Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

For the love of convenience, for the love of progress, for the love of...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Today while in the checkout line at the grocery store, I noticed an elderly man in front of me using his phone to pay for bread. However, he was having a bit of trouble getting the numbers right, so it took two or three attempts of typing the account numbers and pass words and verifications and pins and all such security and verification necessities before the transaction was completed.

I couldn't help but wonder how things could be more convenient if there were an easier way to access his electronic account; a way which would save all the hassle of typing in numbers and save time for everyone involved. There is cash, or smart cards, but those methods are clumsy and come with their own inconveniences. Technology is progressing to the point now that people shouldn't need to fumble with cash or cards, or even phones anymore and those in the queue behind them shouldn't need to wait while they fumble.

I think it's time for microchip implants. So convenient. Never forget it. Never lose it. No messy pin codes or verification numbers. Whatever the transaction may be, just scan and go. Peace of mind and time saved.

When I think about how this technology has been around for quite a while already, but that it's only an unwillingness of the people to trust the technology and accept it, I really wonder why it's taken so long to reach this point, though I see so many signs of people learning how to adapt to it by now. I think it's been like that with new modifications to money all throughout history.

Sometimes it takes time for people to learn how to accept just how normal and convenient new ideas are. Normal, safe, acceptable; a new way to utilize and appreciate what makes the world go round. Even when we think, in our fearful naivety, that we'll always get along with the old ways of doing it and we want no part of fancy schmancy new innovation, progress is inevitable and we end up being swept along by a changing environment which will not allow for sitting on the fence. When it comes to progress we always end up making a choice one way or the other.

I think it's time for microchip implants. So convenient. Never forget it. Never lose it. No messy pin codes or verification numbers. Whatever the transaction may be, just scan and go. Peace of mind and time saved.

Do that and you lose control of your finances.

okay. im not for being chipped, the nsa/irs fiascos give me enough concern.

gary said:
Me either. :nono

Hmm, I'm not quite sure you guys understand the situation. "I won't be chipped" is a bit like someone a thousand years ago saying, "I'll never use paper money" or someone a hundred years ago saying, "plastic cards? pfftt. That's rediculous I won't do it".

Money always changes. It's a natural part of progress. Just as you can't use gold coins at the grocery store these days, so too will methods like cash money and cards become obsolete. It's quite amazing how quickly "concerns" can be overcome when it comes to paying the bills.

Hmm, I'm not quite sure you guys understand the situation. "I won't be chipped" is a bit like someone a thousand years ago saying, "I'll never use paper money" or someone a hundred years ago saying, "plastic cards? pfftt. That's rediculous I won't do it".

I'm not saying it'll never happen.

I'm saying it'll never happen to me.

See the difference?

Some people are also concerned these things like microchips are one more step closer to the mark of the beast. I'm not so sure they're wrong about that.

As for the use of atm and credit cards and cash not being used any more. Well after having my bank account drained by hackers, then later finding out how my bank was ripping me off with tons of charges that they tricked me into agreeing to in the fine print of so many multi page notices they sent me, I went back to cash whenever practical. In fact, I sold some real estate a few years ago and even on a large chunk of profit like that I took it in cash. It's safer in my hiding place than it is in the bank. I use no credit cards and have no debt. I use my ATM card for online purchases and bill paying, but only keep a small amount of money in the account and make cash deposits to it as needed. Everything else is cash. That way no government interference, no identity thief can get anything more than the little bit I keep in my account for my ATM card, and no one has the ability to pry into my spending habits beyond things I buy online or bills I pay by ATM card and no one can track where I've been by looking at the locations of card purchases. When I get paid by check for a job, I deposit the check to my business account then withdraw the cash to put in my hiding place.

When I get paid by check for a job, I deposit the check to my business account then withdraw the cash to put in my hiding place.

sherlocksmile.gif

Amen Brother,
I do the same. I have one card for online and stores and keep just enough in it....
The chip talk stuff has been going on some time and my room mate is considering the medical chip which would allow any emergency people or doctors to scan and have her history and in her case might be a very good thing.
Now with all the crazy so called drama tv shows and all the evil stuff on tv and in real life......Shoot it would simply come to either cutting the chip out or the body part off.......sounds sick but, if it has been on tv, well you can bet it is done in real life or will be tried.....

Well after having my bank account drained by hackers, then later finding out how my bank was ripping me off with tons of charges that they tricked me into agreeing to in the fine print of so many multi page notices they sent me, I went back to cash whenever practical.

That's what meant when I said one would lose control of their finances. If your money is in their hands, you have no control over what happens to it.

I'm not saying it'll never happen.

I'm saying it'll never happen to me.

See the difference?

Yes I do see the difference, but I still think you're not understanding the point I'm making. The only way it will "never happen" to you, is if you don't buy or sell anymore. So, while it's true that you can choose not to accept advancements in banking technology for a time, your choice does not stop the system from moving on without you and eventually you will be forced to apply the new technology or not bank anymore. If you don't change with the system then you will not be able to use the system anymore. You can't take gold coins into the grocery store anymore.

Those people who refused to let go of using gold coins as currency were left behind by the progress around them. The same thing will happen with microchip implants. In other words, it's easy to talk tough now, but when it comes time to putting food on the table most people will, almost miraculously get a much better understanding of just how useful these chips will be.

I went back to cash whenever practical.

Sure, it's still practical in some areas now, but it's becoming less practical. The trend is clear and inevitable. It's not a matter of hiding the cash so you don't need to trust banks. A time is coming when it won't matter how much cash you have hidden. You will not be able to use it unless you convert it to electronic currency.

A cashless society will happen. People keep talking about ways to avoid the inevitable as though it's not inevitable.

Some people are also concerned these things like microchips are one more step closer to the mark of the beast. I'm not so sure they're wrong about that.

Isn't that just an irrational reaction to the advancement of technology? Isn't that just people being afraid of the future, what they don't understand? Sure, there are amazingly accurate similarities between what the Mark prophecy describes and what's happening in world banking today, but aren't people being just a teensy bit paranoid about it?

Why would God put us in a situation where we can no longer buy or sell? I'm sure god understands that money makes the world go round and money puts food on the table and money provides for all the various needs we have. I don't think God would try to come between us and our need for money to survive. Why would he want to do something so obviously contrary to what we need for survival?

Yes I do see the difference, but I still think you're not understanding the point I'm making. The only way it will "never happen" to you, is if you don't buy or sell anymore. So, while it's true that you can choose not to accept advancements in banking technology for a time, your choice does not stop the system from moving on without you and eventually you will be forced to apply the new technology or not bank anymore. If you don't change with the system then you will not be able to use the system anymore. You can't take gold coins into the grocery store anymore.

Those people who refused to let go of using gold coins as currency were left behind by the progress around them. The same thing will happen with microchip implants. In other words, it's easy to talk tough now, but when it comes time to putting food on the table most people will, almost miraculously get a much better understanding of just how useful these chips will be.
I don't fear the mark as taught today. im not a believer in that as taught. my point is from the position of control. credit cards can be stolen. cash is harder to steal, you have to take it from the person and also once stolen it easier to get rid of yet id theft is much worse, much much worse. tracking dollars is hard but not credit card. chips? what about the dea and nsa issue the dea has been watching us all from cameras while we drive. you commit a crime? they come take the property first and without any proof positive that you did commit the crime. they then after the court decision don't have to return your items, you must prove to them that you didn't do anything wrong. uhm the court said I was innocence. I shouldn't have to wait for my car, home and what not. it should be mine as quickly as possible again. that is why I don't want that stuff.

what about the dea and nsa issue the dea has been watching us all from cameras while we drive. you commit a crime? they come take the property first and without any proof positive that you did commit the crime. they then after the court decision don't have to return your items, you must prove to them that you didn't do anything wrong. uhm the court said I was innocence. I shouldn't have to wait for my car, home and what not. it should be mine as quickly as possible again. that is why I don't want that stuff.
sounds like a topic for another thread

Yeah, chips. The evolution of money. It's inevitable. Microchip implants are coming. Apparently politicians in Israel have proposed legislation which would limit the amount of cash transactions businesses are allows to perform each year, as a way of encouraging more electronic transactions, thus making it easier to track and collect tax revenue.

For the first time, a serious proposal by government officials to specifically limit cash transactions is being considered. It is inevitable.

cash is harder to steal, you have to take it from the person

I think you're still not getting the point of this thread. It will not matter how much cash you hide under your mattress if you cannot use the cash to buy what you want.

You talk as though you will still have a choice between microchips and cash. So long as you carefully hide the cash so no one can steal it from you, then all will be well. The point is that a microchip implant will be better than either cash or smart cards, because it won't be stolen.

sounds like a topic for another thread

Yeah, chips. The evolution of money. It's inevitable. Microchip implants are coming. Apparently politicians in Israel have proposed legislation which would limit the amount of cash transactions businesses are allows to perform each year, as a way of encouraging more electronic transactions, thus making it easier to track and collect tax revenue.

For the first time, a serious proposal by government officials to specifically limit cash transactions is being considered. It is inevitable.

I think you're still not getting the point of this thread. It will not matter how much cash you hide under your mattress if you cannot use the cash to buy what you want.

You talk as though you will still have a choice between microchips and cash. So long as you carefully hide the cash so no one can steal it from you, then all will be well. The point is that a microchip implant will be better than either cash or smart cards, because it won't be stolen.

I know a man who had cash hidden in a safe. the only reason it was stolen is because he told his neighbor he never had any saving that way via bank. he had bonds which were all burned by the theif.

uhm a person can steal a chip via a means men will figure it out. NOTHING is foolproof. you id is on the other side of the chip reader that must verify what is on it. it aslo broadcasts. my dog has one for dog location. it has a signal, if it can be read and it can be hacked into.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back