Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] Evolutionists VS. Evolution.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Question for Darwinists -- what do you "imagine to yourself" that non-Darwinists think when they read THIS from a confirmed atheist Darwinist high-priest or see videos like THIS where Darwinists appear so self-conflicted?

Evols Contradicting their own storytelling;
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Fmh8PCmrlk

SALIENT points in the Darwinist argument merely ASSUMED but not PROVEN:

Colin Patterson (Senior paleontologist at the British Natural History Museum and author of the Museum’s general text on evolution) spoke at the American Museum of Natural History 1981

“Can you tell me anything you know about evolution, any one thing…that is true?
I tried that question on the geology staff at the Field Museum of Natural history and the only answer I got was silence. I tried it on the members of the Evolutionary Morphology seminar in the University of Chicago, and all I got there was silence for a long time and eventually one person said “I know one thing – it ought not to be taught in high schoolâ€Â[/b]

(Speech that was not published but transcripts are said to be available) Similar views given by Patterson in “Deducing from Materialism†National Review Aug 29, 1986)

ANTI-KNOWLEDGE
Evolution AS FAITH

Colin Patterson (Senior paleontologist at the British Natural History Museum and author of the Museum’s general text on evolution)

A 1981 lecture presented at New York City's American Museum of Natural History

[quote:941b5]
Colin PATTERSON:

"...I'm speaking on two subjects, evolutionism and creationism, and I believe it's true to say that I know nothing whatever about either...One of the reasons I started taking this anti-evolutionary view,well, let's call it non-evolutionary , was last year I had a sudden realization.

"For over twenty years I had thought that I was working on evolution in some way. One morning I woke up, and something had happened in the night, and it struck me that I had been working on this stuff for twenty years, and there was not one thing I knew about it. "That was quite a shock that one could be misled for so long...

It does seem that the level of knowledge about evolution is remarkably shallow. We know it ought not to be taught in high school, and perhaps that's all we know about it...

about eighteen months ago...I woke up and I realized that all my life I had been duped into taking evolutionism as revealed truth in some way."

Patterson - again quoting Gillespie accusing that those "'...holding creationist ideas could plead ignorance of the means and affirm only the fact,'" Patterson countered, "That seems to summarize the feeling I get in talking to evolutionists today. They plead ignorance of the means of transformation, but affirm only the fact: 'Yes it has...we know it has taken place.'"

"...Now I think that many people in this room would acknowledge that during the last few years, if you had thought about it at all, you've experienced a shift from evolution as knowledge to evolution as faith. I know that's true of me, and I think it's true of a good many of you in here...

"...Evolution not only conveys no knowledge, but seems somehow to convey anti-knowledge [/u], apparent knowledge which is actually harmful to systematics..."

[/quote:941b5]

Surely you can "imagine" fellow darwinists agreeing "not to look" but what do you "imagine" the non-darwinists are doing??? "Not looking with you"????

And then "most innexplicably" do you then "imagine" that if you don't debate the person that keeps reminding you of these statements - - that the other non-Darwinists will "stop noting the problem with Darwinism that they point out"???

Bob

Example of a post ON THIS TOPIC of this OP -- i.e. THIS thread - still going unchallenged since it was given on PAGE ONE.

================================================================

johnmuise said:
Evolutionists VS. Evolution.

I shown this to the guys in my platoon this summer (i also brought with me, In the beginning by Dr. Walt Brown, Search for the truth by Bruce Malone and Dr. Kent Hovinds seminars on my laptop), I now have 54 out of 60 believing in creation. the other 6 are die hard Atheists, one guy even said and i quote " you have majority of the evidance in your court, but i will not fold to your god." - Pte Kodama. And "I don't care what the evidance says, i won't accept how you proclaim it happened" Pte Willis.

When will they stop for filling the prediction that says the scoffers we be willingly ignorant?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Fmh8PCmrlk

What a great Video!!

Illustrates the truth of Patterson's argument on the point - of "anti-knowledge"

ANTI-KNOWLEDGE
Evolution AS FAITH

Colin Patterson (Senior paleontologist at the British Natural History Museum and author of the Museum’s general text on evolution)

A 1981 lecture presented at New York City's American Museum of Natural History

[quote:03775]
Colin PATTERSON:

"...I'm speaking on two subjects, evolutionism and creationism, and I believe it's true to say that I know nothing whatever about either...One of the reasons I started taking this anti-evolutionary view,well, let's call it non-evolutionary , was last year I had a sudden realization.

"For over twenty years I had thought that I was working on evolution in some way. One morning I woke up, and something had happened in the night, and it struck me that I had been working on this stuff for twenty years, and there was not one thing I knew about it. "That was quite a shock that one could be misled for so long...

It does seem that the level of knowledge about evolution is remarkably shallow. We know it ought not to be taught in high school, and perhaps that's all we know about it...

about eighteen months ago...I woke up and I realized that all my life I had been duped into taking evolutionism as revealed truth in some way."

Patterson - again quoting Gillespie accusing that those "'...holding creationist ideas could plead ignorance of the means and affirm only the fact,'" Patterson countered, "That seems to summarize the feeling I get in talking to evolutionists today. They plead ignorance of the means of transformation, but affirm only the fact: 'Yes it has...we know it has taken place.'"

"...Now I think that many people in this room would acknowledge that during the last few years, if you had thought about it at all, you've experienced a shift from evolution as knowledge to evolution as faith. I know that's true of me, and I think it's true of a good many of you in here...

"...Evolution not only conveys no knowledge, but seems somehow to convey anti-knowledge [/u], apparent knowledge which is actually harmful to systematics..."

[/quote:03775]

[/quote]

Notice that Pattersons statments easily explain what we SEE the darwinist devotees DOING in that video?!!

Question for the darwinsts on this thread -- anyone other than JAY - that FINALLY let themselves WATCH and SEE what those darwinists in that video were saying?

Come on guys -- surely you aren't going to argue that you were afraid to watch your own darwinist buddies "speak". How many watched -- and when? today? or when you first started posting on this thread?
===================================================================

this was followed by the offer to let Darwinists "go first" in terms of comparing Patterson's remarks about fossil record "Stories about how one thing came from another" that are " easy enough to MAKE UP but they are NOT science" as compared to the FIRST example of darwinists being flummoxed on that very point in the Video.

Stilll. "no takers"??

Bob

Why are you still pushing this drivel, Bob? Patterson has qualified his statements. You're wrong. Regardless, let's just remove all the distracting bold and colour, and highlight the most important part of his speech...

Colin Patterson said:
"...Evolution not only conveys no knowledge, but seems somehow to convey anti-knowledge, apparent knowledge which is actually harmful to systematics"

Notice that Pattersons statments easily explain what we SEE the darwinist devotees DOING in that video?!!

What is noticed is how your use of the Patterson quotes is similar to the out of context quotes used in the video.

Distorting what others say to prop up an unscientifically supported theory of young earth.

At some point, already long passed actually, YE should be supported by its own evidence. We are all still waiting on your evidence.

I challenge you to make a thread on the evidence for YE or even ID that consists only of the evidence FOR. Are you up to it Bob?

Dunzo said:
Why are you still pushing this drivel, Bob? Patterson has qualified his statements. You're wrong.

Patterson admits he was speaking to what he called "evolutionISM".

Need proof? Click here -- read slowly
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=32996&p=393156#p392427

He also admits that ANTI-Knowledg is that which deceptively APPEARS to convey knowledge but instead conveys something WORSE than "no-knowledge" !

The quote stands.

The silly notion that Darwinism could stand with SYSTEMATICs being nothing but "anti-knowledge" is just more "storytelling" from darwinist hopefulls wishing that the reader "will not notice" that the emperor "still has no clothes" even after their smoke-and-harrumph loud response.

Bob

When a person is truly obsessed, you cannot reason him out of his obsession. I'm afraid Bob will continue to post his doctored Patterson quotes pretty much forever.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back