Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Exalt Mary and glorify God!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Death by eve:
Life by Mary:
Lk 1:30

Mary all powerful advocate!
Help of Christian’s!

Mary ever virgin, mother of God, is all powerful in her prayers!

Mary’s prayers are all powerful not cos she is God but because her son is God!

and on becoming man He (Jesus) obeyed his own commandments

you might check out the one that says “honor Thy father and mother”

“My hour has not come”

The time set by almighty God for the public ministry of Christ had not come, Jesus Christ still performed the miracle cos his mother interceded, thus a higher law, “honor thy father and mother” if ANYONE else asked it would NOT have been done!
John 2

and cos of her intercession the disciples believed in Him!
Jn 2:11

There is another point that Jesus is making when he says: what does it have to do with you and me? My hour hath not yet come. Indicating that when it does come Mary will have a prominent role to play. See Lk 2:35

Jesus is God. He didn't come to become our Savior, He came as our Savior. He is Salvation. Therefore through Mary the world received Salvation.

Queen Esther & Queen Mary!

Old Testament type or example provided by God for our instruction!

Queen Esther

Queen Esther fair: est 2:7
Mary all fair: gen3:15 Song of Solomon 4:12 Lk 1:28 rev 12:1

And the king loved Esther above all the women, and she obtained grace and favour in his sight more than all the virgins; est 2:17
Song of S. 4:2 love of God for Mary!
And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail Mary, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.
Lk 1:28 also Lk 1:30 1:42 1:45 1:48
Mary obtained grace and favor: Lk 1:28
Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Esther merits the graces of the king for the people. Est
Mary merits the graces we need but don’t deserve. Lk 1:30
Mother is the mother of our savior and our salvation! Lk 2:30 matt 1:21

They prayed to Esther to intercede for them before the king. As Mary intercedes for Christians before God.

Queen Esther found favor with the king: est 2:17
Mary found favor with God: Lk 1:30

Queen Esther saves her people interceding with the king: est 8:17
Mary provides the savior of the world!
Lk 2:10-11

Queen Esther receives half the kingdom!
Mary receives half the kingdom, Christ retains the kingdom of justice as just judge and Mary is the queen of grace & mercy! Hence the throne of grace is Mary’s throne! Heb 4:16
Depicted in genesis as the greater light that rules the day (those living in God’s will) and the lesser light that governs the night (those living in sin) Mary the mother of mercy and refuge of sinners!
Notice the sun is the source of all good and moon only reflects this goodness!
She directs all to Her divine son! Jn 2:5

Death by eve:
Life by Mary:
Lk 1:30

Eve was of the First creation: carnal
Mary of the New creation: spiritual

Eve the cos of Sin and curse disobeyed God! Gen 3:12
Mary cos of salvation, Lk 1:30 & consented to our salvation Lk 1:38 obeyed God & found our salvation Lk 1:30

Eve mourned:
Mary rejoiced: Lk 1:46

Eve gave birth to the all sinners: mother of all the living. Gen 3:20
Mary to the savior of all men: mother of all living in Christ. Jn 19:26-27 rev 12:17

Mary the mother of God! Lk 1:43

Eve brought punishment: gen 3:16
Mary salvation: Lk 1:30 & 38 Lk 2:30

Eve source of sin: gen 3:16
Mary source of grace: Lk 1:30 & 38

Eve brought death: gen 3:19
Mary life: Jn 1:16-17 & Jn 10:10

Eve only wounds & suffering: gen 3:19
Mary healing:

Eve infidelity: gen 3:6
Mary faithfulness: Lk 1:45

Eve offended the Lord: gen 3:6-7
Mary’s soul (being) doth magnify the Lord: Lk 1:46

Eve cursed: gen 3:17-19
Mary blessed: Lk 1:28

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women!
Lk 1:28

Sirach 24
Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition

24 I am the mother of fair love, and of fear, and of knowledge, and of holy hope.
25 In me is all grace of the way and of the truth, in me is all hope of life and of virtue.
26 Come over to me, all ye that desire me, and be filled with my fruits.
27 For my spirit is sweet above honey, and my inheritance above honey and the honeycomb.
28 My memory is unto everlasting generations.
(I know this scripture is deleted by the tradition of men in the KJV)

The Dove, & rainbow signs of peace are types of Mary mother of our salvation who obtained peace for all men!

Song of Solomon 1:2
Smelling sweet of the best ointments. Thy name is as oil poured out: therefore young maidens have loved thee.
Oil heals and fuels the flame, and is the fruit of the olive (peace) so the name of Mary is our peace, and healing, and fire of divine love!

Mary all powerful advocate!
Help of Christian’s!

Mary ever virgin, mother of God, is all powerful in her prayers!

“My hour has not come”

The time set by almighty God for the public ministry of Christ had not come, Jesus Christ still performed the miracle cos his mother interceded, thus a higher law, “honor thy father and mother” if ANYONE else asked it would NOT have been done!
John 2

and cos of her intercession the disciples believed in Him!
Jn 2:11

There is another point that Jesus is making when he says: what does it have to do with you and me? My hour hath not yet come. Indicating that when it does come Mary will have a prominent role to play. See Lk 2:35
The Catholic denomination has you believe all kinds of false information about Mary, so you write one lengthy post after another about unScriptural doctrine. It is a false glorification of a teenager who was chosen by God to give birth to His Son in human form. Nothing more.

She, along with Joseph, did a fair job of raising Him, but they did lose track of Him for three days. Luke 2:41-46, "Now every year his parents went to Jerusalem for the festival of the Passover. And when he was twelve years old, they went up as usual for the festival. When the festival was ended and they started to return, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem, but his parents were unaware of this. Assuming that he was in the group of travelers, they went a day’s journey. Then they started to look for him among their relatives and friends. When they did not find him, they returned to Jerusalem to search for him. After three days they found him in the temple, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions."

You exalt Mary way, way beyond who she really was. What were Jesus' thoughts about His mother? Matthew 12:46-50, " While he was still speaking to the crowds, his mother and his brothers were standing outside, wanting to speak to him. Someone told him, “Look, your mother and your brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.” But to the one who had told him this, Jesus replied, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” And pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.” (BTW, this proves that Mary was not "ever virgin".)

I won't discuss the rest of your contrived doctrine, but I will respond to this:

a) Mary ever virgin, mother of God, is all powerful in her prayers! There is nothing in the Bible that says this. She was just another person chosen for a task.

b) Mary’s prayers are all powerful not cos [sic] she is God but because her son is God! There is nothing in God's word that says that Mary's prayers are more powerful than anyone else's.

The whole Catholic doctrine of Mary is fabricated! It sets a false standard about womanhood, which no woman can possibly live up to. It subjects them to humiliation and worse when they fail to meet the unreal, mythical standard. Do some research into "marianismo".

The Catholic denomination has you believe all kinds of false information about Mary, so you write one lengthy post after another about unScriptural doctrine. It is a false glorification of a teenager who was chosen by God to give birth to His Son in human form. Nothing more.
Really nothing?
She, along with Joseph, did a fair job of raising Him, but they did lose track of Him for three days. Luke 2:41-46, "Now every year his parents went to Jerusalem for the festival of the Passover. And when he was twelve years old, they went up as usual for the festival. When the festival was ended and they started to return, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem, but his parents were unaware of this. Assuming that he was in the group of travelers, they went a day’s journey. Then they started to look for him among their relatives and friends. When they did not find him, they returned to Jerusalem to search for him. After three days they found him in the temple, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions."

You exalt Mary way, way beyond who she really was. What were Jesus' thoughts about His mother? Matthew 12:46-50, " While he was still speaking to the crowds, his mother and his brothers were standing outside, wanting to speak to him. Someone told him, “Look, your mother and your brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.” But to the one who had told him this, Jesus replied, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” And pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.” (BTW, this proves that Mary was not "ever virgin".)
Jesus is glorifying Mary who did the perfect will of God! Lk 1:45
Really brothers automatically means the same mother? Jacob had 12 sons all brothers, how many mothers did they have? 4
Even Calvin calls you a heretic if you side with Helvidius and deny the perpetual virginity of Mary, Luther as well
I won't discuss the rest of your contrived doctrine, but I will respond to this:

a) Mary ever virgin, mother of God, is all powerful in her prayers! There is nothing in the Bible that says this. She was just another person chosen for a task.

b) Mary’s prayers are all powerful not cos [sic] she is God but because her son is God! There is nothing in God's word that says that Mary's prayers are more powerful than anyone else's.

The whole Catholic doctrine of Mary is fabricated! It sets a false standard about womanhood, which no woman can possibly live up to. It subjects them to humiliation and worse when they fail to meet the unreal, mythical standard. Do some research into "marianismo".
Why does it need be in scripture
The New Testament is to establish Christ and his church, then the church has authority to teach everything

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

Christ and His church are one! (Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 15:1-5)

The evidence of true faith is humble subjection and obedience to Christ & His holy church! Jn 15:1-5 Rom 16:26

The rule of faith for Christians is Jesus Christ Jn 14:6 and His church! Matt 18:17 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Praise honor veneration and devotion redound to the Glory of God who created Mary immaculate Lk 1:49 as Christ source of all grace! Jn 1:16-17

James 5:16 prayer of righteous man has much power, how much more His divine mother

There is only one “Handmaid of the Lord”! Lk 1:28

Faithful humble handmaid Lk 1:45 Lk 1:48

There is only one “Mother of our Savior” who consented to our salvation undoing the sin of Eve! Lk 1:38

Mary found our salvation lost by Adam! Lk 1:30

Consented to our salvation! Lk 1:38

There is only one “woman” who seed crushes satans proud head Gen 3:15 and is queen in heaven! Rev 12:1

There is only one who’s soul (existence) magnifies the Lord! Lk 1:46

We must declared Her “blessed”! Lk 1:48

And we cannot be disciples of Our Lord without taking Mary into our house! Jn 19:26:27

Bible proves that Mary most holy, ever virgin mother of God & mother of our salvation is not a sinner!

Lk 1:28 Hail, Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women.

How can God fill a sinner with grace, and remain a sinner?
Hail Mary full of grace!

How can the Lord be with a sinner?
The lord is with thee!

How can sinner be blessed!
Blessed art thou, and all generations shall call me blessed!

Lk 1: 43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

How can a sinner be the mother of God?

Lk 1: 45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

How could sinner be faithful?

Lk 1: 46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

How could a sinner magnify the Lord?

Lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

How could sinner be humble?

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

How could sinner be the immaculate conception and the have the Holy Spirit accomplish the Miraculous conception of Jesus in Her?

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

How could sinner be a perpetual Virgin bringing forth the savior of the world?

Jn 2 how could Christ obey a sinner and perform a miracle in which his disciples believed in him?

Jn 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

How could sinner be our spiritual mother?

Lk 2:30 I have seen my salvation!

How could a sinner be the mother of our salvation?

Really nothing?

Jesus is glorifying Mary who did the perfect will of God! Lk 1:45
Really brothers automatically means the same mother? Jacob had 12 sons all brothers, how many mothers did they have? 4
Even Calvin calls you a heretic if you side with Helvidius and deny the perpetual virginity of Mary, Luther as well

Why does it need be in scripture
The New Testament is to establish Christ and his church, then the church has authority to teach everything
Luke 1:45 is Elizabeth's comment about her cousin Mary. The verse has nothing to do with Jesus glorifying Mary!

The Bible says that Jesus had brothers. Why don't you believe what Scripture says? The several times that Jesus' brothers are mentioned, not once did He say "I have no brothers" or "these people aren't my brothers" or anything like that.

Mary was not a perpetual virgin. You clearly want to believe that myth, but biblically it has no basis.

Why does it need to be in Scripture? Because the Bible is God's true word to humanity. Once you go beyond the Bible, as you clearly do, you can invent all kinds of myths and claim that they're true.

"The New Testament is to establish Christ and his church, then the church has authority to teach everything" is meaningless. The Catholic denomination has created one extrabiblical "truth" after another in order to justify its legitimacy and control of its followers. Here are some facts...

a) There is no mention of the Catholic denomination in the Bible.
b) The original church was 100% Jews. Gentiles were added later.
c) There is no mention of the Pope in the Bible.
d) The exaltation and glorification of Mary has no Biblical basis.
e) and there is much, much more! I am exercising restraint by mentioning only the above.

Praise honor veneration and devotion redound to the Glory of God who created Mary immaculate Lk 1:49 as Christ source of all grace! Jn 1:16-17

James 5:16 prayer of righteous man has much power, how much more His divine mother
This has no Scriptural basis.

There is nothing in the Bible that says that Mary’s prayers are all powerful. If her Son is God that doesn't give her any extra powers.

When His mother and brothers came to see him, what does the Bible say happened? "Then his mother and his brothers came, and standing outside they sent to him and called him. A crowd was sitting around him, and they said to him, “Your mother and your brothers are outside asking for you.” And he replied, “Who are my mother and my brothers?And looking at those who sat around him, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does the will of God is my brother and sister and mother.” Mark 3:31-35 So clearly, your conception of Jesus' relation to His birth mother is not Biblical.

Saying that the prayer of righteous man has much power, how much more His divine mother is illogical. James 5:16, "Therefore confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, so that you may be healed. The prayer of the righteous is powerful and effective." This is clearly about confessing sins to each other and praying for each other. It has nothing to do with Mary!!!

Look, I don't want to debate Catholic doctrine with you. Go ahead and believe whatever you want, but stop claiming that you and your denomination are the source of truth. You and it are not!

BTW, since you're in Texas, why not do a little research into marianismo and the damage it has done and is doing to women.

Simple logic required
Jesus is our salvation:
Mary is His mother:
So she is mother of our salvation!
Thanks
Nowhere in scripture is it said that Mary the mother of Jesus sacrificed her life for mankind. We have salvation because Jesus sacrificed his life for us that's what the scriptures say.

No one else's personal suffering but Mary's is united to Jesus' personal suffering by an old covenant prophecy.

Simeon said a sword will pierce Mary's heart.

Nowhere in scripture is it said that Mary the mother of Jesus sacrificed her life for mankind. We have salvation because Jesus sacrificed his life for us that's what the scriptures say.
All grace comes thru Mary!

This has no Scriptural basis.

There is nothing in the Bible that says that Mary’s prayers are all powerful. If her Son is God that doesn't give her any extra powers.

When His mother and brothers came to see him, what does the Bible say happened? "Then his mother and his brothers came, and standing outside they sent to him and called him. A crowd was sitting around him, and they said to him, “Your mother and your brothers are outside asking for you.” And he replied, “Who are my mother and my brothers?And looking at those who sat around him, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does the will of God is my brother and sister and mother.” Mark 3:31-35 So clearly, your conception of Jesus' relation to His birth mother is not Biblical.

Saying that the prayer of righteous man has much power, how much more His divine mother is illogical. James 5:16, "Therefore confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, so that you may be healed. The prayer of the righteous is powerful and effective." This is clearly about confessing sins to each other and praying for each other. It has nothing to do with Mary!!!

Look, I don't want to debate Catholic doctrine with you. Go ahead and believe whatever you want, but stop claiming that you and your denomination are the source of truth. You and it are not!

BTW, since you're in Texas, why not do a little research into marianismo and the damage it has done and is doing to women.
Christ and His church are the teachers of truth not us. Our faith is revealed by God.

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

Christ and His church are one! (Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 15:1-5)

Thanks

No one else's personal suffering but Mary's is united to Jesus' personal suffering by an old covenant prophecy.

Simeon said a sword will pierce Mary's heart.
Simeon said that in the New Testament. Luke 2:25-26

If that's not what you're referring to then give the OT reference.

Bible proves that Mary most holy, ever virgin mother of God & mother of our salvation is not a sinner!

Lk 1:28 Hail, Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women.

How can God fill a sinner with grace, and remain a sinner?
Hail Mary full of grace!

How can the Lord be with a sinner?
The lord is with thee!

How can sinner be blessed!
Blessed art thou, and all generations shall call me blessed!

Lk 1: 43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

How can a sinner be the mother of God?

Lk 1: 45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

How could sinner be faithful?

Lk 1: 46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

How could a sinner magnify the Lord?

Lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

How could sinner be humble?

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

How could sinner be the immaculate conception and the have the Holy Spirit accomplish the Miraculous conception of Jesus in Her?

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

How could sinner be a perpetual Virgin bringing forth the savior of the world?

Jn 2 how could Christ obey a sinner and perform a miracle in which his disciples believed in him?

Jn 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

How could sinner be our spiritual mother?

Lk 2:30 I have seen my salvation!

How could a sinner be the mother of our salvation?
All you are doing is posting Catholic denomination doctrine. Aren't you capable of expressing your own thoughts instead of repeating the Catholic concepts over and over and over?

A great deal of false attributes have been ascribed to Mary, but it is unScriptural. She was a teenage selected by God to give birth to His Son. She and Joseph did a fair job of raising Him and His brothers and sisters-- mostly Joseph of course -- but really was not much of a factor in His adult life. Jesus rarely acknowledged her and even claimed that His true mother and brothers were His disciples, not His birth mother and brothers.

Matthew 12:46-50, "While he was still speaking to the crowds, his mother and his brothers were standing outside, wanting to speak to him. Someone told him, “Look, your mother and your brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.” But to the one who had told him this, Jesus replied, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” And pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

There is an obvious need in the Catholic denomination to go way beyond what the Bible clearly says. This is especially true about the glorification of Mary. It extends also to the unScriptural ideas of the Pope, the Catholic denomination being the first church, the worship of idols (so-called "saints"), confessing one's sins to a "father" (call no man "father"), the depiction of Jesus still on the cross, the excommunication of people who dared to oppose the Catholic teachings, the mass murders of the Crusades, etc., but those are beyond the scope of this discussion.

Back