Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Fear of death

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I get quite worried about the muslims who deliberately take their own lives. I hope we know what am talking about.

Suicide bombing thing.

I found, when I did have some trappings of faith (now gladly shaken off), that I was more afraid of death than I am now.
The idea of an afterlife almost made me scared of death, because it assumed that I already was. The need for and promise of an afterlife felt like it was provided because death was something awful and to be scared of, and this was some attempt at comfort despite that.
Losing faith, and accepting death as just "the end" made it less scary, if anything.
In that I could go "this is what death is, and it's not great, but it's not so scary that I need an afterlife to compensate for it."

So no, I'm no longer afraid of death, at all. I'm merely determined to enjoy and experience life to the full before I encounter it.

I found, when I did have some trappings of faith (now gladly shaken off), that I was more afraid of death than I am now.
The idea of an afterlife almost made me scared of death, because it assumed that I already was. The need for and promise of an afterlife felt like it was provided because death was something awful and to be scared of, and this was some attempt at comfort despite that.
Losing faith, and accepting death as just "the end" made it less scary, if anything.
In that I could go "this is what death is, and it's not great, but it's not so scary that I need an afterlife to compensate for it."

So no, I'm no longer afraid of death, at all. I'm merely determined to enjoy and experience life to the full before I encounter it.

I understand your POV, its a sort of "let us eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die!". So you see yourself as now embracing life because you aren't focusing on death. The problem as I see it, is not that you embrace life, but that you see us as embracing death. No christian fears death, I fear the emotions I may feel, and that someone may take pleasure from my death. But death itself is nothing to fear. I say that if I am right, and if you are right. If I am right we are resurrected and spend eternity with God on Earth. If you are we sleep forever.

Now if a traditionalist Christian is right, it aint so bad.

The problem for you would be if i or the traditionalist is right, you are either going to be incinerated unto destruction (biblical belief) or burn forever in agony in hell (traditionalist).

So what do you do? I for one wouldnt turn away from this, I would ponder a few questions:

1.Why does the TV promote so much that is non-christian, even blasphemous?

2.Why are most university lecturers communist?

3.Why does every documentary on space or biology promote evolution as fact?

4.What if the world is headed towards a one world government called "The New World Order"

5.If not; why does the news continually promote global unity, and promote a specific agenda towards acclimatizing the public.

6.What if there is an anti-christ who will rise? Doesnt that lend credence to christianity? Thusly should I not learn as much as I can?

7.I would ask you here to go to youtube and watch Alex Jones Bohemian Grove documentary, and stuff on the Alien deception by knowwheretorun1984.

8.From what you have seen, if the elites of the world have been carrying the secrets through the ages, and evidently worship lucifer, and theosophists like Blavatsky, Pike and Bailey are promoting the Luciferian doctrine, and talk about the coming "World Teacher", as well as the New Age love for Maitreya (the new Messiah)..do you want to be deceived when it comes..after all..if he IS the AntiChrist, that means the bible is true.

9.If this has all made sense, and I doubt it has..I intended to show that through simply deduction, the existence of God can be proven just by observing the actions of the enemy. The world is poised for its new saviour. All it needs is the biggest pawn in the game..now I am predicting this, If I am wrong so be it, But I will simply say, in the next few years, some kind of contact with "ET", either engineered by humanity or by demonic beings.

10. You can dismiss this or not, but if this happens you will at least be prepared to see that God is real. If it doesnt happen then maybe God will reach out to you some other way. But if we get a world government, one world religion, voluntary RFID chips, mass slaughter of Christians..then you will see and know that Yahweh is God!

I hope you remember these predictions, then maybe you will see that embracing life, you are embracing less than 10% of what a human being would or should call life. We are slaves, not only to sin, but to other men. We are in a false system of wealth and labour..we are taught to idolize people based on appearance and "charisma", whilst being subliminally manipulated to hate ourselves.

Love life, but love freedom more!

Imagine that! I'm not afraid of death either! Just to clarify, I'm not out looking to die or anything, but dying is a natural part of living, so we need to accept that part of life.

Now then, you view death as the end of the road while I view death as the beginning of a new adventure! But for the meantime, neither of us are afraid to die.

We both want to experience life to the fullest too! Imagine that as well! But what does that mean? Who gets to measure that? You know, when I say I want to experience life to the fullest, what I'm really saying is that I want to enjoy life and have a good time. You see, because the fact of the matter is this. Life is full of tragedy, disappointment and heart ache. You see, life is kind of like dying... we all go through it.

Do I really want to experience the fullness of life knowing it's full of disappointment, tragedy and heart ache? Of course not. What I want, is somebody to be by my side when I go through these things in life. I want to know that somebody cares for me, and they won't leave me. I want to know that I'll be ok, and that I'll make it through to see another sunny day. I want somebody who can relate to me, who understands me. You see, find somebody like that, and you'll experience something you can't find anywhere else and that my friend, is "Living" life in it's fullest.

You see, I believe there is a God out there that is so much bigger than I can ever imagine, and I believe he knows what's best for me, even when I hit rough waters.

So you see, I'm not afraid of dying either, and I know I"m living my life as full as it can be, and I'm ready when the storms hit, and I'm not afraid of the storms either, because I know that with the fullness of life, comes the bad times too. Like death, it's just a matter of time.

John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

I don't really fear death. I'm to the point where, when it comes to death, I have a reasonable amount of faith (not total faith, but enough for now) that God's will shall be done. Aside from that, God saved me from all the sinful behaviors--pills, booze, homosexuality--that created Hell on earth and most likely would have been the death of me.

I do have this occasional question of what's it like to die? You know? I try not to think about it too much. With medical technology the way it is and increasing use of hospice, I figure odds are pretty good I'll be on a morphine drip or something when it comes time to give up the ghost.

I don't really fear death. I'm to the point where, when it comes to death, I have a reasonable amount of faith (not total faith, but enough for now) that God's will shall be done. Aside from that, God saved me from all the sinful behaviors--pills, booze, homosexuality--that created Hell on earth and most likely would have been the death of me.

I do have this occasional question of what's it like to die? You know? I try not to think about it too much. With medical technology the way it is and increasing use of hospice, I figure odds are pretty good I'll be on a morphine drip or something when it comes time to give up the ghost.

The way I see it nowadays, if we are in the last days of this age, the odds are pretty good we will end up at the wrong end of a guillotine, or ak-47.

But tbf I dont mind; when I wake up those who killed me will be dead and awaiting judgment day, and it will be the millennial kingdom!

To live is Christ (his work, carrying our cross) to die is gain (the resurrection, eternal life). That's the goal!

I'm not afraid of what comes after death but I'm sorta afraid of the fact that I don't know when. I imagine long time from now I'm gonna be old in my house laying in bed or wathing tv then suddenly I'm in heaven and I'm gonna be like OH MY GOSH I'M DEAD!!!!! But as for the rest of eternity I'm happy the rest of forever gets to be with God. And IT'S NOT GONNA END! :biggrin Is it bad that I'm a little excited? Cuz I mean come on this is the guy who gave his life for me and I get to meet him! :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin It's so freaking amazing.

I've actually thought about this.. I'm not so sure I want to go out on a morphine drip, and I've made provisions to deny life support under most circumstances. It may sound morbid, but we only die once and although I'm kind of attached to this world, and I'm attached to this body I want to experience dieing naturally, the way God designed us to die. I've got an aversion to drugs because I know that they are an escape from reality and people use drugs as an escape. And i also know that our reality is a perceived reality and those that take drugs to escape reality are just hiding in their own perceived reality which is so far from the real world they miss the beauty that is right in front of them.

I've gone through a lot of sorrow in my life, but looking back I can see a sort of beauty in it. It's hard to explain, but God is good in that way. For me, when I die, that's like my last breath in this world, and as odd as it may sound, I want to experience that last moment being sober.

Yet another strange thread of mine:biggrinunno

Is it unbiblical to be afraid of death?

Peter was never afraid of death - he took 'holy' risks and God was with him. Most other figures in the bible never feared death 'even at the point of death'.

Matthew 10:39 NKJV

He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.

How do we reconcile this verse with the question?

So,

*Is it unbiblical to be afraid of death?
*Are you afraid of dying now? (You musn't answer this)

Ta!:salute

I am not afraid of death. I am a christian. I can't die now because I have not finished the job God gave me to do on this earth. Jesus has the key of death and hell(Revelation so the devil can't terrorise me with death. He (devil) does not have the, Jesus has it and Jesus can't terrorise me with it

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back