Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

forgiving one another

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
My dear friend

It is not easy what to say, for there is so much in my heart, but the Lord looks at all hearts, so I give him a heart
James 5: 16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, [b]fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

A Contrite Heart
75844ef798e6d2cef1ab61788be6dbe3.gif

Psalm 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart-- These,
O God, You will not despise.

Psalm 34:18 The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart And saves such as have a contrite spirit.

The Publican tax collector

Luke 18:11-14 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, 'God, I thank You that I am not like other men--extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.
I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.'
And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!'
I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

The Centurion

Matthew 8:5-11 Now when Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him, pleading with Him,
saying, "Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, dreadfully tormented." And Jesus said to him, "I will come and heal him."
The centurion answered and said, "Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed. For I also am a man under authority, having soldiers under me, And I say to this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and to another, 'Come,' and he comes; and to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it."
When Jesus heard it, He marveled, and said to those who followed, "Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel!
And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.

What words can I give?

Romans 10:10-11 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth, confession is made unto salvation.
For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes in Him will not be put to shame." 1 Corinthians 13:11-When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
For now, we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Jeremiah 10:23-24 O LORD, I know the way of man is not in himself; It is not in man who walks to direct his own steps.
O LORD, correct me, but with justice; Not in Your anger, lest You bring me to nothing.

Can you forgive me, Lord?

Psalm 55:20-23 He has put forth his hands against those who were at peace with him; He has broken his covenant.
The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, But war was in his heart; His words were softer than oil, Yet they were drawn swords.
Cast your burden on the LORD, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.
But You, O God, shall bring them down to the pit of destruction; Bloodthirsty and deceitful men shall not live out half their days; But I will trust in You.

Psalm 91:14-16 "Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high because he has known My name.
He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life, I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation."

Can you forgive the Lord?

Isaiah 55:1-3 Ho! Everyone who thirsts, Come to the waters; And you who have no money, Come, buy and eat. Yes, come, buy wine and milk Without money and without price.
Why do you spend money on what is not bread, And your wages on what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, And let your soul delight itself in abundance.
Incline your ear, and come to Me. Hear, and your soul shall live; And I will make an everlasting covenant with you-- The sure mercies of David.

Isaiah 55:6-7 Seek the LORD while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near.
Let the wicked forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts; Let him return to the LORD, And He will have mercy on him; And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon.

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come into him and dine with him, and he with Me.

Thank you, Lord

Psalm 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the LORD delivers him out of them all.

Romans 8:27-28 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Romans 8:1-2 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

Psalm 103:11-12 For as the heavens are high above the earth, So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him;
As far as the East is from the West, So far has He removed our transgressions from us.

Greetings
if I may
of the Gentiles
OIP-58.jpg

Galatians 2:11-21 Now when Peter had come to Antioch, I [b]withstood him to his face because he was to be blamed; for before certain men came from James, he would eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing those who were of the circumcision. And the rest of the Jews also played the hypocrite with him, so that even Barnabas was carried away by their hypocrisy.

But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, “If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law, no flesh shall be justified.

“But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.”

It would be interesting to know your thoughts on all these verses you've quoted.
Greetings
if I may
I give you these words

Understanding scriptures. 1 Corinthians 2: 13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
comparing. (scripture, with scriptures)

But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them because they are spiritually discerned.
But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he is rightly judged by no one
For "who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ.
1 Cor 2:13-16

Gentiles
1-hxtrn-DCSvybr-Lw-PPT7-MVQ.jpg
In the Bible, Jews and Gentiles were distinct groups, with Jews generally treating Gentiles as strangers but with kindness. The word "Gentile" is a modern English term that comes from the Hebrew word goy, which means "nation" and is used to refer to non-Jewish people. In the gospels, "Gentile" usually means "non-Jewish".

Some say that Galatians 3:28 states, "There is neither Jew nor Gentile". However, the verse also says, "There is neither male nor female," and some say that faith in Jesus allows for a deeper relationship between Jews and Gentiles, making them "one new man". This means neither human male nor human female, but a new creation

Here are some examples of the Bible using the terms "Jew" and "Gentile":
Romans 1:1–2:16

Paul and the apostles minister to "all" the Gentiles, or non-Jews, as well as Jews.
Romans 2:9-10

Paul uses the phrase "to the Jew first and also to the Greek" twice when discussing future judgment and reward.
Ephesians 2:14

When Jews and Gentiles put their faith in Yeshua, they become "one new man".
19.jpg

\In the Bible, Romans 11:17 describes Gentile Christians as being grafted in among the branches of Israel's metaphorical tree. This refers to a common olive tree farming practice where branches are transplanted to mingle plants from one tree to another. In this context, the grafting means that Gentile Christians receive nourishment from the same holy roots as believing Jewish people.

Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you too will be cut off. And even then, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again.

Romans 11:15 For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?
For if the first fruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches.

Romans 11: 17- 19 (NKJV) And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree, do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you.
You will say then, "Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in." (this means that the Gentiles are grafted together as one, whether Jews, Greeks, and Gentiles a new creation!

Romans 11: 22 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either.

Romans 11: 26 - 27And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: "The Deliverer will come out of Zion, And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
For this is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins."

Romans 11:15 For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?
For if the first fruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches.

Romans 15:12 (NKJV) Isaiah says: "There shall be a root of Jesse; And He who shall rise to reign over the Gentiles, In Him the Gentiles shall hope."

Romans 11: 22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.
And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.
For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, are the natural branches, be grafted into the olive tree?

Last edited:
Luke4:
And as was his custom, he went to the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and he stood up to read. 17 And the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written,

18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives
and recovering of sight to the blind,
to set at liberty those who are oppressed,
19 to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.”

20 And he rolled up the scroll and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him. 21 And he began to say to them, “Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.” 22 And all spoke well of him and marveled at the gracious words that were coming from his mouth.

It is interesting that Jesus preached from 5he passage he'd just read.
He didn't just read it, but he explained, he applied it to their lives.

Why don't you?

Ever weened a child? They love their milk and soft baby food, yet are aware that Mum or Dad is eating something different and curiosity causes them to try it and spit it out.
But as they try again and again they move from soft ' mush ' to more and more solid food.

It is the same at church.
The spiritual preacher feeds the babies with milk and ' mush ', but also feeds the more mature with more solid food, as well as serving chunks of tough meat to challenge the mature.

It is up to the congregation to talk to the preachers, challenging them to serve tougher ' meat ', it is far to easy to preach a simple sermon, far harder to develop something that meets every spiritual condition.

Ever weened a child? They love their milk and soft baby food, yet are aware that Mum or Dad is eating something different and curiosity causes them to try it and spit it out.
But as they try again and again they move from soft ' mush ' to more and more solid food.

It is the same at church.
The spiritual preacher feeds the babies with milk and ' mush ', but also feeds the more mature with more solid food, as well as serving chunks of tough meat to challenge the mature.

It is up to the congregation to talk to the preachers, challenging them to serve tougher ' meat ', it is far to easy to preach a simple sermon, far harder to develop something that meets every spiritual condition.
Everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
Though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; you have come to need milk, not solid food.
Hebrews 5: 12 -13
R-99.gif

“Whom will he teach knowledge?
And whom will he make to understand the message?
Those just weaned from milk?
Are those just drawn from the breasts?
For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept,
Line upon line, line upon line,
Here a little, there a little.”
Isaiah 28: 9-10

R-2024-05-22-T141545-109.gif

But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who because of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
Hebrews 5: 12-14

cup23.png

that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality.
If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well.
Acts 15: 29

Shame you seem unable to put what you teach into practise.

Jesus sat down and explained the passage he had read and people were amazed at his gracious words and insight.

Well, we're are your gracious words and insight into the many, many verses you quote.

it is said Character is when no one is watching
images-66.jpg

I give you a mystery :study

we read in Mark 4:11 but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables.

Luke 8:11 that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand. Now the parable is this; The seed is the word of God.

Romans 11: 25-26 For I would not brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your conceits; that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles is come in. And so all Israel shall be saved; as it is written, There shall come out Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob;

Romans 16: 25 27 Now to him that is of power to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began. But now is made manifest and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith;

First Corinthians 2: 6-12 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect; yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to naught; But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the world unto our glory; Which none of the princes of this world knew; for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit; for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? Even so, the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are free given to us of God.

waterboy.jpg

First Corinthians 4:1 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.

First Corinthians 13: 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy and understand all mysteries and all knowledge and though I have all faith so that I could remove mountains and have not charity, I am nothing.

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
Who opposeth and exalts himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth
2 Thess 2:3-4 (KJV)

picture-4.jpg
Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:3-4

First Corinthians 14: 2-5 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God; for no man understand him; (mean men in their native language) howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men edification and exhortation and comfort.
He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church. I would that ye all spake with tongues but rather that ye prophesied for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interprets that the church may receive edifying.

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
Matt 18:20

2d06c2a02de1b425324dfb0c2a3284cd-sound-installation-art-installations.jpg

Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed.
1 Cor 15:51

Shame you seem unable to put what you teach into practise.

Jesus sat down and explained the passage he had read and people were amazed at his gracious words and insight.

Well, we're are your gracious words and insight into the many, many verses you quote.
greeting
images-46.jpg

If I May, no more than your word babies with milk and ' mush ', comply we need hush, an act of criticizing, that's ok If I may, but I
critique your words
images-82.jpg

2 Timothy 2:15
everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, justify as one as a child.
poetry

Last edited:
Luke4:
And as was his custom, he went to the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and he stood up to read. 17 And the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written,

18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives
and recovering of sight to the blind,
to set at liberty those who are oppressed,
19 to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.”

20 And he rolled up the scroll and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him. 21 And he began to say to them, “Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.” 22 And all spoke well of him and marveled at the gracious words that were coming from his mouth.

It is interesting that Jesus preached from 5he passage he'd just read.
He didn't just read it, but he explained, he applied it to their lives.

Why don't you?
greetings
I give you these words for comfort, compassion, and encouragement

images-CA2-UVQ5-R.jpg

If I preach the gospel, that gives me no ground for boasting. For necessity is laid upon me. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!
1 Corinthians 9:16

Through Him, we have received grace and apostleship for obedience to the faith among all nations for His name,
among whom you also are the called of Jesus Christ;
Romans 1:5-6

Bondservants, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in sincerity of heart, as to Christ; not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but as bondservants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart, with goodwill doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men, knowing that whatever good anyone does, he will receive the same from the Lord, whether he is a slave or free.
And you, masters, do the same things to them, giving up threatening, knowing that your own Master is also in heaven, and there is no partiality with Him.
Eph 6:5-9 (NKJV)

images-CA2-WQ7-YU.jpg

love is all I know

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back