Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Females As Leaders/Pastors Of Males In Evangelical Churches.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Show me that scripturally.
Your assumption behind your request is irrational.
Your assumption is that if there is not a specific Bible verse
that states something, then that something cannot be true.

But that is false.

Here is a truth:
All men are mortal.
Socrates is a man.
Therefore Socrates is mortal.
Where is the Bible verse that says that is true.
There isn't one.
But do you deny that, that syllogism is true?
No of course you don't.

Here is another one:
Euclid's first common notion is this:
Things which are equal to the same thing are equal to each other
Give me a Bible verse that says that is true.
There isn't one.
Yet you believe that Euclid's first notion is true.

JAG

Your assumption behind your request is irrational.
Your assumption is that if there is not a specific Bible verse
that states something, then that something cannot be true.

But that is false.

Here is a truth:
All men are mortal.
Socrates is a man.
Therefore Socrates is mortal.
Where is the Bible verse that says that is true.
There isn't one.
But do you deny that, that syllogism is true?
No of course you don't.

Here is another one:
Euclid's first common notion is this:
Things which are equal to the same thing are equal to each other
Give me a Bible verse that says that is true.
There isn't one.
Yet you believe that Euclid's first notion is true.

JAG
You are making some grave assumptions there. First off, you have no clue of the details of what I believe and don't believe.

Second, the physical world and the spiritual world do not necessarily behave the same.
In the physical world 1 + 1 = 2.
In the spiritual world 1 + 1 = 1.

Mark 10:8
and the two shall become one flesh; so they are no longer two, but one flesh.

John 10:30
I and the Father are one.”

And that point throws Euclid's notion out the window in regards to spiritual matters.

You are making some grave assumptions there. First off, you have no clue of the details of what I believe and don't believe.

Second, the physical world and the spiritual world do not necessarily behave the same.

And that point throws Euclid's notion out the window in regards to spiritual matters.

Your assumptions are incorrect (and irrational).

When a man and woman get married they remain 2 distinct separate
people. They do not become only one person in the physical world, so
Euclid's first notion stands absolutely true. A married couple visits a
restaurant and the waiter sees two separate people, not one person.
Each person has a separate plate and so there are two plates, not just
one plate. So? So Euclid's first notion holds true. And 1 + 1 can NEVER
equal 1

And the Lord Jesus is a separate distinct Person from the Person of God the
Father. When the Bible says that the Father and Son are One, it does not
mean they have blended together
so that now the Father/Son have become one
member of the Holy Trinity, leaving the Holy Spirit to be the second member of the Holy Trinity so that now, on your lights, the Holy Trinity has only two members instead of the correct Three members of the Holy Trinity. So? So Euclid's first notion stands absolutely true. And 1 +1 can NEVER equal 1

Also . . .
it is factually true that Feminism and the Women's Empowerment Movement
came FIRST in America and then NEXT came the Homosexual Empowerment Movement in America and that the SAME arguments used to justify the empowerment of females to rule over males are also used to justify the empowerment of homosexuals to rule (political office) over males (and women and children.)

And this same pattern occured within Evangelical Churches. FIRST they accepted female preachers.leaders/pastors in their churches . . . and NOW the same reasons used to justify accepting females as their preachers/pastors are being used to justify accepting homosexuals as their preachers/leaders/pastors in their churches.

JAG

Isaiah 3:12
"Youths oppress my people,
women rule over them.
My people, your guides lead you astray;
they turn you from the path."__God Almighty

Do you agree with the principle stated clear and bold by God Himself in Isaiah 3:12 that when women rule over God's people that means that their guides have lead them astray and have turned them from the path?

JAG

Your assumptions are incorrect (and irrational).

When a man and woman get married they remain 2 distinct separate
people. They do not become only one person in the physical world, so
Euclid's first notion stands absolutely true. A married couple visits a
restaurant and the waiter sees two separate people, not one person.
Each person has a separate plate and so there are two plates, not just
one plate. So? So Euclid's first notion holds true. And 1 + 1 can NEVER
equal 1
Then what our Lord said in Mark 10.8 is a lie? I don't think so.
"No longer two..."
And the Lord Jesus is a separate distinct Person from the Person of God the Father. When the Bible says that the Father and Son are One, it does not mean they have blended together so that now the Father/Son have become one member of the Holy Trinity, leaving the Holy Spirit to be the second member of the Holy Trinity so that now, on your lights, the Holy Trinity has only two members instead of the correct Three members of the Holy Trinity.
Oh. Be VERY careful there. WHat you are proposing is bordering on tri-theism rather than monotheism. 3 separate gods instead of one GOD.
That is a heresy that goes back to the 2nd century and has been rightly condemned by numerous church counsels.

Deuteronomy 6:4
“Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is one!

Also . . .
it is factually true that Feminism and the Women's Empowerment Movement
came FIRST in America and then NEXT came the Homosexual Empowerment Movement in America and that the SAME arguments used to justify the empowerment of females to rule over males are also used to justify the empowerment of homosexuals to rule (political office) over males (and women and children.)
What happens in the political or social arenas is IRRELEVANT to christian doctrine.

But find me CHAPTER AND VERSE that ties the 2 together. You will not because it does NOT exist.

That's an odd thing to say. Do you mean if something is not in scripture then it's not true?

It is true that the Holy Scriptures are the book of truth. Not 'a' book of truth but 'the' book of truth. But the scriptures are salvific in nature and intended purpose. Now this in no way can imply that there is no truth outside of the Bible. God's word is true and just and every word in the Bible is true, But God didn't shut up after writing the scriptures! He speaks to all of us everyday. (Need the scripture for that one?) God also speaks to many people and gives them revelation while they are reading His word. (want scripture for that too?!)

The Bible I've noticed is the only book that you can always see something new in it no matter how many times you've read it. It will speak to your spirit.

Even with all of the deception in the world, you shouldn't paint with such a wide brush with comments like that. :wink

That's an odd thing to say. Do you mean if something is not in scripture then it's not true?
Not at all.
But I am saying that only by scripture can we absolutely know something is the truth.
It is true that the Holy Scriptures are the book of truth. Not 'a' book of truth but 'the' book of truth. But the scriptures are salvific in nature and intended purpose.
Sorry - but only about 10% (my estimate) of scripture is on how to get saved. The rest is example and command on how to live AFTER one is saved.

Then what our Lord said in Mark 10.8 is a lie? I don't think so.
"No longer two..."

Oh. Be VERY careful there. WHat you are proposing is bordering on tri-theism rather than monotheism. 3 separate gods instead of one GOD.
That is a heresy that goes back to the 2nd century and has been rightly condemned by numerous church counsels.

Deuteronomy 6:4
“Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is one!

What happens in the political or social arenas is IRRELEVANT to christian doctrine.

Do you agree with the principle stated clear and bold by God Himself in Isaiah 3:12 that when women rule over God's people that means that their guides have lead them astray and have turned them from the path?

Which one?
(1) You agree
(2) You disagree.

Isaiah 3:12
"Youths oppress my people,
women rule over them.
My people, your guides lead you astray;
they turn you from the path."__God Almighty

JAG

Back