Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Food; yes or no

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Britney

I've been having a hard time figuring out whether I can consume certain things. The way things currently stand, our food has more than just plants and animals in it. My biggest problem is the crude oil made products that goes in our food and medicine and packaging. I am bothered because what I understand of how oil is formed, it forms by trapping plants or bodies of living beings without oxygen. One person believes the Flood could have started a lot of oil production because of the conditions. So could we be eating people? I am having a hard time eating. This is in so much. I am underweight and want to get healthy. What should I do?

Should know that people have their god as their belly, so we cant have meats for the belly, as God will destroy both of them..

Philippians 3:19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

1 Corinthians 6:13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.

I've been having a hard time figuring out whether I can consume certain things. The way things currently stand, our food has more than just plants and animals in it.
Buy your raw food at a farmer's market . If you do not know how to cook, learn how .
My biggest problem is the crude oil made products that goes in our food and medicine and packaging.
Sure crude oil is in plastic packaging , so don't by things in plastic , buy food in glass jars .
I am having a hard time eating. This is in so much. I am underweight and want to get healthy. What should I do?
See a dietician, your GP should be able to recommend one for you .

1Tim 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Tim 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1Tim 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
1Tim 4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
1Tim 4:5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

What is being said here that all meat is good for us as God has sanctified it, meaning making it good for us to eat. Our main meat is beef, pork, chicken and fish which are all good for us. Plastics can be harmful so like what hawkman said, try to buy more things contained in glass and buy fresh vegetables.

Should know that people have their god as their belly, so we cant have meats for the belly, as God will destroy both of them..

Philippians 3:19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

1 Corinthians 6:13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.
There you go taking a verses out of context of the whole of scripture as you do in every thread you are involved in. None of this has anything to do with this topic.

Philippians 3:12-21 is about our goal of perfection as we press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

1 Corinthians 6:12-20 is about fleeing sexual immortality.

I've been having a hard time figuring out whether I can consume certain things. The way things currently stand, our food has more than just plants and animals in it. My biggest problem is the crude oil made products that goes in our food and medicine and packaging. I am bothered because what I understand of how oil is formed, it forms by trapping plants or bodies of living beings without oxygen. One person believes the Flood could have started a lot of oil production because of the conditions. So could we be eating people? I am having a hard time eating. This is in so much. I am underweight and want to get healthy. What should I do?
Try raising your own garden, chickens and eggs. Make friends with the local farmer so that you can get raw milk, yogurt or whatever else. If you can raise a cow, better yet. If you can't do that, then buy Kosher which may be a bit better than regular produce and meats.

As has already been said, you need to eat a healthy diet.
If you are worried about packaging, buy unpackaged meat and vegetables.

As to whether dead human beings are in crude oil?

We cannot say with 100% certainty either way, as there were people, lots of people living prior to the f.ood some of them will have ended up in crude oil.

That said please read 1 Corinthians 8 verse 8, Food does not bring us close to God.

Eat healthily and as responsible as you can.

Try raising your own garden, chickens and eggs. Make friends with the local farmer so that you can get raw milk, yogurt or whatever else. If you can raise a cow, better yet. If you can't do that, then buy Kosher which may be a bit better than regular produce and meats.
Not so easy to do if you are on the 20th floor of a high rise apartment building.

Kosher is fine, but can be very expensive.

Hi Britney

I'm curious. What do you believe is going to happen to you if you eat some food that was stored in a plastic container?

God bless,
Ted
I'm concerned about eating something made from crude oil and sinning because of it. Currently I am doing the best I can by not eating food with it as an ingredient and focusing on homemade foods.

I'm concerned about eating something made from crude oil and sinning because of it. Currently I am doing the best I can by not eating food with it as an ingredient and focusing on homemade foods.
Sinning? So you're not on board with the idea that Jesus said that nothing that goes into a person makes them unclean.

Because you could be eating people.
I think you're over thinking this just a bit too much.

God bless,
Ted

Because you could be eating people.
If you were going to the butchers and buying a human leg totoast and eat, then yes that is cannibalism, but the chemicals forming plants and animals that formed crude oil are so broken down that chemist and bio.ogists are OT able to identify what they came from.

It is an unrealistic fear.

If you were going to the butchers and buying a human leg totoast and eat, then yes that is cannibalism, but the chemicals forming plants and animals that formed crude oil are so broken down that chemist and bio.ogists are OT able to identify what they came from.

It is an unrealistic fear.
But it is still sin.

Romans 14:23
But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin.

if it is done in fear, it cannot be done in faith. Therefore it is sin.

But it is still sin.

But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin.

How is a belief that one ' might ' be eating molecules that where once part of a human being sin?

There is no evidence that chemicals that were once part of a human being has got into our food via crude oil.

But it is still sin.

Here's some more from that same chapter.

14 I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

The question I have for Britney is where and how do you draw the line? It isn't just crude oil, coal, or natural gas that comes from former living things. Everything that lives on this earth comes from former living things in one way or another. A plant or animal dies earthworms, nightcrawlers, insect larvae, and so forth along with various bacteria and other microorganisms consume it for food. This leaves behind the nutrients and organic matter in the soil required by plants for life. The plants grow and provide food for animals and other living things including us. We consume plants and animals for our food and rely on them for life and this circle of life continues indefinitely. What could one possibly use for food that has not been part of this cycle?

If it is any consolation for you, consider what God says.

29 And God said, “See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food.
30 Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food”; and it was so.
31 Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good.

Genesis 1:29-31 NKJV

1 So God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them: “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth.
2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be on every beast of the earth, on every bird of the air, on all that move on the earth, and on all the fish of the sea. They are given into your hand.
3 Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs.

Genesis 9:1-3 NKJV

Not so easy to do if you are on the 20th floor of a high rise apartment building.

Kosher is fine, but can be very expensive.
Yes, I see your point. I don't have an answer to people in the city that maybe have to travel to get their supplies. But then again, this was every person's dream that raised their kids in the city to get out of the city due to high crime, drugs and the like. It's like a prison of sorts getting only what is available. At least I assume you are in the city. I don't know of too many apartment houses out here in the country that are at least 20 stories high. We do have farmers with eggs and cattle, though. :lol I allow one of the farmers to use my land for very little cost (only because he insisted on paying something). This is to feed his cattle; we have them farm over 10 acres.

Hi Britney,
I think God, at least at this point in time, is providing us with a reasonable food, air, and water supply.

You're probably breathing air, the components of which were at sometime probably inside a persons body, maybe even part of their body and bloodstream. Also, there's no telling about the water that you're drinking and where it's been before. I don't think you should feel uncomfortable with the air, water and food that you are taking in.

I do think it's a good idea to avoid processed/packaged foods where reasonable since there is usually an alternative that is more natural and often more healthy.

Take care.

Back