Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Exalt Mary and glorify God!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Simeon said that in the New Testament. Luke 2:25-26

If that's not what you're referring to then give the OT reference.
Im afraid you are mistaken about that. The Old Covenant ending happens in the New Testament

He was a prophet of the OC. OC prophets pointed to the coming of a savior. John the Baptist was the last and greatest of these.
He said many things written in the NT but was of the OC.
That's why Jesus said the least in Kingdom of God is greater than him.

We received Jesus through Mary. That means all that Jesus gives including Grace came through Mary. That's in scripture right?
Nowhere in scripture does it say we owe our grace through Mary. Our grace is from God through his only begotten Son Jesus Christ

All you are doing is posting Catholic denomination doctrine. Aren't you capable of expressing your own thoughts instead of repeating the Catholic concepts over and over and over?

A great deal of false attributes have been ascribed to Mary, but it is unScriptural. She was a teenage selected by God to give birth to His Son. She and Joseph did a fair job of raising Him and His brothers and sisters-- mostly Joseph of course -- but really was not much of a factor in His adult life. Jesus rarely acknowledged her and even claimed that His true mother and brothers were His disciples, not His birth mother and brothers.

Matthew 12:46-50, "While he was still speaking to the crowds, his mother and his brothers were standing outside, wanting to speak to him. Someone told him, “Look, your mother and your brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.” But to the one who had told him this, Jesus replied, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” And pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

There is an obvious need in the Catholic denomination to go way beyond what the Bible clearly says. This is especially true about the glorification of Mary. It extends also to the unScriptural ideas of the Pope, the Catholic denomination being the first church, the worship of idols (so-called "saints"), confessing one's sins to a "father" (call no man "father"), the depiction of Jesus still on the cross, the excommunication of people who dared to oppose the Catholic teachings, the mass murders of the Crusades, etc., but those are beyond the scope of this discussion.
Really confession Jn 20:23
Christ on the cross gal 3:1
Christ and His church are the source of truth Jn 1:16-17 Jn 14:6 1 Tim 3:16 Matt 18:17 both Christ and his church are the light (truth) of the world Jn 8:12 Matt 5:14

The church teaches what Christ has revealed not what we discover in scripture study
Thanks

And who did he come thru?
John 3:16 nor any other scripture says anything about exercising faith in Mary to get eternal life. We exercise faith that God sent his only begotten son to mankind to die for mankind then resurrected him three days after his death. There's no name under heaven except Jesus Christ that we're saved by grace. You're trying to say that scripture at Acts 4:12 is not true that there is another name which you say is Mary that says we're saved by grace.

Really confession Jn 20:23
Christ on the cross gal 3:1
Christ and His church are the source of truth Jn 1:16-17 Jn 14:6 1 Tim 3:16 Matt 18:17 both Christ and his church are the light (truth) of the world Jn 8:12 Matt 5:14

The church teaches what Christ has revealed not what we discover in scripture study
Thanks
I have no idea what you mean by "really confession". John 20:23 says, "If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.” This was said to His disciples after His resurrection. What is your point? If you take this literally, only those disciples who were present can forgive sins. If you take its meaning more broadly, it means that any disciple of Jesus can forgive sins. That isn't limited to Catholic priests. And there is no "recipe" for absolution.

What about Christ on the cross (Galatians 3:1)? Galatian 3:1-5, "You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? It was before your eyes that Jesus Christ was publicly exhibited as crucified! The only thing I want to learn from you is this: Did you receive the Spirit by doing the works of the law or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? Having started with the Spirit, are you now ending with the flesh? Did you experience so much for nothing?—if it really was for nothing. Well then, does God supply you with the Spirit and work miracles among you by your doing the works of the law or by your believing what you heard?" If you want the key phrase it's "Did you receive the Spirit by doing the works of the law or by believing what you heard?" If you're referring to Catholics portraying Jesus as still on the cross, I have news for you: He is no longer there; He has been resurrected and is at the right hand of God. (And there is nothing that shows that Mary is there with Him.) Matthew 28:1-7, "After the Sabbath, as the first day of the week was dawning, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to see the tomb. And suddenly there was a great earthquake, for an angel of the Lord, descending from heaven, came and rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning and his clothing white as snow. For fear of him the guards shook and became like dead men. But the angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus who was crucified. He is not here, for he has been raised, as he said. Come, see the place where he lay. [past tense] Then go quickly and tell his disciples, ‘He has been raised from the dead, and indeed he is going ahead of you to Galilee; there you will see him.’ This is my message for you.” It is disgusting to show Him dead, when He clearly is not!

I agree 100% that Christ and His church are the source of truth and both Christ and his church are the light (truth) of the world. That is not limited to the Catholic denomination, which has mixed Scriptural truth with many unScriptural untruths.

Finally, writing that "the church (obviously meaning the Catholic denomination) teaches what Christ has revealed not what we discover in scripture study" is Catholic propaganda. The Bible is God's word. (Sola scriptura) Many of the teachings of the Catholic church are human inventions that depart from the Bible. Two prime examples: there is no mention of the Pope; there is no mention of the Catholic denomination.

John 3:16 nor any other scripture says anything about exercising faith in Mary to get eternal life. We exercise faith that God sent his only begotten son to mankind to die for mankind then resurrected him three days after his death. There's no name under heaven except Jesus Christ that we're saved by grace. You're trying to say that scripture at Acts 4:12 is not true that there is another name which you say is Mary that says we're saved by grace.
That’s true but Jesus came thru Mary and we go thru Mary the throne of grace heb 4:16

That’s true but Jesus came thru Mary and we go thru Mary the throne of grace heb 4:16
I'm not going to agree with you you're outright calling God a liar. You're saying there is another name besides Jesus under heaven to be saved by grace.

I have no idea what you mean by "really confession". John 20:23 says, "If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.” This was said to His disciples after His resurrection. What is your point? If you take this literally, only those disciples who were present can forgive sins. If you take its meaning more broadly, it means that any disciple of Jesus can forgive sins. That isn't limited to Catholic priests. And there is no "recipe" for absolution.

What about Christ on the cross (Galatians 3:1)? Galatian 3:1-5, "You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? It was before your eyes that Jesus Christ was publicly exhibited as crucified! The only thing I want to learn from you is this: Did you receive the Spirit by doing the works of the law or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? Having started with the Spirit, are you now ending with the flesh? Did you experience so much for nothing?—if it really was for nothing. Well then, does God supply you with the Spirit and work miracles among you by your doing the works of the law or by your believing what you heard?" If you want the key phrase it's "Did you receive the Spirit by doing the works of the law or by believing what you heard?" If you're referring to Catholics portraying Jesus as still on the cross, I have news for you: He is no longer there; He has been resurrected and is at the right hand of God. (And there is nothing that shows that Mary is there with Him.) Matthew 28:1-7, "After the Sabbath, as the first day of the week was dawning, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to see the tomb. And suddenly there was a great earthquake, for an angel of the Lord, descending from heaven, came and rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning and his clothing white as snow. For fear of him the guards shook and became like dead men. But the angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus who was crucified. He is not here, for he has been raised, as he said. Come, see the place where he lay. [past tense] Then go quickly and tell his disciples, ‘He has been raised from the dead, and indeed he is going ahead of you to Galilee; there you will see him.’ This is my message for you.” It is disgusting to show Him dead, when He clearly is not!

I agree 100% that Christ and His church are the source of truth and both Christ and his church are the light (truth) of the world. That is not limited to the Catholic denomination, which has mixed Scriptural truth with many unScriptural untruths.

Finally, writing that "the church (obviously meaning the Catholic denomination) teaches what Christ has revealed not what we discover in scripture study" is Catholic propaganda. The Bible is God's word. (Sola scriptura) Many of the teachings of the Catholic church are human inventions that depart from the Bible. Two prime examples: there is no mention of the Pope; there is no mention of the Catholic denomination.
Nowhere in the Bible does it say that we approach the throne of grace through Mary! That is Catholic foolishness.
Who’s throne is it?

I'm not going to agree with you you're outright calling God a liar. You're saying there is another name besides Jesus under heaven to be saved by grace.
No I’m not
Christ is the only savior the only source of grace but Mary is the means by which God comes to us!
Are you born again?

Who’s throne is it?
It's Jesus' throne. He is our high priest.

Hebrews 4:14-16, "Since, then, we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast to our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who in every respect has been tested[e] as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

No I’m not
Christ is the only savior the only source of grace but Mary is the means by which God comes to us!
Are you born again?
No the scriptures don't say that God comes to us by Mary or through Mary. He comes to us through his only begotten Son Jesus Christ. You're outright contradicting scripture.

It's Jesus' throne. He is our high priest.

Hebrews 4:14-16, "Since, then, we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast to our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who in every respect has been tested[e] as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."
Mary’s throne of grace lk 1:28
Jesus is at the right hand of the Father on the great white throne!

No the scriptures don't say that God comes to us by Mary or through Mary. He comes to us through his only begotten Son Jesus Christ. You're outright contradicting scripture.
Are you saying Jesus is not God!
The Lord is with Her lk 1:28

Are you saying Jesus is not God!
The Lord is with Her lk 1:28
Nowhere in scripture does it say Jesus Christ is God. Scripture says that Jesus Christ is the only begotten son of God. That Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God.
After Jesus was resurrected from the dead Jesus tells Mary at John 20:17 to go tell his apostles and disciples that he's going to his Father and their Father and his God and their God. So here at this scripture at John 20:17 Jesus Christ said after he was resurrected that he has a Father and God that is his apostles Father and God. So Jesus Christ himself admits at John 20:17 that he's not the Father and God of his apostles and disciples but Jesus is saying that his Father and God is the Father and God of his apostles and disciples. That person who is the Father and God of Jesus Christ is YHWH God.(some pronounce YHWH as, "Jehovah" others pronounce it "Yahweh." So YHWH God is the Father and God of Jesus therefore YHWH God is the Father and God of Jesus Christ apostles and disciples.

Nowhere in scripture does it say Jesus Christ is God. Scripture says that Jesus Christ is the only begotten son of God. That Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God.
After Jesus was resurrected from the dead Jesus tells Mary at John 20:17 to go tell his apostles and disciples that he's going to his Father and their Father and his God and their God. So here at this scripture at John 20:17 Jesus Christ said after he was resurrected that he has a Father and God that is his apostles Father and God. So Jesus Christ himself admits at John 20:17 that he's not the Father and God of his apostles and disciples but Jesus is saying that his Father and God is the Father and God of his apostles and disciples. That person who is the Father and God of Jesus Christ is YHWH God.(some pronounce YHWH as, "Jehovah" others pronounce it "Yahweh." So YHWH God is the Father and God of Jesus therefore YHWH God is the Father and God of Jesus Christ apostles and disciples.
If you don't understand the Biblical concept of the Trinity then you need to keep reading the Bible and praying for understanding.

Back