology. Your attempt to re-define this term to a strictly limited sense fails.

Terms mean different things in different fields. "Typology," in theology, may be a legitimate and useful way of looking at things. When it comes to living organisms, it's a delusion, and one that has had some awful social consequences.

Terms mean different things in different fields.

Agreed and while speaking of Biblical Typology, my objection is that the term of one field (biology, as you've defined) does not and may not apply. Care (extreme care?) must therefore be used to clarify the scope of the term. Pardon my objection, but it almost hits me in the face every time I see broad statements made about typology, which I love as a rich and deep vein of golden insight into the very Word of God.

In the sense that Christianity was the direct parent of Jim Jones and his cult. Just because someone borrows the name, that doesn't mean there's any connection. You think the People's Republic of China is run by the people of China? As you learned, Darwin assailed the ideas promoted by "social Darwinists."

Please stop talking such puerile, illogical nonsense in what should be a scientific and reasonable discussion.

But you can't find any at the moment? How unfortunate.
You have been challenged to find ANY alleged ancestor of the bats. I personally can't find any evolutionist sufficiently stupid as to try, but doubtless you can. Bring them forth and stop wheedling your way past the fact that there ARE none - and therefore the bats MUST BE a special creation.

And if they are, then your whole silly theory is up in smoke - where it's always been.

Barbarian observes:

Linnaeus' findings contradicted the notion of "types."

It matters little to me what names we use; but I demand of you, and of the whole world, that you show me a generic character, one that is according to generally accepted principles of classification, by which to distinguish between man and ape ... I myself most assuredly know of none. I wish somebody would indicate one to me. But, if I had called man an ape, or vice versa, I should have fallen under the ban of all the ecclesiastics. It may be that as a naturalist I ought to have done so.
Carolus Linnaeus

This is an astonshing exhibition from a man who ought to have known better. On this very forum I have listed very many major differences between man and ape, and to which you have not been able to reply, far less deny.

But I am not accusing Linnaeus of charlatanism. I am accusing you.

To say that a man who was an out and out typologist was NOT a typologist, is a disgraceful exhibition of your manner of handling inconvenient facts.

The man who more than any other was responsible for the modern taxonomic system of classifying the living world into types, meaning species, genera and higher groups, is now a supporter of your foolish logic.
You learned somewhat earlier, that Huxley routed Owen, using his own anatomical data, taking the same position as Linnaeus. Would you like to see that, again?
I am at this moment interested in your falsification of Linnaeus' position: you are falsifying it in the interests of supporting your somewhat shaky position. Who knows whether or not you will falsify Owen's (and anybody else's) position in order to support your position? I am not prepared to listen, as I never know when I am hearing truth from you or not.

As Denton says (p99, Evolution, A Theory is Crisis)
Nearly all the great biologists and naturalists of the late 18th century and early 19th century, who founded the modern disciplines of comparative anatomy, taxonomy and palaeontology adhered strictly to a discontinuous typological model of nature..

As you see, he was clearly wrong about Linnaeus, who concluded that there were no essential differences between humans and other apes.
What utter nonsense. Whether he thought there were no essential differences simply means that he lumped them together under one archetype. It does not mean that he wasn't a typologist. But I shouldn't have to tell you this - but I do, and all your clutching at straws won't save your sinking theory.
When the data started accumulating, one typologist after another became a Darwist. Agassiz was the lone holdout by 1900, and all of his students became Darwinists. As you also learned, Agassiz applied "typology" to humans. Typology says blacks and white do not have a common ancestor.
Is this true - or are you fabricating again?

Barbarian chuckles:
So, when we have the platypus which has fur like a mammal, is partially warm-blooded, has the mammalian jawbone and ear, but has a cloaca like a reptile, a muzzle like a therapsid, the reptilian bones in the shoulder, and lays reptilian eggs, that seems to be a bit between "types", doesn't it? There are a lot more like that. Would you like to see more?
Account for the evolution of the platypus.

As I said below, there are oddities

To a creationist, it's an insoluble problem. But it becomes perfectly understandable when modern science takes a look at it.
To a creationist? No, God can do exactly as He wishes - something you can't grasp. To an evolutionist there is a gigantic problem. So account for the evolution of the platypus in some semblance of a coherent manner.

I say 'hopeless' because the vast, vast majority of the living world is so easily classsified into 'types' that Linnaeus' system is still used today - even to name those pathetic few you have dredged up.

You've missed his point. He made a family tree for living things. Yes, more of a bush than a tree, but still, he turns out to have been pretty good at it. DNA analyses and comparisons of conserved molecules shows that common descent is indeed very largely the way he found it to be.
I have not missed his point. I don't think you know what his point was.

He classified the natural world in the same way as we would today, if we were not blinkered by evolution dogma.

QUOTE]No one would say that a bird (which conforms to the archetypal bird) was a horse (which belongs to its own archetypal group).

Amazing that anyone with the skill to use a keyboard, would think that evolutionary theory is about such things.

Evolutionary theory is nonsensical. A typologist would make no such mistake - but an evolutionist does. He imagines that everything, from whales to sequoias 'evolved' from the mysterious 'common ancestor' : presumably a unicellular organism of some sort.

Don't you feel a bit foolish supporting such a nonsensical theory? I would, if I were you.

Barbarian suggests:
Speaking of which, tell me if Archaeopteryx is a bird or a dinosaur, and how you decided.
In order to answer your question about these specific creatures, bring forth their full classifications, down to species level, and I will tell you what the genuine taxonomists have said.
Can't do it? If you can't even do this, what makes you think you can say anything about the theory?

I asked you for some facts. Where are they?

But just to refresh your memory, here are 2 greater than I:

Gould and Eldredge exclude Archaeopteryx as a transitional form, calling it a strange mosaic which doesn't count as a transitional form
S.G. Gould and Niles Eldredge, Poleobiology, V. 3, p. 147 (1977).

Why's that, do you think?
Barbarian offers another challenge:
So tell me if Diarthrognathus is a reptile or a mammal, and how you decided. That should be easy. Mammals have one kind of jaw joint, and reptiles have a different one. So which is Diarthrognathus?
The taxonomic facts, please.

So bring forth their taxonomies, and I'll tell you.

That's what I'm asking you to do. Since you seem unable to do that, we can only conclude that your argument is specious.
You can conclude what you like - only bring forth the necessary facts so we can make a collective decision.

There may be the odd creature here and there (such as the platypus) that presents some difficulty to the typologist, but they are few and far between, and present just as many difficulties to the evolutionist who cannot possibly account for the origin of such a creature.
Barbarian observes:

As you just learned, it's a rather convincing intermediate between reptiles and mammals. A rather good mix of reptile and mammal. It's technically a mammal, because it has only the dentary in the lower jaw, but laying reptilian eggs, having reptilian shoulders and having a single cloaca instead of the mammalian urogenital structure puts it nicely in as a transitional.

Utter tripe.

It has characteristics of a mammal, a reptile, and a bird.

Since it appeared very recently, it cannot be an ancestor of any of them, and still it is till alive, that proves that it is not a transitional either.

Archaeopteryx is no bird ancestor.
Show us your evidence for that.

See below:

The discovery of the two fossil birds in the Dockum Formation near Post, Texas, by Chatterjee, has dealt a final fateful blow to Archaeopteryx as a transitional form between reptiles and birds. The fossil bird discovered by Chatterjee is alleged to be about 225 million years old, or 75 million years older than Archaeopteryx.
Ah, the "if you're alive, your uncle has to be dead" argument. It's still hooey.
What utter nonsense. Please, we're trying to conduct a serious, non-chldish discussion here. If you can't stand the facts, then at least have the decency to say so.

An age of 225 million years is supposed to correspond with the beginning of the so-called Triassic Period, the first geological period of the Mesozoic Era, the supposed era of the dinosaurs.
Let's take a look...

For 150 years, a species called Archaeopteryx has been regarded as the first true bird, representing a major evolutionary step away from dinosaurs.

But the new fossil suggests this creature was just another feathery dinosaur and not the significant link that palaeontologists had believed.

The discovery of Xiaotingia, as it is known, is reported in Nature magazine.

The authors of the report argue that three other species named in the past decade might now be serious contenders for the title of "the oldest bird".
Archaeopteryx has a hallowed place in science, long hailed as not just the first bird but as one of the clearest examples of evolution in action.

Discovered in Bavaria in 1861 just two years after the publication of Darwin's Origin of Species, the fossil seemed to blend attributes of both reptiles and birds and was quickly accepted as the "original bird".

But in recent years, doubts have arisen as older fossils with similar bird-like features such as feathers and wishbones and three fingered hands were discovered.

Now, renowned Chinese palaeontologist Professor Xu Xing believes his new discovery has finally knocked Archaeopteryx off its perch.

His team has detailed the discovery of a similar species, Xiaotingia, which dates back 155 million years to the Jurassic Period.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-14307985

So your pathetic faith in Archaeopteryx may be somewhat misplaced. Chatterjee has showed that it is, and now this Chinese gentleman is slinging more ugly facts.

Sooner or later, there are going to be even earlier birds, genuine birds found - and then where will you be? Right up to your ears in it, heh heh heh! Just you wait, Henry Higgins!

Did you know that Fred Hoyle, among others, thinks that Arch. is a fake - a convenient fake? No, I didn't think so.

We'll use the bats, AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU CARE TO NOMINATE.
Couldn't think of any? Not surprising. I've never had a creationist come up with anything.
As I said before, I can't find ANYBODY stupid enough to try. Since you seem to know so much better, why not come up with something? Otherwise we will be forced to conclude that the bats DID NOT evolve, but were created as is.

I've given you the whole animal kingdom to choose from. Go right ahead - I challenge you. Can't say fairer than that!

I personally can't find any claims that they have ancestors, - so that proves beyond doubt that they were created, rather than evolved.
Rarely does one see so bluntly the creationist assumption "if we don't know, then it means our story is right."
Ignorance, from one who claims to believe in the Origin of Species by Natural Selection, is a very sad and damaging admission.

Us creationists simply say 'God made it so'. Evolutionists on the other hand are forced to cobble together ad hoc stories which leak like the Titanic, then wave them about yelling - hey look, here are the fossils to prove it!

Only to have the boat sunk by innumerable torpedoes by innumerable examples, such as are to be found in the Cambrian Explosion of a zillion different NEW fossils, which are totally unconnected with anything that 'went before'!

Give it up barbarian, give it up. It's a hopeless theory which cannot explain any of the facts.

Whether or not the system gave rise to racism
Typology is the father of modern racism, but it's incidental to the fact that it's clearly wrong.

It is NOT clearly wrong. Is a whale not a whale and not a herring? Why is that, do you think? Both belong to different archetypal groups.

Social Darwinism produced that evil
Nope. Typology. The Nazis even borrowed the terminology. So we had a "Nordic type" and a "Jewish type" and a "Negro type" and so on. Darwinians, as you learned early, had thoroughly discredited this kind of thinking.

They're not in the same league of evil.

True. Agassiz just didn't like blacks and wanted to avoid them. The Nazis borrowed his ideology for much worse things.

If that is the case, then why wasn't it called Social Agassizim, and not Social Darwinism?

Give it up barbarian - you've lost and cannot go on defending Darwinism at the expense of the facts and your own conscience.

You've got that wrong on 2 counts at least.
Let's see...

There is no such thing as common descent.
That's what Agassiz said about whites and blacks. But he was wrong. You are, too.

I don't know if your comprehension is deficient or what. I believe that God has made all men of one blood as the Acts says.

That does not constitute the 'common descent' I'm talking about here.

I'm talking about the 'common descent' of whales and sequoias from the 'primitive' unicell (or whatever), the alleged 'common ancestor' for whose existence there is absolutely not a whiff of any proof.

Show me a fossil!

Last edited by a moderator:

If you doubt this,

One thing that I do not doubt is my understanding of Biblical Typology. Your attempt to re-define this term to a strictly limited sense fails.

I believe in the biblical typology too, but my question is about intermediate forms. How do you know which form was first?

(Barbarian challenges Async to name any two major groups, said to be evolutionarily connected; Barbarian offers to seek an intermediate)

(Async declines to do so)

Barbarian sympathizes:
But you can't find any at the moment? How unfortunate.

You have been challenged to find ANY alleged ancestor of the bats.

So that's your concession that you can't find even one case of two major group without an intermediate? You couldn't do it so you came up with a challenge for me instead.

Start a new thread on bats, and we'll deal with that there. Now that you've conceded that you can't find two major groups, said to be evolutionarily connected, and lacking a transitional, we'll move on.

Barbarian observes:
Linnaeus' findings contradicted the notion of "types."

It matters little to me what names we use; but I demand of you, and of the whole world, that you show me a generic character, one that is according to generally accepted principles of classification, by which to distinguish between man and ape ... I myself most assuredly know of none. I wish somebody would indicate one to me. But, if I had called man an ape, or vice versa, I should have fallen under the ban of all the ecclesiastics. It may be that as a naturalist I ought to have done so.
Carolus Linnaeus

This is an astonshing exhibition from a man who ought to have known better. On this very forum I have listed very many major differences between man and ape, and to which you have not been able to reply, far less deny.

As you learned Huxley routed Owen in a debate, in which he showed him that there was no essential difference in anatomy between humans and other apes. You abandoned the thread in which you claimed all those differences after I showed you they weren't essential differences at all.

But I am not accusing Linnaeus of charlatanism. I am accusing you.

I mean this to help you. It would be a lot better for you, if you did fewer accusations, and found more evidence to support your beliefs.

To say that a man who was an out and out typologist was NOT a typologist, is a disgraceful exhibition of your manner of handling inconvenient facts.

If you believe that a man who says there are no essential differences between man and ape is a typologist, then I'd have to conclude that you don't know what the word means.

The man who more than any other was responsible for the modern taxonomic system of classifying the living world into types, meaning species, genera and higher groups, is now a supporter of your foolish logic.

He knew more about anatomy than you, it seems.

I am at this moment interested in your falsification of Linnaeus' position: you are falsifying it in the interests of supporting your somewhat shaky position.

You're denying Linnaeus said it?

As Denton says (p99, Evolution, A Theory is Crisis)
Nearly all the great biologists and naturalists of the late 18th century and early 19th century, who founded the modern disciplines of comparative anatomy, taxonomy and palaeontology adhered strictly to a discontinuous typological model of nature..

Barbarian observes:
As you see, he was clearly wrong about Linnaeus, who concluded that there were no essential differences between humans and other apes.

What utter nonsense.

Linnaeus had a point. Huxley drove that point home, and of course, you bailed out of that thread when I showed you the evidence.

Whether he thought there were no essential differences simply means that he lumped them together under one archetype. It does not mean that he wasn't a typologist.

Again, if you think a man who sees no essential differences between a man and other apes is a typologist, you surely don't know what the word means.

Barbarian observes:
When the data started accumulating, one typologist after another became a Darwist. Agassiz was the lone holdout by 1900, and all of his students became Darwinists. As you also learned, Agassiz applied "typology" to humans. Typology says blacks and white do not have a common ancestor.

Is this true

No, it's false. All humans have a common ancestor. All living things on Earth have a common ancestor. That's why Linnaeus' family tree of life was possible.

But being a typologist, Agassiz argued that whites and blacks were not related to each other:

Agassiz was specifically a believer and advocate in polygenism, that races came from separate origins (specifically separate creations), were endowed with unequal attributes, and could be classified into specific climatic zones, in the same way he felt other animals and plants could be classified.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Agassiz

- or are you fabricating again?

By now, you should be cautious enough to know that when I tell you something, I can back it up.

Barbarian chuckles:
So, when we have the platypus which has fur like a mammal, is partially warm-blooded, has the mammalian jawbone and ear, but has a cloaca like a reptile, a muzzle like a therapsid, the reptilian bones in the shoulder, and lays reptilian eggs, that seems to be a bit between "types", doesn't it? There are a lot more like that. Would you like to see more?

Account for the evolution of the platypus.

Random mutation and natural selection. There are fossil platypuses that are larger and more like generalized marsupials than the highly specialized ones today. For example, they had typical marsupial teeth, not a toothless muzzle like those today.

As I said below, there are oddities

Barbarian chuckles:
To a creationist, it's an insoluble problem. But it becomes perfectly understandable when modern science takes a look at it.

To a creationist? No, God can do exactly as He wishes

You say that but when He does, you don't like it.

Barbarian observes:
You've missed his point. He made a family tree for living things. Yes, more of a bush than a tree, but still, he turns out to have been pretty good at it. DNA analyses and comparisons of conserved molecules shows that common descent is indeed very largely the way he found it to be.

I have not missed his point.

Right over your head. Sorry.

No one would say that a bird (which conforms to the archetypal bird) was a horse (which belongs to its own archetypal group).

Barbarian chuckles:
Amazing that anyone with the skill to use a keyboard, would think that evolutionary theory is about such things.

Barbarian suggests:
Speaking of which, tell me if Archaeopteryx is a bird or a dinosaur, and how you decided.

Async declines:
In order to answer your question about these specific creatures, bring forth their full classifications, down to species level, and I will tell you what the genuine taxonomists have said.

No surprise there. If you can't even do this, what makes you think you can say anything about the theory?

Gould and Eldredge exclude Archaeopteryx as a transitional form, calling it a strange mosaic which doesn't count as a transitional form
S.G. Gould and Niles Eldredge, Poleobiology, V. 3, p. 147 (1977).

You've been suckered again, I'm afraid...

"At the higher level of evolutionary transition between basic morphological designs, gradualism has always been in trouble, though it remains the "official" position of most Western evolutionists. Smooth intermediates between Bauplane are almost impossible to construct, even in thought experiments; there is certainly no evidence for them in the fossil record (curious mosaics like Archaeopteryx do not count).
Stephen Gould

He was saying that the idea of a smooth gradualism in evolution is not a realistic notion. Notice that he does not say that Archaeopteryx is not a transitional. He says it's a mosaic of some advanced and some primitive characteristics. (which is what a transitional is) You've been hoodwinked again.

Why's that, do you think?

You're easy for anyone who will tell you what you want to believe.

Barbarian offers another challenge:
So tell me if Diarthrognathus is a reptile or a mammal, and how you decided. That should be easy. Mammals have one kind of jaw joint, and reptiles have a different one. So which is Diarthrognathus?

(declines again)

No surprise there. He says if I'll classify it for him, he'll classify it for me.

That's what I'm asking you to do. Since you seem unable to do that, we can only conclude that your argument is specious.

Barbarian observes:
As you just learned, it's a rather convincing intermediate between reptiles and mammals. A rather good mix of reptile and mammal. It's technically a mammal, because it has only the dentary in the lower jaw, but laying reptilian eggs, having reptilian shoulders and having a single cloaca instead of the mammalian urogenital structure puts it nicely in as a transitional.

Utter tripe.

All facts. Sorry about that.

It has characteristics of a mammal, a reptile, and a bird.

Nope. No birdlike traits.

Since it appeared very recently,

There were primitive platypuses in the fossil record millions of years ago.

i
t cannot be an ancestor of any of them, and still it is till alive, that proves that it is not a transitional either.

Ah, the "if you're alive, your uncle must be dead" argument. Still hooey.

Archaeopteryx is no bird ancestor.

It's merely a transitional. Very close to the line that gave rise to modern birds, but it would be astonishingly lucky if we were to find the very specimen.

The discovery of the two fossil birds in the Dockum Formation near Post, Texas, by Chatterjee, has dealt a final fateful blow to Archaeopteryx as a transitional form between reptiles and birds.

See above. Your guy just doesn't know what "transitional" means. Also, Chatterjee's "bird" is no longer considered a bird and might not even be one animal, but several:

However, this description of Protoavis assumes that Protoavis has been correctly interpreted as a bird. Almost all palaeontologists doubt that Protoavis is a bird, or that all remains assigned to it even come from a single species, because of the circumstances of its discovery and unconvincing avian synapomorphies in its fragmentary material. When they were found at the Tecovas and Bull Canyon Formations in the Texas panhandle in 1984, in a sedimentary strata of a Triassic river delta, the fossils were a jumbled cache of disarticulated bones that may reflect an incident of mass mortality following a flash flood.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protoavis

(again Async does the "if you're alive, your uncle must be dead" story)

What utter nonsense.

Hooey, actually. It's quite normal for a transitional form to live on long after a new species has diverged from the line. Just as it's possible for you to be, and your uncle still alive.

But in recent years, doubts have arisen as older fossils with similar bird-like features such as feathers and wishbones and three fingered hands were discovered.

These were found in dinosaurs before birds evolved.

Sooner or later, there are going to be even earlier birds, genuine birds found - and then where will you be? Right up to your ears in it, heh heh heh! Just you wait, Henry Higgins!

As you learned, a transitional can live on as a species long after another has split off from the group. Surprise.

Did you know that Fred Hoyle, among others, thinks that Arch. is a fake - a convenient fake?

Yep. He thought the feathers were somehow attached. The demonstration of feather imprints in the counterslab put an end to that speculation.

We'll use the bats, AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU CARE TO NOMINATE.

Since you can't find any two major groups said to be evolutionarily connected, that doesn't have a transitional, we'll go to your bats. Start a new thread and I'll show you the evidence for that. But doesn't the fact that you can't find even one case without a transitional give you pause? More importantly, you can't find a transitional anywhere there shouldn't be one.

I personally can't find any claims that they have ancestors, - so that proves beyond doubt that they were created, rather than evolved.

Barbarian observes:
Rarely does one see so bluntly the creationist assumption "if we don't know, then it means our story is right."

Ignorance, from one who claims to believe in the Origin of Species by Natural Selection, is a very sad and damaging admission.

No science is without problems to solve. Start your thread on bats and I'll show you what evidence exists.

Only to have the boat sunk by innumerable torpedoes by innumerable examples, such as are to be found in the Cambrian Explosion of a zillion different NEW fossils, which are totally unconnected with anything that 'went before'!

As you learned earlier, the Cambrian was preceded by a large number of fossils of things like primitive trilobites and other invertebrates. Would you like me to show you those, again?

Barbarian observes:
Typology is the father of modern racism, but it's incidental to the fact that it's clearly wrong.

It is NOT clearly wrong.

It's wrong. All humans, for example, have a common ancestor.

Social Darwinism produced that evil

Barbarian chuckles:
Nope. Typology. The Nazis even borrowed the terminology. So we had a "Nordic type" and a "Jewish type" and a "Negro type" and so on. Darwinians, as you learned early, had thoroughly discredited this kind of thinking.

They're not in the same league of evil.

True. Agassiz just didn't like blacks and wanted to avoid them. The Nazis borrowed his ideology for much worse things.

If that is the case, then why wasn't it called Social Agassizim, and not Social Darwinism?

I bet you think the German Democratic Republic was a democracy, too. Don't be so willing to believe names people use to hide their motives.

There is no such thing as common descent.

That's what Agassiz said about whites and blacks.. But all humans have a common ancestor. And as Linnaeus and DNA analysis and a huge number of transitionals show you, all life on earth has a common ancestor.

You're willing to accept typology, until it gets to humans, and then you want to do something else. That alone should be a revelation for you.

Back