Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Fossil Record

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I'd have to disagree with this statement, respectfully. The fossil record is a testament to our sin. It's mans fault that the flood came. The world that was, died because of sin. I think it makes God sad, to look down and see what had to be done. Everyday we see it; it should remind of our condition.

Then God said to Noah, "The end of all flesh has come before Me; for the earth is filled with violence because of them; and behold, I am about to destroy them with the earth. 14"Make for yourself an ark of gopher wood; you shall make the ark with rooms, and shall cover it inside and out with pitch.…

Nope. God's grief was temporary.

Then Noah built an altar to the Lord, and there he sacrificed as burnt offerings the animals and birds that had been approved for that purpose. And the Lord was pleased with the aroma of the sacrifice and said to himself, “I will never again curse the ground because of the human race, even though everything they think or imagine is bent toward evil from childhood. I will never again destroy all living things. As long as the earth remains, there will be planting and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night.”
. . .
"I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all the earth."

Gen 8:20-22, 9:13

I firmly believe that those fossils were embedded when the earth was created. I don't believe that any creature God has created has become extinct from man or any other member of nature.

Nope. God's grief was temporary.

Then Noah built an altar to the Lord, and there he sacrificed as burnt offerings the animals and birds that had been approved for that purpose. And the Lord was pleased with the aroma of the sacrifice and said to himself, “I will never again curse the ground because of the human race, even though everything they think or imagine is bent toward evil from childhood. I will never again destroy all living things. As long as the earth remains, there will be planting and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night.”
. . .
"I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all the earth."

Gen 8:20-22, 9:13

I firmly believe that those fossils were embedded when the earth was created. I don't believe that any creature God has created has become extinct from man or any other member of nature.

Hi Garth. If your going to firmly beleive that the fossils were created embedded when the earth was created, then that means you don't belevie Genesis, which makes me wonder why you quote Genesis to refute a position you don't believe in the first place? Curious position. Why would God do that ? A global flood would be an incredible generator of fossils on a global scale, and consequently, this is exactly what we find. Keep in mind also that belief in something does not make it true.

Many creatures have gone extinct. We do know this. If genesis is true (which it is) then most likely, a fair amount of creatures went extint during the year long deluge. Since the flood was because of mans evil, then it's man fault ultamitely. Also the earth has been cursed since mans first sin which has brought much change to the earth, no doubt contributing to more extinction - again mans fault ultimately.

I agree it's not modern mans fault for the flood. But if you read any news paper, from any culture anywhere on the globe it quite apparent that man is reliving Gen 8 all over again. He's pleased with obedient and humbled hearts, not rebellious sinners. Peace.

Edit on my last post. Since 2 of all animals were on the ark, ( including all the so called "dinosaurs") the actual flood would not have caused any extinctions per say. These [extinctions] would have occured after the ark landed and the animals were forced to live in the post canopy/post flood world. Mind you, prior to boarding the ark it's possible some creatures went extint due to man hunting them for food for example. But we will never know.

To the OP for a second and post # 3.

Why would God do this? Embed fossils? Surely you must have a theory as to why He might do this? Yet, when we take His word for what it simply says, the answer of the embedded fossils is quite clear...

Do you realize the power of water? Imagine a heard creatures, running across and plain on the early earth and then getting swamped by this. Depending on the amount of sediment vs water, one can totally see how they could be swiftly buried and therefore fossilized quite easily.

Not all, no doubt, but some would be. If the waters rose as Genesis asserts, due to a global flood, these global fossils are exactly what one would expect to see...and we do...

Why do some insist on complicating the story? I mean, if we did not see any evidence for a global flood I would say "Ok you got me" but we DO! Tones of it...everywhere on earth..even with the ancient peoples as well. The most logical explanation is that it actually happened!

Last edited:

Why would God do this? Embed fossils? Surely you must have a theory as to why He might do this? Yet, when we take His word for what it simply says, the answer of the embedded fossils is quite clear...

Do you realize the power of water? Imagine a heard creatures, running across and plain on the early earth and then getting swamped by this. Depending on the amount of sediment vs water, one can totally see how they could be swiftly buried and therefore fossilized quite easily.

Not all, no doubt, but some would be. If the waters rose as Genesis asserts, due to a global flood, these global fossils are exactly what one would expect to see...and we do...

Why do some insist on complicating the story? I mean, if we did not see any evidence for a global flood I would say "Ok you got me" but we DO! Tones of it...everywhere on earth..even with the ancient peoples as well. The most logical explanation is that it actually happened!

that means repent.

Simple answer: art

Nope. Bill Nye blows this to pieces: https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=ham+ny+debate&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-002

1:03:47-1:05

I really don't understand the point here.

The flood absolutely occured, as well as everything written in Genesis. Indeed, that's what I'm defending. Genesis also describes the earth being only 1556 years old at the time of Abram, which it was. Explain it away however you will. The earth was indeed 1556 years old at that time, just as Moses says in Genesis. Your arguments seem to contradict Moses' description in my view, not mine.

I actually just watched a big debate with Ham and Bill "the science guy"... I thought Ham destroyed Bill.

Amazing what different people see isn't it?

If death was before adam,Jesus defeated that spiritual death.then why is physical death the last enemy?

I watched the debate live, and still think Ham won, but this, and many points went unanswered by Ham. Did you even take time to view the segment I posted (less than 2 minutes)? It's typical to go with your favorite just because in the long-run you know he's right. But it's foolish to ignore the opponent when he's right. The only answer that appropriately addresses many of the evolutionists challenges is that God created a work-in-process, with the answer to the question, "why?" being art.

We could even draw the conclusion that these "fossils" actually represent the intent of Gen 1:24 perfectly, because God said, "Let the earth produce," these creatures, which does not suggest evolution, but God's method in creating those creatures from day 6 of creation, as though the earth conceived and gave birth to these creatures at God's Word. That is, those creatures were conceived in the earth at God's Word, developed and matured within the womb of the earth, who then produced them.

I watched the debate live, and still think Ham won, but this, and many points went unanswered by Ham. Did you even take time to view the segment I posted (less than 2 minutes)? It's typical to go with your favorite just because in the long-run you know he's right. But it's foolish to ignore the opponent when he's right. The only answer that appropriately addresses many of the evolutionists challenges is that God created a work-in-process, with the answer to the question, "why?" being art.

I will review your clip, I assumed it was the big debate, my apologies. During the big debate many questions went un-answered by both sides I noticed. I guess thats the nature of a debate, too much information, not enough time. So just because Ham did not answer, nor answer satisfactory a question from Bill, does not make the entire paradigm wrong. I am stuck at work, I will try and get to it a little later, cheers! P

We could even draw the conclusion that these "fossils" actually represent the intent of Gen 1:24 perfectly, because God said, "Let the earth produce," these creatures, which does not suggest evolution, but God's method in creating those creatures from day 6 of creation, as though the earth conceived and gave birth to these creatures at God's Word. That is, those creatures were conceived in the earth at God's Word, developed and matured within the womb of the earth, who then produced them.

Well, that's quite the assumption/interpretation there. I don't see why its necessary to complicate the data like that. If one starts with Gods word and does not try and force macro evolution into it, this understanding is not necessary. The fossils came from a global flood which all the data supports. This does make sense. Did you see the power of that Tsunami? Mind you, I will fully agree that some fossils have come from subsequent local floods and disasters that befallen the earth prior to and after the flood.

Back