Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

FILIOQUE: From the Father and the Son

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Because in Him everyone is born:

And so it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. (1 Cor. 15:45 NKJ)

Just as the Father is by virtue of creation, the Father of all, the Son is by virtue of His Ransom Sacrifice, the Father of all who believe.

Its a title. It does not describe nature, it describes a relationship with others. You can be Father to your children, I Father to mine, doesn't mean we are one person.

And He is "everlasting Father" because before the foundation of the world, the "lamb was slain" and names written in His "book of everlasting life":

"names... written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. (Rev. 13:8 NKJ)
It doesn't answer the question.

HOW can a "child is born" be the same as "everlasting Father?"

That's what Isaiah said through the Holy Spirit.

HOW?

HOW is it that Isaiah says "a child is born" [identified as Son of His Father: God] and then in the same breath identifies this child as "everlasting Father?"

Just say you don't know.
Doctrine of two natures unknown to you? The man Jesus was born, God the Son giving life to all who believe in the Man Jesus is Everlasting Father, through faith by God's grace.

Doctrine of two natures unknown to you? The man Jesus was born, God the Son giving life to all who believe in the Man Jesus is Everlasting Father, through faith by God's grace.
I know, I know. The doctrine is first found here:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. Gen. 3:15.

BUT HOW is it Isaiah calls the Son of God "a child is born" and identifies Him as "everlasting Father in Isaiah 9:6?"

Just say "I don't know."

I know, I know. The doctrine is first found here:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. Gen. 3:15.

BUT HOW is it Isaiah calls the Son of God "a child is born" and identifies Him as "everlasting Father in Isaiah 9:6?"

Just say "I don't know."
Its in the verse! A Child is born = humanity of Jesus; "Mighty God, Everlasting Father" =Deity of Jesus.

Two natures in hypostatic union in the One Person of God the Son.

For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. (Isa. 9:6 NKJ)

The sphere of Infinite Radius that is God the Son, became centered in the humanity of Jesus so He is the God/Man, God in human flesh without any confusion of natures. But He is ONE Person, so what applies to Jesus applies to God the Son, the One Person.

Isaiah says the man Jesus is born, the Lamb who takes away the sin of the world, thus becoming Everlasting Father to all who have faith in Him.

Its in the verse! A Child is born = humanity of Jesus; "Mighty God, Everlasting Father" =Deity of Jesus.

Two natures in hypostatic union in the One Person of God the Son.

For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. (Isa. 9:6 NKJ)

The sphere of Infinite Radius that is God the Son, became centered in the humanity of Jesus so He is the God/Man, God in human flesh without any confusion of natures. But He is ONE Person, so what applies to Jesus applies to God the Son, the One Person.

Isaiah says the man Jesus is born, the Lamb who takes away the sin of the world, thus becoming Everlasting Father to all who have faith in Him.
Becoming?

Becoming?
In linear time, yes. But from God's perspective, timeless:

Christ is "everlasting Father" to all whose names are written in "the book of life of the Lamb", which happened even before Creation (foundation of the world) and therefore is their "everlasting" (=Everlasting Father )

written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. (Rev. 13:8 NKJ)

The Father is a Spirit (John 4:23-24) without flesh inhabiting eternity (Isaiah 57:15).

The Son, being God, is the same Spirit (John 4:24, Ephesians 4:4) come in human flesh (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7).

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back